Page « 1 2 3 ... 26 [2728 29 30 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: iRacing.com 872 replies
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 20)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #781 posted Mar 22nd 2020, 02:00:07 Quote 
Noobs!

welcome.. Iracing had a hand in pulling me away from Gpro.
David Rolleston1
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #782 posted Apr 10th 2020, 18:37:50 Quote 
Nearly 6 years since my last race and over 9 since I actually practiced and played regularly. Just renewed for a month and downloading some serious amount of GB in updates.

my dinasour of a PC might cope at the lowest settings. This lockdown might allow me to run some races in the coming weeks.

Back in the day I liked running Skip Barber, Lotus 79 and Williams F1 - open wheelers at classic road racing circuits.

I am not quick, but happy to see I still have an A road licence.
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #783 posted Apr 10th 2020, 19:54:39 Quote 
Thats great David, I envy you as I cannot race, as Im locked down far away from office (where I have the sim rig)

David Rolleston1
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #784 posted Apr 10th 2020, 21:56:28 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ April 10th 2020,19:54:39 )

Thats great David, I envy you as I cannot race, as Im locked down far away from office (where I have the sim rig)

thats a shame, I hate to think how little work I’d get done if I had a rig in the office!
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 48)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #785 posted Apr 10th 2020, 21:59:06 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ April 10th 2020,19:54:39 )

Where do you work that has a sim rig? Is it a professional setup running vehicle dynamics software like simpack? Just wondering, we have a rig in our office!
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #786 posted Apr 11th 2020, 19:33:35 (last edited Apr 11th 2020, 19:39:02 by Ignacio Belatti) Quote 
In late 2018 I associated with a sim rig and hardware manufacturer. It just made sense to join my engineering expertise to his excellent products. I helped to develop and test a premium line of products (hidraulic brakes, direct drive servomotors, motion with VR and made to order software). So we transformed a part of his factory showroom in a drivers training center, a service for Pro & amateurs, real & virtual, that uses the flagship simrig with the assistance of a track engineer /driver coach using telemetry and radio comm to the driver.

Of course, the side effect is that when there is time in between customers, I can do some racing. I try to do a bit of all series to be used to the different driving styles and setups for FWD - RWD - Oval and dirt. So naturally I cannot train a lot and be fast in all of them... but I have a lot of fun.

Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #787 posted May 14th 2020, 22:45:14 Quote 
Thought I'd have a look at this for some fun, but woefully short on RAM apparently. :(
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 3)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #788 posted Jul 29th 2020, 18:16:24 Quote 
Finally have a Mac that will run iRacing and signed up.

Started off with the MX-5 at Laguna Seca and couldn't string a complete lap together. Turns out Laguna Seca is really hard. I only loaded that up first because I knew the track from the Gran Turismo games.

But also couldn't get the MX-5 around Lime Rock either. Was close to quitting then tried the SCCA Spec Ford and now loving it. That car suits my wring the car's neck driving style because it doesn't spin at the exit of every corner like the MX-5 does.

It's sort of confusing how I actually get into a race though?
Tom Parker
(Group Rookie - 75)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #789 posted Jul 29th 2020, 18:33:02 Quote 
Select the series you want to race in at the top, then click on the green Race button. There a list of sessions will come up which when the time comes around, you can join (the time will turn red when you can sign up)

When the time comes to race, the browser will give you the option to join the session. Before the time comes, you can join a practice session to get some practice in before the official one. When in your practice session, assuming you've signed up, itll let you know when you can join.

RE MX-5, iirc it's on the new tyre model so it does take a couple of laps for the tyres to come in and the car stops being such a tail happy thing. Once outta rookie the cars become a tad more predictable I've found anyway :D
Thomas Craney
(Group Rookie - 36)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #790 posted Dec 17th 2020, 18:04:33 Quote 
Ive ordered all new rig, wheel,base and pedals.
Cant race as my current PC is a dinosaur.I will wait till the RTX3080 becomes more available as I want to run triples, probably be post Christmas now. Ugh!
Frank Stocco
(Group Rookie - 147)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #791 posted Dec 17th 2020, 19:00:24 Quote 
Hey guys I want to join this race league but DJ t know where to start. Any help would be appreciated !
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Elite)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #792 posted Feb 14th 2021, 13:39:48 Quote 
I have had a couple of races with @Mehdi El Fathy (M2) who is super quick in the Audi RS3.
The RL racing season has begun now here in Argentina, so I'll spend less time online, but always great to find GPRO people in iRacing.

Tom Parker
(Group Rookie - 132)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #793 posted Feb 14th 2021, 13:44:50 Quote 
A huge shout out to @Teemu Toikka (A46) who won the top split of the iRacing Daytona 500 yesterday!

Not bad for someone who started out simracing here with us lot! To go and win an event of that prestige is quite something so incredible job!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #794 posted Feb 14th 2021, 13:52:36 Quote 
Nice one Teemu! :)
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #795 posted Feb 14th 2021, 13:57:34 Quote 
A most impressive performance considering it was surely done in a caravan... :o
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 13)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #796 posted Feb 14th 2021, 16:36:53 Quote 
Nice one Teemu.

Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Master - 2)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #797 posted Feb 15th 2021, 03:03:44 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ February 14th 2021,13:39:48 )

I have had a couple of races with @Mehdi El Fathy (M2) who is super quick in the Audi RS3.
The RL racing season has begun now here in Argentina, so I'll spend less time online, but always great to find GPRO people in iRacing.

Hey Ignacio thanks for the mention! I got to say the statement about me being fast at Lime Rock instead of the Audi RS3 would be more faire, this is where I ran most of my races in my iRacing career, and I am slower on most other tracks if I don't pull dozens of practice hours into that, which happens very rarely every year.
Been a pleasure to race with you there, Lime Rock Park is always an interesting track especially with the Classic layout :D

Quote ( Tom Parker @ February 14th 2021,13:44:50 )

A huge shout out to @Teemu Toikka (A46) who won the top split of the iRacing Daytona 500 yesterday!

Not bad for someone who started out simracing here with us lot! To go and win an event of that prestige is quite something so incredible job!

OP Finnish Lad
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Elite)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #798 posted Feb 18th 2021, 13:32:10 Quote 

Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ February 15th 2021,03:03:44 )

Hey Ignacio thanks for the mention! I got to say the statement about me being fast at Lime Rock instead of the Audi RS3 would be more faire, this is where I ran most of my races in my iRacing career, and I am slower on most other tracks if I don't pull dozens of practice hours into that, which happens very rarely every year.
Been a pleasure to race with you there, Lime Rock Park is always an interesting track especially with the Classic layout :D

Well, I like longer tracks, like Bathurst or the Ring XD

My approach is to take this as a fun hobby, so in the small time I can dedicate to it I hardly do practice and just race. Race everywhere: rally cross, ovals, touring, GT or formulas.
That makes my iRating look bad, but its always a fun challenge to learn a track in the race itself, make no mistakes and when you do good its highly rewarding. Like yesterday, where I had a Radical P5 0x race in Bathurst.

BTW, RS3 races have become crap, with everybody punting you or pulling the stupid late braking just to turn slowly and force you choose between dodging the X or loosing the train.
Kim Van Der Stichelen
(Group Amateur - 72)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #799 posted Feb 18th 2021, 14:13:14 Quote 
I did Iracing for about 8 years I think.
Then I got kids. So no more time and money unfortunately.
I had all the newest fanatec gear at the time, but they are dinosaurs now and starting to show it.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Master - 2)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #800 posted Feb 18th 2021, 17:47:51 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ February 18th 2021,13:32:10 )

BTW, RS3 races have become crap, with everybody punting you or pulling the stupid late braking just to turn slowly and force you choose between dodging the X or loosing the train.

Not surprising considering how strong the RS3 is when it comes to contacts. The Lime Rock races were awful when it came to battling..

Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ February 18th 2021,13:32:10 )

That makes my iRating look bad

There's no way for me to run a race without being prepared and lose my iRating, I wish smurf accounts wouldn't be that expensive so I can do races without having to care about my rating :P

Lee Ifans
(Group Elite)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #801 posted Feb 18th 2021, 19:10:48 Quote 
I gave up on iRacing, as the blame system in the races is so, so bad. People will just barge you off the road and you get the penalty points.

Gone over to Assetto Corsa and it's far better in every respect.
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #802 posted Feb 18th 2021, 19:27:21 Quote 
Good to see you are still about Lee :-)

I'm intrigued about the flag change!
Lee Ifans
(Group Elite)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #803 posted Feb 18th 2021, 19:32:05 Quote 
Changed it when I married into a Venezuelan family!
Tom Parker
(Group Rookie - 132)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #804 posted Feb 18th 2021, 19:44:57 (last edited Feb 18th 2021, 19:45:16 by Tom Parker) Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ February 18th 2021,19:10:48 )

I gave up on iRacing, as the blame system in the races is so, so bad. People will just barge you off the road and you get the penalty points.

Gone over to Assetto Corsa and it's far better in every respect.

Yeah it's one of the big reasons I can never stay on it for more than a few weeks at a time.

I have a few people I do the odd special event with but that's about as far as it goes nowadays.
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Elite)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #805 posted Feb 18th 2021, 20:10:18 Quote 
It would be nice if iRacing penalty system could change a bit. Its not that hard: for example if your oponents front bumper is behind your cars centerline when he hits you, the front car could take half the Xs.

Yesterday in Laguna Seca I exploded after not one, but twice a moron with no control hit me in T1. After a ruined race I said WTF lets get some vengance and destroyed their cars. Im like a child sometimes.
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #806 posted Feb 18th 2021, 20:42:58 (last edited Feb 18th 2021, 20:43:52 by Keri Lovell) Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ February 18th 2021,19:32:05 )

Changed it when I married into a Venezuelan family!

Oh wow! Congrats!

I married an English lady, no way I'm changing mine, haha
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Master - 2)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #807 posted Feb 19th 2021, 19:06:53 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ February 18th 2021,20:10:18 )

It would be nice if iRacing penalty system could change a bit. Its not that hard: for example if your oponents front bumper is behind your cars centerline when he hits you, the front car could take half the Xs.

Difficult to always give a straightforward decision for the game, depending of the incident it can sometimes lead to a different decision for some stewards in league races.

League races tend to be a lot cleaner and are more competitive for sure. It's such a different world compared to official races, and events like the NEO/SCO leagues always have some of the most competitive drivers on iRacing, with crazy SOF numbers and tend to be cleaner than other similar endurance races in the official series.
I got to emphasize "tend" however, at times there can be a fair amount of incidents to be honest
Jay Caulls
(Group Rookie - 144)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #808 posted Oct 6th 2021, 19:26:39 Quote 
iRacers.....

Where you at?
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 1)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #809 posted Oct 7th 2021, 14:15:00 (last edited Oct 7th 2021, 14:17:11 by Mehdi El Fathy) Quote 
Here ;)

Been a while since I last did some laps, I'm more about the behind-the-scenes stuff these days, hope to have time to drive again soon
David Rolleston1
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #810 posted Nov 12th 2021, 18:25:59 (last edited Nov 12th 2021, 18:26:54 by David Rolleston) Quote 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ April 10th 2020,18:37:50 )

my dinasour of a PC might cope at the lowest settings

Well I have finally bit the bullet and bought a new PC - the last one wouldn't even run iracing anymore and RaceRoom on the very lowest settings. LFS still worked though!

So new PC arrived yesterday, picked up a nice 34" curved monitor and have installed:
- Assetto Corsa
- LFS
- RaceRoom
- iRacing

Had a very quick blast on RaceRoom last night - graphics and speed now insane, I can see myself spending too much time banging and crashing around in the above.

Used the Black Friday offer to grab 12 months with iRacing and just worked out there are 12, maybe 14 official series across R-A that I can race in with the cars I have.

Can someone remind me, for multi car events, providing I own a car to drive in, I don't need to buy all the other cars to be able to race in that event?

Mehdi I have pinged you a friends request, Jay, couldn't find you
Page « 1 2 3 ... 26 [2728 29 30 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic