Forum topic poll
Who will win Fifa World Cup 2010?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Fifa World Cup 2010 6683 replies
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted May 11th 2010, 23:34:26 Quote 
Wow thats how much you know, Crouch has an awesome record internationally. He is tall, great with his feet, scores goals brings ppl into play.

What else do you want?

Crouch delivers always at the top level. Especially big games.

Just watch.

I tipped Hargreaves last tournement to be best player and he was outstanding. Upset he isnt going but i understand why.

I am thinking this tournement our wingers Lennon and Johnson can tear ppl up with ease
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted May 11th 2010, 23:36:48 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 11th 2010,23:30:31 )

Spain are unbelievably Strong, but lets be honest you went with Italy how wrong could you be, Squad and Manager. The italian league is so weak its unreal. Mostly where hte Italian squad plays seria A
italians are too patriots...2 pasioned, 2 serie a, 2 juventus, 2 lippi, 2 good for every other team in europe...2 clever... :)
André Oliveira
(Group Amateur - 6)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted May 11th 2010, 23:37:02 (last edited May 11th 2010, 23:40:27 by André Oliveira) Quote 
Quote ( Leandro Sereno @ May 11th 2010,23:25:25 )

Quote ( Arnas Peikstenis @ May 11th 2010,23:17:58 )

names.. really brazil this year should not do nothing, there almost no superstars first time see such not capable brazil team on papper...

Last world cup Brasil had a superb midfield-attack on paper (Kaká, Ronaldinho, Robinho and Ronaldo)... and we had an awful campaign. I prefer players who are actually playing well than strong names who currently are sucking.

This team base won south american qualifying and confederations cup 2009 as well.

One more thing to be added: superstars are nothing if they decide to play in a hangover... :P
Seriously, the best thing about brazilian team this year is the lack of those 'stars'.

But there are a few things bugging me: Doni as 3rd goalkeeper? Grafite? No Ganso, nor Neymar? Brazil could have the fastest mid-field-atack ever with those guys.

Quote ( Louis Francis @ May 11th 2010,23:15:51 )

I was hoping for that reaction from you ;)

:P

Seriously, there are two things I don't ever wanna see in my life: Argentina winning a world cup, and Corinthians winnings the 'Libertadores' cup. I wanna die before that...
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted May 11th 2010, 23:38:56 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 11th 2010,23:34:26 )

Wow thats how much you know, Crouch has an awesome record internationally. He is tall, great with his feet, scores goals brings ppl into play.What else do you want? Crouch delivers always at the top level. Especially big games.Just watch.I tipped Hargreaves last tournement to be best player and he was outstanding. Upset he isnt going but i understand why.I am thinking this tournement our wingers Lennon and Johnson can tear ppl up with ease
man...bielive me, i hope i pray that he would be in line up...just hope but...dreams not everytime come true :)
Hugo Dias
(Group Amateur - 48)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted May 11th 2010, 23:41:17 Quote 
Admins, please ... remove Portugal as a choice. They are in the top of the list of "who will be the major disappoint team?"
Hugo Dias
(Group Amateur - 48)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted May 11th 2010, 23:43:19 Quote 
Quote ( Egzon Brajshori @ May 11th 2010,22:29:32 )

So Brazil,Cote D'Ivore

The death group

With this portuguese team and this coach ... this isn't a death group ... It's easy meat for Brazil and Cote D'Ivoire.
Bastien Chartier
(Group Rookie - 173)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted May 11th 2010, 23:45:39 Quote 
I think The Netherlands have a great chance, not many great opponents, and they will need to take down some bigger teams, but it is possible
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted May 11th 2010, 23:45:48 Quote 
I cant bielive why portugal peaples are such negative about upcoming event, i never saw such capable portugal...they never had such effective individual superstar and so much young talents, i put miguel veloso as next star after ronaldo...this is true good player...
Jack Wemyss
(Group Pro - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted May 11th 2010, 23:46:31 Quote 
I never thought I would agree with Michael Keeney. But, well, today is the day, I totally agree that Crouch should be the man to play alongside Rooney.
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted May 11th 2010, 23:49:06 Quote 
wow Jack Wemyss,

This day will live long in the memory HA HA
Marcelo Michelini
(Group Amateur - 15)

GPRO Crew
Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted May 11th 2010, 23:50:17 Quote 
Spain 20%
England 16.2%
this is hillarious! :)

I was going to remove the poll as it is incomplete... the "other" option here is a must...
one thing I fully believe about this world cup, is how "equal" it is... I don't see any favorite, nothing so strong, and not even so week...
if I have to bet, I would bet on a south american country getting this world cup
chile has been incredible strong... argentina and brazil can make like two or three world cup class teams... paraguay has a great defence as always... and even uruguay for it's past and some particular matches has very nice chances...

something to distinguish, is that brazil has a great defence including goalkeeper, in my opinion, they had some problems with that in the past... now they have it cover, so they are once again favorites
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted May 11th 2010, 23:51:46 Quote 
attention to all english people!!! question...such positive opinion you have only because of that goul against man.city? I think in that goal the ball hit in his head instintly... :D because he would be too slow to react :D are you thinking everytime ball will hit in crouch??? :) its better for ingland to take one tree than :) its harder and ball can bounce better :)
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted May 11th 2010, 23:52:12 (last edited May 11th 2010, 23:55:02 by Michael Keeney) Quote 
What is Hilarious about Spain and England exactly.

Spain are formidable. If your going off the back of recent world cups your sadly mistaken.

England i might be slightly biased so i wont say anything.

But Spain for me 20% That low for what i would imagine Spain will be favourites going into the tournement with the bookmakers and they know a thing or two.

edit Arnas, Seriously give it a rest the guy has scored a lot of goals internationally and for the teams he has played for.

England 37 appearances 20 goals. Who can boast a record like that at the top level

Premiership the strongest league in the world

77 goals.

How can you call a forward like Crouch crap he has done it all at the top level in the best league, Playing for good teams.
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted May 11th 2010, 23:54:45 (last edited May 11th 2010, 23:55:10 by Michael Keeney) Quote 
please delete
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted May 11th 2010, 23:56:25 Quote 
percent are interesting, but spain normaly should be out of tournament in top 16 or top 8...for example italy I see easily reaching top 8 and than...need some luck on penalties :)
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted May 11th 2010, 23:59:58 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 11th 2010,23:52:12 )

Premiership the strongest league in the world77 goals.How can you call a forward like Crouch crap he has done it all at the top level in the best league, Playing for good teams.
i not agrre that premier is strongest league, but about crouch i finish and its my pleasure that this player is second english forward, that shows how weak is english football, because italy would have such caliber player in serie b :) just there are no rule to take players from serie b :)
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted May 12th 2010, 00:04:10 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:06:00 by Michael Keeney) Quote 
Luca Toni is awful ha ha ha ha

Totti isnt going either ha ha

Rossi is arguably the only decent forward Italy have thats better than Crouch and hes unproven at the top level.

Good luck with that
Marcelo Michelini
(Group Amateur - 15)

GPRO Crew
Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted May 12th 2010, 00:04:18 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:04:37 by Marcelo Michelini) Quote 

What is Hilarious about Spain

playing against estonia, armenia, boznia-herzegovina is not so formidable in my opinion :p

england has a much decent qual... but still nothing to consider as favorite, I believe england has had much stronger teams in the past

please, stop with the double posts
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted May 12th 2010, 00:08:11 Quote 
Ok i apologised about the double post and edited it once i had seen what i had done.

Spain didnt lose a game for about 2 years recently and were beaten luckily by USA in Confederations cup final i believe.

How blinded some people are lets just wait till world cup and we will see wont we.

Argentina and Italy will struggle to last 8. They might get there due to teams they could face but they arnt strong enough.
Steve MacMillan
(Group Amateur - 8)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted May 12th 2010, 00:08:24 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:10:23 by Steve MacMillan) Quote 
Quote ( Marcelo Michelini @ May 12th 2010,00:04:18 )

I believe england has had much stronger teams in the past

I agree with you Marcelo, with regards to England, I think they have had stronger "Squads" in the past....

But, this time, they have a stronger coach in Capello....

But Spain ?..I think you will struggle to find a stronger Spanish squad in the past 20 years or so....

Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted May 12th 2010, 00:08:52 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:14:22 by Arnas Peikstenis) Quote 
toni had really good form some season, hope he will not be in line up anymore, was nice, thanks toni...but now want to see pazzini...second forward i not care, everyone is ok...iaquinta ok, quagliarella ok, not sure about dinatale...others is ok, dinatale i see missing something in his potential...ofcourse, fast player...but more quality i preffer...little worry about howlippi will handle such defensive midfield selection...but ofcourse if you let in your net zero goals than at least you not loose :)
Tom Parker
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted May 12th 2010, 00:09:46 Quote 
Spain or Brazil here.

Argentina have no hope in hell. The ultimate 1 man team imo.
Menno Schipper
(Group Amateur - 34)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted May 12th 2010, 00:10:11 Quote 
Of course I am biased as hell, but reading all these posts I get the feeling people are underestimating the Netherlands..
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted May 12th 2010, 00:11:10 Quote 
You just named Italy being Ok but you feel they will do better than England your not making sense. The only position your better than England in is GK that is it.

Our defence superior, Midfield Superior and Attack Superior

You do the math?
Menno Schipper
(Group Amateur - 34)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted May 12th 2010, 00:13:30 Quote 
Football is not math. You already forgot the beating Italy and France got 2 years ago?
Also our qualifying pool wasnt the hardest, but still we won everything.

Maybe Englands players will go out again for a drink and a hump before the game starts ;)
Arnas Peikstenis
(Group Amateur - 39)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted May 12th 2010, 00:15:42 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:18:38 by Arnas Peikstenis) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 12th 2010,00:11:10 )

You just named Italy being Ok but you feel they will do better than England your not making sense. The only position your better than England in is GK that is it. Our defence superior, Midfield Superior and Attack Superior You do the math?
i do math just think that italy can reach 8 ar 9 world cup final and england is again here for olympic principal :) if talking seriously I say we really miss this time that magical number 10 triquarista golden player...so its will be hard...but its really will be enough to overcome england in my opinion :)
Steve MacMillan
(Group Amateur - 8)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted May 12th 2010, 00:15:44 Quote 
Quote ( Menno Schipper @ May 12th 2010,00:13:30 )

Maybe Englands players will go out again for a drink

As a fan of the Italians, you should know that Capello will not allow anything of the sort....

Menno Schipper
(Group Amateur - 34)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted May 12th 2010, 00:18:01 Quote 
Quote ( Steve MacMillan @ May 12th 2010,00:15:44 )

As a fan of the Italians, you should know that Capello will not allow anything of the sort....

If that is so, Englands chances will definately be increased compared to last WC!

Can't wait for it to start!
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Pro - 7)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #89 posted May 12th 2010, 00:40:15 (last edited May 12th 2010, 00:51:32 by Fredrik Palmqvist) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 11th 2010,23:25:51 )

I am so excited about this world cup its unreal.

Hmm, that sentence just screams you are english. The same every year, you think you are good enough to fight with the top but you always fail to go to the end... Would be nice if england succeeded but it's not very likely to happen unfortunally (you can't even beat sweden in world cup, european cup or qualifying)

Premiership the strongest league in the world

Is that why no team from england was in semi final in Champions League?

Quote ( Michael Keeney @ May 12th 2010,00:11:10 )

Our defence superior, Midfield Superior and Attack Superior

You do the math?

The simple math here is you never learn from your misstake... England isn't so good as some english people like to think...
Neil Mcewan
(Group Amateur - 3)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted May 12th 2010, 00:57:43 Quote 
England have a great chance but thinking about it i dont know, I don't think its fair to say that England have a better defence attack and midfield to Italy as i dont think its true. Its hard to compare but Englands team isnt that much more dominant over Italys if at all.

I actually think England will win but i also have a strong feeling it will finally be Germany or Holland
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 221 222 223 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic