Page « 1 2 3 ... 30 [3132 ... 57 58 59 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2021 season 1741 replies
Martti Kaasik
(Group Master - 2)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #901 posted Sep 15th 2021, 16:35:01 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 15th 2021,16:22:45 )

Quote ( Jun Ho @ September 15th 2021,15:39:26 )

So, who is winning the Russian GP? :)

Amazingpin surely.

- a Briton won in Britain
- a Dutchman won in Netherlands
- a part Italian driver won in Italy
- the next is a foregone conclusion. Mazepin will win in Russia.

That will be amazing achievement :D He must use russian tank to be last man standing on track :D
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #902 posted Sep 15th 2021, 16:42:48 Quote 

Amazingpin surely.

I don't think there's ever been a 1 car finish but if anyone can remove all the competition it's the man currently 21st out of 20 in the championship ;)
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #903 posted Sep 15th 2021, 16:54:40 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 16:56:13 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( James Berriman @ September 15th 2021,15:57:59 )

you do highlight a good point here though, Ceapa,, Max's car has allowed for that gentlemanly attitude all season ( even vs other cars than Ham ) no sign of it yet though ;P

There is a practice data processing expert that Sky , here in Germany at least , brought in this season … He’s running a software with all time sheets and is able to predict Some things , as much as possible considering how tight everything is lately … Race pace was rarely on Max’s side, while Qually pace did put him in front most of the times , tight numbers , let’s keep that in mind

This is where the numbers show Max facing the competition all alone , most of the time his choices for race strategy are drastically reduced down to 1 , due to Perez finding himself so far off pace , qually numbers of course
Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #904 posted Sep 15th 2021, 18:00:10 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ September 15th 2021,15:35:45 )

Allow me an honest try to defuse all the toxicity in this thread meanwhile ...

First, whether you are backing HAM or VER or any other driver, it's your prerogative and you are fine sticking with you choice. This in itself will never offend me, nor should it offend anybody else.

The F1 2021 season is heated, starring two great drivers. HAM has proven it over and over again racking up his World Titles. Which ever way you look at his CV, he has done great and his achievements stand and should vouch for a certain level of respect by all race fans! VER meanwhile is not that young gun anymore. He brought liveliness to the tracks and for many F1 has come back to live again once he started mixing in more and more every season. He's had some great performances in the past, and did some awesome overtakes that left all or at least most of us in awe. Whether or not you support one or the other, both are now seen as the top dogs on the 2021 grid.

Throughout F1 history there have been great battles between the greatest in F1. Many have clashed and many battles were fought of and on track. To a certain extend, I hope this will forever be the case, albeit this is only good fun when injuries are not in the equation! As we are all caught up in this heated discussion, all I can say is that we are all sort of thrilled with the action on track this season. It's gripping us and we are very much looking forward to upcoming races!

I would want to suggest a few things to keep in mind to keep this and other GPRO threads at a level in which open communication is and will remain to be possible;

1 | When things like the Silverstone a/o the Monza crash happen, there's always at least two involved and most likely at least partly to blame. The stewards decided against HAM in Silverstone and against VER in Monza. Like it or not, that's how it is!

2 | Please keep in mind that whenever you have a favorite on the grid, your views and perception will ALWAYS be colored towards your favorite. It's good to defend any case in his name, but don't think he is always in the right. Learn to embrace the fact that also your favorite may make mistakes, and own them.

3 | Perceptions of which driver is what sort of a driver, are again colored by choice of your favorite. Every incident has it's own merits and should be looked upon as such. Relentless referring to the past without any show of how things may have improved over time, is bypassing any growth that is achieved in the meantime. Hence such remarks by default are off

4 | Name calling like Crashtappen, Crymilton, and the many likes, do not add to any discussion. The same goes for all references towards the past as if there was no learning curve absolved. It just inflames discussions for no particular reason. If you like an open discussion, show some respect to these great drivers and to our peers here in GPRO and just refrain from using such.

@Silverstone, VER hit the wall at 51G and visited the hospital for a check-up. Not something to shrug off easily and if it wasn't for current safety standards, we all would have been feeling differently ever since. HAM was blamed and penalized a 10s time penalty. HAM was told VER was OK, and he stated he didn't know of VER's visit to hospital for a check-up.
@Monza, HAM's helmet was visited by gripping rubber causing at least some "discomfort" to his neck. VER was penalized 3 grid positions. While VER walked away, clearly HAM was trying to dig himself out to continue his way therefor indicating he was ok at the time.
> One could easily argue that in both cases, these gladiators could have done better towards the other! There is no point is making the one or the other bigger than is, while trying to minimize the other incident. Both could have had a very different outcome less than 10 yrs ago ... Let's just leave it there ...

In both cases, the driver was hurt/injured/bruised to say the least. One is no worse than the other (if you will), we all should be happy with current FIA safety standards, and as a result both of them were able to walk away. Ask the many former F1 gladiators that were unable to walk away, and died while driving fast ... Obviously, having a 750kg car landing on your helmet isn't funny, but neither is hitting a wall at 51G! Whether you are pro or con, according to the stewards, the HAM vs VER score is at 1-1 currently. Let's hope this score will not go up any further!

The way forward for me to keep discussing things, would be to do so in all fairness and keeping in mind others POV. It would also help to stick to the new incident, rather then to backtrack to all previous incidents. You may not like that view, but everyone is entitled to their own. As long as discussions have valid points without exaggerations or sneers under the belt, it will be a lot better discussing things.

I sincerely hope that like me, many of us in here do not like the tone of discussion of late. Things have gone beyond the limits of healthy discussing the sport we all love more or less. So maybe it's time to step away from this thread for a bit, let us all cool down again. When next race is up, let's reconvene is a more civilized manor ;)

I probably missed a point or two here, spare me. I'm pretty much done with the toxicity in here, including my own off-days ...

@Niels Van Heijster (A9) I think you're being hypocritical here

First your reference to Toxicity, you have resorted to not name calling a well payed professional, (Crashtappen/Crymilton/etc..., you have upped the ante by using personal abuse. (all this thread)
#post 479 you call Sudeep an utter joke, and a cry baby, oh and a troll.
#post 485 Sudeep is the target again, this time blind as a bat and other insults
post # 501 and 502, just general abuse again.
post #506 i think a Dutch insult
post #531 in your half arsed apology, you even abuse Sudeep again by calling him a Troll.
post #677 Sudeep again cops a load of flack, you like to pick on Sudeep don't you?
post #768 you attack me calling me blatantly biased in every post, i challenged you to back this up, you ran to the hills with your tail between your legs and ignored it. Prove it, or be a man and admit you were wrong.
So, a Hypocrite asking me to change what i say on an open forum, will not wash pal. I'll say what i like within the GPRO rules, downthumb all you like, wont change my life.

someone needs to speak up against gobshites like you.

Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 9)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #905 posted Sep 15th 2021, 18:57:30 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 18:58:35 by Niels Van Heijster) Quote 
@Shaun Thornton (M3) - And there he is as expected. If you ever thought your "invite" would prompt me to respond to your silliness, your bet was wrong. Invites and challenges like yours can be passed upon. That doesn't mean I run to the hills, but your choice of words here underline my thoughts on how you choose to communicate, pre-possessed ...

I see you made a study of my posts, good on you! You state clearly what I did wrong and sort of demand I come clean, yet you start your post in one of the most eloquent ways possible. Again, good for you, well played! Need more praise ... ? To me, Sudeep has a tendency to make a point from the darkest angle possible, always good for HAM, never good for VER. Somewhat similar to your posts, at least from my POV. Then again, I didn't back tread and study each and every post you made. Maybe you think you are right, maybe even you are at times, but you are not getting my time doing that sort of bogus stuff.

While calling me a hypocrite, pal, if you read my post well, I never asked to change your ways other then to bring it back within normal lines of communication. You shouldn't twist words to make someone look worse than they are, it's pretty despicable. Especially within this community, we should not dish at each other the way we all did recently, me and you included. Oh, and I don't think any of the down thumbs on any of your posts came from me, there simply was no need for that ... :)

Do as you please, Shaun. I'll leave it up to others to jump on your posts to comment. As said before, there no reasoning with someone that is clearly in so deep he/she cannot see his/her own shortcomings. Demanding an apology like you are the chosen one, while simultaneously making the same errors you're accusing me of.

I'll state it once more, maybe even clearer for you, it wasn't my better days recently. But if you are expecting a genuine apology, don't hold your breath! First of all for what exactly, for speaking my mind only from my POV, just like you do. Second would you offer one, considering you address me on personal abuse, while you start the same post ever so eloquently ...

Don't do upon others as you do not want to be treated. I was wrong at times here and there, I was not the only one! As I concluded my post with "I probably missed a point or two here, spare me. I'm pretty much done with the toxicity in here, including my own off-days ..." yet you wanna cling-on to this ... ?

PS. If you aren't used to google translate: post #506 "Onnozele" means "Silly". If that's a big insult to you or Sudeep, so be it, my intend was far less then that. In Dutch language it's a quite harmless term ;)

To conclude, should you find any fault in my texts/posts, my bad, however I gladly invite you to state your reply in Dutch ;)
Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #906 posted Sep 15th 2021, 19:20:37 Quote 
In Dutch?
GPRO rules state English as the Forum language so no , i wont even attempt it.

I didn't twist your words, just referenced them, they were your words.

And please don't apologise, just lay off Sudeep, is all i ask.

I cannot stand a bully, if i see someone backed into a corner i respond and help. right or wrong, i won't change.

job done.
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #907 posted Sep 15th 2021, 19:53:32 Quote 

Quote ( Jun Ho @ September 15th 2021,15:39:26 )

So, who is winning the Russian GP? :)

Amazingpin surely.

- a Briton won in Britain
- a Dutchman won in Netherlands
- a part Italian driver won in Italy
- the next is a foregone conclusion. Mazepin will win in Russia.

Hahahahahahahaha
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #908 posted Sep 15th 2021, 19:56:31 Quote 
Can we please stop the Anglo-Dutch war and focus on the brilliant Ozzy who obviously made the post of the season for me..... I fell of my couch laughing and choked on my Pepsi Max reading that!!!

Thanks Luke! You're the second Ozzy winner after Danny Ric imo!
Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #909 posted Sep 15th 2021, 20:00:02 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 20:00:19 by Shaun Thornton) Quote 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ September 15th 2021,19:56:31 )

Can we please stop the Anglo-Dutch war and focus on the brilliant Ozzy who obviously made the post of the season for me..... I fell of my couch laughing and choked on my Pepsi Max reading that!!!

Thanks Luke! You're the second Ozzy winner after Danny Ric imo!

I agree, it wears thin, my posts are all reactive but nonetheless, you are right.

hatchet buried.
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #910 posted Sep 15th 2021, 20:02:58 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 20:03:16 by Floris Maljers) Quote 
Oh and Bottas should win Russia, it's the one race he wins :-)
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #911 posted Sep 15th 2021, 21:07:20 Quote 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ September 15th 2021,19:56:31 )

Can we please stop the Anglo-Dutch war and focus on licking Luke's donkey

here you are making dramatic singing mountains out of just a heated passionate discussion,, I couldn't give 2 hoots what flag comes after their name,, seems more likely you want it dissolved as it isn't to your liking. bah
Verstappen is a total turd, and cynically dangerous, even if he was from the planet;) Uranus he still would be both of those! :]

I only came here to voice my disgust at the Red bull slime machine, and I am perfectly within my rights to keep doing it ! so don't push me with your continuous droning preachy better than thou wankguff modding ,, that has nothing to do with F1 2021... :D

Quote ( Shaun Thornton @ September 15th 2021,20:00:02 )

you are right.

no Shaun.. ya let me down there,, Good stuff otherwise tho, hehe

a Ferrari or 2 on the podium at Russia for me,, maybe through more carnage and excitement?? they are struggling, but I feel/hope it's time they made some ground back,, Charlie Leclerc is quality !! so much more to come from him I hope. please Ferrari get it right for next year :)

Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #912 posted Sep 15th 2021, 21:13:27 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 21:29:16 by Shaun Thornton) Quote 
Sorry James, I’m punch drunk.😂

I like Saintz personally, on the Netflix thing he came across as a top bloke.

James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #913 posted Sep 15th 2021, 21:54:24 Quote 
Yes mate, Carlos is a class act too.. the future of the sport does look bright :)

must finish that netflix thing, keep getting side-tracked from it ,, it has some great content.. some not so - don't think all the swearing is that good for the sport,, yeah tv drama/excitement/Hollywood but not really keeping it inclusive for everyone,, I couldn't let my kids watch it yet for example - not that they actually care,, but I would of been well keen to watch at 7 years old.
Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #914 posted Sep 15th 2021, 22:17:50 Quote 
Future is bright, deffo.
My worry with Russell is he is too nice, a bit like Damon Hill. Might be wrong, next couple of years will tell.
looking forward, leclerc, Norris, Gasly, Russell, Sainz, and Verstappen and some others. All competing. A bit of evening up with the cars/rules if they can. Could set up some cracking racing.

might start to be worth the kings ransom Sky charge👍🏻
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #915 posted Sep 15th 2021, 22:18:44 (last edited Sep 15th 2021, 22:20:08 by Floris Maljers) Quote 
Quote ( James Berriman @ September 15th 2021,21:07:20 )

blah blah blah, my opinion matters, blah

Let's see if the unkeebler works on you.....

Edit: Seems it does :-)
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #916 posted Sep 15th 2021, 22:21:53 Quote 
again no 2021 content?

yeah run and hide from what you don't like big fella :D
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #917 posted Sep 16th 2021, 11:00:29 (last edited Sep 16th 2021, 11:08:51 by Floris Maljers) Quote 
Quote ( Shaun Thornton @ September 15th 2021,22:17:50 )

My worry with Russell is he is too nice, a bit like Damon Hill.

I'm pretty hopefull him driving into Bottas means he isn't :-)

Quote ( Shaun Thornton @ September 15th 2021,22:17:50 )

looking forward, leclerc, Norris, Gasly, Russell, Sainz, and Verstappen and some others. All competing. A bit of evening up with the cars/rules if they can. Could set up some cracking racing.

I really hope the cap makes the cars more equal too and we can see some other teams joining in the fun!
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #918 posted Sep 16th 2021, 11:48:00 (last edited Sep 16th 2021, 11:49:39 by James Berriman) Quote 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ September 16th 2021,11:00:29 )

I'm pretty hopefull him driving into Bottas means he isn't :-)

how can that crash can be described as "Russell driving into Bottas"
far more of a racing incident ( AT MASSIVE SPEEDS ! ) than the incident you're actively trying to stop the discussion on...
you have some fine double standards :/

Russell is really impressive ! I have no doubt he will bring it to Lewis :]
hopefully fighting with the back grid, hasn't dulled his edge these last couple seasons

Also sometimes Grand Prix drivers that have had that initial experience in the slower cars, do seem to make some of the best champions :]

ps : since Floris can't read me,, I can happily state here that I am clearly better at GPRO than him lol, with out worry of any more tears :P
sure I don't need to be immature, but he started the high and mighty modding and then silencing!! bsh*t :D so I may carry it on until he grows a pair and un silences me
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #919 posted Sep 16th 2021, 11:49:58 Quote 
Don't you think that the lower league is more beautiful and more exciting?
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #920 posted Sep 16th 2021, 12:12:49 Quote 
Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ September 16th 2021,11:49:58 )

Don't you think that the lower league is more beautiful and more exciting?

you mean the mid and back of the F1 grid ?

I suppose yes,, if I had 1 single chance to experience an F1 race and it was either out in front, or in the chaos of the pack,, yes maybe the pack would be far more of an experience :D

Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #921 posted Sep 16th 2021, 15:13:23 Quote 
He probably means F2.

F2 is extremely exciting right now. It's quite the gift to have so many Red Bull, Alpine and Ferrari academy drivers all in one league, but quite sad when you think that none of them are even fighting for a seat in Formula 1 this season. Well one could be, there's still an Alfa seat available after all.

It would be perfect if Renault could come up with a sister team. While Mercedes have ties with Aston and Williams, they don't really have many upcoming, promising juniors to fill them. Which is good, it means those who make it to F1 aren't instantly wiped out if they aren't instantly competitive in their family team. Kudos to Mercedes for opening their doors to other drivers.

But with Red Bull haivng two teams and Ferrari in control of 3, Alpine and Mclaren are kinda screwed for inviting in juniors. Lundgaard and Piastri definitely both deserve future F1 tryouts, but with Ocon signing a new 3-year deal it's unlikely both will get the chance in the near future. Jack Aitken was brave enough to ditch the Renault junior program and join Williams, and he was rewarded with a drive in Sakhir last season before even 1 Renault/Alpine junior was granted a practice session...

It's harsh for those in the lower categories at the moment. F1 is already full of the new generation's title contenders, but there's so many more that deserve the chance right around the corner. At least we may be able to see a couple Ferrari or Red Bull juniors in by 2023.
Liviu Sandu
(Group Amateur - 72)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #922 posted Sep 16th 2021, 15:25:28 Quote 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ September 16th 2021,15:13:23 )

He probably means F2.

F2
James Berriman
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #923 posted Sep 16th 2021, 15:56:02 Quote 
ok, so no imo definitely not more beautiful or exciting.

with just 20 seats on the grid, and F1 careers seemingly longer these days,, they(young drivers) face an uphill challenge, but hey it has been this way a long time, they know it when they choose and start their careers.

other/lower motorsports, single seaters or not, whatever,,, it is not F1.
The manufacturing of their cars, the passion & politics, The size of these teams in such a team sport,, the speed, The Eddie Jordan's, the excitement just before the lights go out,, the sheer awesomeness !! etc... why waste 4000 words on anything else? :P

Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #924 posted Sep 16th 2021, 20:11:01 Quote 

He probably means F2.

F2 is extremely exciting right now.

Stupid question probably but where can you watch F2, honestly don't have a clue where to watch it.
Shaun Thornton
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #925 posted Sep 16th 2021, 20:24:45 Quote 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ September 16th 2021,20:11:01 )

He probably means F2.

F2 is extremely exciting right now.

Stupid question probably but where can you watch F2, honestly don't have a clue where to watch it.

Same as F1 Floris, on your telly.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Joe Manifold
(Group Pro - 19)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #926 posted Sep 16th 2021, 20:34:08 Quote 

https://www.fiaformula2.com/About/5KKoOKrH2MbJlUgtRMYDQy/whe...
Floris Maljers
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #927 posted Sep 16th 2021, 20:50:14 Quote 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ September 16th 2021,20:34:08 )

https://www.fiaformula2.com/About/5KKoOKrH2MbJlUgtRMYDQy/whe...

Thanks man!
Matija Gjurčević
(Group Rookie - 119)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #928 posted Sep 17th 2021, 06:16:22 Quote 
You people are insane. I ain't reading this anymore, like wtf is this. Can't find 1 thing about F1 in these kilometer long posts.

Quote ( Xavier Porta @ September 14th 2021,19:53:16 )

Quote ( Matija Gjurčević @ September 14th 2021,19:50:03 )

I could have read a good book, but no, I had to read this...

Did you mean all the thread or the post before yours? :D

I meant like in general, didn't mean to target anyone specificly.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 47)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #929 posted Sep 17th 2021, 09:00:26 (last edited Sep 17th 2021, 09:01:49 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Matija Gjurčević @ September 17th 2021,06:16:22 )

You people are insane. I ain't reading this anymore, like wtf is this. Can't find 1 thing about F1 in these kilometer long posts.

there is some F1 infos that pops up in this thread from time to time , but I don’t think it was meant to cover for a news channel or something …

We kinda’ use this place to express our feelings/frustrations/enthusiasm with each race’s end , suppprt and comment on teams , drivers , stewards and their actions … pretty dangerous place if you ask me :))
Andrew Wilden
(Group Rookie - 144)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #930 posted Sep 17th 2021, 12:27:04 (last edited Sep 17th 2021, 12:39:36 by Andrew Wilden) Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 17th 2021,09:00:26 )

Quote ( Matija Gjurčević @ September 17th 2021,06:16:22 )

there is some F1 infos that pops up in this thread from time to time , but I don’t think it was meant to cover for a news channel or something …

We kinda’ use this place to express our feelings/frustrations/enthusiasm with each race’s end , suppprt and comment on teams , drivers , stewards and their actions … pretty dangerous place if you ask me :))

I notice you completely forgot to mention your complete bias BS towards Red Bull & Max, Ceapa
Page « 1 2 3 ... 30 [3132 ... 57 58 59 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic