Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > The GPRO weather thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 466 [467468 ... 485 486 487 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: The GPRO weather thread 14582 replies
Scott Wood
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13966 posted Jun 19th 2021, 08:24:47 Quote 
lol ken

Jay De Snoo
(Group Master - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #13967 posted Jun 19th 2021, 08:29:27 Quote 
Cool picture, Ken! Think that's what we're heading to... :S

$&^%&%*% (Some serious comment about long term planning requirement vs ridiculous random weather)
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 9)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #13968 posted Jun 19th 2021, 08:52:32 Quote 
To all that are bitching on the weather, you should really blame the Managers that hired the drivers that apparently can't coop with the wetness ... ;)
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13969 posted Jun 19th 2021, 09:00:27 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ June 19th 2021,08:52:32 )

you should really blame the Managers that hired the drivers that apparently can't coop with the wetness ... ;)

There's more to rain than drivers.....Just say'n
Juca Santos
(Group Rookie - 81)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13970 posted Jun 19th 2021, 10:01:44 Quote 
Global warming
Branislav Mihic
(Group Master - 4)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13971 posted Jun 19th 2021, 10:46:37 Quote 
Quote ( Branislav Mihic @ June 16th 2021,11:33:43 )

Ahhh....
The stress-free time during a planned relegation on Pipis :)

This still holds true
Filippo Gino
(Group Pro - 9)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #13972 posted Jun 19th 2021, 11:07:50 Quote 
and I, who have a low talent driver and contimental tires?
Xavier Porta
(Group Master - 1)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13973 posted Jun 19th 2021, 11:20:23 Quote 

Quote ( Branislav Mihic @ June 19th 2021,10:46:37 )

This still holds true

you must be happy that you chose the best season for relegation on Pipis
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #13974 posted Jun 19th 2021, 11:20:47 Quote 

Quote ( Filippo Gino @ June 19th 2021,11:07:50 )

I´d put money on you will get a hot and dry race or two, before the season end.
Peter Willmore
(Group Pro - 21)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13975 posted Jun 19th 2021, 13:19:31 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ June 19th 2021,11:20:47 )

Quote ( Filippo Gino @ June 19th 2021,11:07:50 )

I´d put money on you will get a hot and dry race or two, before the season end.

he's already had one :)

although it is currently the 2nd warmest season on record, this will dive a little after the next race though :)

Also if you pick a niche OBP tyre , there is always the chance that it will bite you in the ass
József Ozsvár
(Group Rookie - 103)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #13976 posted Jun 19th 2021, 13:21:18 Quote 
My driver talent is 219. Seems fit to the job but a youngster with low experience and concentration so this season is basically now a practice one for me.

I am now confident the next race also will be wet so 5 in row.
Xavier Porta
(Group Master - 1)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #13977 posted Jun 19th 2021, 13:26:58 Quote 
Quote ( József Ozsvár @ June 19th 2021,13:21:18 )

And how do you know this?
József Ozsvár
(Group Rookie - 103)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #13978 posted Jun 19th 2021, 13:38:38 Quote 
Quote ( Xavier Porta @ June 19th 2021,13:26:58 )

Quote And how do you know this?

I don't know just have a strong feeling about it. Chances are 50%.
Peter Willmore
(Group Pro - 21)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13979 posted Jun 19th 2021, 13:45:15 Quote 
wait for this upcoming race to be like Kylami :D
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #13980 posted Jun 19th 2021, 17:57:14 Quote 
Quote ( József Ozsvár @ June 19th 2021,13:21:18 )

HUSH!
Scott Wood
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13981 posted Jun 19th 2021, 19:08:25 Quote 
i hope its wet for the remainder of the season, i gots me a new upgrade, duck feathers.. lol

Jordy Battello
(Group Amateur - 38)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13982 posted Jun 19th 2021, 21:07:16 Quote 
iam happy with the training races of shows alot in amateur on who didnt pick a talented driver to bad overtaking is hard and last race very hard wich ruined i 35 blocksfrom a second hands driver wich i found bullshit
Ihor Rusnak
(Group Pro - 3)

Ukraine 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #13983 posted Jun 19th 2021, 22:15:46 (last edited Jun 19th 2021, 22:21:19 by Ihor Rusnak) Quote 
Playing this game, I expect to get as much realism as possible. Including the weather. In the meantime, this season looks very unbalanced.

If everyone is so upset that many players take pilots with low talent, then you need to change the impact of talent on a dry track, and not freak out with the weather

After all, in addition to talent, there are also tires and such a roulette with the weather completely destroys all plans for the season. Preparation for which could lead to a few more before that.

If this continues, unfortunately, I will leave this game.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #13984 posted Jun 19th 2021, 22:23:03 Quote 
I actually like the chaos.

Oh that was it I hope you weren't expecting a 3 paragraph essay about it.
Konstantinos Ouzounis
(Group Pro - 2)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #13985 posted Jun 19th 2021, 22:49:34 Quote 
Do we forget is a manager game?
If everything occurs by the book then best strategy would be relegate to Ama, gather 200 mil then always choose best and most expensive tyres and promote all the way to Master at least.
But in a manager game, managers who selected talented drivers should be rewarded for that somehow.
Also weather is the main factor that gives the opportunity to anyone hit some suitable races and make group table challenging, no matter if someone has chosen weaker set of tyres.
So instead of complaining for bad formatting due to weather anyone who has ambitions promoting or just developing to his division should get prepared for any circumstances may face at the game.

Chris Adnams
(Group Master - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (18)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13986 posted Jun 19th 2021, 23:34:05 Quote 
I don't know if it's just me, but I struggle to muster too much sympathy for those who complain about the weather but pick tyres with glaring weather weaknesses, such as Hancocks or Contis. You know full well that weather like this (cold and wet for Contis, hot and wet for Hancocks) will lead to terrible performance. This needs to be taken into account when picking these tyres. It is very much a risk vs reward decision. If the weather falls kindly, then great, but if it doesn't, well we can see how that's going this season for some. If this is ruining some people's plans, then they really should have picked a more balanced tyre. I should know as I've been there myself. I picked Contis in my second season in my first foray into Master. I relegated and have only just got back there now. It was my poor decision and whilst it was annoying, I owned it and accepted it for what it was. I also say this as someone who is on Dunnos this season and whilst they aren't anywhere near as bad in the wet as Hancocks and Contis, they are sub-optimal compared to Avonn, Yokos and Badyears in the rain, so please don't think I'm saying this as someone who is happy with this season's weather. I'd rather it was dry myself. ;)

Weather should definitely not imitate real life though. Everyone would pick the same tyres as everyone else every season, there would be no variety and it would be boring.
Ihor Rusnak
(Group Pro - 3)

Ukraine 
Certified: 
Old post #13987 posted Jun 19th 2021, 23:35:12 (last edited Jun 19th 2021, 23:46:53 by Ihor Rusnak) Quote 
Quote ( Konstantinos Ouzounis @ June 19th 2021,22:49:34 )

If everything occurs by the book then best strategy would be relegate to Ama, gather 200 mil then always choose best and most expensive tyres and promote all the way to Master at least.

on the contrary, just such a situation with rains, this tactic is optimal. In addition, not everyone is able to collect even 100kk in amateurs.

And to play a guessing game - in which season to take / not take rain tires is no longer about calculations, but about luck

And I'm not talking about myself now, I have already secured a place in the pro for the next season and I have a good budget. I really do not want the weather to influence the final distribution of seats in any group so much, especially where the differences are not only in the talent of the pilot, but also in the tires. This will greatly unbalance the game.

For in this case, when it rains in 30-40% of races, It will automatically affect the selection of tires - for budget savings - A, for - promotion B. Why consider other options in such weather?

Bálint Garics
(Group Rookie - 64)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #13988 posted Jun 19th 2021, 23:44:09 Quote 
I don't really mind this weather pattern because it is purely rng and you basically can do nothing about it. The only thing what you can do is choose a type of tyre above amateur levels then wish the choice was right. In rookie or amateur you basically have the same as others so your driver determine what you can do. I choosed currently a hot lady as my driver and my plan is to make her a good all arounder. Sadly she does not have the well needed talent level but my pick was entirely the symphaty toward of the driver. I do not have plan to promote and where I am I cannot relegate aswell. The bright side is this track also gives some datas and experiences so later I could use it well.
Cristian Cattaneo
(Group Pro - 4)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13989 posted Jun 20th 2021, 00:23:07 Quote 
I think that I would like a bit more realism only about the temperature related to the place where the race is...only in exceptional circumstance...
I mean that I don't like for example 45°C in Finland or Sweden or or 1°C in Mexico, Brasil or Australia...But regarding the weather change and related surprises I agree with @Konstantinos Ouzounis (P2)
Sometime we bet on a dry season and related tyres, or vice versa hoping to wet races because we have good tyres for wet weather and high talented driver..It is our free choose
A good manager should be able to face this variables

Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13990 posted Jun 20th 2021, 02:13:31 (last edited Jun 20th 2021, 02:14:22 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Cristian Cattaneo @ June 20th 2021,00:23:07 )

I think that I would like a bit more realism only about the temperature related to the place where the race is...only in exceptional circumstance...
I mean that I don't like for example 45°C in Finland or Sweden or or 1°C in Mexico, Brasil or Australia

Honestly I don't think that would even be too bad. An increased chance of certain temperatures at certain tracks. Yeah it would probably change the game quite a lot but I don't think it would be worse. Most people would be able to discern the best tyre to match the locations after a bit of data gathering or common sense and therefore take the most reliable tyre for the season. Some would be able to get a little bit more of reassurance with any OBP strategies. And some could make more left-field decisions work in their favours.

It would take a lot of the fun away from tyre decisions at the start of the seasons, but definitely below Elite there would still be multiple options, and the more mid-range tyres would still be popular in-between options.

And if you gave it a generous enough swing, a lot of tracks won't be impacted much anyway. Say Anderstorp has an epicentre of around 14 degrees with each degree hotter or colder having diminishing percent chances of ocurring... sure it would probably never have a 40C+ race, but it could still very easily have the odd race which could be more favourable to Conti than Hancock, for instance, or Yoko vs Avonn. Couple it with more frequent tyre stat changes and it could turn out pretty interesting. It would certainly reduce frustration and benefit planning more.

No idea whether the game needs this or not, but I don't really think there's a downside.
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13991 posted Jun 20th 2021, 03:27:42 Quote 
This is funny as hell.

Those complaining about those complaining are actually doing more complaining than those complaining.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Amateur - 20)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13992 posted Jun 20th 2021, 04:05:18 Quote 
Complaining about those complaining about complainers?
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13993 posted Jun 20th 2021, 04:12:51 Quote 
I'm not complaining, just pointing out how the complainers aren't complaining as much as the complainers ;) It's complicated I know.
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 40)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #13994 posted Jun 20th 2021, 07:13:02 Quote 
In RL, Rain is battering us (I got wet yesterday with a rain suit on) ... I thought GPRO will be different :D

and here GPRO is battering with rain
Ihor Rusnak
(Group Pro - 3)

Ukraine 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #13995 posted Jun 20th 2021, 11:20:05 Quote 
Let's also have some analytics. Pilot speed in the rain is almost entirely dependent on talent. In many ways, more than from tires (This is easy to check, since the pilots on the conti feel good even in the rain).

Talent, in contrast to stamina (which plays a decisive role on a dry track), cannot be trained, and this is a serious imbalance. Since I can train a pilot with a low stamina, but a priori I lose if I didn't manage to sign a talented pilot.

Therefore, if such weather is just an anomaly, there are no questions, but if this is an innovation on an ongoing basis, I think it threatens the game more than it seems at first glance.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 466 [467468 ... 485 486 487 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > The GPRO weather thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic