Page « 1 2 3 ... 168 [169170 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Daniel Petrucco
(Group Rookie - 123)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5041 posted Jul 16th 2021, 15:53:41 (last edited Jul 16th 2021, 15:54:32 by Daniel Petrucco) Quote 
G'day to y'all,
This is just a idea of mine, but wouldn't it be nice to have more languages available? At the moment, y'know, it's just the European languages, however, for the likes of me, I came from a background in all, where my parents spoke French-Canadian, but the only language which is similar to French-Canad is French itself, so I have to display it in French, y'know? It's not the best suggestion, but I would like it. Thanks.
Krzysztof Woźniak
(Group Amateur - 69)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #5042 posted Jul 16th 2021, 16:50:14 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Petrucco @ July 16th 2021,15:53:41 )

G'day to y'all,
This is just a idea of mine, but wouldn't it be nice to have more languages available? At the moment, y'know, it's just the European languages, however, for the likes of me, I came from a background in all, where my parents spoke French-Canadian, but the only language which is similar to French-Canad is French itself, so I have to display it in French, y'know? It's not the best suggestion, but I would like it. Thanks.

"I'm very smart"
Nikola Brojak
(Group Pro - 8)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5043 posted Jul 16th 2021, 16:51:50 Quote 

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->
<!--No ad requested because of display:none on the adsbygoogle tag-->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

G'day to y'all,

Sure, if you want to contribute to having here more languages, you could help in translating everything. At this moment I only can recommend you the most known international language - Pirate Language Arrrr.
Iain Bartholomew
(Group Amateur - 61)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5044 posted Jul 16th 2021, 16:51:57 Quote 

G'day to y'all,

So far as I know most translations are provided by volunteers. I'm sure if you put one together it would be considered.
Daniel Petrucco
(Group Rookie - 123)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #5045 posted Jul 16th 2021, 19:36:01 Quote 

Quote ( Iain Bartholomew @ July 16th 2021,16:51:57 )

G'day to y'all,

So far as I know most translations are provided by volunteers. I'm sure if you put one together it would be considered.
Quote ( Nikola Brojak @ July 16th 2021,16:51:50 )

&lt;!-- gpro_300x250 --&gt;
&lt;!--No ad requested because of display:none on the adsbygoogle tag--&gt;

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

G'day to y'all,

Sure, if you want to contribute to having here more languages, you could help in translating everything. At this moment I only can recommend you the most known international language - Pirate Language Arrrr.
thanks. The only problem is, who would I be able to send the translation to?
Nikola Brojak
(Group Pro - 8)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5046 posted Jul 16th 2021, 20:57:01 Quote 
@Daniel Petrucco (R123) send it to @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3) or even ask him for the full list of things which need to be translated. :)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 12)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5047 posted Jul 16th 2021, 21:42:48 Quote 
Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ July 16th 2021,15:34:05 )

Well, what is your point? It's the Suggestions forum, so it seems you are suggesting that those names be changed. The dislikes indicate that people don't like that suggestion, probably because people like the many silly names that exist all over the game.

Yes and then he dislikes verybody that has an opinion different to him, nice kind of guy.

Ivan Petrov
(Group Rookie - 52)

North Macedonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5048 posted Jul 17th 2021, 13:45:38 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ July 16th 2021,21:42:48 )

Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ July 16th 2021,15:34:05 )

Yes and then he dislikes verybody that has an opinion different to him, nice kind of guy.

Another grumpy old man,

My dislikes are for the people who are mocking other people who took time and actually gave a proposition about different opinions. Read the chat again granny,

I said that those Ninja classes are silly -
Then you said I need humor :D
The other dude gave me this "propositions" : "Close eyes hittie hard? Sittie down and think a lot?"
And the professor told me I need to focus on the game and not on the design :D

I LOVE THIS FORUM ALREADY

Those are NOT other opinions - those are troll comments.
If you can't say anything nice, or you missed the point - just unplug the keyboard please.
That is why I dislike troll comments.

Aaaand I'm out, peace.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #5049 posted Jul 17th 2021, 13:50:08 Quote 
Those people just told you it was not a good idea without telling you it was not a good idea.

They should have probably just told you it was not a good idea. Would probably be a good idea.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5050 posted Jul 18th 2021, 12:16:09 (last edited Jul 18th 2021, 12:27:42 by Luke Frost) Quote 
In the statsitics area, the stats (links below) should display these things, maybe in a dropdown option, or in a column of the table:

- [stat] in E/M/P/A/R
- [group] with most [stat] (ratio)

This is because there are a lot of players who rack up almost 17 wins, podiums, poles, FLs, hattricks, (etc) in rookie every season (on very easy difficulty) so should be shown as such.

For these stats:

/gb/Stats.asp?type=mostlapsinlead#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=mostwonpositions#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=moststartaccidents#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=hattricks#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=grandchelems#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=lowposwin#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=winsinrow#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=podiumsinrow#scroll
/gb/Stats.asp?type=pointsinrow#scroll

Nothing against the players who have a lot of these stats, but it is much more respectable achieving these things in master or elite than in rookie or amateur, so should be displayed instead of putting the stats next to each other with no other variables shown.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #5051 posted Jul 18th 2021, 13:33:00 Quote 
Very good idea Luke.
It would be nice having this info grouped into, without having to mow through the managerial career list. Since this info is already there, it should be easy enough to group it somewhere.
As you said, there is a extremely large difference between something in Master/Elite as opposed to Rookie/Amateur.
A single point in Master, is worth more/harder than anything you can achieve in Rookie.
A single win in Master, is worth more/harder than anything you can achieve in Amateur.
etc.... and these lists should imo. mirror/show that... at least split the data up into sections with the various levels.

At the very least, it would be pretty nice to have as comparison. (if Vlad has the time)
Personally I would first like to have the "fastest rain lap" on all tracks. :) :)

Peter Peyper
(Group Amateur - 58)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #5052 posted Jul 19th 2021, 12:18:14 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ July 18th 2021,13:33:00 )

Personally I would first like to have the "fastest rain lap" on all tracks. :) :)

Only based on 100% rain affected races, would be nice feature, so we would have 2 rows for each track for Dry & Wet race statistics
Robert Lee
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5053 posted Jul 23rd 2021, 22:17:51 (last edited Jul 23rd 2021, 22:18:52 by Robert Lee) Quote 
Can we amend rule 5.4?

Seems weird that guys still in the negative get cash for top 10 in standings. Should treat them as though they are 40th-ish and move those up who arent getting relegated.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #5054 posted Jul 23rd 2021, 22:20:06 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Lee @ July 23rd 2021,22:17:51 )

Can we amend rule 5.4?

Seems weird that guys still in the negative get cash for top 10 in standings. Should treat them as though they are 40th-ish and move those up who arent getting relegated.

What if these guys would get out of negative balance thanks to that prize?
Robert Lee
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5055 posted Jul 23rd 2021, 22:26:22 Quote 
maybe manage finances better?

im just saying "its an end of season thing, why not put it with all the other end of season things?"
Steven Rose
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5056 posted Jul 23rd 2021, 22:27:35 Quote 
Well they finished there so are entitled to the prize money for that position are they not?
Tymoteusz Wojnarowski
(Group Amateur - 76)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #5057 posted Jul 23rd 2021, 23:40:15 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Lee @ July 23rd 2021,22:26:22 )

im just saying "its an end of season thing, why not put it with all the other end of season things?"

I think using a bit more cash knowing you will get them back in the prizes is a reasonable business plan.
Jens Jäschke
(Group Rookie - 77)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #5058 posted Jul 24th 2021, 00:33:05 Quote 
As it came up in another thread:

It would be nice to have the option to retire/rookie-reset at the end of a season without losing the season's points, i.e. a solution for the situation Jan is currently facing. As I understand it, he wants to retire/reset but doesn't want to lose the points gained for his team, so he is forced to sit around next season doing nothing.
Instead, it would be nice for him to retire immediately, freeing up a spot for another manager that will actually race.

Maybe add some restrictions to eliminate abuse, like "the decision has to be made at least X races before the season ends", similar to how drivers announce their retirement at the end of the season.
Kyle Morris
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5059 posted Jul 25th 2021, 21:25:43 Quote 
I wish the tyre history was in the order it currently is now instead of the first 6 and then the other 3 added at the bottom. Maybe have the original 6 in a way of the new tyres are like a not available or blank or something. Would make comparing easier
Ania Piekarska
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #5060 posted Jul 25th 2021, 21:50:03 Quote 
A simple idea that fixes the comparing part would be to add current season to tyre history.
Felipe Aguiar
(Group Pro - 16)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5061 posted Aug 8th 2021, 19:43:16 Quote 
Rookie is a special place with a few diferent rules like soft reset and no less than 90% race distance monetary penalty, so I would like to propose two more for your consideration:

1: If you end a season with negative balance on rookie you only get the number of races you did counted to your statistics, all other results and achievements are removed during the end of season reset.

This is obviously aimed at correcting years of system abuse and providing a healthier enviroment for newcomers which would be less likelly to encounter long time players that simply stay on rookie season after season ad infinity, depriving the real rookies of a fair chance when first discovering the game.

2: Negation of credit by the GPRO Central Bank so that you cannot do any purchase that would result in you having a negative balance.

This is aimed at ensuring that if you did a good season, you will be promoted and also to incentivise good financial practices that will be required as you advance in the class structure of the game.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 23)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #5062 posted Aug 8th 2021, 19:49:11 Quote 
ad1. great idea. GRTU!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #5063 posted Aug 8th 2021, 21:41:06 Quote 
Quote ( Felipe Aguiar @ August 8th 2021,19:43:16 )

1: If you end a season with negative balance on rookie you only get the number of races you did counted to your statistics,

This is obviously aimed at correcting years of system abuse and providing a healthier enviroment for newcomers which would be less likelly to encounter long time players that simply stay on rookie season after season ad infinity, depriving the real rookies of a fair chance when first discovering the game.

seconded

Jens Jäschke
(Group Rookie - 12)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5064 posted Aug 8th 2021, 22:45:36 Quote 

1: If you end a season with negative balance on rookie you only get the number of races you did counted to your statistics, all other results and achievements are removed during the end of season reset.

Better solution:

If someone finishes in a promotion spot with negative balance twice in a row, they get moved to a special Super-Rookie group, filled only with those people.
One season can happen, if you train a new driver and prepare for your promotion push next season and is already punished with the 200k penalty (Rule 7.2). Two seasons in a row is seal clubbing and they need to be removed from the real rookies.

2: Negation of credit by the GPRO Central Bank so that you cannot do any purchase that would result in you having a negative balance.

This is aimed at ensuring that if you did a good season, you will be promoted and also to incentivise good financial practices that will be required as you advance in the class structure of the game.

No. Deliberately going into negative to cause certain effects is a valid tactic. Going negative already has enough drawbacks to discourage managers from doing so outside of specific circumstances.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Pro - 21)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5065 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:18:39 (last edited Aug 9th 2021, 16:21:12 by Marcelo Ascencio) Quote 
I was always of the idea of preventing experienced managers the access to Rookie, since Rookie should be just for the beginners and if you've done 20 seasons you have an unfair advantage over the new players.
If you had a bad season in amateur, you should start really bad in amateur again, and work your way up from there, not go back to Rookie and ruin somebody's new experience

Now there are managers with super-tools going to rookie to play brand new managers. how is that fair?
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #5066 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:31:52 Quote 
Agree. There should be a slight adjustment to the way rookie groups are structured where genuine new players fall under one category and race against each other, and then experienced players who have previously promoted from/won in rookie get sorted into another section.

This would greatly enhance the experience of genuinely new players because they will have an actual chance to dominate their group if they learn enough things, and if this creates more enthusiasm for these guys coming up to amateur and above, the whole game will get better as an effect of such a change.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5067 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:36:14 (last edited Aug 9th 2021, 16:42:33 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ August 8th 2021,22:45:36 )

Better solution:

If someone finishes in a promotion spot with negative balance twice in a row, they get moved to a special Super-Rookie group, filled only with those people.
One season can happen, if you train a new driver and prepare for your promotion push next season and is already punished with the 200k penalty (Rule 7.2). Two seasons in a row is seal clubbing and they need to be removed from the real rookies.

Another option: IF multiple seasons "seal clubbing", make the penalty "stacked" by adding previous seasons penalty with the current one.

Season Group points "penalty" new penalty previous with 50%
80 R-130 130 16,000,000 S79+80 28,600,000 22,300,000
79 R-130 113 12,600,000 S78+79 25,600,000 19,100,000
78 R-130 115 13,000,000

Try clubbing the seals now :)

And IF that seems harsh, the previous seasons penalty could be halved before adding to current one

The current method doesn't really do anything, because every season is finished with -$30,000,000, so it doesn't really matter if there is 10-16 Million missing from the start budget, they still have ~15,000,000 extra to play with

Felipe Aguiar
(Group Pro - 16)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5068 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:43:49 Quote 
I think to get the best outcome on this issue would be to:

1: No records on seasons ending with negative balance on rookie;
2: Organize Rookie groups by races done so more experienced players race against guys with about the same number of races in the curriculum;
3: Determination of a special Rookie group for ultra experienced/successful managers.
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5069 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:52:34 (last edited Aug 9th 2021, 16:54:21 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Problem is it's hard to prevent players from relegating to Rookie based on experience alone, cos some players are still not comfortable enough at Amateur level to be able to take some sort of penalty and remain in Amateur. It could just start a cycle of misery for some of the less confident players where they struggle to "retain" every season and can never get their package back on track. Might just make some players leave tbh.

I actually like the thought of keeping experienced players out of Rookie, and I hate the fact that resetting or relegating players can lose all their staff untrainables. So if I were to make a suggestion, it would be:

For all managers with 100+ races above Rookie level, upon finishing an Amateur season in a relegating position (after negatives/retirees), managers lose their driver, all facilities, all sponsors and sponsor progress, and lose 10 each of Staff EXP and Staff Tech (down to a minimum level of 10).
They then start the new season in the same Amateur group with $30million (+$5million for starting every race last season), a random driver between 85-100 OA with a 3-race contract and NO compensation fee upon swapping them, a full fresh level 3 car, a 10-race $1million sponsor, and 10 in each trainable staff skill.

For all managers with 100+ races above rookie, after retiring/resetting their account, managers lose their driver, all facilities, all sponsors and sponsor progress, and lose half each of Staff EXP and Staff Tech (down to a minimum level of 10).
Upon reactivating their accounts, they start the new season in an Amateur group with the same things listed above for "relegators".

That would be the most ideal imo. But I haven't a clue how you would actually get that to work. To deny relegations to Rookie creates an even greater imbalance between the populations of the tiers than there currently is. Eventually it could get the point where you're relying on lots of retirees per season to stop Amateur overflowing, but even before that the competition in Rookie will get very stale very quickly. Perhaps the Amateur bloating could be solved with "addtional relegations" where the least experienced Amateurs in relegation zones who meet the above requirements can actually be relegated back to Rookie (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But it would no doubt leave Rookie very empty.
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #5070 posted Aug 9th 2021, 16:55:33 (last edited Aug 9th 2021, 16:55:50 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Haha Mikko is a programming robot. It's true. 😀 every "if" has to be capitalised, even at the pub. :D
Page « 1 2 3 ... 168 [169170 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic