Page « 1 2 3 ... 40 [4142 43 44 45 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Amateur - 67 1344 replies
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1201 posted Oct 15th 2021, 04:54:10 (last edited Oct 15th 2021, 05:02:31 by Roy Mitchell) Quote 
If anyone is willing I could feature an interview with a manager. Something simple like 'Why you are still playing?' hahaaa

Seriously, a few questions about your Gpro plans or maybe you do something interesting outside of playing Gpro. We all have some kind of life outside... well, maybe you do?

Content... we would agree to and you get to edit before I post. I would work around any language difficulties that may arise. I did this a few seasons back and it was fun and interesting. Get know some of the people in our group.

Maybe some old farts who have been around forever would have some war stories they would like to share. No one else wants to hear them... here is your chance. lol

Are you a wide eyed newish Rookie who wants to confirm he's not amongst the lions? Step out from the shadows mate. Only teams eat their young!

Maybe you are a real life motorsport driver. We would love to hear about that or your karting adventures. You get the picture.

Contact me by PM and we can talk:)

edit: I'm a retired 'old fart', married 41 years and 2 grown kids. Have the best dog ever, Doobie is a rescue and the finest dog I have ever cared for. Too old and too stubborn to give up on this addiction called Gpro.

Your turn?
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1202 posted Oct 15th 2021, 17:27:37 Quote 
The starting grid is nearly complete, as of this writing 2543 Amateur managers have qualified. Let's see what Amateur - 67 has for Jerez.

Another Pole position and 5th of all Amateur managers is Team Mendes. Can they turn this pole into a Win?

Second on the grid and 8th of all Amateur managers is Team Cerbaro. They held nothing back in qualifying and are only 0.261s adrift of 1st place.

Third place is Team Glamm with an excellent qualifying session. Although, they are more than 2.2s back, it should be noted that the harder tire compounds may have a big advantage with these temperatures.

Qualifying in Fourth place, their best of the season, is Team Pustina. They appear ready to score big points, this time.

Fifth on the grid is Team Pasquini and Sixth is Team Kirst. Both are anxious to score points and get some breathing space from the other. It's a tight one, folks.

Seventh place is another team that is ready to pounce, Team Stieger. They finished just out of the points in Estoril and will be working hard to improve this race.

In Eighth place is a veteran of Amateur - 67 Team Snyder. With their best grid start position of the season, will they turn that into a points finish?

Some interesting match ups and some fast racing is awaiting. So, grab your boots, keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the black stuff. Good luck. 😎

Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1203 posted Oct 16th 2021, 22:57:52 Quote 
Breaking news… the paddock is talking about Team Mendes. After more than five seasons of competitive racing, Koudai Kato and the team have called it quits. We do not have the details, but it is speculated that they could not come to an agreement on contract terms.

Team Mendes are on Top of the Group Over-All now with an 11-point cushion. However, losing their driver in mid-season may drag on that ambition. Still, promotion to play for with the largest bank roll of the group.

This will shake up the grid but more so after Race 7. Team Cerbaro in 2nd place Over-All are in negotiations with a stubborn driver. Will this lead to a driver change in Team Cerbaro?

Promotion places would be extended to 7th and maybe even 8th place teams having a possibility of scoring a promotion spot, should Team Cerbaro lose their driver as well. The season is heating up with unexpected events making the future cloudy. It promises to be exciting!

Grab your running shoes, keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the black stuff. 😎
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1204 posted Oct 18th 2021, 21:55:59 Quote 
Strange race wings, chassis and sidepods at 100% at the end of the race and I haven't smoked, mistery of GPRO, here I am I'm 52, I live in Italy near Milano and the Como's Lake, I work with people with handicap and in my free time I play drums, I'm married, but I have no children
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1205 posted Oct 19th 2021, 07:29:11 (last edited Oct 19th 2021, 07:34:06 by Roy Mitchell) Quote 
Thank you for sharing Alberto. :)

Myself, I am 74 years old, have 2 grown children. I have a great companion, Doobie, my dog. Loving and loyal, would not a give a spit if you broke into my house. lol I don't care, he's the best dog I have ever cared for.

My wonderful and patient wife of nearly 41 years and I are mostly at home. She is working at home (too frigging much) I'm retreaded into the 'cook and bottle washer' and don't have many concerns. I realise that we are fortunate, even in my own country and I am thankful.

I play this silly game for ten years (?) can't get past Amateur level. I've gained some Excel knowledge, not enough, that has been part of the reason I continue to play.

I am a 'poster boy' for the definition of 'insane'. I do the SAME thing over again and over again expecting a different outcome. I'm also competitive and stubborn.

Expectations are to stay in Amateur for 2 seasons more and perhaps have a run at promotion. Losing my driver in 6 races and have no plans beyond that decision. That has been my most difficult area of playing, frigging drivers.

Note: This is really all that I had in mind for 'forum chat'. As I said , if you were interested, we can talk about what you might want to post and what may not be appropriate. Definitely nothing that would be personal or could be misunderstood.

I have started races with 3 and up to 5 parts wear (R16 - R17) at 100% and like you I did not smoke in the race. It depends on the part and more. We can go into that if you want to PM. Just remember you are talking to a manager that does not do very well at this game. I do know enough to be dangerous! lol

Edit: I would be glad to 'talk' with anyone about the game. I don't really give a spit if you can be better than me. It's the comraderies and friendship that are more important.

Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1206 posted Oct 19th 2021, 15:26:58 (last edited Oct 19th 2021, 15:27:43 by Alan Snyder) Quote 
Happy race day, Ama-67 friends. I began racing GPRO, in 2011, after I had searched the web for a decent NASCAR fantasy game, and found the GPRO link. I thought, "F1? Those elite European open-wheelers? Well, the site does look interesting. I'll give it a shot." Ten years later, I'm still not a great manager, but I still love the game and the community. I've been with =Epic Racing=, since Season 28.

I'm a 58yo father of five, a grandfather of 2, and am divorced but currently in a pleasant relationship with a lovely former world-class equestrian event rider. I was raised in Kentucky USA, but have lived most of my life in West Virginia USA. I graduated from Marshall University (We Are... Marshall!!), in 1990, and have worked as a Geologist for 30 years. I worked nine years in environmental remediation, and now 21 years in coal mine permitting for the state of WV. I am eligible for full retirement, in June 2022. I may or may not retire.

I love all forms of auto racing. But, NASCAR has been my passion since 1979 when I watched the Daytona 500 and discovered that Darrell Waltrip is from my hometown.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1207 posted Oct 21st 2021, 22:29:53 Quote 
Welcome to Season 84 Gpro racing in Austin, USA. Hot and humid is the order of the day. The weather is threatening to pour any minute. Strategy is difficult with these types of forecasts and is referred to as a ‘lottery race’. A fitting description for this race.

Congratulations to the Podium in Grobnik.
Race Winner! Team Cerbaro with 38 points and a solid 3rd place OverAll.

Team Glamm finished in 2nd place with 41 points and holds 2nd OverAll only 3 points off 1st.

The 3rd place on the Podium, was scored by Team Pustina with 19 points, improving 4 places from their grid position.

Finishing in 4th place was Team Pasquini with 21 points, holding on to 4th OverAll by one point.

Our current Group leader Team Mendes, stumbled with their new driver but are still in Top spot with 44 points.
The tension continues to rise. We have a good run at the front of the field. Can Team Mendes hold back the charging Team Glamm?

With Team Cerbaro (38 points ) vs Team Glamm (41 points), both teams are pushing to the limit. Will the weather during the race affect the outcome?

A 'crowd' has formed for the 4th place OverAll.
Team Pasquini (21 points) overtook Team Kirst for 4th place OverAll. Will Team Pasquini withstand the challenge from the two teams so close behind?

Team Kirst (20 points) from 5th OverAll is just waiting for the opportunity to regain 4th place. Will they overcome the relatively poor results of Grobnik and score to escape the ‘crowd’?

Sixth OverAll is Team Pustina with (19 points), one point adrift of 5th place standing. Grobnik was the best outing of the season for Team Pustina finishing in 3rd place. Can they continue and pressure the teams ahead?

Just to summarize, First OverAll is up for grabs with 3 points between 1st and 2nd place, closely followed by 3rd place a further 3 points behind.

Three points covers the 4th to 6th positions OverAll. We could see a change of positions in the top 3 and the next three positions. A timely ‘lottery race’ to spice up the works.

Time to grab your slippers and a drink or what ever floats your boat, keep the pedal to the metal and rubber on the black stuff. 😎

Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1208 posted Oct 22nd 2021, 22:06:10 Quote 
everyone pitted at lap 52 , what happened?
Pablo Alejo Herrero Lamuedra
(Group Amateur - 67)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #1209 posted Oct 22nd 2021, 22:21:41 Quote 
The rain stoped
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1210 posted Oct 23rd 2021, 12:18:48 Quote 
ok when I was watching the race I didn't notice about that, I've finished the fuel in the same lap the weather changed... Good idea to start with rain tyres, you deserved more than the 9th place
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1211 posted Nov 2nd 2021, 17:31:21 Quote 
Here we are in the second half of the season. It's been a roller coaster ride so far. I have lost track of the number of group lead changes we have taken.

to summarize the top spots as we head into Race 10, Buenos Aires.

First place Team Glamm with 59 points. The result of scoring in all, but one race this season. They look ready to continue their winning ways.

In Second place Team Mendes with 44 points. It appears that the loss of their driver, earlier in the season, has become a hardship.

Third place is Team Kirst also with 44 points and in a mid-season move to challenge for the Top spot.

Fourth place is Team Cerbaro with 38 points, prepared to fight for third overall.

Fifth place in the group OverAll is Team Pustina with 33 points. They are having a nice season and could come into the promotion fight later.

Sixth place OverAll is Team Pasquini with 32 points. This team has quietly slipped up to join the fight at the pointy end of the grid. More than 10 points clear of Seventh place and a strong package... could take it all. Nice campaign sir. :)

It has cooled off a lot here in Ottawa during the past week, I need to find my winter boots. 🙄

Good luck to all. Keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the black stuff. 😎

Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1212 posted Nov 3rd 2021, 20:28:37 Quote 
It takes too long to win again, my target was a podium, the win is a great gift :)
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1213 posted Nov 3rd 2021, 21:33:59 Quote 
Big congratulations, mate. Nice to see you get there. Now we try to do it again and again... hahaha

Congratulations to the Podium, some nice racing up front.
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1214 posted Nov 3rd 2021, 22:41:02 Quote 
Money money money.. that's what i want ah ah ah bremgarter is another favorite races, maybe I will try there

Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1215 posted Nov 10th 2021, 22:56:47 Quote 
My GPRO race team is looking to sign a new manager, to replace an AWOL manager. Anyone interested PM me. :D
Sharon Ancho
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1216 posted Nov 28th 2021, 13:36:25 Quote 
happy new season everyone .
so excited ( new track ) no tools available .
good to see , how much I have learned so far .
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1217 posted Nov 28th 2021, 22:17:37 Quote 
Haooy new season :)
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1218 posted Nov 29th 2021, 01:46:29 Quote 
Happy new season in Gpro Ama 67. I've just got here so I need to look around and see who we have as competitors this season. Glad to see a few old friends and some new faces.

Welcome to one of the happier groups, I think, and good luck.

Keep the pedal to the metal. 😎

C'ya... later
Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1219 posted Nov 29th 2021, 15:17:28 Quote 
Good luck, in Season 85, everyone.

I don't expect to be a threat to win the group, but I'll likely be a top10 car.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1220 posted Dec 1st 2021, 01:33:20 Quote 
Always good to have a plan :)
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1221 posted Dec 3rd 2021, 19:21:37 Quote 
Lorenzo you bought your car from NASA? I didn't remember such a gap from 1st and 2nd ....... 7.4 second
Lorenzo Di Buono
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1222 posted Dec 3rd 2021, 21:13:12 (last edited Dec 3rd 2021, 21:14:56 by Lorenzo Di Buono) Quote 
Hehe yeah Nasa sent me some parts made explicitly for this track, but they said I will be slow from the second race ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1223 posted Dec 4th 2021, 19:26:39 Quote 
Good race mate ... My race was awful, Nasa send me the wrong parts ah ah ah
Antony Bers
(Group Amateur - 67)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #1224 posted Dec 4th 2021, 21:28:00 Quote 
Hello my friends.
There are rumors that Lorenzo bought the car from the mask, so he does not need to refuel, and his tires and parts do not wear out because he has a jet engine and does not hurt, but flies along the highway).
Му name Antony, I'm from Russia. Yesterday was my 36th birthday. I play in gpro for the first year, from the first season I went to amateurs, in the second I managed to stay miraculously, this is the fourth season for me, I plan to start tests and save money for a car that will be able to wear glasses)
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1225 posted Dec 5th 2021, 06:16:57 (last edited Dec 5th 2021, 06:20:02 by Roy Mitchell) Quote 
Hello and welcome to season 85 Amateur 67.

Nice to hear from you Antony, I look forward to on-track competition with you and Alberto. Lorenzo is on another track for now. Maybe later, we can play together. :)

I had no idea how I would perform on Jeddah, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. lol Soft 2 stop was the ticket. I had 1 lap of 6% tire or 1% fuel left in each stint so I maxed the strategy to the limit.

I will be back after race 2 to see where we are and to report 'news' and standings. Good luck in Irungattukottai. (I love spelling that from memory, feels like I achieved something lol)

I'm here to prepare for next season promotion ha ha ha ha ha

Until then... keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the black stuff. 😎
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1226 posted Dec 5th 2021, 10:01:41 Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QcJc-aAOc I share with you a silly song of mine
Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1227 posted Dec 6th 2021, 14:52:34 Quote 
Broken suspension, just as I entered the pits and crossed the start/finish line. Pit crew didn't make repairs until I came back around. SMH. Disappointing start the season, but driver did come back from P34 to finish P19. I was set for a Medium Tyre/2-stop race.
Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 67)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1228 posted Dec 6th 2021, 17:10:25 Quote 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ December 5th 2021,06:16:57 )

Good luck in Irungattukottai. (I love spelling that from memory, feels like I achieved something lol)

Me too. LoL
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1229 posted Dec 6th 2021, 17:47:20 Quote 
@Alberto Villa (A67) Awesome, Alberto.

I found it fascinating that you can do that 5 & 6 videos synchronised like that. Nice job. :) Looks like you had fun, too. lol
Alberto Villa
(Group Amateur - 67)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1230 posted Dec 6th 2021, 19:38:33 Quote 
yeah but how hard it was to synchronize all video, expecially the keyboards, I had the sound in my headphones and the sound that coming in the camera was only my finger's taping...
About the Jeddah race, I hoped three stops were the good choice, but it didn't work well, the extra pit in the end was a wrong bet on the fuel

Page « 1 2 3 ... 40 [4142 43 44 45 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic