Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Fitness thread (Real life, not GPRO) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Fitness thread (Real life, not GPRO) 583 replies
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 96)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #571 posted Sep 3rd 2017, 14:48:57 Quote 
Tiny you Jensen ;-)
Jensen Owens
(Group Amateur - 71)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #572 posted Sep 3rd 2017, 15:00:33 Quote 
I know :(

14+st and still feel 10st piss wet through :(

You'll never be happy in this game, I wanted to be 13st done I wanted to be 14st done I wanted to be 15st got to 14st 10lbs 15% BF now I wanna be 16st 18inch arms balls the size of fresh garden peas :)
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 96)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #573 posted Sep 3rd 2017, 22:17:05 Quote 
Lol
Joe Manifold
(Group Amateur - 125)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #574 posted Sep 3rd 2017, 22:40:45 Quote 
Stop the juice.
Andrey Baydin
(Group Master - 3)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #575 posted Sep 12th 2017, 19:30:09 Quote 
https://www.outsideonline.com/1928041/one-day-year-fitness-plan

this got me thinking
Cameron Halsall
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #576 posted Oct 7th 2018, 17:15:26 Quote 
Ah good, at least some people are like me and actually bother to get off their arse sometimes.

So I just joined a gym, and I'm not sure exactly if I've got the right idea as to how much I am doing. With exceptions, the plan is to go in 3/4 days a week for about an hour to 75 minutes. Is this enough (I'm trying to pull here).
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #577 posted Oct 6th 2020, 11:39:31 (last edited Oct 6th 2020, 11:41:54 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Over the past 3 years I went from 90kg up to 130kg. I'm now down to 118kg (192cm tall, so don't look that bad :P) losing some weight and replacing the rest with muscle with a proper schedule.

I have booked in to see a nutritionist to really get the body functioning on all cylinders but I was curious to know if any of you know a lot of things about nutrition and exercises.

At the moment I'm sticking to rice, fish & chicken with of course vegetables with all meals, 5-6 times per day in smaller doses.

Hitting gym 6 times per week targeting specific muscle groups.

Monday: Arms (bicep-tricep supersets from different angles, then push to failure)
Tuesday: Chest (incline, flat, decline bench press superset, then cable flies)
Wednesday: Shoulders (mainly using machines to properly isolate the awkward angles needed in a proper way)
Thursday: Back
Friday: Leg day (chest press, deadlift, squat)
Sat or Sun: Abs (learned this killa cable exercise last week and still sore :D)

I was kind of testing my limit last friday with a deadlift and ended up being able to comfortably do 150kg with proper form 8 more times after testing the 1 rep maximum...

If any of you are into this kind of routine it's be interesting to hear it. I can say the motivation for life comes back real fast when you get to push yourself beyond your limit, and it's totally worth getting into fitness if you feel yourself dragging your feet along in life. My happiness has increased tenfold just because of the routine and everything
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 78)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #578 posted Oct 6th 2020, 11:54:31 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ October 6th 2020,11:39:31 )

Over the past 3 years I went from 90kg up to 130kg. I'm now down to 118kg (192cm tall, so don't look that bad :P) losing some weight and replacing the rest with muscle with a proper schedule.

I have booked in to see a nutritionist to really get the body functioning on all cylinders but I was curious to know if any of you know a lot of things about nutrition and exercises.

At the moment I'm sticking to rice, fish & chicken with of course vegetables with all meals, 5-6 times per day in smaller doses.

Monday: Arms (bicep-tricep supersets from different angles, then push to failure)
Wednesday: Shoulders (mainly using machines to properly isolate the awkward angles needed in a proper way)

I was kind of testing my limit last friday with a deadlift and ended up being able to comfortably do 150kg with proper form 8 more times after testing the 1 rep maximum...

If any of you are into this kind of routine it's be interesting to hear it. I can say the motivation for life comes back real fast when you get to push yourself beyond your limit, and it's totally worth getting into fitness if you feel yourself dragging your feet along in life. My happiness has increased tenfold just because of the routine and everything

Yes Luke! I need the same motivation as you haha. I am pretty much your weight, but only at 174cm tall lol. What was your motivation? :D
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #579 posted Oct 6th 2020, 11:57:16 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ October 6th 2020,11:54:31 )

Yes Luke! I need the same motivation as you haha. I am pretty much your weight, but only at 174cm tall lol. What was your motivation? :D

Marriage, separation and aspiration..... lol
James Hitchen
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #580 posted Oct 6th 2020, 13:49:37 (last edited Oct 6th 2020, 14:07:17 by James Hitchen) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ October 6th 2020,11:39:31 )

In terms of Abs, i find its much easier to do a short ab session after every split rather than spending a whole day dedicated to them. I aim for 500 reps of various core exercises 5 days a week.

My splits alternate in the order, cause i find doing one at the end of the week all the time puts me a long way off my PBs. Although your leg day seems interesting, chest press and deadlifts?

In terms of me personally, i'm 6ft weighing 75KG after a massive lockdown shred, i was doing an 800 calorie per day deficit. Last 3 weeks i've moved on to a more substantial diet, which is terms of calories should maintain my weight, but its very protein heavy, my intention is to slowly grow the muscle for a more defined shape. Unfortunately this means I've had to back off the weight on certain muscle groups to try and get proportions right. I don't like protein shakes and i also hate fish so proteins a challenge which puts me on the backfoot,. Considering taking protein shakes again though because when it comes to bulking and quick gains i can't keep up with my peers.

I'll write my workout splits up and post them here. :)

EDIT: Splits: https://imgur.com/a/zpupE1S
Ivan Silva
(Group Amateur - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #581 posted Oct 6th 2020, 15:24:41 Quote 
Hm... Where's Jensen when we need him?
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #582 posted Oct 6th 2020, 16:08:36 Quote 
Oh shit I put chest press in leg day by accident lmao. Leg day deadlifts are good because i start out with them and it gives me a massive shot of adrenalin to push harder with leg presses, calf raisers & hammy extensions.

Will look into calories intake. Protein after every workout seems to enhance the results. You git a good routine there James, quite advanced considering your age. Nice. My goal weight is 95kg or 100kg if my legs explode like im expecting.

How ong have you been training for
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Master - 4)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #583 posted Oct 6th 2020, 16:19:08 Quote 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ October 6th 2020,15:24:41 )

Hm... Where's Jensen when we need him?

İirc he was doing steroids.

Hope he's alive.
James Hitchen
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #584 posted Oct 6th 2020, 17:58:03 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ October 6th 2020,16:08:36 )

Oh shit I put chest press in leg day by accident lmao. Leg day deadlifts are good because i start out with them and it gives me a massive shot of adrenalin to push harder with leg presses, calf raisers & hammy extensions.

Will look into calories intake. Protein after every workout seems to enhance the results. You git a good routine there James, quite advanced considering your age. Nice. My goal weight is 95kg or 100kg if my legs explode like im expecting.

How ong have you been training for

I started at the gym young, spent my time around rugby players so got into a pretty full on routine, going when they went and trying to keep up with them in terms of weight and reps. Unfortunately I spend more time with an injury than not, I gave up going to the gym last November and started eating like shit while at uni, about April I got bored in lockdown and took it all back up and started from a very fat and weak base, damaged a tendon in my arm about 2 months ago, I changed my diet and routine a bit when I came back, hoping the balancing of my physique would be easier. I have a lot of issues with leg day because of the nerve damage in my left knee, I’ve also got damage to my exterior quad in my left leg and up until about a year ago had a lot of tissue damage in my upper knee, so although I have a refined routine the injuries tend to cancel out a lot of the benefit, and my lack of good protein doesn’t help either.

when I go back to uni next week I expect either the gym to fall by the way side again or I’ll take it even more seriously and start with protein shakes again out of laziness. Time will tell.

95-100kg is impressive work to be fair, especially if you’ve got room for significant gains in your legs to take you to it. I don’t really set weight goals, I’m just trying to building as much general size as possible while staying in proportion, I’m happy with my core, legs and back but arms, shoulders and chest are playing catch up. Arms and shoulders are getting there though, I just can’t find the motivation to go hard on chest at the minute.

Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 19 [20 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Fitness thread (Real life, not GPRO) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic