Page « 1 2 3 ... 19 [2021 ... 26 27 28 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: New GPRO Cup System 810 replies
William Ofosuhene
(Group Rookie - 10)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #571 posted Aug 26th 2009, 14:23:12 Quote 
this is perfect. thank you Vladimir
Richard Ehrlich
(Group Pro - 9)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #572 posted Aug 26th 2009, 14:25:44 Quote 
Why dont you wait a little and see what happens?
Why is everything that is new in the game is bashed before you have any experience?

This is a game.... So give the admins a chance and wait how the new cup will work. The new cup system is a very good chance for everyone to make some extra money.
Stefan Voggenreither
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #573 posted Aug 26th 2009, 14:27:14 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ August 26th 2009,14:03:38 )

There is only one way to do this and have it be done right. Either be completely random and have random seeds or do it right like they do with the tennis tournaments and have the seeds lined up so that it ends up being 1v 32, 2v 31, and so on... Its a privledge to be at the top. We should be culling out the weaker drivers in the bracket as fast as possible.

Quote ( Wikipedia @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-elimination_tournament )

Opponents may be allocated randomly (such as in the FA Cup); however, since the "luck of the draw" may result in the highest-rated competitors being scheduled to face each other early in the competition, seeding is often used to prevent this. Brackets are set up so that the top two seeds could not possibly meet until the final round (should both advance that far), none of the top four can meet prior to the semifinals, and so on.

One version of seeding is where brackets are set up so that the quarterfinal pairings (barring any upsets) would be the 1 seed vs. the 8 seed, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5; however, this is not the procedure that is followed in most tennis tournaments, where the 1 and 2 seeds are placed in separate brackets, but then the 3 and 4 seeds are assigned to their brackets randomly, and so too are seeds 5 through 8, and so on. This may result in some brackets consisting of stronger players than other brackets, and since only the top 32 players are seeded at all in Tennis Grand Slam tournaments, it is conceivable that the 33rd-best player in a 128-player field could end up playing the top seed in the first round. While this may seem unfair to a casual observer, it should be pointed out that rankings of tennis players are generated by computers, and players tend to change ranking positions very gradually, so that a more equitable method of determining the pairings might result in many of the same head-to-head matchups being repeated over and over again in successive tournaments.

In our case, we have only 32 instead of 128 'players', therefore we seed only the first 8 and abstain from brackets.
Andreas Sandström
(Group Amateur - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #574 posted Aug 26th 2009, 15:26:22 Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ August 26th 2009,14:27:14 )

we have only 32 instead of 128 'players'

Ofcorse ... 1/4th... no more no less ... those finishing top 8 deserves to be seeded... those who didnt ... gl next time
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Amateur - 17)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #575 posted Aug 26th 2009, 16:10:13 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ August 26th 2009,14:03:38 )

There is only one way to do this and have it be done right. Either be completely random and have random seeds or do it right like they do with the tennis tournaments and have the seeds lined up so that it ends up being 1v 32, 2v 31, and so on... Its a privledge to be at the top. We should be culling out the weaker drivers in the bracket as fast as possible.

Now you are completly out in the blue, it's only in the grand slams they use 32 seeds, all othe tournaments have 16 or less seeds.

Still let's say there are the top 128 seeded from the world rank in a grand slam, #1 can still face #33 in the first round and #32 can place against #128.

The system is good as it is, the top 8 are seeded in gpro and won't face each other until the final 8. It's exactly the same as in tennis.
Paul Gardiner
(Group Amateur - 23)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #576 posted Aug 26th 2009, 16:16:54 Quote 
I can't resist pointing out that in Grand Slams the 3rd and 4th seed are randomly assigned to either half of the bracket. Not to mention seeds 5 - 8 randomly assigned to each quarter of the bracket.

I thought the complaints were slowing down so they needed more material to tell us how the current system is wrong...
Frank Rizzo
(Group Amateur - 59)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #577 posted Aug 27th 2009, 05:37:48 Quote 
Simply put I should be smashing some donkey that is seeded and has no chance at beating me in the first round since they are a random backmarker. Instead either the #2 or the #9 seed in my particular group will be shown the door, IN THE FIRST ROUND. Now this will not be because of some fluke (Unless of course I get screwed with more randoms and I full well expect it to happen) but because of some complete farce of a seeding system.

The way I see it is this. Everyone who scores points should be seeded (If its only 8 drivers or up to 16 who cares). This way they are likely to smash some donkey and as far as I care they have earned that right to do so. There will be at least a third of the bracket that will be randomly assigned past those who have scored points. So there will be ample chance for some random to get a win against some other poor random.

On the flip side if I sucked this season and were seeded low (if I even make the field of 32 at all) I would expect to get apesmashed by a higher seed and not have some luck of the draw pair me against someone equally incompetent to suckout a first round win.

The best part is that whoever wins this #2v #9 battle in my group will get to smash some random thats in the 20s in the next round who will have sucked out against someone equally as bad as they are. So I guess at least the matches are pretty even. Thats about the only positive thing I have to say about this farce of a system.
Phill Anderson
(Group Amateur - 62)

Cambodia 
Certified: 
Old post #578 posted Aug 27th 2009, 06:25:15 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ August 27th 2009,05:37:48 )

Simply put I should be smashing some donkey that is seeded and has no chance at beating me in the first round since they are a random backmarker. Instead either the #2 or the #9 seed in my particular group will be shown the door, IN THE FIRST ROUND.

The #9 seed?? I thought there were only 8 seeds. #9 is not a seed and is one of the random backmarkers you mention, the fact that you have been drawn to race the best of the unseeded backmarkers is just bad luck.

Everyone who scores points should not be seeded, that would lead to a ridiculous system. This one is very simple and entirely appropriate to the situation. 32 contestants, the top 8 get seeded. The rest should be randomly assigned around those 8 in the draw.

simple, effective, and fair
Chinmay Dhopate
(Group Pro - 14)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #579 posted Aug 27th 2009, 09:14:12 Quote 
Rizzo: Donkeys do not play GPRO. Have some respect for your fellow managers.
Koen De Heldt
(Group Amateur - 44)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #580 posted Aug 27th 2009, 09:51:15 Quote 
just adding this.....

nice thing this cup.
I don't care about the seeds and so on...life ain't fair and looks like a good thing how the draw is made (even if I do face nr1 in my second round, should I get through)

it is just a great addition in the game!
nice work crew
Michael Whitley
(Group Master - 3)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #581 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:22:11 Quote 
I'm not sure if it was answered in this topic, but I assume there isn't any prize money for qualifying for the cup?

Otherwise it would've be paid this past race?
Jack Wemyss
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #582 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:24:42 Quote 
Check your economy history? I got some.
Michael Whitley
(Group Master - 3)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #583 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:27:02 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ August 27th 2009,10:24:42 )

Check your economy history? I got some.

Hmm so it is.

Then my new suggestion is to have it as a part of the race analysis, that way it's easier to see. :)
Bruno Grønbæk Kristensen
(Group Amateur - 21)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Old post #584 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:34:24 Quote 
I concur, Michael.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Group Pro - 14)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #585 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:37:36 Quote 
It would be much better if this money is given at the end of the season (along with the points and team money) :p
Daniel Ingall
(Group Amateur - 4)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #586 posted Aug 27th 2009, 10:41:15 Quote 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ August 27th 2009,10:37:36 )

It would be much better if this money is given at the end of the season (along with the points and team money) :p
I disagree!
Andreas Sandström
(Group Amateur - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #587 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:34:40 Quote 
poor rookies then :) then the cup is only worth something for those who qualify for amateur
Thomas Lindgren
(Group Master - 1)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #588 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:49:05 Quote 
Quote ( Andreas Sandström @ August 27th 2009,13:34:40 )

poor rookies then :) then the cup is only worth something for those who qualify for amateur

Doesn't matter if the money would be payed out at the end of the season. The rookies that doesn't promote don't get them anyways since their accounts are reseted.
Rui Duarte
(Group Rookie - 131)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #589 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:55:37 Quote 
Still think that the cup order should only be sorted after the 3rd or 4th race.
Andreas Sandström
(Group Amateur - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #590 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:56:08 (last edited Aug 27th 2009, 13:57:39 by Andreas Sandström) Quote 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ August 27th 2009,13:49:05 )

Doesn't matter if the money would be payed out at the end of the season. The rookies that doesn't promote don't get them anyways since their accounts are reseted.

yes, but if they get money after race 2,5,8,11 they can use them to train their driver or something ... if all the money from the competition would be handed out after season ... they wouldnt get anything out of it :)

Quote ( Rui Duarte @ August 27th 2009,13:55:37 )

So, 2 races isnt enough for qualify for the cup?
Sam Vindin
(Group Amateur - 49)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #591 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:58:42 Quote 

2 Races is Plenty. The Cup starts this race anyway..
Thomas Lindgren
(Group Master - 1)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #592 posted Aug 27th 2009, 13:59:02 Quote 

Then there's not enough races to do the cup.
Rui Duarte
(Group Rookie - 131)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #593 posted Aug 27th 2009, 14:03:13 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Vindin @ August 27th 2009,13:58:42 )

2 Races is Plenty. The Cup starts this race anyway.

But it's very early in the season, which means (for rookie):

1. A manager might have problems to sign a driver (overbid or refusal);
2. There are managers who buy a level 2 car right away and can't keep their economies for the entire season;
3. You might be unlucky in the first or second races.

All of this will translate into bad seeds, and the managers who'll promote in the end will have to face each other half way through.

