Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 97 [9899 100 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Which did you like better?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 replies
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2911 posted Mar 29th 2017, 16:20:23 (last edited Mar 29th 2017, 16:23:32 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 29th 2017,14:13:17 )

Best promo'd match going in to Mania?

Yeah -- pretty sure that it's either that, Orton/Wyatt, or Styles/McMahon. While is crazy, since they have different builds. Quick trigger on the Miz/Cena match, but the other two have been slow burns.... especially the Orton/Wyatt match. I could actually care less about virtually every RAW match, except for Owens/Jericho at this point. Brock/Goldberg is simply a curiosity.

Also, as a heads-up for your side of the pond -- the UK championship is being defended at PROGRESS this weekend. Bate vs. Andrews.

I'm gonna put this out there: Which match are you all looking forward to most during the entire weekend? Mine is the Triple Threat tag at TakeOver.

Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2912 posted Mar 29th 2017, 16:46:37 Quote 
Yeah, The Miz/Cena segment was the best Promo for a while, never mind just going Mania. I kind of feel like I wanna watch Mayrse and The Miz do a whole real episode of Total Divas haha.

I'm looking forward to the women's title matches for both RAW and Smackdown. Mainly because they are the only ones that I feel are the most un-predictable. I got a feeling though Naiomi may win the Smackdown Women's Title because she's back now though. I hope I'm wrong, I like Alexa Bliss and want her to have a proper run with the title.

Jericho and Kevin Owens should be good, but the logical person to win this is KO as it does more for his career and Y2J is leaving in a couple of weeks.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H and Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton, have both been dragged out so long I kind of just want them to get it over with and have them all to move on to something else.

I'm gonna hold my eyes open for the Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg match, because if I blink I'll probably miss it.

The one I'm least looking forward too is The Undertaker vs Roman Reigns, Undertaker is clearly in a lot of pain right now, I don't think he should be wrestling anymore and we'll probably see why he shouldn't be wrestling anymore at Wrestlemania

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2913 posted Mar 29th 2017, 17:17:28 (last edited Mar 29th 2017, 17:21:11 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Greg Tierney @ March 29th 2017,16:20:23 )

Also, as a heads-up for your side of the pond -- the UK championship is being defended at PROGRESS this weekend. Bate vs. Andrews.

Pretty sure that's a first. They've not allowed him to defend it at other indy shows, although he has carried the belt.

---

Quote ( Greg Tierney @ March 29th 2017,16:20:23 )

I'm gonna put this out there: Which match are you all looking forward to most during the entire weekend? Mine is the Triple Threat tag at TakeOver.

Agreed.

Best match of last year were Revival vs #DIY (2 out of 3 falls) and their earlier match was probably the second best, so happy to see them again, although think AoP will make it different, but probably not better, but still be a great match.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2914 posted Mar 30th 2017, 21:51:00 Quote 
I watched NXT, I can't name more than half the roster, I don't know who's face and who's heel, but I still found it better than RAW haha.

I struggling with names, but the first match meant nothing to me as I knew nothing about any of them 3 in the Triple threat.

Heavy Machinery look to me how Vince McMahon wants every tag team to look in WWE. Scratch that, it's how he wants every person to look in WWE.

The women's title contract negotiation was good, for one thing to me, they didn't drag it out, i guess you can't though when you only have an hour for the show.

The loser leaves NXT match, was also hard to get to involved with due to the fact I didn't know either guy. But the guy who won has the worst finisher I've ever seen. If that was his finisher...

I'll still give NXT Takeover a go on Saturday though and see what I think.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2915 posted Mar 30th 2017, 21:59:38 Quote 
Wasn't the best NXT.

And Ohno is really annoying me (he's only returned to NXT recently, and I didn't watch it when he was in it years ago) - there is nothing good about him :/

Takeover should be excellent though :)
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2916 posted Mar 30th 2017, 22:21:54 Quote 
Yeah -- it'll take a little getting used to, compared to the main roster. I'd have been surprised if you knew more than half the names, as even some of them (like Ruby Riot) are as new as two weeks ago.

Quote ( Daniel Shell @ March 30th 2017,21:51:00 )

Heavy Machinery look to me how Vince McMahon wants every tag team to look in WWE. Scratch that, it's how he wants every person to look in WWE.

You'll notice lots of nods to older gimmicks in NXT. Heavy Machinery is a "straight out of the 1980s" tag team, like the natural disasters. The Revival are a modern day Minnesota Wrecking Crew (eg. Arn Anderson) with old-school wrestling. American Alpha, before they left, were a modern day Steiner Brothers. Bobby Roode = little bit of Ric Flair/Gorgeous George.. .the list goes on and on.

TakeOver should be much better. But as you said.... at least it was only 50 min - 1 hour wasted :)

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2917 posted Apr 2nd 2017, 03:41:12 Quote 
Pity that a section of the crowd are dicks, but shouldn't take away from how superb that tag match was! That. Was. Awesome!
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2918 posted Apr 2nd 2017, 04:42:30 Quote 
What did the crowd do? I was too busy enjoying the match to notice anything, that was one of the best tag matches I've seen In years! It's kind of depressing how the main roster can't put anything on like that, but I really enjoyed it.

I like the look of the Alister Black guy too, if he can do promos as well as he wrestles he's gonna do well.

The women's title match was good too, bit of a meh finish, as I was watching the attitude era on the network before take over and saw that finish a few hours before that match when RVD faced Test haha.

Also, Bobby Roode has the best entrance of anyone to ever walk to a wrestling ring, and he had a really good match too, I become a fan of his tonight. :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2919 posted Apr 2nd 2017, 11:27:19 Quote 
Really not sure how I feel about this :/

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2920 posted Apr 2nd 2017, 11:32:32 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Shell @ April 2nd 2017,04:42:30 )

What did the crowd do?

Was a section that were just making it about themselves, led to "shut the f.. up" chants at end of the second match. Ruined the atmosphere of the tag match because #DIY got eliminated, along with the "no one likes you" chants at AoP - just felt more genuine pissed off over proper heel heat.

The women's title match was good too, bit of a meh finish, as I was watching the attitude era on the network before take over and saw that finish a few hours before that match when RVD faced Test haha.

The finish was perfect, but can understand why you'd think "meh". Asuka has never lost, and never needed help to win. She has been slowly looking a bit more heel-ish at times and the storytelling of it, both in the match and over the build up, seemed spot on - protecting Ember Moon, protecting Ember's finisher, and building up a rematch. I think it worked really well :)

that was one of the best tag matches I've seen In years

It really was. You should definitely check out the other Takeover events. The two #DIY v Revival matches from last year were two of the matches of the year. And check out Sami Zayn v Nakamura while you're at it - TakeOver Dallas from last year's Wrestlemania weekend was an amazing show, possibly the best ever.
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Pro - 10)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2921 posted Apr 2nd 2017, 15:33:44 Quote 
Drew McIntyre in NXT? I gotta agree with Kevin, I don't know how I feel about that.

That tag team match was amazing, good luck to the main roster trying to top that!

Wow Aleister Black's entrance was something else eh?
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2922 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 00:32:20 Quote 
I love that security actually did their job for once -- and in doing so, almost ruined that spot in the Battle Royal --- oops!
Lee Downing
(Group Amateur - 86)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2923 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 01:09:57 Quote 
This is the most huge amount of shit I have ever seen.
Lee Downing
(Group Amateur - 86)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2924 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 01:20:29 Quote 
Anyone watching WM has a 1'' penis biggest load of bollocks ever
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2925 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 01:28:50 (last edited Apr 3rd 2017, 01:31:43 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Thanks Lee! Sorry if we offended you :)

However, no one has bothered you, as far as I'm aware -- so I don't understand your vitriol towards us. There's always the ignore list, though.

Here's the link to remove this topic to your ignore list: /gb/forum/AddIgnoredTopic.asp?TopicId=14278&redir=office
Lee Downing
(Group Amateur - 86)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2926 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 01:37:46 Quote 
I know it's just shit and you fools believe it lol
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2927 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 01:47:23 (last edited Apr 3rd 2017, 01:59:14 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Quote ( Lee Downing @ April 3rd 2017,01:37:46 )

I think that, by and large, if you peruse this thread, we are all certainly not believing it (I mean.... I'd have to be mad to assume there's an actual undead wizard controlled by an urn). But, I guess this is the once every few months attack we get.

I enjoy it because it's an interesting look into the psychology of storytelling and influencing crowd reactions -- both in those stories that work and those that don't. How are heroes built? How are villains made? It's one of the few venues wherein audience feedback to how a story is being told can be felt instantly and more importantly, adjusted to.

Here, we're discussing it inasmuch as you would discuss The Walking Dead, Top Gear, The Grand Tour, Eastenders -- take your pick. The difference is that this show has 25+ years of history and storylines, much like a soap opera -- so actually, maybe it's not that much different than Eastenders.

All that said, I must say I'm disappointed in your unprovoked attacks. As someone who's been on this site for 9 years, I think that GPRO could certainly use more welcoming people, not attacks.
Greg Tierney
(Group Amateur - 53)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2928 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 02:53:42 (last edited Apr 3rd 2017, 02:54:46 by Greg Tierney) Quote 
Meanwhile at WrestleMania.....

WrestleMania Spoilers Below

New Day with the swerve.......... What a debut!!! Delete! Delete! Delete! Delete!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2929 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 02:55:33 Quote 
Lost it! Totally lost it! I'm a total mark!
Darrel Janga
(Group Amateur - 12)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #2930 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 04:26:55 Quote 
That was amazing! I wonder wat this mean for the rest!
Peter-Michael Watkins
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #2931 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 06:20:41 Quote 
Well i might get punished for sayin the following words because it is a spoiler so please only read the following statement at your own risk:

Thank you Mark Callaway for giving me a reason to beleave in the magic on Pro Wrestling and the Undertaker in specific. Thank you for sacrificing your boday to entertain a worldwide audience and thank you for being the most loyal soldier of an era that will never be repeated. The last outlaw has left the building but what he gave me and ever1 enjoyig this kind of entertainment will neer ever be forgotten. Thank you Undertaker for being the phenom of Wrestling in general!
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2932 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 06:22:10 Quote 
#ThankYouTaker
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2933 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 06:52:58 (last edited Apr 3rd 2017, 06:53:27 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Lee Downing everyone knows it's fake, you're just too dim to see how people find it entertaining. And I guess you wonder why your potential is a €500 p. Week factory job. Lol. Your sentences make less sense than a Steven Spielberg film.
Darrel Janga
(Group Amateur - 12)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #2934 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 13:23:06 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 3rd 2017,06:22:10 )

#ThankYouTaker
Fernando Garcia
(Group Amateur - 67)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #2935 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 13:42:42 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Downing @ April 3rd 2017,01:37:46 )

It's still real to me damn it!!!!!!!

But on a serious note, you must be incredibly fun at parties.
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2936 posted Apr 3rd 2017, 13:44:59 Quote 
Enjoyed Wrestlemania! It wasn't the best one, but it wasn't the worst either.

The battle royal annoyed me at first, like why have Mojo Rawley win it? Just because he's got a celebrity bestie? It would have been a good chance to get Somoa Joe a impressive victory, and a big achievement on the main roster after doing something other than attacking people.

I was a bit surprised Ambrose held on to the IC Title though. He doesn't need it, and it would have done more for Corbins career for him to have it. I'm not a fan of Corbin, but it would have been better for him to win the title and have like a 6-9 month reign with it and establish himself a bit more than he is.

The AJ Styles match was good as expected, I was just surprised it was on first.

I liked the end to the KO vs Y2J match. I imagine the finish was used in a way to write Jericho off until he's done touring with fozzy.

Smackdown's Women title match, could have been moved to the pre-show. It was rushed to me, and obvious Naomi was going to win following Smackdown last week.

I was happy to see The Hardy's back like everyone else last night...I would have preferred it though if they were inserted in the Main Event picture on Raw, instead of the Tag division, as the Main Event scene desperately needs new faces there! I imagine a few new people will debut tonight.

I was surprised how long the Goldberg vs Lesnar match went on. I didn't know Goldberg could take that many bumps. It was the most entertained I've ever been by Goldberg since he returned too...it's ironic he's leaving now.

One match result that was completely wrong was the WWE Title match. Bray was getting himself over to new levels last night, with that awesome maggots and cockroach thing he had going on in the ring. Randy Orton doesn't need a 13th title, and Bray was coming out as a massive monster the last couple of weeks, and then they have him lose...again!

The Undertaker's match was good! Especially with the No DQ stipulation, had me wondering if someone was gonna interfere throughout the match. I didn't like him losing his last match to Roman Reigns, but this does show a passing of the torch (yard) sort of thing after the match. I'm just glad he got out of his last match ok, as he should of retired at least 5 years ago. I've been watching him since 1999, and nobody is going to top the career he's had.

David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2937 posted Apr 5th 2017, 15:04:12 Quote 
SHINSUKE NAKAMURA!!!
Daniel Shell
(Group Rookie - 57)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2938 posted Apr 6th 2017, 21:57:25 (last edited Apr 6th 2017, 21:58:08 by Daniel Shell) Quote 
What's everyone thinking for the "Superstar Shakeup" next week?

I'd like to see Charlotte go to Smackdown, having been in the title picture so long on RAW, she's basically faced everyone and there's nothing for her to do.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baron Corbin go to Raw though, as he's on of the only few people I don't like on the Smackdown roster (his personality is boring)

Sami Zayn going to Smackdown would probably refresh him a fair bit. He's been getting buried on RAW.

I wouldn't mind seeing Braun Strowman on Smackdown either, I can see him getting more opportunities there, than on RAW. It would be cool to have him and the rest of the Wyatt family on the same show too and see if they want to do anything with that...they'll only have Bray lose as always.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2939 posted Apr 6th 2017, 22:24:12 Quote 
As long as the lucha libre star from NXT last night, that got a bigger pop than any call up or come back this week, goes somewhere good, I'll be happy :)
David Duarte
(Group Pro - 17)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2940 posted Apr 7th 2017, 10:11:48 Quote 
As long as they make a Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles match (or more than one), i don't care about the roster changes...
Page « 1 2 3 ... 97 [9899 100 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic