Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Last Lap Time on Race Page Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page [12 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Auteur Sujet: Last Lap Time on Race Page 33 réponses
Deepak Kar
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (20)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 9 Juin 2012, 10:27:04 Citer 
Its been long time that I have this on my mind, I searched the forum for "lap time" and found nothing on this topic.

Suggestion is to add "Your Last Lap:" on top of "Your fastest lap:" in the race screen. Alongside it in brackets showing where we stand in the Lap times table.

Example:
Your Last Lap: 1:19.286s (12)

Reason:
Every time I watch the race, I have to go to "lap times" to check my last lap time. If I am multitasking, then every 2 minutes I need to move the mouse to check what my last lap time was and where do I stand.

I am not sure about the app on phone, but if the app on phone also needs the "Lap Times" to be selected then it can be cumbersome in my opinion.

I am not sure if anyone else is as lazy as me to check the table frequently.

Moreover this should not take too much space and time UI and code wise.

Comments guys?
Shoaib Mohamed
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 9 Juin 2012, 10:31:06 Citer 
Ha seems like I'm not the only one that checks the last lap time in the way you described :D

Good idea :)
Michael Franks
(Groupe Amateur - 5)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 9 Juin 2012, 10:31:53 Citer 
Not a bad shout IMO
Phil Maunder
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 9 Juin 2012, 10:33:05 Citer 
Anything to make the timing a bit more easy on the eye gets my vote as I like having the races live while I'm doing stuff.

The other thing that bugs me (not massivley) is when I look at the GAPS tab and want to see what lap times certain guys are doing and it doesn't tell you. You have to click on manager 1 by 1, go to lap time etc....

whole thing could do with an overhaul imo
Deepak Kar
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 9 Juin 2012, 10:43:40 Citer 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ June 9th 2012,10:33:05 )

to see what lap times certain guys are doing and it doesn't tell you.

If selecting once is bad, then you could add them to your friend list and watch them :) :P
Natasha Aprelkova
(Groupe Pro - 11)

Pays:
Fédération de Russie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 16:46:16 Citer 
I think it's an interesting idea! It would be very convenient if the last lap displayed next to the best lap :)
Jed Lilly
(Groupe Amateur - 42)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 16:58:22 Citer 
Last lap means nothing to me until I see what everyone else did on that lap.
Karna Pandu
(Groupe Rookie - 75)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 17:10:31 Citer 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ June 10th 2012,16:58:22 )

Same.....
Junior Almeida
(Groupe Rookie - 87)

Pays:
Brésil 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 17:29:41 Citer 
good ideia, i think there a large room for improvements to show the info during races..

show the gaps for the closest cars would be nice too i.e.
Joe Manifold
(Groupe Amateur - 53)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 18:09:28 Citer 
Quote ( Junior Almeida @ June 10th 2012,17:29:41 )

show the gaps for the closest cars would be nice too i.e.

Car in front and car behind?
Deepak Kar
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 21:57:17 (dernière édition (le) 10 Juin 2012, 21:58:49 par Deepak Kar) Citer 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ June 10th 2012,16:58:22 )

That is why you get your position in the lap times table as well to give you an idea as to where you stand.

This is very similar to knowing your fastest lap, its there in the table but a bit more convenient to have it on screen.

Quote ( Junior Almeida @ June 10th 2012,17:29:41 )

i think there a large room for improvements to show the info during races..

May be the next step could be to add the lap times of the managers who have been selected in the group, but its very secondary.
Joe Manifold
(Groupe Amateur - 53)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 22:02:12 Citer 
I like this idea, can save time and would be more ideal on non-computer browsers. Sometimes when I watch the race on my itouch (which is terribly slow now, getting old), since my computer is not on, it takes forever to load (not GPRO's problem), and then I have to click on Lap Times to bring up the lap times, and then when i scroll down, I have to keep my finger on the screen or the screen will go back to the top, which is annoying. And sometimes when I click on Lap Times, it doesn't always come up first time. Once again I doubt this is GPRO's problem, but I would like this to be implemented as it would quicken up my own problems :).
Deepak Kar
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 10 Juin 2012, 22:06:24 Citer 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ June 10th 2012,22:02:12 )

I have to keep my finger on the screen or the screen will go back to the top, which is annoying.

This is what I encountered once when I was using my friend's phone.

That was the first time i felt the need for it.

Thanks Joe :)
Deepak Kar
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 12 Juin 2012, 22:47:51 Citer 
Did anyone miss the last lap time? :P
Bharat Jawale
(Groupe Amateur - 58)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 13 Juin 2012, 10:06:08 Citer 
i missed it a lot, pls admins take a note of it
Luigi Di Tullio
(Groupe Rookie - 88)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #16 Posté (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 15:35:48 Citer 
I'm new to the game and i was about to create a topic like this... but as i can see, there is no answer after 2 years.. why?
is it too complicated to add this option or is it useless for the Staff?
I think it's just to add a line in the program code!

would be great to get an answer!
Thomas Kolo
(Groupe Amateur - 78)

Pays:
Autriche 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (10)
Posts anciens #17 Posté (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 18:46:14 Citer 
I guess no one of the staff like to implement new things. The core programmer is gone as it seems and they leave the game as it is, as long as they can keep enough managers playing it.
The time will come, when a better game will be developed and managers will stop playing here.
The standard of this game is going to be outdated...
Josh Clark
(Groupe Pro - 17)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #18 Posté (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 19:08:04 Citer 
Yeah because that extra little interesting tab on your manager profile and the MASSIVE GAME-CHANGING UPDATE that's being implemented next season is a clear sign that admins don't listen and implement new things.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Groupe Amateur - 98)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #19 Posté (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 20:04:44 Citer 
The game isn't outdated. For a free game you can't expect everything to be perfect the admins only work on donations.
Fran Betancort
(Groupe Amateur - 66)

Pays:
Espagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #20 Posté (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 20:56:35 (dernière édition (le) 27 Juillet 2014, 20:57:36 par Fran Betancort) Citer 
Quote ( Thomas Kolo @ July 27th 2014,18:46:14 )

I guess no one of the staff like to implement new things. The core programmer is gone as it seems and they leave the game as it is, as long as they can keep enough managers playing it.
The time will come, when a better game will be developed and managers will stop playing here.
The standard of this game is going to be outdated...

Thomas against the game? Again? Who told you that?

You can go back at any time to see all past laps not only last one, why should last lap be implemented and not all past laps? If admins start implementing whatever statistic people suggest for the live race we would have no space for the race, and also it´s totally irrelevant and add nothing to the game ;)

Thomas Kolo
(Groupe Amateur - 78)

Pays:
Autriche 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #21 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 00:57:14 Citer 
Fran! I am not against, otherwise I would not play here. Anyway every program and even game which does not receive updates or modifications will go outdated with the time in this time we are living today.
Be aware about that you will stop one time to play because of no more fun or already achieved all targets.
If the admins do not act to suggestions and guys like you reclaim ideas, this game is already signed to be outdated one time.

For me I still have my targets but I do not agree with the developement. So this is my point!
Jes Roth
(Groupe Amateur - 17)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #22 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 01:01:58 Citer 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 27th 2014,20)
 it´s totally irrelevant and add nothing to the game ;)

I disagree; would be good to see your last lap time w/o having to click around for it, also would be nice to compare my last lap with my fastest at a glance.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groupe Amateur - 48)

Pays:
Mexique 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #23 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 04:28:29 Citer 
Quote ( Thomas Kolo @ July 28th 2014,00:57:14 )

Fran! I am not against, otherwise I would not play here. Anyway every program and even game which does not receive updates or modifications will go outdated with the time in this time we are living today.
Be aware about that you will stop one time to play because of no more fun or already achieved all targets.
If the admins do not act to suggestions and guys like you reclaim ideas, this game is already signed to be outdated one time.

For me I still have my targets but I do not agree with the developement. So this is my point!

Thomas

The game gets updates and face lifts every once in a while.

And some programs don't really need to change, it all depends on the function they serve.

Let's put as an example MSWord, it has basically not changed since WYSIWYG was implemented in the early 90's. Yes they have given new versions with new appearance and new functions but the functionality that is used by at least 90% of the users is the same. And it has been able to survive the threat of new word processors.

Excel is another example but not as clear as Word because new functions are used by more people yet As an advanced Excel user I can say that it is basically the same since early 2000's.

After 28 seasons, I'm yet to be bored, of course it is not the frantic data and equation pursuing of the first seasons, yet I continue enjoying the game, and play for the fun of it.

The game is very dynamic and has changed quite a bit, my first promotion from ama to pro was on a level 5 car and low risks, today you will find managers using level 7 cars and over 50 risks. Driver attributes required have also changed a lot and you can be surprised that what ylu did to promote 4 seasons ago is useless today.

Ah and lets not forget what makes 50% of the game is it's community.

And about the core programmer, the implementation of the timing indicated in this thread does not affect core programming since you will only need to display available data, yet it will clutter an already heavy race page that is used in all sorts of platforms from "not so smart" smartphones to the most modern and powerful desktops.
Fran Betancort
(Groupe Amateur - 66)

Pays:
Espagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #24 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 13:57:54 (dernière édition (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 13:58:25 par Fran Betancort) Citer 
Quote ( Thomas Kolo @ July 28th 2014,00:57:14 )

Anyway every program and even game which does not receive updates or modifications will go outdated with the time in this time we are living today.

You said admins are gone, and that there are not updates, and thats not true, you have much more races than me, and if you haven´t seen any changes in the game I simply don´t know what are you doing, because I´ve seen quite a few ones in the time I´ve been here ;)

Quote ( Jes Roth @ July 28th 2014,01:01:58 )

I disagree; would be good to see your last lap time w/o having to click around for it, also would be nice to compare my last lap with my fastest at a glance.

It add nothing, can you do anything if you have your last lap there compared to now that you don´t have it? No, so it´s irrelevant to have it or not. I´m not saying I´m against, and wouldn´t mind to see it there, just it adds nothing and there are better things where admins can spend their time, that easy ;)
Luigi Di Tullio
(Groupe Rookie - 88)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #25 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 15:07:19 Citer 

It add nothing, can you do anything if you have your last lap there compared to now that you don´t have it? No, so it´s irrelevant to have it or not. I´m not saying I´m against, and wouldn´t mind to see it there, just it adds nothing and there are better things where admins can spend their time, that easy ;)

Of course.. there's always something better that the admins can do, and this is a good reason to do nothing... huh?

it's just an option that makes more comfortable the race view and it doesn't take anything from the game, and that's the point.

more comfortable, nothing less..
and as i said it is very easy to implement because it's just a line to add, but i'm not really sure about this...
Maik Schesch
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #26 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 15:33:08 Citer 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 28th 2014,13:57:54 )

You said admins are gone, and that there are not updates, and thats not true

Did you ever submit a bug report? I did. None got fixed so I stopped even reporting them. Saying that game is anything else than in maintenance mode is a bloody joke imho ;)
Josh Clark
(Groupe Pro - 17)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #27 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 15:37:11 Citer 
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ July 28th 2014,15:33:08 )

Saying that game is anything else than in maintenance mode is a bloody joke imho ;)

It's working isn't it? :P
Jes Roth
(Groupe Amateur - 17)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #28 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 15:41:41 Citer 
I doubt they would be adding tracks if it is in maintainance mode.
Fran Betancort
(Groupe Amateur - 66)

Pays:
Espagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #29 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 16:17:55 Citer 
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ July 28th 2014,15:33:08 )

Did you ever submit a bug report? I did. None got fixed so I stopped even reporting them.

Really, how many bugs have you found? Examples please ;)
Maik Schesch
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #30 Posté (le) 28 Juillet 2014, 16:37:01 Citer 
Fran, are you trying to troll me? :D
Page [12 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Last Lap Time on Race Page Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet