Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Supporter credits: Races left Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [3 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Supporter credits: Races left 73 replies
Jim Sikma
(Group Pro - 15)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Dec 13th 2013, 01:36:13 Quote 
Thanks. I assume that also lets me count towards the 6 supporters needed to keep team forums until that second race completes?

Eric Rohli
(Group Amateur - 82)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Dec 13th 2013, 01:40:07 Quote 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ December 13th 2013,01:36:13 )

I assume that also lets me count towards the 6 supporters needed to keep team forums until that second race completes?

Not sure about that, though it seems like my supporter status must have switched off some time during the post-race update (but before the race analysis saved). I think that would mean that the forum is open through the second race.
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted Dec 13th 2013, 04:48:21 Quote 
I can now sleep at night knowing how many races I have left.
Martin Pellicelli
(Group Master - 1)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Dec 13th 2013, 04:53:03 Quote 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ December 13th 2013,04:48:21 )

I can now sleep at night knowing how many races I have left.

Hooo now I understand why you was so stressed recently
Peter Franklin
(Group Rookie - 3)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Feb 15th 2019, 08:05:12 Quote 
Okay, just a quick question, but when I first read joined tester after a nice long break, I had 40 races worth or credits left, now all off a sudden it's 36 or 37????
Now I don't really care, but why has this happened? I didn't buy any replays or anything, just got a new driver, and blew my budget to dump his mojo? What have I missed, slot I know! But can anyone help??
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #66 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:06:11 (last edited Feb 15th 2019, 09:07:23 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Peter Franklin @ February 15th 2019,08:05:12 )

Okay, just a quick question, but when I first read joined tester after a nice long break, I had 40 races worth or credits left, now all off a sudden it's 36 or 37????
Now I don't really care, but why has this happened? I didn't buy any replays or anything, just got a new driver, and blew my budget to dump his mojo? What have I missed, slot I know! But can anyone help??

Fairly simple: As supporter you get lots of features not just races data stuff, such as mailbox and extended lists etc.

So even when you don't race, a minor fee is deducted from your account.

IIRC it's something like 0,05
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Pro - 21)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:10:03 Quote 
Is that the case, Mikko?

Cause it's not stated/listed anywhere, which is a bit dodgy:
https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Supporter_Status
/gb/GPROSupporter.asp

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Amateur - 6)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:20:22 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 15th 2019,09:10:03 )

Is that the case, Mikko?

https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Supporter_Status
/gb/GPROSupporter.asp

The page you linked is outdated it is 0.5 credits per race

And you are right I cpuld not find where it says

And it os 0.01 credits per race.

He was awaya for 11 seasons roughy 187 race or 1.87 credits which is 4 races that he us missing
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:20:37 (last edited Feb 15th 2019, 09:38:28 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

Is that the case, Mikko?

Yes it is.

IF there was no "fee" for those non-race related supporter features, one could remain supporter indefinitely (for free) while not racing while enjoying the features, so the fee is righteous.

I do remember a mention about it somewhere, but can't remember where... So you may be correct that an oversight might have occurred if it's not documented in an obvious place.

@Peter: see /SupporterCreditsHistory.asp The answer should lie there
William Durant
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:21:50 Quote 
Your link says 'Each Race €0.4 will be deducted from your balance'
I am being charged €0.5? Needs updating or we are due refunds :)

I also recall reading about a small charge per race but cant find where this is saved
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Pro - 21)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Feb 15th 2019, 09:52:04 (last edited Feb 15th 2019, 09:54:45 by Miel Soeterbroek) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ February 15th 2019,09:20:37 )

IF there was no "fee" for those non-race related supporter features, one could remain supporter indefinitely (for free) while not racing while enjoying the features, so the fee is righteous.

Don't get me wrong, i personally couldn't care less if not racing costs me some supp credits, but i kinda disagree with this statement. By "enjoying the features", you're basically referring to mailbox access only.

The rest is race features, most of which are unlocked/accessible by being a supporter at race time, whilst others unlock whether you're are a supporter or not at the moment of viewing them (CCP history, Staff history).

I understand the beneficial concept of milking the supporter credits out of retired users slowly, but don't advertise it as something that actually has benefits for the milkee. Cause really: it doesn't.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Feb 15th 2019, 10:35:21 (last edited Feb 15th 2019, 10:45:05 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 15th 2019,09:52:04 )

Don't get me wrong, i personally couldn't care less if not racing costs me some supp credits, but i kinda disagree with this statement. By "enjoying the features", you're basically referring to mailbox access only.

Well there are enhanced friendslist and alterego and and enhanced markets (use it or not), also maybe other stuff, didn't bother to look.

That said, Naturally the level of "enjoyment" is up for interpretation, depending on individual it may vary.

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ February 15th 2019,09:52:04 )

but don't advertise it as something that actually has benefits for the milkee. Cause really: it doesn't.

I don't advertise it as beneficial. That said, it is your point of view that there is no benefit.

Where as I'd say that for some others there might be benefits, for example IF one uses the mailbox, whilst for some there may not be any benefits.

It's like some people don't enjoy dentist visits and even avoid using the services, whilst others do use and even enjoy it :)

To be clear I'm not saying that you would be wrong, just saying that the benefit or lack there of is up to each individuals point of view.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #73 posted Feb 15th 2019, 11:15:08 Quote 
I've updated the Wiki article to be up to date.
Peter Franklin
(Group Rookie - 3)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Feb 16th 2019, 06:54:06 (last edited Feb 16th 2019, 07:24:26 by Peter Franklin) Quote 
Thanks guy, that makes sense I either forgot or didn't know about that rule! No problems any way, it must have taken a while to update after I logged back in, it just surprised me when after a refresh the races remaining all of a sudden dropped, now I know why!
Thanks all

Damn I was really drunk when the asked that question the other night! Auto correct was not on my side! Lmao

Edit:
Ohhhh hang on a minute, just checked out that link to credit history, it was my fault! I undid car updates, I missed the part where that costs credits lmao, my fault!!
Page « 1 2 [3 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Supporter credits: Races left Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic