What should be the point system
Enregistrez vous pour voter ou voir les résultats des sondages
Auteur Sujet: Point system 271 réponses
Jimmy De Roy
(Groupe Amateur - 75)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (7)
Posts anciens #181 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 08:11:58 Citer 
Quote ( Dex Vici @ May 15th 2020,07:38:32 )

The Wiki says the game follows F1 in a general sense and is not expected to follow their rules, however the point system is taken from F1 and then fit into a 40-people races. Giving points to 20 people is not any more crazy than having 40 cars on the track.

Then you would have the same problem from position 30.

Why is it that newbies want to change the game? If you don't like the game as it is just leave again instead of making stupid posts about changes.
Dex Vici
(Groupe Amateur - 63)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (6)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #182 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 08:39:04 Citer 
Maybe because you need new people to stick around for a game survive? Just because you are used to playing it the same way for 10 years and can't think of a reason a change would be good, doesn't mean new (better) ideas shouldn't be discussed.

Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ May 15th 2020,08:11:58 )

Then you would have the same problem from position 30.

Why is it that newbies want to change the game? If you don't like the game as it is just leave again instead of making stupid posts about changes.

Jimmy De Roy
(Groupe Amateur - 75)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #183 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 09:11:39 Citer 
Quote ( Dex Vici @ May 15th 2020,08:39:04 )

Maybe because you need new people to stick around for a game survive? Just because you are used to playing it the same way for 10 years and can't think of a reason a change would be good, doesn't mean new (better) ideas shouldn't be discussed.

Dont see why that answers my question.

Giving 20 players points is just diverting the problem to group driving around near from position 25 on.

Why not give everyone points problem solved.

Instead of trying to change a game after 56 races, try playing it as it is for a while.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (6)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #184 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 09:37:05 Citer 
One thing I would change in the current system is the way people with same points are ranked, in the sense that it favours one single good performance rather than consistency of results over the season.
Jimmy De Roy
(Groupe Amateur - 75)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #185 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 09:41:35 Citer 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ May 15th 2020,09:37:05 )

One thing I would change in the current system is the way people with same points are ranked, in the sense that it favours one single good performance rather than consistency of results over the season.

With that i agree ;)
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #186 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 09:57:35 Citer 
Many have objected to this point system. Ideas were given for scoring.

The change affects many other things as well. What about that (finance, statistics, ...)?

David Jones-Winkley
(Groupe Amateur - 62)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #187 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:13:10 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:13:47 par David Jones-Winkley) Citer 
I'm all for a new points system as it does give the lower ranked players in a group a sense of achievement and the motivation to improve if you can get s point down in possibly 15th.

I'd be against getting 50k per point though so this would need to be adjusted so that it doesnt bring in any additional finances.
Tom Byrne
(Groupe Rookie - 101)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #188 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:16:00 Citer 
Here's my proposal. The winner gets 1 point.
Max Watson
(Groupe Amateur - 75)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (7)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #189 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:26:45 Citer 

over half the field have nothing to fight for.

Yeah!

I mean, apart from prize money, sponsor negotiation progress, keeping existing sponsors happy, grid position, fastest laps, driver development, PB finishes and competitiveness between friends/team.

And, as we all know, the key to making people fight harder for something is making it easier to get =]
Stéphane Rombaux
(Groupe Amateur - 18)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #190 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:55:19 Citer 
Quote ( Max Watson @ May 15th 2020,10:26:45 )

I mean, apart from prize money, sponsor negotiation progress, keeping existing sponsors happy, grid position, fastest laps, driver development, PB finishes and competitiveness between friends/team

Isn't that a lot of things already ? :)
I admit that the points system used here was fit for a field of 20 or 24 cars, on GPRO we're racing with up to 40 cars, so only 20% of the field get points. I'd rather see 30%, so 12 spots rewarded with points but even with the current system, I have many reasons to be satisfied with anything from 9th to 12th^^
Romain Lebreton
(Groupe Rookie - 162)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (8)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #191 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 10:55:58 Citer 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ May 15th 2020,10:13:10 )

I'm all for a new points system as it does give the lower ranked players in a group a sense of achievement and the motivation to improve if you can get s point down in possibly 15th.

Instead of trying to change the game after 976 races, try to play it as it is for a while.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #192 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 11:53:18 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 11:55:44 par Mikko Heikkinen) Citer 
Quote ( Clayton Green @ May 15th 2020,08:06:35 )

As well as the fact F1 is also referred to as Grand Prix Racing.

So is many other events, like Moto GP (Grand prix) and there are also Horse races which are referred as Grand Prix and there are Grand Prix races on water too, just to mention a few

https://www.greatlakesgrandprix.com/ <<-- GP racing powerboats
https://sailgp.com/teams/teams-overview/ <<-- GP racing sailboats

Just to remind that "Grand Prix" isn't really dedicated only to Formula1, but instead to many racing disciplines

Quote ( Clayton Green @ May 15th 2020,08:06:35 )

To say it has ‘nothing’ to do with F1 is incorrect.

You are correct in that.

I think that a more accurate way of describing would be that "doesn't necessarily reflect the latest/current" perversions of F1 :)

The GPRO rules are an adaptation of past F1 rules and they don't have to (or rather should not) chance every time Bernie or who ever happens to be in charge of Liberty Media at the time has a stroke.
Dex Vici
(Groupe Amateur - 63)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #193 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:06:46 Citer 

Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ May 15th 2020,09:11:39 )

Quote ( Dex Vici @ May 15th 2020,08:39:04
Dont see why that answers my question.

Giving 20 players points is just diverting the problem to group driving around near from position 25 on.

Why not give everyone points problem solved.

Instead of trying to change a game after 56 races, try playing it as it is for a while.

How hard is it to understand that if 20 people get points then even managers who are in the back are closer to points than to top 8? Far less people would need far less lucky races to have a meaningful result towards Championship Standings.

If it was up to me I would probably give points to top 40, over top 8 yes. But that's not what anybody is asking. Imagine if F1 gave points to top 4 drivers. Do you think it would be better? Most would never score a point and we would compare one driver's one race result to another's for places 10-20

In Amateur there's 10+ managers who don't score a point and then the relegation battle is just who got lucky or managed to push all out one race. Is this really fun for anybody involved? Top 20 point system could mean the relegation battle is actually over the whole season.

As far as me only having 56 races, I don't really see the issue here. Again, old timers are used to how things are done and then new people come in who want to change things (for better or worse lol). Maybe it would be better to actually discuss things rather than calling posts "stupid"

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ May 15th 2020,09:57:35 )

Many have objected to this point system. Ideas were given for scoring.

The change affects many other things as well. What about that (finance, statistics, ...)

That's the biggest thing imo. Definitely would require a re-work of finances and whatever else is going on in the background. I could understand if it requires too much work which is why the change can't be made.

Quote ( Dex Vici @ May 15th 2020,07:38:32
I mean, apart from prize money, sponsor negotiation progress, keeping existing sponsors happy, grid position, fastest laps, driver development, PB finishes and competitiveness between friends/team.

And, as we all know, the key to making people fight harder for something is making it easier to get =]

Yes, I was being too dramatic by saying that. Of course there's still differences between finishing 18th and 28th. Battling a mid-table rival in the back of the race is still fun too. I was talking from the point of Championship Standings though.

Also I don't think a single Championship point should be some magical thing we'd have to fight for like an achievement. Only thing you should fight for is getting more of these points than others which would not be any easier with a new system.
David Jones-Winkley
(Groupe Amateur - 62)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #194 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:23:07 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:23:58 par David Jones-Winkley) Citer 
Quote ( Romain Lebreton @ May 15th 2020,10:55:58 )

Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ May 15th 2020,10:13:10 )

Instead of trying to change the game after 976 races, try to play it as it is for a while.

Romain are you the cock that runs around the try line when your rugby teams getting beaten.

A little advice from someone who has won a race in elite you need to have a positive balance at the end of the season to advance in this game.
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #195 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:23:27 Citer 
@Dex Vici (A63) I know:
"There are no old people, just old jokes.
Every joke is new to a newborn."

An old proposal is to change the points system. It comes to the surface again and again.
Arguments, counter-arguments clash.
Nothing is happening.

We chew this chewing gum in vain. :(

Romain Lebreton
(Groupe Rookie - 162)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #196 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:39:07 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 12:39:29 par Romain Lebreton) Citer 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ May 15th 2020,12:23:07 )

Romain are you the cock that runs around the try line when your rugby teams getting beaten.

A little advice from someone who has won a race in elite you need to have a positive balance at the end of the season to advance in this game.

David, my comment wasn't against you - at all.
But I appreciate the advice, will try to remember this for the future !
Luke Frost
(Groupe Rookie - 11)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #197 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 13:24:07 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 13:24:25 par Luke Frost) Citer 
If the points changed to new format I wouldn't mind. Same as if they stayed the same. But if they change then history also needs to change and I'll get to reset to Master - 2, where I finished 9th heaps of times and relegated ... many moons ago :D
Rastislav Padysak
(Groupe Amateur - 27)

Pays:
Slovaquie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #198 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 15:03:26 Citer 
Yeah!

Oops! The thumb down mistake fixed! ;-)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groupe Amateur - 89)

Pays:
Mexique 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #199 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 15:24:38 Citer 
Quote ( Stéphane Rombaux @ May 15th 2020,10:55:19 )

I admit that the points system used here was fit for a field of 20 or 24 cars, on GPRO we're racing with up to 40 cars, so only 20% of the field get points. I'd rather see 30%, so 12 spots rewarded with points but even with the current system, I have many reasons to be satisfied with anything from 9th to 12th^^
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ May 15th 2020,12:23:07 )

Others have mentioned this also but I took your post.

GPRO gives points to the first 8 that on a full grid would be 20% of the managers.

Back in the 1960's only the top 5 and later the top 6 would get points.

Normally races were limited to 26 cars (that would be 19.2% or 23%), kind of remember some exceptions was it Monaco that for some seasons fielded only 20 cars?, but during the same period it was common to have more than 26 cars registered to race.

I remember races with 30 cars (those.fights between Colony and Andrea Moda to prequalify).
I looked very fast but could not find the number but I seem to recall up to 34 cars registered for a race.

With 30 cars and 5 car point system, only 16.7% received points, with 6 car point system only 20%.

So no, GPRO's average is not far of what F1 used to have on a full grid.

OTOH people complain about newbies not getting points.
In Rookie we have groups with 12-15 cars racing, the current system gives points to 53-67% of the participants. It looks similar to current F1 that is 50% and thus allowed Kubica to get 1 point due to attrition.

In a nutshell, don't see a need to change.
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #200 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 15:47:04 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 15:47:49 par Tibor Szuromi) Citer 
Randomly varying scoring from race to race. That would be a modern solution. We need innovation.

Alessandro Casagrande
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #201 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 16:16:43 Citer 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 15th 2020,13:24:07 )

where I finished 9th heaps of times and relegated ... many moons ago :D

Yes, that's what I was saying. Even without changing points system, I would welcome a change that rewards consistency over a single good result for managers not scoring points or even when more managers have the same points. 1 point would always make the difference but it would be more fair, imho.
Trevor Page
(Groupe Rookie - 47)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #202 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 17:05:55 Citer 
For everyone proclaiming about finances, old points would be worth about 40% of new points, so just change the money per point to 20k from 50k and you've got it, easy.

The main difference between the old an new point systems is that 2nd place is worth a lot less, while 7th-10th are worth more. Personally I think 2nd should be pretty valuable, so don't really like the new F1 points system, but I wouldn't mind a system where points were extended beyond 8th. (12-15 seems like a potential sweet spot?)
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Pro - 20)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #203 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 18:26:50 (dernière édition (le) 15 Mai 2020, 18:33:19 par Tibor Szuromi) Citer 
@Trevor Page (R47) .... and the rest of the money? (example: team money, ...)

Groups with few managers (such as rookies).

Michael Keeney
(Groupe Pro - 24)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (7)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #204 Posté (le) 15 Mai 2020, 18:49:54 Citer 
Not gonna read any of this thread. The current point system is not fit for purpose.

Should have been changed ages ago.
József Ozsvár
(Groupe Rookie - 56)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (6)   Je n'aime pas ce post (9)
Posts anciens #205 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 08:49:11 Citer 
I did not read all of the comments below but I tried the game years ago and the point system is currently the old first 8 driver earn points system. It is okay but it would be nice if there would be more variation in point system like the first 10 get points or all drivers earn points in rookie league the first 20 given point and the last 10-15 fight for earning positions. This could be a 1-20 point system where the first earn 20 and the next one less by 1. till the latest given 1 point.

If they could add a private league system to the game with variable points, lenght of races and size of competition like 20-30-40 driver then it would be a nice experience and a little bit better. Currently the ones whom invest high money can earn points with the best possible drivers.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Groupe Amateur - 82)

Pays:
Mozambique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #206 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 09:38:08 Citer 
Another revisionist trying to rewrite history. This is 1999. A blast from the past. You can't touch the historical data. The "holy cow". Or the gold bug.
Bernardo Folhadela
(Groupe Amateur - 19)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #207 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 11:47:17 (dernière édition (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 11:49:19 par Bernardo Folhadela) Citer 
I agree, i think the point system should change.
It could be implemented a system that brings more points for the lower places. It could be created more competition for the lower places, and for the retention in the group.
But this is a thing to be study and analysis by the GPRO STAFF

Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Amateur - 4)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (4)
Posts anciens #208 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 11:51:48 Citer 
It is hard to understand? This point system is engraved in stone.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Groupe Pro - 1)

Pays:
Islande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #209 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 11:54:53 Citer 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 15th 2020,18:49:54 )

Not gonna read any of this thread. The current point system is not fit for purpose.

Should have been changed ages ago.

Completely agree.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Groupe Pro - 1)

Pays:
Islande 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (8)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #210 Posté (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 12:16:01 (dernière édition (le) 21 Novembre 2020, 12:16:43 par Atli Thor Johannesson) Citer 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ January 23rd 2020,23:35:05 )

This debate has gone on for so long now. If the points system is changed, ALL records and data, has to be totally recalculated. Just sayin' :D

I don´t think it would take a complicated script to recalculate the difference, keeping a double registrar... Real time and historical (calculated after each season) A historical register, where you could also look at the relic point calculations, the historical stats and compare the two.

F1 had 20 cars fighting for 8 point places, Gpro has 40 cars fighting for 8 point places.
Just the sheer number of participants in each race should realistically lead to more point positions, compared to real world racing, whatever the point format is.
For me, it´s time for Gpro to evolve in that respect.

But I know it wont happen though and I can also live with that. :)
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 9 10 » Saut rapide vers la page:

Répondre à ce sujet