Page « 1 2 3 ... 42 [4344 ... 53 54 55 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Elite Press 1632 replies
Luca Bertani
(Group Pro - 8)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1261 posted Feb 24th 2015, 12:25:53 (last edited Feb 24th 2015, 12:26:36 by Luca Bertani) Quote 
Quote ( Jani Syrjäläinen @ February 24th 2015,12:12:37 )

Thanks man! Luck is what I need! ;)

Me too man , we're on the same ship. :oP
Andrey Baydin
(Group Pro - 4)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #1262 posted Feb 24th 2015, 13:10:43 Quote 
Not nearly. :)
Luca Bertani
(Group Pro - 8)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #1263 posted Feb 24th 2015, 14:03:16 Quote 
Quote ( Andrey Baydin @ February 24th 2015,13:10:43 )

Not nearly. :)

Well different categories .... but however we both need luck.

Just in different doses .. :)
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Group Amateur - 48)

Topic mod
Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (29)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1264 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:05:36 (last edited Apr 1st 2015, 16:06:10 by Rimantas Sagatas) Quote 
An interview with a Sakhir GP winner, 21 years old student from India - Devashis Tamhane:

Name: Devashis Tamhane --> /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=145921
Season position: 8th (21 points, 1 win)
Team: Nuvolari Pirates --> /gb/TeamProfile.asp?TeamId=1299
Season position: 54th

Congratulations, Devashis, what a thrilling first win in Elite, after overtaking Christos Bobolis in the last laps! How do you feel right now? Tell us your emotions.

Devashis: Well due to the time zone difference I rarely manage to see a race online so I missed the entire race. I was initially planning not to push this race but something within me clicked and I decided to go for it. My team-mates were more optimistic and confident of me managing to eke out a win than I was. On seeing the race reply the climax occured on lap 54 when i overtook Christos. Right now I am on cloud number 9 and over thrilled. I guess no words would be enough to describe what I managed to achieve in the past 24 hours and what I am feeling right now. It all looks phantasmagoric .Its too good to be true . This is what you dream and work for when you play this game in the lower leagues and for all the hardwork to unfold in this manner is a testament to the entire Nuvolari family who have stood through thick and thin with me for the past 2 years. None of this would be remotely achievable nor possible if not for their persistent ,diligent and sedulous handwork and input. So I dedicate this win to the entire Nuvolari family. We have reaped the benefits of our handwork and it has paid dividends in the sweetest possible manner. To the IT Boys,the data analysts and the clowns .Cheers and hurray. Kudos for your efforts.

You made an interesting tactic and pitted earlier than most of your rivals. Was that planned or was a simple fuel mistake in Q2?

Devashis: Well that was a deliberate attempt on my part. I wanted to take advantage of the superior durability that the Contis offered compared to the other tyre suppliers. I had a scorcher of a qualifying 1, almost eclipsing Roland from pole so I thought there was a distant chance of me getting a good starting position[Lets say a top 5].We know the value of track position in the higher leagues and how pivotal it is. Being blocked has its repercussions. So after plenty of exegesis I finally decided to go for a lighter fuel load to qualify ahead in the hope of pulling away.Also not having too many bad tyres is what made me opt for the above strategy . If i had opted for the same fuel load then I could have been blocked or would have lacked the pace which i had in the first half.

Christos who pitted in the same lap like you (27) finished 2nd. Do you think the strategy of pitting earlier was better? Do you think it was the main factor that let you win or it had no influence to your final result?

Devashis: Well with respect to the above question I guess it can be interpreted in 2 ways. After ruminating about it ,we can look at this aspect in 2 ways or there are 2 facets to it
It all came down to how many laps Christos tyres lasted before they ran out of their threading and started spinning.So i had to play the waiting game .It was a matter of time before I had to make my move which was what eventually happened. Not sure about the facts but I think on lap 54 his tyres started spinning which aided my overtaking maneuver .
The second aspect.. It is pretty obvious that the performance of my staff is appalling so if i pitted at the same time as the others I would have landed up at the back of the pile or the heap . I would have been indefinitely blocked and in hindsight catching Christos would not be feasible. The fact that I pitted earlier gave me a clear track to knuckle down and nail those quick laps without being blocked enabling me to catch and then supersede him.

This is your debut season in Elite and you managed to win a race! Do you think it was possible if you had the same tyre supplier like current Elite leaders – Leandro and Roland has? Can we say that picking a tyre supplier before the season is more like a lottery, cause we don‘t know what the weather will be like?

Devashis: Lol.If i had the same tyre supplier as Leo and Roland I probably would have been at the bottom of the elite standings, bankrupt and planning a trip back to amateur or pro., moaning about the fact how different my season would have been if i had listened to my teammates .I don't think with my package a top 15 position would have been manageable . Contis is what has defined my season.
When it comes to OBP tyres picking them is more of a lottery cause you are entirely weather and fate dependent. There is no way you can plan and simulate your season cause you don't know when the Hot race would come or a rain race in case of Badyears. Hence it becomes paramount that you have the best possible package ready whenever a hot race dawns cause there is a minimal margin for error. Messing it up makes it even more convoluted and intricate. Then you need to pray that the GPRO admin do not bestow you with a random as it happened with my team-mate Donatas last season that completely sabotaged his plans and his Elite ambitions. But I deserved some luck after having 6-7 tyre punctures in my last 2 seasons that completely demoralized me .I contemplated quitting the game only to be convinced by my team-mates.Had they not placated me I would have not seen this day nor achieved these magical feats.

You won a race, have 2 podiums, 2 fastest laps and a guaranteed place in Elite for next season. But did you manage to improve your package during these 12 races in Elite?

Devashis: Coming into elite i had the worst possible package mainly because of the randoms that were detrimental to my progress. I was 35-40 million down on what i could have been, plenty of car levels below par and had a bunch of abysmal testing CCps .So the only sane tyre choice was an OBP tyre. When it came to narrowing it down the plethora of Badyears tilted me towards Contis. I had made simulations with the expensive tyres and there was no way I would be ending with a positive balance. I can confidently say that my package has seen a substantial improvement from the start of the season though there is considerable room for improvement. But this is somewhat acceptable. My season is over and the real part of the season begins now. How i finish the season financially and testing point of view would determine my situation for next season.

Season 46 champion - Leandro or Roland? Why?

Devashis: Well I am a novice and a fledgling compared to these 2 virtuosos so it would be unfair for me to pick a winner. I have no bias or a personal favorite. It would be a hell of a task to pick a winner now cause there is nothing separating them .They are pretty evenly stacked up and I guess whoever wins deserves all the plaudits he gets.The one who would miss out narrowly would be pretty unlucky. Initially at the start of the season Roland had his nose ahead but in the past few races Leandro has picked up and has been on a role. He has done a stellar job with the consecutive wins . If i have to rate them now i can say its 51-49 in favor of Leo. Anything can happen in the next 5 races . Leo has his nose just ahead but not by much. The championship is pretty much wide open. Hopefully the randoms stay away and we get to witness one of the closest and best championship fights in the history of this game.

Elite Press, S46, after Race 12 (Sakhir GP)
Devashis Tamhane
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1265 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:21:49 Quote 
Pleased to be interviewed. Another ambition and desire is fulfilled .:)). Thanks Rimantas.:)
Egon Blissi
(Group Amateur - 93)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1266 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:30:48 (last edited Apr 1st 2015, 16:31:26 by Egon Blissi) Quote 
Awesome interview, thx Rimantas and Devashis!
What does OBP stand for?
Devashis Tamhane
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1267 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:38:10 Quote 
Quote ( Egon Blissi @ April 1st 2015,16:30:48 )

What does OBP stand for?

One Big Push Tyres
Eric Bolder
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1268 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:44:24 Quote 
Deva just adds a T to it, because why not. Good interview mate.
Gareth Love
(Group Master - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1269 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:46:46 Quote 
Clowns 😡
Devashis Tamhane
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1270 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:53:23 Quote 
Quote ( Gareth Love @ April 1st 2015,16:46:46 )

Clowns 😡

Lol .You just found another reason to frown lol .;p
Gareth Love
(Group Master - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1271 posted Apr 1st 2015, 16:57:46 Quote 
Shut up Meg!
Donatas Paplauskas
(Group Master - 1)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1272 posted Apr 1st 2015, 19:19:05 Quote 
Deva, Gareth this is not team forum.. So no spam allowed! :)

Anyway good job Rimantas! Nice to read something!
Andrea Squizzato1
(Group Amateur - 71)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1273 posted Apr 1st 2015, 19:30:33 Quote 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ April 1st 2015,16:05:36 )

An interview with a Sakhir GP winner, 21 years old student from India - Devashis Tamhane

Well this is clearly an April's fool, Deva winning in Elite, lol.
Good reading however. Cheers.
Fran Betancort
(Group Pro - 9)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1274 posted Apr 1st 2015, 21:22:35 Quote 
A serious interview to Deva? What drug did you gave to him Rimantas? :D

Great interview!!!! Congrats again to our Diva ;)
Tim Sewell
(Group Amateur - 82)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1275 posted Apr 1st 2015, 22:55:17 Quote 
Well done Deva, pleased for you buddy. :)

Good interview.
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Group Pro - 9)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #1276 posted Apr 2nd 2015, 11:50:20 Quote 
amazing read :)
Congrats Deva on the win, an amazing feat to achieve :)
Devashis Tamhane
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1277 posted Apr 2nd 2015, 15:30:29 Quote 
Thanks guys for your compliments .:)
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Amateur - 23)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #1278 posted Apr 2nd 2015, 16:51:37 Quote 
Congrats Devashis!
Very good use of words in the interview man..
Eddy Verschuren
(Group Amateur - 87)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #1279 posted Apr 2nd 2015, 22:25:29 Quote 
nice reading this interview. Good luck this season Devashis
Marco Predappio
(Group Master - 5)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1280 posted Apr 3rd 2015, 13:56:54 Quote 
Quote ( Andrea Squizzato @ April 1st 2015,19:30:33 )

Well this is clearly an April's fool, Deva winning in Elite, lol.

I was going to post the same :D
Just joking, congrats Deva, we knew you would be there one day, when we stopped reading your application at the 3rd line of it. We still use your application to punish Andrea when he creates some new bug. He needs to read it 3 times in a row. It takes him 72 hours to finish :P
Yug Desai3
(Group Master - 2)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #1281 posted Apr 4th 2015, 16:22:40 (last edited Apr 4th 2015, 16:23:01 by Yug Desai) Quote 
If there is anything better than an Elite podium it is an Elite win. And you already have one in the bag in your first season. Devashis, that is pretty impressive. Nice interview. Hope the season ends on a high for you. Good luck!
Ariff Roslan
(Group Rookie - 335)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #1282 posted Jul 24th 2015, 12:13:56 Quote 
cool
Ariff Roslan
(Group Rookie - 335)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #1283 posted Dec 28th 2015, 15:15:12 Quote 
Can we have more of this?
Ariff Roslan
(Group Amateur - 13)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #1284 posted Oct 18th 2017, 08:31:59 Quote 
is this thing dead?
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 101)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1285 posted Oct 18th 2017, 10:40:06 Quote 
Quote ( Ariff Roslan @ July 24th 2015,12:13:56 )

cool

Yep
Quote ( Ariff Roslan @ December 28th 2015,15:15:12 )

Can we have more of this?

Yep
Quote ( Ariff Roslan @ October 18th 2017,08:31:59 )

is this thing dead?

Yep
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Group Master - 2)

Topic mod
Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #1286 posted Oct 18th 2017, 11:43:17 Quote 
Let's say it's on hold... :)
David Rolleston1
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1287 posted Oct 18th 2017, 20:19:07 Quote 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ October 18th 2017,11:43:17 )

Two and a half years is a bloody long time fella :-)

Plenty of Hungarian Crowns to have a chat with in elite at the moment
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1288 posted Oct 18th 2017, 20:20:40 (last edited Oct 18th 2017, 20:26:12 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ October 18th 2017,20:19:07 )

Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ October 18th 2017,11:43:17 )

Two and a half years is a bloody long time fella :-)

Plenty of Hungarian Crowns to have a chat with in elite at the moment

Not much to read here :D (Mod Edited)
Michael Keeney
(Group Amateur - 96)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1289 posted Oct 18th 2017, 20:26:02 (last edited Oct 18th 2017, 20:32:48 by Michael Keeney) Quote 
Blah...no fun :-(
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 3)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1290 posted Jan 30th 2018, 21:27:56 Quote 
After an almost 3 years long holiday, Elite Press® is back on business! Our beloved host and creator, Rimantas Sagatas said he's not done yet and might take some more time off, but in the meanwhile, I'll take up the torch and bring to you a fresh new set of interviews, featuring Season 62 Master to Elite promoters. Stay tuned!
Page « 1 2 3 ... 42 [4344 ... 53 54 55 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic