Page « 1 2 3 ... 114 115 [116 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 3455 replies
Ania Piekarska
(Group Amateur - 9)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3451 posted Feb 19th 2019, 19:16:28 Quote 
I'd like to bring the attention back to the original suggestion of Rastislav: no special characters in Driver/TD names. The initial assumption about manager names being incorrect doesn't invalidate the main idea.

In case there comes a question why bother. In the csv market sheet (possibly other too), all special characters get replaced by their code (e.g. driver Robert Müller /gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=20089 is shown as Robert Müller to me). This results in annoying things when processing the file. I usually just remove the name column but still find it annoying.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3452 posted Feb 19th 2019, 19:34:16 Quote 
Ania, they're HTML entities representing those odd characters.

Don't know how you're "processing" the file but most (if not all) programming languages have some form of library to encode/decode these.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #3453 posted Feb 19th 2019, 19:50:44 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 19th 2019,19:34:16 )

Ania, they're HTML entities representing those odd characters.

Don't know how you're "processing" the file but most (if not all) programming languages have some form of library to encode/decode these.
yes but when you dowload à csv file it was encoded with a character set and html code wasn't one of them...
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #3454 posted Feb 19th 2019, 20:05:17 Quote 
Well i do agree there Sebastien, html encoded entities have very little purpose in a CSV :)

I assume the XLS export came first here, which is nothing but a HTML table really, and the other exports were based on that one. That or the driver names are html encoded at their very source (a database far far away)

Ania Piekarska
(Group Amateur - 9)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #3455 posted Feb 19th 2019, 20:09:49 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 19th 2019,19:34:16 )

This helps if I interpret the whole file structure, but I'm rather thinking of one-line scripts. An example from the top of my head, filtering the file on the second number in each line (usually should be OA, but is 252 in the provided case) to be below league limit.

I also sometimes shoot myself in the foot when I import the file to Excel and forget changing the characters for fields splitting and realize that my whole file is shifted only after spending some time on it. That's obviously my fault, but it's still annoying to be defeated by something that doesn't have to be there.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 121)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #3456 posted Feb 19th 2019, 20:53:49 (last edited Feb 19th 2019, 20:54:46 by Rastislav Padysak) Quote 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ February 19th 2019,19:16:28 )...
In case there comes a question why bother. In the csv market sheet (possibly other too), all special characters get replaced by their code (e.g. driver Robert Müller /gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=20089 is shown as Robert Müller to me). This results in annoying things when processing the file. I usually just remove the name column but still find it annoying.
The similar problem (html encoding string in the name) is with the managers' names when you want to download png image of the Lap chart. I have reported it some time ago but GPRO couldn't fix it then. ...But I didn't want to take the topic to this point today.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 114 115 [116 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic