Page [12 3 4 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Forum sondages
Staff experience should go above 100 pts?
Enregistrez vous pour voter ou voir les résultats des sondages
Auteur Sujet: Staff experience 115 réponses
Leandro Sereno7
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (14)   Je n'aime pas ce post (21)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 15:58:20 Citer 
Some managers are reaching 100 pts on staff experience and admins conffirmed this is the limit.

However, experience for drivers and TDs can keep increasing over the limit of other stats (250 pts), so following this logic It was expected experience from staff keep increasing "over the limit" or not?

Admins will be satisfied if we discuss about it. :)
Alex Slawson
(Groupe Pro - 5)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (4)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:00:43 Citer 
i would also expect it to keep increasing over that limit. i am a long way of it and not sure i will ever get there, but for the guys at the top to keep improving there cant be a limit
Kevin Parkinson
(Groupe Rookie - 217)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (19)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:06:10 Citer 
Surely one of the points of the experience change, and upcoming change (capping the effect on speed at 250 exp) was to shorten the gap between the very top of Elite and everyone else, giving more opportunity for new managers to promote and compete in Elite, and eventually at the very top of Elite.

Removing a cap on staff experience would do the opposite (although on a smaller scale than limitless driver experience) as it would allow those in Elite to get a further advantage from those joining them from Master. Any such extra advantage, no matter how small, I don't believe is either necessary or good for the game.
Michael Keeney
(Groupe Master - 2)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (10)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:06:24 Citer 
Big no-no. Will make the strongest managers even stronger. This is even silly that admin humoured the idea....Like as if they could allow this to happen.
Roni Moura
(Groupe Amateur - 52)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:10:16 Citer 
I voted yes but in lower ratio.
Felipe Aguiar
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (5)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:12:40 Citer 
It would be like breaking an area that is already perfect.

Just name 1 good reason experience should go to infinity?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (7)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:13:51 Citer 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 3rd 2012,16:06:10 )

Surely one of the points of the experience change, and upcoming change (capping the effect on speed at 250 exp) was to shorten the gap between the very top of Elite and everyone else, giving more opportunity for new managers to promote and compete in Elite, and eventually at the very top of Elite.

Removing a cap on staff experience would do the opposite

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Jan Pavlicek2
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
République tchèque 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (10)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:19:13 (dernière édition (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:30:04 par Jan Pavlicek) Citer 
this is very interesting. just when it happens that there is about a huge number of high experienced drivers to retire, some of the managers who own these try to start discussions about capping driver's experience with relation to speed. why? as they will most likely end up with "low" experience driver to their standards.

I am in favor of capping experience as well, but why they never said anything when they were using their driver's experience as advantage with speed and car wear?

and now the suggestion of no limits to staff experience helps again long term players in Elite and it's a big disadvantage to any new players or Elite newcomers. so not really in agreement with this :)
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:30:29 Citer 
seeing the points made out...totally makes sense...no limits to staff skills makes it difficult again for new comers...nope not a good suggestion
Keri Lovell
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:31:32 Citer 

Removing a cap on staff experience would do the opposite (although on a smaller scale than limitless driver experience) as it would allow those in Elite to get a further advantage from those joining them from Master. Any such extra advantage, no matter how small, I don't believe is either necessary or good for the game.

Totally agree
Shoaib Mohamed
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:31:47 Citer 
Quote ( Leandro Sereno @ March 3rd 2012,15:58:20 )

Some managers are reaching 100 pts on staff experience and admins conffirmed this is the limit.

However, experience for drivers and TDs can keep increasing over the limit of other stats (250 pts), so following this logic It was expected experience from staff keep increasing "over the limit" or not?

Admins will be satisfied if we discuss about it. :)

I think they should remove the cap

BUT...

only if staff experience of ALL managers is also reset to 0 at the start of next season :P
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:32:39 Citer 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ March 3rd 2012,16:31:47 )

only if staff experience of ALL managers is also reset to 0 at the start of next season :P

lol
Sion Francis
(Groupe Amateur - 22)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (5)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:33:14 Citer 
To be honest staff skills should degrade like facility levels, with faster degredation at higher levels.

Certainly increasing or removing a cap is just giving people who've been outside of rookie for a long time an advantage.
Nuno Vicente
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:58:25 Citer 
I voted no.....but i guess somethink sould change?!

Maybe make it more dificult to get 100?

Only some Elite managers could get there?

And relegations would make it drop a bit?

The best professional like to work with good facilities.....

Kevin Parkinson
(Groupe Rookie - 217)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (4)
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 16:59:32 Citer 
Quote ( Nuno Vicente @ March 3rd 2012,16:58:25 )

Maybe make it more dificult to get 100?
Quote ( Sion Francis @ March 3rd 2012,16:33:14 )

To be honest staff skills should degrade like facility levels, with faster degredation at higher levels.

:)
Tomas Cervinskij
(Groupe Amateur - 13)

Pays:
Lituanie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #16 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:02:04 Citer 
Quote ( Felipe Aguiar @ March 3rd 2012,16:12:40 )

Because after some time many people above pro at least will have that 100 experience, which will simply eliminate it from the game. Of course, it will take much time, but I doubt Leandro was expecting to reach that 100 staff experience when he just started playing the game..

Note that staff experience is not increasing faster in Elite and we don't have staff overall limits like we have for drivers. So basically a manager who spent 25 seasons in amateur or higher theorically can also have that 100 staff experience. It's advantage for people who do testing+don't retire/relegate or reset to rookie and not only for those who are in Elite. While drivers training is very limited below Elite.

Unlimited experience may be not very fair for those who have just joined the game or reseted their accounts though. But managers in higher leagues also have other thing that they reached with time, fe. testing points, facilities, car parts, drivers.. Maybe we should also limit all this to make the game "more fair"? :)

And finally, I don't understand what's the difference if it's limited or unlimited. Staff experience effect is so low that you surely won't see any changes in Elite. I stayed there with less then 30 staff experience if I remember correctly. I could have stayed much longer of course, but staff experience surely wasn't the reason why I relegated. Admins would better concentrate on other very unbalanced things, first of all on sponsors system.
Frederico Neves1
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #17 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:02:10 Citer 

Nothing else to add...
Sion Francis
(Groupe Amateur - 22)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #18 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:04:57 (dernière édition (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:08:15 par Sion Francis) Citer 
Quote ( Tomas Cervinskij @ March 3rd 2012,17:02:04 )

But managers in higher leagues also have other thing that they reached with time, fe. testing points, facilities, car parts, drivers.. Maybe we should also limit all this to make the game "more fair"? :)

All these things are limited already.

Further all these things can be reached by a new manager in a fairly reasonable length of time...staff experience and technical skill, otoh, take an absolute age to build up. 25 seasons of constant testing is, what, 5 real life years? If there wasn't a cap there would be no way to ever catch up to other people's staff levels - that's the first problem. The second, more immediate problem, is the question of whether it's fair or reasonable to include a game mechanic where it will take someone at least 5 real life years to catch up to their rivals.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #19 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:05:15 Citer 

Admins would better concentrate on other very unbalanced things, first of all on sponsors system.

*Searches for another multi tittle holding Elite manager to bribe into opening a poll on sponsors*
Chinmay Dhopate
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #20 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:09:18 (dernière édition (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:10:48 par Chinmay Dhopate) Citer 

I agree... degradation should be implemented implemented for Technical Skill and Experience too, something similar to how Stress Handling/Efficiency/Concentration degradation works at the moment.

The justification for this degradation? Your staff doesn't represent any particular staff, it represents the collection of your entire staff. People from the staff team will retire/leave the organisation, and when this happens, skills will obviously drop. Even experience will drop when a highly experienced staff member retires.

GPRO doesn't represent these staff members at an individual level, so representing this experience/technical expertise loss on a broader scale (degradation of those skills during resets) makes sense. What doesn't make sense is people who haven't been in rookie in the interim period benefiting from testing sessions they may have done 20 seasons ago which they do under the current model for Technical Skill/Experience.
Felipe Aguiar
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #21 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:09:35 Citer 

Because after some time many people above pro at least will have that 100 experience, which will simply eliminate it from the game.

I asked for a good reason :S

Simply put, this is a very selfish suggestion to keep an edge over an area of the game whose anybody can achieve if they really desire it.
Tomas Cervinskij
(Groupe Amateur - 13)

Pays:
Lituanie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #22 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:11:29 (dernière édition (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:27:59 par Tomas Červinskis) Citer 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ March 3rd 2012,17:04:57 )

All these things are limited already.

Drivers are not, testing points too. Parts limits are the same for all managers and facilities limit is higher in Elite then in other groups.

Quote ( Sion Francis @ March 3rd 2012,17:04:57 )

Further all these things can be reached by a new manager in a fairly reasonable length of time...staff experience and technical skill, otoh, take an absolute age to build up. 25 seasons of constant testing is, what, 5 real life years? If there wasn't a cap there would be no way to ever catch up to other people's staff levels - that's the first problem. The second, more immediate problem, is the question of whether it's fair or reasonable to include a game mechanic where it will take someone at least 5 real life years to catch up to their rivals.

It will take 6-8 seasons only to get from Rookie to Elite. It might take up to 10 seasons to be prepared for Elite. In this time 100 technical skill can be easily reached and experience.. Well, now it's unbalanced as well. And I didn't say unlimiting will balance it. Maybe it should be facilities-related, not nescessary decreasing when facilities are low level, but faster increase for high facilities levels would be nice. Or driver, or something else related..
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #23 Posté (le) 3 Mars 2012, 17:23:20 Citer 

well not too much in favor of this suggestion....but still the question will come when top elite's will reach 100 skills...the option available now is capping them (which will render all those top managers useless as they have reached an ultimatum or something)..and that could lead to a motivation loss for some elite's as they have reached all the pinnacles in the game (maxed out driver,car,staff and sponsors)...
Michael Monaco
(Groupe Amateur - 54)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #24 Posté (le) 4 Mars 2012, 22:22:45 (dernière édition (le) 4 Mars 2012, 22:23:19 par Michael Monaco) Citer 
Quote ( Leandro Sereno @ March 3rd 2012,15:58:20 )

Some managers are reaching 100 pts on staff experience

How many managers are we talking about here anyway that have reached (or are close) 100 exp?

EDIT: for the record I've been here a while, and no where near that.
Paulo Pinto1
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #25 Posté (le) 4 Mars 2012, 22:41:41 Citer 
100 exp??

One more problem for me next season..... Young managers definitely are not welcome to Elite :(
Peter Alan
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #26 Posté (le) 4 Mars 2012, 23:31:08 Citer 

Surely one of the points of the experience change, and upcoming change (capping the effect on speed at 250 exp) was to shorten the gap between the very top of Elite and everyone else, giving more opportunity for new managers to promote and compete in Elite, and eventually at the very top of Elite.Removing a cap on staff experience would do the opposite (although on a smaller scale than limitless driver experience) as it would allow those in Elite to get a further advantage from those joining them from Master. Any such extra advantage, no matter how small, I don't believe is either necessary or good for the game.

Said all...
Jan Pavlicek2
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
République tchèque 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #27 Posté (le) 4 Mars 2012, 23:36:11 (dernière édition (le) 4 Mars 2012, 23:36:39 par Jan Pavlicek) Citer 
Quote ( Michael Monaco @ March 4th 2012,22:22:45 )

How many managers are we talking about here anyway that have reached (or are close) 100 exp?

after I resetted to Rookie, then in almost full 7 seasons I got to 23 Staff Experience. if I go with the same pace, I will need to be here for another 30 seasons to get to 100 Staff Experience
Felipe Aguiar
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #28 Posté (le) 4 Mars 2012, 23:44:08 Citer 
Quote ( Jan Pavlicek @ March 4th 2012,23:36:11 )

after I resetted to Rookie, then in almost full 7 seasons I got to 23 Staff Experience. if I go with the same pace, I will need to be here for another 30 seasons to get to 100 Staff Experience

And if staff experience limit is non existant you will always be 30 seasons behind the others with high experience and still in the game. As the time passes and they are still in game the difference will get bigger and bigger untill someone reings supreme as gpro's everyseason champion based on his superior staff power that will never be harmed by another player.
Michael Monaco
(Groupe Amateur - 54)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (7)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #29 Posté (le) 5 Mars 2012, 02:48:24 Citer 
New IDEA!!!

The season in which a manager reaches 100 staff exp, his account automatically gets reset to rookie! :P
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #30 Posté (le) 5 Mars 2012, 03:31:43 Citer 
Quote ( Michael Monaco @ March 5th 2012,02:48:24 )

his account automatically gets reset to rookie! :P

that will be nice for sure ;)
will keep the competition at a high level then :)
Page [12 3 4 » Saut rapide vers la page:

Répondre à ce sujet