Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Mike Belanger
(Group Rookie - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:33:49 Quote 
Watched the WWE back in the late 80's early 90's.

I can honestly say I miss the way it was. I watch WAY more old school WWE than anything new.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Mar 11th 2010, 07:54:57 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 07:59:06 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Mike Belanger @ March 11th 2010,07:33:49 )

I can honestly say I miss the way it was. I watch WAY more old school WWE than anything new.

As they say, Old School rules! I miss those days. :(

Quote ( Darian Vincent @ March 11th 2010,07:05:24 )

and a bunch of old WWE Wrestlers

So what if they were former WWE superstars, if they can still perform, it doesn't matter. I like the fact that TNA are taking some of these guys, let's remember, Christian had no chance of being a top player in WWE, went to TNA, and looked what happen. Plus, TNA has a much more easier schedule than WWE, that's one reason why some of these guys joined TNA.

I find it funny that some people say that TNA sucks because they have the older wrestlers, these guys are one of the reasons why I watch TNA in the first place!
Greg Swaney
(Group Pro - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:01:33 Quote 
Sammartino, Zybysko, the Poffo's, the Funk's...Now that was when wrestling was good.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:05:58 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 11th 2010,07:54:57 )

So what if they were former WWE superstars
i Killed myself Laughing watching Flair and Hogan in the ring the Maneuvers were insanely fake even by pro wrestling Standards
Quote ( Greg Swaney @ March 11th 2010,08:01:33 )

the Funk's
MY EYE MY EYE!
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:06:50 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 08:11:06 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
I didn't get to see that era, the one I enjoyed the most was the 90's era (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Steve Austin)! :)

Quote ( Darian Vincent @ March 11th 2010,08:05:58 )

i Killed myself Laughing watching Flair and Hogan in the ring the Maneuvers were insanely fake even by pro wrestling Standards

When I said former WWE superstars, I didn't just say two guys, especially those two! Plus, they're both "retired", and do you really expect them to have a great match? Insanely fake, they're 60+ for goodness sake, what did you expect? You obviously don't know what they were in the match, do you?
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:09:49 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 08:14:53 by Darian Vincent) Quote 
i didnt really start watching until the Eddie Guerrero Chris Jericho Chris Benoit Hardy Boys Edge Christian era

Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 11th 2010,08:06:50 )

When I said former WWE superstars, I didn't just say two guys, especially those two! Plus, they're both "retired", and do you really expect them to have a great match?
Kurt Angle Team 3D Jeff Hardy and Maybe RVD are still good wrestlers who were worth the money but the work load is drastically decreased so i guess its fair trade
Greg Swaney
(Group Pro - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:11:04 (last edited Mar 11th 2010, 08:11:46 by Greg Swaney) Quote 
Quote ( Darian Vincent @ March 11th 2010,08:09:49 )

Hary Boys

What !!! :oP

So you went and fixed it. It was better the first time. :o)
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:15:27 Quote 
Quote ( Darian Vincent @ March 11th 2010,08:09:49 )

Kurt Angle TEam 3D Jeff Hrady and Maybe RVD are still good wrestlers who were worth the money but the work load is drastically decreased so i guess its fair trade

What do you mean by their work load "drastically" decreased? Those guys are still doing as good as they were in WWE.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 9)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Mar 11th 2010, 08:37:39 Quote 
I watched 1 match of it, a tables match with some crappy team vs. 3D, that brang back some memories of the old Dudley Boys days.

I hate TNA though, they're a bunch of clown's and have a cult following like WCW did, big mistake in making it a 'YES we're going to beat them, now follow my lead.....NOW' style brand, that's why I'm not watching it, maybe I'll watch a match with Angle or RVD in it though.
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Mar 12th 2010, 03:09:32 Quote 
TNA replay is on Spike Tv NOW.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:19:47 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 11th 2010,08:15:27 )

What do you mean by their work load "drastically" decreased? Those guys are still doing as good as they were in WWE.
300 nights a year in WWE thats gets a huge cut in TNA
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:22:58 Quote 
Quote ( Darian Vincent @ March 12th 2010,04:19:47 )

300 nights a year in WWE thats gets a huge cut in TNA

These guys have lives too you know, some prefer to spend more time with their family, that's why they went to TNA. That doesn't mean they don't work as hard as the WWE guys, those guys just travel more. The work load is still about the same.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:24:47 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 12th 2010,04:22:58 )

These guys have lives too you know, some prefer to spend more time with their family, that's why they went to TNA. That doesn't mean they don't work as hard as the WWE guys, those guys just travel more. The work load is still about the same.
i do believe the WWE guys travel more i think Kurt Angle said that ina Shoot Interview so they take a Paycut to go to TNA and have more time off
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:28:24 Quote 
That's what I just said.....

As for the paycut, that's quite obvious, as TNA still isn't as big as WWE, but one wrestler did say TNA offered him more than WWE.

As for Kurt Angle, he left, because WWE didn't have any good use for him. I mean, if you were put into ECW, for sure you would leave for something better. That's what Kurt did. Paycut or not, I don't think he cares.
Frank Rizzo
(Group Amateur - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:31:10 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 12th 2010,04:22:58 )

The work load is still about the same.

That is completely false. The WWE workload involves around 5 shows a week that would involve any one particular wrestler. TNA I believe has one weekly televised show, maybe a few local shows (I am not sure of this), and a monthly ppv.

I know Kurt Angle made it very clear that he went to TNA because of the significantly reduced workload involved there. Just look at how many WWE shows (televised or otherwise) there are in a month and then compare that to the number of TNA shows. There should be a large margin there.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:36:41 (last edited Mar 12th 2010, 04:43:44 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ March 12th 2010,04:31:10 )

That is completely false. The WWE workload involves around 5 shows a week that would involve any one particular wrestler. TNA I believe has one weekly televised show, maybe a few local shows (I am not sure of this), and a monthly ppv.

I forgot about the fact some of these guys show up on Raw and SmackDown on the same week! I got myself confused there talking about "workload", thought he was talking about something else! My bad! :(

Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ March 12th 2010,04:31:10 )

I know Kurt Angle made it very clear that he went to TNA because of the significantly reduced workload involved there. Just look at how many WWE shows (televised or otherwise) there are in a month and then compare that to the number of TNA shows. There should be a large margin there.

Yup, that seems to be the reason why all these guys are in TNA.

I keep hearing that they usually would do two shows in one night, never really knew if that was right or not, if it is, then yeah, I got it wrong about what I said.
Greg Swaney
(Group Pro - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Mar 12th 2010, 04:43:51 Quote 
The local Girl Scout troop could throw better punches and forearms than the US Army did. Even for wrestling entertainment, that was pathetic.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 9)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Mar 12th 2010, 06:03:42 Quote 
The fans still chant 'Y2J even after he does his whole heel routine, goes to show how McMahon can choose his face & heels, huh? Jericho should be a face, he's an awesome face, opposite for people like HHH and Edge, they are awesome heels.

I liked how NXT is run, I don't know who's going to get in, can only one get in, or can all, just depends on votes?
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Mar 12th 2010, 06:06:44 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 12th 2010,06:03:42 )

I liked how NXT is run, I don't know who's going to get in, can only one get in, or can all, just depends on votes?

Eight Rookies. One Contract. And a whole lotta arguing going on. Pros can't vote for/against their rookie.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Mar 12th 2010, 06:12:40 Quote 
i think Brian Danielson will win AKA Daniel Bryan
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Mar 12th 2010, 07:49:01 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 12th 2010,06:03:42 )

The fans still chant 'Y2J even after he does his whole heel routine, goes to show how McMahon can choose his face & heels, huh? Jericho should be a face, he's an awesome face, opposite for people like HHH and Edge, they are awesome heels.

They know him as Y2J, and that's to irritate him so why not?

Edge is good face or heel, he's one of the better guys out there. As for Triple H, he's better off in the backstage, so I don't have to see him ever again.
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Mar 12th 2010, 08:12:47 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 12th 2010,07:49:01 )

As for Triple H, he's better off in the backstage, so I don't have to see him ever again.

He don't look that bad.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Mar 12th 2010, 08:18:08 (last edited Mar 12th 2010, 08:18:18 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
The fact that he's a 13 time champion, that just isn't right. He's nothing compared to some of the real legends of wrestling, and he has more reigns than them? Let's not forget who his wife is....
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 56)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Mar 12th 2010, 08:20:26 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 12th 2010,08:18:08 )

his wife is....

Some broad who can't take a comment without twisting it...
Bikramjeet Mann
(Group Rookie - 57)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Mar 12th 2010, 14:14:25 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ March 11th 2010,04:47:07 )

Cena may be the only person other than the Undertaker that can defeat the Undertaker. Self-Defeat is the worst defeat of all under any circumstance. If you go in there with a losing attitude, chances are you're gonna lose.

Yeah but I wanted Jeff Hardy to beat undertaker at wrestlemania not cena, to bad he's in TNA now.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Amateur - 23)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Mar 12th 2010, 14:34:43 Quote 
Quote ( Bikramjeet Mann @ March 12th 2010,14:14:25 )

Yeah but I wanted Jeff Hardy to beat undertaker at wrestlemania not cena, to bad he's in TNA now.

Jeff couldn't even beat Matt at Wrestlemania last year, and you expect him to beat Undertaker? Heck, if he still was in WWE, the way a certain storyline is going, it would mean that he would be facing CM Punk.
Frank Rizzo
(Group Amateur - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Mar 12th 2010, 15:05:05 Quote 
Quote ( Kashvinder Mann @ March 12th 2010,07:49:01 )

They know him as Y2J, and that's to irritate him so why not?

Jericho is great on the mic as a heel. So thats how I would want to see him. Though Angle I think still has the "you suck" chant with his music, and that stayed no matter if he was trying to be a face or a heel.

As an aside, I was able to meet the Hardy Boys face to face. Lets just say I was disappointed to say the least in Jeff. He was completely disinterested and just acted like a jackass the entire time. Matt on the other hand was great, even though at the time I didnt really care for Matt and semi liked Jeff, and it completely changed my opinions of those two. I think it was around 98-99 when I was able to get that meeting. It was overall an unspectacular affair for most reguards, but knowing how they are outside the ring made a huge impact on my perception of them.

Some of the best personalities I was able to meet outside the ring were Tito Santana and Ted Dibiase (The Million Dollar Man, not his son who is wrestling now). Completely down to earth people who you would never think were wrestling "superstars" back in the day when they actually were superstars in the WWF.
Tiago Silva
(Group Rookie - 111)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Mar 12th 2010, 15:21:31 Quote 
Well i ve only seen this now and damn TNA will have more watchers that WWE in little time. TNA is putting effort to get the adult fans and WWE is trying to get the ones with minus that 10 years.
The thing that will be a big disapointment is if the "Rattlesnake" doesn´t stun McMahon.
And to end this post my favourite wrestlers are Kurt Angle (quality of the fight) and Stone Cold (he fight well and he gets the audience).
Frank Rizzo
(Group Amateur - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #89 posted Mar 12th 2010, 15:38:54 Quote 
I always liked the wrestlers that could put on a show and entertain me outside the ring just as much if not more so than inside the ring. The in ring wrestling that I see from time to time if nothing better is on, is just pathetic now. How many times can I watch HHH do the same 6 moves time in and time out damn near in the same order. On the other hand he is great on the mic.
Misty Schaeffer
(Group Rookie - 33)

British Virgin Islands 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Mar 12th 2010, 15:41:47 (last edited Mar 12th 2010, 15:47:29 by Misty Schaeffer) Quote 
Um u guys do know its fake, right? Actually reading Battista's book and he seems to be a nice guy. A millionaire nevertheless..

Do u guys ever get tired of seeing the same storylines just with different wrestlers? Meh! Wrestling , WWE and TNA are a soap operas for guys

My fave wrestlers are on TNA; Daffney and Christie Hemme, and the chick who used to be Victoria in the WWE. My fave guy wrestler Cena and Battista
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 98 99 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic