Page [1
Auteur Sujet: More income sources 15 réponses
Mato Nikic
(Groupe Master - 5)

Pays:
Bosnie-Herzégovine 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (9)   Je n'aime pas ce post (7)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 15:43:44 Citer 
Actually we have qualy/race money and the sponsors as income.
It would be nice to add some more like tv-rights, merchendising
Of course i am not asking to gain more money, but distribute
the income to more sources.
Ammount of the Tv-rights could depend of the league as a fix value plus
a variable part in dependence how many people was watching the race.
Merchendising income could depend on commercial level, charisma of the driver....

Josh Clark
(Groupe Master - 4)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 17:22:22 (dernière édition (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 17:22:52 par Josh Clark) Citer 
Not sure i really care where finances come from personally. In my opinion if it's gonna be more or less the same amount, less things open to abuse is better.

But this is definitely a good idea, 3 forms of income does seem a little narrow. Particularly if it was deemed that any certain division is unbalanced, it would be far more straightforward to tweak income for that division if it came from more areas.
Paul Brosnan
(Groupe Amateur - 53)

Pays:
Irlande 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 17:42:56 Citer 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ October 18th 2020,15:43:44 )

Actually we have qualy/race money and the sponsors as income.
It would be nice to add some more like tv-rights, merchendising
Of course i am not asking to gain more money, but distribute
the income to more sources.
Merchendising income could depend on commercial level, charisma of the driver....

Can you imagine if someone from Rookie recommended this?
Mick Brownhill
(Groupe Rookie - 85)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 17:52:24 Citer 
Hi
I am a rookie.6 races in part season. Still learning (hard way). It would appear there are vast differences between us. So any advice you can give would be appreciated, particularly sponsors negotiating.
Brad Park
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 17:57:36 Citer 
Merchandising would be cool to introduce to the game... as well as upto date GPRO merchandise too :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Amateur - 4)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 18 Octobre 2020, 18:04:14 Citer 
The parts sales mentioned earlier also say the same.
Christopher Delehanty
(Groupe Amateur - 80)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 01:25:59 Citer 
Quote ( Mick Brownhill @ October 18th 2020,17:52:24 )

Hi
I am a rookie.6 races in part season. Still learning (hard way). It would appear there are vast differences between us. So any advice you can give would be appreciated, particularly sponsors negotiating.

Very little helpful information will be shared on the forums (for better or for worse). My suggestion is that you apply for a mentor. The mentor will help you get started with some basics and then you can try to join a team for the next level of information (which will be about as good as the team you find).
Erik Harken
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 02:40:14 Citer 
Depending on how you look at it there are 7
-race
-quali
-sponsor
-17 race bonus
-points bonus
-top 10 bonus
-cup advancements

We know some managers decided not to push, even to purposely finish bad, and sometimes even to skip races for their own reasons. The latter 3 income sources reward and incentivize managers not to do that

It would be interesting to put bigger bonuses for cup results especially as managers reach higher rounds.

Also would be interesting to have the ability to negotiate performance-based incentives with sponsors such as podiums and wins. Or even crazier, some type of wager a manager can make at beginning of season by putting up to a certain amount into a group pot to pay out for season standings.

Guido Simonetta
(Groupe Pro - 22)

Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 02:46:58 Citer 

TV rights for a disputed championship, for a fought race or for absolute dominators and the rest of the managers looking for beans?

And manager stats
Mato Nikic
(Groupe Master - 5)

Pays:
Bosnie-Herzégovine 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 05:20:22 Citer 
I am not asking to gain more money.
Most of you played some manager game before gpro, not online but also standalone games and there are so much things that could make the game more
interesting.
Like this...
Quote ( Erik Harken @ October 19th 2020,02:40:14 )

Also would be interesting to have the ability to negotiate performance-based incentives with sponsors such as podiums and wins

Johan Swanepoel
(Groupe Rookie - 12)

Pays:
Afrique du Sud 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 06:25:48 Citer 
There are some interesting contributions above. I don't have anything new to add, but, seeing as the admins follow constructive suggestions, I would like to add my support for an additional income stream. Not to make the game easier, but to give an extra dimension with more thinking and calculating added. The forum always has SOME positive ideas (and some dodo's - good for laughs).
Mark Pinnick
(Groupe Amateur - 84)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 10:51:32 (dernière édition (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 10:53:23 par Mark Pinnick) Citer 
@Mato Nikic (M5); I'm not sold on the idea, but also not against it.

One question though; given that, currently, most income in inextricably linked to results (quali and race very obviously; sponsors also can abandon if you don't get results), how would your proposed changes affect this?

If GPRO were, for example, to reduce Elite race income by $2m and quali income by $50k per race, but introduce TV rights of $35m per season, you'd get the desired effect of an extra income stream, but no material change in total income.

But what would be the point?

I would, however, support an initiative which introduced some income elements which were considered over a longer period. Race income is very much a reflection on the last 1 race; perhaps there could be another element which was paid based on the previous season's performance for example? So, after a dominant promotion, you have a secure income stream which will help you in the higher division? Maybe call this image rights?

Maybe reduce race income by 20%, and get image rights equivalent of 20% of the finishing position in the standings the season before?

Example:

Promotion from AMA, winning your division
Image Rights = $2.4m per race for the next season
Bonus for promotion increased to compensate for Image Rights being for the division below?

This wouldn't affect the amount of money you receive, but could change when you receive it.

Although, would this have the effect of tax avoidance, maybe?!
Tibor Szuromi
(Groupe Amateur - 4)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 11:19:17 Citer 
The result of the previous season should not affect the next (in finance).

The previous season is "settled" before the current season.

(By the way, where is this used in sports?)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
Mexique 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 14:22:31 Citer 
Quote ( Erik Harken @ October 19th 2020,02:40:14 )

Also would be interesting to have the ability to negotiate performance-based incentives with sponsors such as podiums and wins

Unfortunately this would only benefit the guys on top, who are also the ones that get more race money, have less trouble and advance faster with sponsors, and have much better motivation.

My thoughts is that the OP is looking for alternate ways to generate income for everybody.

The same is for the TV rights based on how many people watch the race, if your group has more Europeans then you have and advantage against a group that gas more Australians, Indians and even Americans countries that are asleep or working at race time. So in many cases it would be based on luck and unfair to certain locations.
Frederik Broux
(Groupe Pro - 25)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 15:11:37 Citer 
I think this change would influence the money balance too much. I think it would motivate people keep going up and down in divisions which should be discouraged in my opinion.
Lee Ifans
(Groupe Master - 3)

Pays:
Venezuela 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #16 Posté (le) 19 Octobre 2020, 15:30:26 Citer 
Can't see that TV rights thing working really.

Merchandise would be interesting if it was worked in well. That's a big revenue stream for racing teams. Wonder what that could look like.
Page [1

Répondre à ce sujet