But I'm only talking about rookie groups.
Sam Vindin
(Group Amateur - 49)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #594 posted Aug 27th 2009, 14:17:52 (last edited Aug 27th 2009, 14:18:35 by Sam Vindin) Quote 
Quote ( Rui Duarte @ August 27th 2009,14:03:13 )

But it's very early in the season, which means (for rookie):

1. A manager might have problems to sign a driver (overbid or refusal);
2. There are managers who buy a level 2 car right away and can't keep their economies for the entire season;
3. You might be unlucky in the first or second races.

All of this will translate into bad seeds, and the managers who'll promote in the end will have to face each other half way through.

But I'm only talking about rookie groups.

Your #3 applies to any group and that is all part of the game.

#2 Is the same. People that buy a high car level straight away and go in debt might advance one of two stages in the cup if they can keep there finance sound, eventually crashing out of the cup if they go into negative and can't dig themselves out.

And #1. There are 2 Opportunities Before race one to sign a driver.. You could easily get a decent driver in race one and you wouldn't have to bid a crazily high amount of cash like some people do.
Rui Duarte
(Group Rookie - 131)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #595 posted Aug 27th 2009, 14:40:53 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Vindin @ August 27th 2009,14:17:52 )

#3 applies to any group and that is all part of the game.

Agree

#1. There are 2 Opportunities Before race one to sign a driver.. You could easily get a decent driver in race one and you wouldn't have to bid a crazily high amount of cash like some people do.

That is why I used the word 'might'. It happens a lot of times.

#2 Is the same. People that buy a high car level straight away and go in debt might advance one of two stages in the cup if they can keep there finance sound, eventually crashing out of the cup if they go into negative and can't dig themselves out.

But when these bad managers do crash out, some great managers have beaten good ones.
Thomas Lindgren
(Group Master - 1)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #596 posted Aug 27th 2009, 14:44:00 Quote 
Quote ( Rui Duarte @ August 27th 2009,14:40:53 )

But when these bad managers do crash out, some great managers have beaten good ones.

And that is bad because?
Rui Duarte
(Group Rookie - 131)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #597 posted Aug 27th 2009, 15:12:01 Quote 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ August 27th 2009,14:44:00 )

And that is bad because?

The best managers have to meet in the quarter-finals or before...
Shiraj Sengupta
(Group Rookie - 246)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #598 posted Aug 27th 2009, 15:12:48 Quote 
why are we talking about grand slams...neither is this tennis,nor is this a simulative game of tennis.A new feature has been added to this game.Period.

About people saying that those who upgrade their car at an early stage are at an advantage here,it is all about your priority.If you are more intent on the cup standing rather than the usual competition,you'll go for early upgradation.Nobody should be cribbing about this as each & everyone has the option to upgrade your car at an early stage.It is all fair.This will just add more spice to the game.

& i agree with the notion of getting the payments right after the rounds rather than the end of the season.That way every player would have the incentive to try & finish as high as possible.Besides that,the financial aid would be welcome for all so as to prepare themselves for the next round of the cup.

Michael Monaco
(Group Master - 1)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #599 posted Aug 27th 2009, 15:25:03 Quote 
Quote ( Rui Duarte @ August 27th 2009,14:03:13 )

Bad seeds translates into upsets and an exciting cup to watch!!!
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Amateur - 17)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #600 posted Aug 27th 2009, 15:27:11 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ August 27th 2009,05:37:48 )

Simply put I should be smashing some donkey that is seeded and has no chance at beating me in the first round since they are a random backmarker. Instead either the #2 or the #9 seed in my particular group will be shown the door, IN THE FIRST ROUND. Now this will not be because of some fluke (Unless of course I get screwed with more randoms and I full well expect it to happen) but because of some complete farce of a seeding system.

The way I see it is this. Everyone who scores points should be seeded (If its only 8 drivers or up to 16 who cares). This way they are likely to smash some donkey and as far as I care they have earned that right to do so. There will be at least a third of the bracket that will be randomly assigned past those who have scored points. So there will be ample chance for some random to get a win against some other poor random.

On the flip side if I sucked this season and were seeded low (if I even make the field of 32 at all) I would expect to get apesmashed by a higher seed and not have some luck of the draw pair me against someone equally incompetent to suckout a first round win.

The best part is that whoever wins this #2v #9 battle in my group will get to smash some random thats in the 20s in the next round who will have sucked out against someone equally as bad as they are. So I guess at least the matches are pretty even. Thats about the only positive thing I have to say about this farce of a system.

Yesterday you demanded it to be like in tennis, when we proved it's exactly as it is in tennis you want to change it to something else... Can you tell us what it is you want instead of changeing mind all the time?

The system is very good as it is, it sucks being ranked (not seeded) just outside the seeds and ahve to face one of the top 8 but that's life, exactly as it is in Tennis, the same way you wanted it.

Page « 1 2 3 ... 19 [2021 ... 26 27 28 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic