Page « 1 2 3 [45 ... 136 137 138 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Euro 2012 4118 replies
Mateusz Zaborny
(Group Rookie - 60)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #90 posted May 29th 2012, 14:57:42 (last edited Jan 3rd 2014, 15:38:09 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
***poof*** BBC.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 3)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #91 posted May 29th 2012, 14:58:33 (last edited May 29th 2012, 14:58:43 by Mairo Toom) Quote 
Quote ( Doru Ionut Paraschiv @ May 29th 2012,14:28:02 )

The Final: Germany - Spain.....3-2:P

As long the winner will be who you told, I don't care about the score :D
Adam Takacs
(Group Amateur - 46)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #92 posted May 29th 2012, 15:06:26 Quote 
Go Italy, Go Balotelli! :)
Imre Balog
(Group Rookie - 123)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #93 posted May 29th 2012, 15:18:09 Quote 
I think someone between spain or germany... my fav is spain: the probleme is that they lost villa and puyol, 2 of the best from the last WC ... germany is a very random team, if they play well they will easily win the comptetiotion.
But also it could be many surprises (like in 2004-Greece win)
Iveta Lazdāne
(Group Rookie - 337)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #94 posted May 29th 2012, 15:26:31 Quote 
Quote ( Adam Takacs @ May 29th 2012,15:06:26 )

Go Italy, Go Balotelli! :)

Go Buffon :)
Maciej Zaleski
(Group Rookie - 36)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #95 posted May 29th 2012, 16:03:31 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ May 29th 2012,13:12:29 )

Oh Moses smell the roses Mateusz you can't deny the fact that at the moment Polish supporters have a terrible reputation, this said i also know that it is only a minority but as always they ruin it for everyone and yes i know what i talk about.

If a TV crew from Poland went to any other European country they would come back with a similar material. The problem is that BBC Panorama didn't bother to show a wider display. They followed a stereotype that Eastern Europe is full of racist and antisemits. They came to Poland looking for the slightest display of racism, then they massively exaggerated it and generalized for the whole nation. Earlier today when I was coming back from University I watched this on youtube and I was like what the heck? Is this the country I've lived in for 22 years? I don't think so. Sol Campbell said what he said, it was highly inappropriate but it was his natural reaction to what he was shown. I don't blame him for that, I blame BBC reporter for such a manipulation. It's really sad for me that my beloved country is shown that way. As far as I know, Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has sent a rectification to BBC. Guys from the UK, can you please inform me if BBC says anything about that today or tomorrow?

Now, I know that it's not the same, because it's volleyball etc. but take a look at that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSpEBBwkpPc

This is Polish National Anthem sung by over 10 000 fans, acapella. Tell me, has any of you, whatever European country you're from, been to a match where fans sang national anthem acapella, like that? This is what you're going to get at Euro 2012, beautiful display of fans cheering for their team and their nation. See you in Poland!
Diogo Afonso
(Group Rookie - 241)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #96 posted May 29th 2012, 16:07:41 Quote 
Portugal will win Euro cup 2012...

its going to be one amasing Euro 2012 tournament
Fernando Fernandes
(Group Rookie - 232)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #97 posted May 29th 2012, 16:23:21 (last edited May 29th 2012, 16:24:16 by Fernando Fernandes) Quote 
Quote ( Maciej Zaleski @ May 29th 2012,16:03:31 )

Tell me, has any of you, whatever European country you're from, been to a match where fans sang national anthem acapella, like that?

No desregarding for any National Anthem, specially for Poland´s as it is the one in the video but... since ours is considered one of the top 10 most beatifull in the world.. give you a small sample of 65.000 people singing. And yes, Euro 2012 will be an awesome event in Poland aswell as in Ukraine!

http://youtu.be/qkasXuGQMZU
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 3)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #98 posted May 29th 2012, 16:26:41 Quote 
Quote ( Diogo Afonso @ May 29th 2012,16:07:41 )

Portugal will win Euro cup 2012...

Disagree.

Quote ( Diogo Afonso @ May 29th 2012,16:07:41 )

its going to be one amasing Euro 2012 tournament

Agree according to pre-tournament friendlies.
Sachin Checker
(Group Rookie - 253)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #99 posted May 29th 2012, 17:47:10 Quote 
My top 3 are Spain, Germany & Holland. The problem with Spain will be their attack, without Villa they look short of a world class forward (yea, Torres is not going to do anything)

Germans looks the strongest of the lot, Spain Vs Germany in the finals
Wopke Hoekstra
(Group Amateur - 15)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #100 posted May 29th 2012, 17:51:01 Quote 
I can't believe people are still actually thinking Holland will do well at the Euro 2012... They are playing like a bunch of elderly with bingo cards
Mateusz Steć
(Group Amateur - 53)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #101 posted May 29th 2012, 17:52:35 Quote 
Where is Poland?
Abhishek Kankonkar
(Group Rookie - 168)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #102 posted May 29th 2012, 17:53:26 Quote 
I am big fan of Spain team, but i think France will win this time......
Steven Tindle
(Group Rookie - 246)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #103 posted May 29th 2012, 17:56:16 (last edited Jan 3rd 2014, 15:38:04 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
Quote ( Mateusz Zaborny @ May 29th 2012,14:57:42 )

***poof*** BBC.

You're angry at a media company that has made the reasons the Euro's shouldn't have been placed in Poland & Ukraine obvious. It may be considered a small group that causes all the trouble but I would be surprised if something didn't happen to a foreign group of fans or player.

Quote ( Sachin Checker @ May 29th 2012,17:47:10 )

Spain Vs Germany in the finals

Only possible if one wins their group and the other comes 2nd, pretty much not going to happen.
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 45)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #104 posted May 29th 2012, 17:57:24 (last edited May 29th 2012, 17:58:46 by Jimmy De Roy) Quote 

If a TV crew from Poland went to any other European country they would come back with a similar material. The problem is that BBC Panorama didn't bother to show a wider display. They followed a stereotype that Eastern Europe is full of racist and antisemits. They came to Poland looking for the slightest display of racism, then they massively exaggerated it and generalized for the whole nation. Earlier today when I was coming back from University I watched this on youtube and I was like what the heck? Is this the country I've lived in for 22 years? I don't think so. Sol Campbell said what he said, it was highly inappropriate but it was his natural reaction to what he was shown. I don't blame him for that, I blame BBC reporter for such a manipulation. It's really sad for me that my beloved country is shown that way. As far as I know, Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has sent a rectification to BBC. Guys from the UK, can you please inform me if BBC says anything about that today or tomorrow?

True but a minority kills it for the majority that is the sad but simple truth about football violence. i went a few times with my team in the early 90-ies and i can guarentee in the end it is only a group of about 50-100 and a few 100 followers who run from the scene if something happens.

So i can tell you know 100% sure that bad things will happen during euro 2012
Mateusz Zaborny
(Group Rookie - 60)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #105 posted May 29th 2012, 18:02:28 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Tindle @ May 29th 2012,17:56:16 )

You're angry at a media company that has made the reasons the Euro's shouldn't have been placed in Poland & Ukraine obvious.
nope, i'm angry because they've focused on a small polish group of fans and everyone who watched it has a false opinion about polish people - just look what Jordan said.
Maicon Fierz
(Group Rookie - 279)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #106 posted May 29th 2012, 18:08:18 Quote 
Holland :D
Michał Kubski
(Group Retired)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #107 posted May 29th 2012, 18:17:52 (last edited May 29th 2012, 18:18:59 by Michał Kubski) Quote 
Early 90s is a looooong time ago, especially in Eastern Europe.

If anything, Euro should prove exceptionally safe, club ultras and national team supporters are two different worlds, I'd say latter have excellent reputation, and you won't be seeing any of the club ultras during the tournament, certainly not in the stadium, since there was a lottery for the tickets. Moreover, tournament like this seems to be 'not worthy' of 'real supporters' like those twats like to call themselves and will most likely be boycotted (umm... okay!) by them.

Still, it aches me deeply to see respected TV stations and news portals treat the whole nation as some third-world country because of some animals who are non-existent among national team supporters and should be nobodies during the tournament, since they're only strong in large groups. Especially if the critique comes from UK, still judging as if it was a utopia compared to all the other countries.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Group Master - 2)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #108 posted May 29th 2012, 18:18:28 Quote 
Germany FTW!
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 45)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #109 posted May 29th 2012, 18:33:53 (last edited May 29th 2012, 18:34:40 by Jimmy De Roy) Quote 
Quote ( Michał Kubski @ May 29th 2012,18:17:52 )

Still, it aches me deeply to see respected TV stations and news portals treat the whole nation as some third-world country because of some animals who are non-existent among national team supporters and should be nobodies during the tournament, since they're only strong in large groups. Especially if the critique comes from UK, still judging as if it was a utopia compared to all the other countries.

Isn't that what always happens? Everybody believes that other nationalities and their countries are bad because some don't behave and therefor all of those are bad. I will give you an example and hope not to offend anyone. Let's Poland has 50000 immigrants from Belgium out of those 50000 500 behave bad (fighting, killing, robbery etc.) well i can guarantee you that 90% of polish people want all of those belgians out.

It only takes 1 idiot to declare every person from that nation a criminal
Saša Rosić
(Group Pro - 1)

Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Certified: 
Old post #110 posted May 29th 2012, 18:39:53 Quote 

If anything, Euro should prove exceptionally safe, club ultras and national team supporters are two different worlds, I'd say latter have excellent reputation, and you won't be seeing any of the club ultras during the tournament, certainly not in the stadium, since there was a lottery for the tickets. Moreover, tournament like this seems to be 'not worthy' of 'real supporters' like those twats like to call themselves and will most likely be boycotted (umm... okay!) by them.

i agree with this, i'm pretty familiar with hooligans on the Balkans, they are very notorious and always make trouble when their team plays (both national and european games). however, i don't remember a single incident that involved when any of the ex-yugoslavian countries played a big championship simply because it's not the same type of supporters that watch the game
Maciej Zaleski
(Group Rookie - 36)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #111 posted May 29th 2012, 18:40:48 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Tindle @ May 29th 2012,17:56:16 )

You're angry at a media company that has made the reasons the Euro's shouldn't have been placed in Poland & Ukraine obvious. It may be considered a small group that causes all the trouble but I would be surprised if something didn't happen to a foreign group of fans or player.

Okay, I'm gonna to the UK, interview few people, cut some nice videos on youtube from last year's riots in London and then show it to people telling them not to go to London to watch Olympics because "they might come back in coffins". Karma, huh?

And I'm going to "make the reasons Olympics shouldn't have been placed in London obvious".

@Jimmy
Comparing Poland from early 90's to nowadays is like comparing middle ages to 21st century
Chinmay Dhopate
(Group Master - 2)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #112 posted May 29th 2012, 18:42:37 Quote 

I came across an article about this written by a half-Nigerian, half Polish immigrant to Poland... http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/21/euro-201...

It seems like it provides a more or less complete picture? Atleast it seemed balanced to me.

And, fyi, Poland is not getting even 1/10th of the hate Ukraine is currently getting...
Alex Stapleton
(Group Rookie - 243)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #113 posted May 29th 2012, 18:44:20 Quote 

If anything, Euro should prove exceptionally safe, club ultras and national team supporters are two different worlds,

Please tell me you saw the Italy - Serbia match in Genova which had to be called off due to the ultras?
I saw the documentary too, I do believe that panorama does tend to be biased in most episodes and this is no different. I do believe that the situation is worse in Ukraine from the footage shown and I hope that these minorities stick to club football.
Steven Tindle
(Group Rookie - 246)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #114 posted May 29th 2012, 18:45:15 (last edited May 29th 2012, 18:48:10 by Steven Tindle) Quote 
Their is barely any fan violence to the extent it happens in Poland/Ukraine. The last time something major happened was Millwall vs West Ham, nothing else has hit the headlines since whereas it seems to happen all the time in those two countries so how can you say the BBC isn't right to show what is happening?

A month or two ago there was an article in The Sun where a group had been interviewed in Ukraine saying they were going to kill English fans and target anyone of a different ethnicity. Small groups do have an effect on someone's opinion which is why the idea of Boycotting the whole tournament came about.
Michał Kubski
(Group Retired)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #115 posted May 29th 2012, 18:52:23 Quote 
Quote ( Alex Stapleton @ May 29th 2012,18:44:20 )

Please tell me you saw the Italy - Serbia match in Genova which had to be called off due to the ultras?

From what I can gather, it's because of Red Star Belgrade ultras who attended the match to specifically protest against some... thing + ?send a message? to one of the players who transferred to arch rivals - Partizan.

Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ May 29th 2012,18:42:37 )

And, fyi, Poland is not getting even 1/10th of the hate Ukraine is currently getting...

Sure, but for some it's the same thing, who cares! Oh, there we go:

Quote ( Steven Tindle @ May 29th 2012,18:45:15 )

whereas it seems to happen all the time in those two countries

Does it now?
Maciej Zaleski
(Group Rookie - 36)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #116 posted May 29th 2012, 19:04:59 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Tindle @ May 29th 2012,18:45:15 )

whereas it seems to happen all the time in those two countries so how can you say the BBC isn't right to show what is happening?

By this statement you have openely admitted that you're being manipulated by media. Don't you see that they wanted you to think like that after you've watched it? Seriously, incidents in Poland shown in this documentary were exaggerated so much, that you think we throw bananas at non-caucasian on the street, every day. I'm not denying that there weren't incidents but like you, I can't even remember a single newspaper headline about that this year.

I live in Wrocław, a city of many renowned universities. There are a lot of students from Middle East, Africa, even India and I have never, ever seen or heard any of them being a victim of racism.
Janne Väänänen
(Group Elite)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #117 posted May 29th 2012, 19:12:00 Quote 
lol now I know why all* english are stupid, it's because they take everything their media says as gospel.

* note the sarcasm.
Fernando Fernandes
(Group Rookie - 232)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #118 posted May 29th 2012, 19:17:38 Quote 
All this is easily solved as it was on Euro 2004 at Portugal. Secret services had a gigantic list of names who were not supposed to enter the country. Result: in the first days of supporters arrival more than 1.000 were sent back home. And more thousands had the same pointed way until the event started and finished. Outcome... a single incident that i recall with some drunk group at Algarve easily solved by the Police.

If Poland/Ukraine police departments have done their job then nothing relevant will surely happen.
Steven Tindle
(Group Rookie - 246)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #119 posted May 29th 2012, 19:30:50 Quote 
Quote ( Maciej Zaleski @ May 29th 2012,19:04:59 )

By this statement you have openely admitted that you're being manipulated by media.

For me to get manipulated by the media isn't an easy thing, I haven't even seen the documentary I'm basing my opinion on what reports have been released in the past about the Ultras and their 'apparent personal' views which I should be taking with a pinch of salt...
Page « 1 2 3 [45 ... 136 137 138 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic