Page « 1 2 3 ... 69 [7071 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Willie Avent
(Group Amateur - 49)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2071 posted May 19th 2017, 23:30:48 Quote 
Thing with these trophies that must give every group where theirs a winner trophies will make game more interesting to play and will be good for GPro
Samuel Carvalho
(Group Rookie - 142)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2072 posted May 31st 2017, 14:31:57 Quote 
I have a suggestion, how about adding other track tracks like: Monza Oval and Monza Jr, I had this idea playing Need For Speed ​​Shift 2, it would be really cool, because the only track we have in GPRO with another course on the track is Indinapolis , Which has the Oval and the GP that was used in F1 2000 Until Na F1 2007. What do you guys think?
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2073 posted May 31st 2017, 15:51:40 Quote 
I don't really see a reason for it. If GPRO needed more tracks then maybe, but it has a lot anyway. Adding tracks from more countries is always good as there's always something special about a home GP, and GPRO will obviously add any new tracks on the F1 calendar, but would adding variations of the same track as separate GPs really add anything? I'd rather see different tracks.
Samuel Carvalho
(Group Rookie - 142)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #2074 posted Jun 2nd 2017, 19:04:41 Quote 
I had a new idea! How about a new game mode for GPRO, inspired by Create Your Own Track of Gran Turismo 5, I present the Project:
Make your Grand Prix
I had this idea again when playing Gran Turismo 5 with my friend on his PS3 and also playing Trackmania Nations Forever, since it can create clues. Make your Grand Prix, your editor will have your autodrome for GPRO managers to run In his track, will have two types to make his track: Simple and the Advanced
No Simple you will have the parts already included in the track part menu.
In Advanced, you will have the same parts already included, but you can make changes to the parts of the track. That's my idea, in my view it's cool my idea, what do you think?
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2075 posted Jun 2nd 2017, 21:06:43 Quote 
You don't have enough of a challenge, Samuel?

Get out of Rookie and you'll have plenty of it.

You'll see you won't have time to think about taking part in a new game mode. :)
Mike Brummert
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2076 posted Jun 2nd 2017, 21:20:56 Quote 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ June 2nd 2017,21:06:43 )

Get out of Rookie and you'll have plenty of it.

Let's address his idea based on its own merits and not on what tier he's currently competing in.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2077 posted Jun 2nd 2017, 21:23:52 Quote 
Well, while the idea has some merits, not sure if it would be feasible to have two games here at the same time.
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2078 posted Jun 2nd 2017, 22:23:28 Quote 
Quote ( Samuel Carvalho @ June 2nd 2017,19:04:41 )

That's my idea, in my view it's cool my idea, what do you think?

It is cool. It's not really necessary in a managing game though, imo. No matter what sort of track you build, the fundamentals and mechanics are exactly the same. You qualify, you race, you analyse, repeat. To most, this is just a game of maths, patience and strategy, so exotic flares like this are probably best left to the games which can actually make them exciting. Like Trackmania.

If you want more customization, new mechanics, your own features etc. then you're more than welcome to make a forum game on here. Silly games have a massive place in GPRO and you will often find some very well run managing games that can implement the features you wish to see, and a lot of willing managers to play them with you. But again, yes it's a cool idea, but I don't see things like this being particularly exciting on games like these. As I said, at the end of the day, it's still just a game of maths and strategy.
Andy Goodall
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2079 posted Jun 18th 2017, 09:22:40 Quote 
Now that we have the fantastic new race screen, how about updating the log in screen by replacing the screenshot of the old version with the new race screen, this might entice new players?
Marius Ruţa
(Group Amateur - 70)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #2080 posted Jun 18th 2017, 09:54:12 (last edited Jun 18th 2017, 09:54:35 by Marius Ruţa) Quote 
I believe they don`t show the new live race screen on the log in page because it`s still beta and available for Supporters only.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 76)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2081 posted Jun 29th 2017, 10:36:23 (last edited Jun 29th 2017, 10:51:15 by Rastislav Padysak) Quote 
I suggest to use manager's group (not Elite) as the default for the address:
/Calendar.asp

Currently (default is Elite), when I switch from the Graphical season calendar (or from Next season calendar) to Season calendar, it shows me Season Calendar (Group: Elite).

If it's a problem to make manager's group as the default, I suggest to add the parameter to the URL, as it is when I'm coming to the Season Calendar page from the office - in my case: /Calendar.asp?Group=Rookie%20-%2076
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #2082 posted Jun 29th 2017, 14:02:16 Quote 
Good suggestion
Meanwhile a simple solution would be press your back key rhat would move hoi from the next season or graphical calendar to your group's season calendar.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 76)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #2083 posted Jun 29th 2017, 14:35:38 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ June 29th 2017,14:02:16 )

Good suggestion
Meanwhile a simple solution would be press your back key rhat would move hoi from the next season or graphical calendar to your group's season calendar.

Yes, Eduardo, I can also use 2x [Back] when I go through Season Calendar > Graphical... > Next Season... and then I want to get back to Season Calendar.
Currently I prefer opening "Graphical..." and "Next..." on the new tab(s). :-)
John Coughlan
(Group Rookie - 53)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #2084 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:02:18 (last edited Jul 3rd 2017, 14:05:01 by John Coughlan) Quote 
Had this idea from an app I played a while ago, which unfortunately I cant remember the name of.

Ill do my best not to sound like a complete rookie upstart who wants to change the game to his image in this.

In this said motorsport app it kind of worked in the same way gpro did that you operated a car and a facility and raced against other players as well as AI. Unlike GPRO however this progression wasnt represented in a simple graphic such as "level 17 windtunnel", but rather you actually had an overview of the facility and the different buildings such as the wind tunnel, the workshop, commercial buildings, finances sector etc and saw it grow as you progressed throughout the game.

To give a practical insight of how we would do this could be that the home page would be the overview of the said facility and to access seperate parts of management you would have to select these buildings. As you pour more money into certain areas of your company/team such as the windtunnel your facility grows and becomes more impressive which I personally feel would be more gratifying visually. An elite manager would have something similar to Maranello or didcot whereas a rookie would have a facility resembling something closer to that of a privateer running a simple formula 4 car. Current sponsors and tyre supplier logos could be displayed at the entrance to facility etc.

Now I probably would have done better to have posted some images of this said app to better explain my point and to give everyone a visual representation of what im talking about and i will try to find them. What im talking about isnt a complete overhaul of game mechanics or anything like that, that would remain as is, but rather a more graphical depiction of our managing careers on gpro and how we have progressed as individuals on this game. I feel this would make the more appealing to the newer managers, certainly visually anyway, and i feel the games user retention rate would go up as much like a picture book, without trying to call new managers such as myself children, would be much more easy to understand than what seems to many on first glance as some sort of university thesus.

What im proposing here though is no easy upgrade at all. It would require a large amount of money and time to implement, heck we havent even fully got moving cars yet. However i feel maybe a long way down the line following discussion and serious thinking it could be the future of what GPRO looks like. Or perhaps effort would be better applied to new and interesting game mechanics for actual gameplay expirience. Just some interesting food for thought :)

Constantin Heller
(Group Rookie - 195)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #2085 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:20:41 Quote 
Well, in my opinion, the current home page gives you a great and easy overview of all sections of the game. I know, it's all text, but it's split up, so all information that belongs together has its own box.
If you represented everything in buildings, like you suggest, there would be 3 big issues. Firstly, how do you represent - for example - "Latest discussions on the forum" in a building? Our home page just has many sections that are not represented well by a building.
Second, we'd have to omit much of the important information and direct links that you currently see directly on the home page. If you just made one building for "Qualifying", then you wouldn't see if any new cars have qualified, or you wouldn't have the direct link to the "Starting Grid" anymore.
Third, we have so much information right now that there's no way you could put that many buildings on a single page ^^ IMO GPRO is too complex to just represent everything with a building, the whole home page would just become super cluttered.

All that aside, I would love a graphic representation of the facilities (only on the Staff page), like many Management games have.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Amateur - 28)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2086 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:23:14 Quote 
Putting buildings on the home page might give people the incorrect impression that the facilities are actually an important part of this game. Making them graphical on the S&F page is not a bad idea but I don't know if it's worth the effort for the GPRO crew.
John Coughlan
(Group Rookie - 53)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #2087 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:26:37 Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ July 3rd 2017,14:20:41 )

"Latest discussions on the forum" in a building?

Like I said I havent really been able to fully explain it without a graphical supplement to my argument so so im not saying represent everything with a building. Most of the functions your talking about could be represented within an office or administrative building for example, where maybe your directed away from the graphics to something more like we have as a homepage already minus some functions which could be represented better elswhere e.g. staff and facilities.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 7)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2088 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:30:23 Quote 
i realy did read your opinion about how much salary should be... Comments? You are not very clever, sorry!!! Here is nothing else to comment on.

My thoughts about salaries which is easy to hold and manage if you want continue to improve:

1. Rookie - 2,5-3mio
2. Amateur - never been in that kind of ama, so only guess - 2-2,5mio
2. Pro -1mio to grow fast, but 1,5-2mio is pretty manageable.
3. Master - here is a bit different. In master almost 4mio is manageable if you have everything ready and need no improve nor driver, nor car, nor staff. But for trainable not more than 1mio!
5. Elite - never been, dont know.

i forgot to add. For me elites is actual ones. After several seasons when current drivers will retire, here only track and quali records will recall that elite was here. Because those records will stay forever. And i always will log in to remaind to you that. You are last one who can blame actual leaders, cos all your carrier is only one big total failure!
Paul Brosnan
(Group Rookie - 49)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #2089 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:35:01 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 3rd 2017,14:30:23 )

i forgot to add. For me elites is actual ones. After several seasons when current drivers will retire, here only track and quali records will recall that elite was here. Because those records will stay forever. And i always will log in to remaind to you that. You are last one who can blame actual leaders, cos all your carrier is only one big total failure!

That gave me a headache...

Quote ( John Coughlan @ July 3rd 2017,14:02:18 )

Had this idea from an app I played a while ago, which unfortunately I cant remember the name of.

Ill do my best not to sound like a complete rookie upstart who wants to change the game to his image in this.

In this said motorsport app it kind of worked in the same way gpro did that you operated a car and a facility and raced against other players as well as AI. Unlike GPRO however this progression wasnt represented in a simple graphic such as "level 17 windtunnel", but rather you actually had an overview of the facility and the different buildings such as the wind tunnel, the workshop, commercial buildings, finances sector etc and saw it grow as you progressed throughout the game.

To give a practical insight of how we would do this could be that the home page would be the overview of the said facility and to access seperate parts of management you would have to select these buildings. As you pour more money into certain areas of your company/team such as the windtunnel your facility grows and becomes more impressive which I personally feel would be more gratifying visually. An elite manager would have something similar to Maranello or didcot whereas a rookie would have a facility resembling something closer to that of a privateer running a simple formula 4 car. Current sponsors and tyre supplier logos could be displayed at the entrance to facility etc.

Now I probably would have done better to have posted some images of this said app to better explain my point and to give everyone a visual representation of what im talking about and i will try to find them. What im talking about isnt a complete overhaul of game mechanics or anything like that, that would remain as is, but rather a more graphical depiction of our managing careers on gpro and how we have progressed as individuals on this game. I feel this would make the more appealing to the newer managers, certainly visually anyway, and i feel the games user retention rate would go up as much like a picture book, without trying to call new managers such as myself children, would be much more easy to understand than what seems to many on first glance as some sort of university thesus.

What im proposing here though is no easy upgrade at all. It would require a large amount of money and time to implement, heck we havent even fully got moving cars yet. However i feel maybe a long way down the line following discussion and serious thinking it could be the future of what GPRO looks like. Or perhaps effort would be better applied to new and interesting game mechanics for actual gameplay expirience. Just some interesting food for thought :)

I have no objection to a few more visuals being added to the game.
John Coughlan
(Group Rookie - 53)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #2090 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 14:36:44 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ July 3rd 2017,14:23:14 )

Putting buildings on the home page might give people the incorrect impression that the facilities are actually an important part of this game. Making them graphical on the S&F page is not a bad idea but I don't know if it's worth the effort for the GPRO crew.

Yeah your right, having staff and facility buildings taking up huge amounts of this graphical depiction would probably suggest to new managers that the largest facility is the way to success, which on this game just simply isn't the whole truth. And you may be right about not being worth time but i think if looked into properly it could be an interesting addition to the game.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 72)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2091 posted Jul 3rd 2017, 15:35:33 (last edited Jul 3rd 2017, 15:44:04 by Tomek Kiełpiński) Quote 
John, and what about shrinking facilities? Unlike the game you're writing about, in GPRO the windtunnel will get smaller after a certain number of races.

E: Not to mention that you can have 100 levels of each facility during the career :-)
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 1)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2092 posted Jul 4th 2017, 09:30:04 Quote 
I dont make suggestions normally but what about lowering the effect of motivation when you are doing your Q's, now you can have a good car and driver (without motivation) and only starting at P20 or lower in which case you can't even get a decent result -> and not motivation gain at all. 250 mot gives you nearly a a second advantage in compairison with someone with no motivation.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Amateur - 71)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2093 posted Jul 4th 2017, 09:39:35 (last edited Jul 4th 2017, 09:40:31 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ July 4th 2017,09:30:04 )

I dont make suggestions normally but what about lowering the effect of motivation when you are doing your Q's, now you can have a good car and driver (without motivation) and only starting at P20 or lower in which case you can't even get a decent result -> and not motivation gain at all. 250 mot gives you nearly a a second advantage in compairison with someone with no motivation.

That difference forces managers who are aware of the effects of motivation to plan around it.

A driver with 0 motivation is either racing for a poor performing manager... or is a newly signed driver. For a newly signed driver it is possible to push their motivation to 25% of max (motivation in the 60s) immediately after signing them. This is a decision that the manager needs to make.

Reducing motivation's affect on qualification would only penalize those which are properly planning multiple aspects of their package. it would also penalize newly promoted managers. both situations are not good.
Matt Kasar
(Group Amateur - 52)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2094 posted Jul 4th 2017, 09:41:43 (last edited Jul 4th 2017, 09:42:41 by Matt Kasar) Quote 
Im not saying I think you are wrong but then motivation would be largely useless?
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 1)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2095 posted Jul 4th 2017, 09:49:19 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ July 4th 2017,09:39:35 )

That difference forces managers who are aware of the effects of motivation to plan around it.

A driver with 0 motivation is either racing for a poor performing manager... or is a newly signed driver. For a newly signed driver it is possible to push their motivation to 25% of max (motivation in the 60s) immediately after signing them. This is a decision that the manager needs to make.

Reducing motivation's affect on qualification would only penalize those which are properly planning multiple aspects of their package. it would also penalize newly promoted managers. both situations are not good.

Dan i signed a new driver new contract gave him 50 motivation, so either i train him gaining motivation which gives better start positions or i train other parts which make him better and i lose motivation. That is my point.

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ July 4th 2017,09:39:35 )

Im not saying I think you are wrong but then motivation would be largely useless?

I agree but 1 sec. is too much you can still make people gain something out of motivation but why not 0.5 sec.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Amateur - 71)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2096 posted Jul 4th 2017, 10:12:08 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ July 4th 2017,09:49:19 )

Dan i signed a new driver new contract gave him 50 motivation, so either i train him gaining motivation which gives better start positions or i train other parts which make him better and i lose motivation. That is my point.

Your point is that you were forced into making a managerial decision balancing short vs long term gains?

You see that as a bad thing?
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 1)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2097 posted Jul 4th 2017, 10:16:48 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ July 4th 2017,10:12:08 )

Your point is that you were forced into making a managerial decision balancing short vs long term gains?

You see that as a bad thing?

seriously yes as it means choosing between Cholera or Plague.

maybe i am just getting too old and the time to retire has arrived for me
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 30)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2098 posted Jul 4th 2017, 10:22:35 Quote 
Thats just ridiculous.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 30)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2099 posted Jul 4th 2017, 10:22:55 Quote 
You are fun.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #2100 posted Jul 4th 2017, 10:44:07 Quote 
I don't think the second per lap is true. And it has a reasonable effect on OA, so it should have a reasonable effect on something else too.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 69 [7071 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic