Page « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Amateur - 92 396 replies
James Brown
(Group Amateur - 92)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #391 posted Mar 21st 2019, 10:26:26 Quote 
Congrats Luis that was a perfect race for you and fully deserved! I agree you've been very unlucky with certain races this season.

Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #392 posted Mar 22nd 2019, 04:39:08 Quote 
Hey guys I planned to smoke as I was trying to stay out of the points as I said I would and I think I pulled it off just about right. I was smoking for a while there and was sure I would lose those positions too. I thought a smoking car would be easy to overtake but....

Well on to the next race. I was going to make a write up of how the best strategies would go with this one and put in the reasons why but I think I would put you all to sleep even though I think I could give a good reason why one stop hards will likely be the strategy to beat. It is slightly conservative but has a big upside if the rains start at all and does not give up much if anything if there is no rain.

Keep in mind the TCD for this race being pretty small at 0.144 for expected race temps. The in-out lanes are very long at 24.5 so avoiding pits by using harder tires is very important. I have locked out any chance of changing tires due to rain and I will actually benefit if rain does happen but lasts for anything under about 16 laps.

At this track the loss of time due to wrong tires is about 6.4 seconds per lap (6.4s for dry tires on wet track but 2.8s for rain tires on dry track) but a pit in andthen out for weather changes will be a minimum of 2*[(23 (pit)+24.5)] = 95 seconds and because weather pits are usually longer than dry pits you can call that 100s or more. Even if I lose 6.4s per lap by having dry tires in the rain, I can in theory last 100/6.4 = 15.6 laps before there is any penalty for not switching to rain tires. A dry tire on rain is likely to have more driver mistakes so call that 14 laps to be fair. That is 2/3 of the rain quarter, so only rain starting right away and lasting most of the way hurts the person who locks out the rain switch.

The advantage of hard tires is you do not really give up much speed over a softer tires (TCD = 0.144). Worst case 69*0.144 = 9.9 seconds but hard tires pretty much guarantee you will not pit before the rain. If you qualify high the benefit is even more because you will likely block a lot of the people that the 9.9 seconds will benefit if they are further back in the pack.

I intend to smoke again near the end of the race so get your boosts set for then and you will likely pass me more easily. There is a 1% chance I will make the race but I think I will go down with 6-9 laps to go like last time.

I'm looking for Luis, csabe, kerian, james and maybe a few others to kick my butt this race. I need you guys to get ahead of me so I can stop killing my races. This just seems wrong on some level. I will be cheering for you guys.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #393 posted Mar 22nd 2019, 20:52:30 (last edited Mar 22nd 2019, 20:55:06 by Alex Holland) Quote 
well not how I planned it :) I have my risks for malfunctioning car set higher than the 0CT so my tires wore out and I will do a second pit late in the race. This is going to really hammer the Motivation. I did not have any parts greater than 80% so I am going to be hammered here. WIth the higher Malf. risks my car parts are going to take a drastic beating even though I am going to finish out at 35th is my guess. I will also run out of energy so that will hammer me as well.
Huub Ravesloot
(Group Amateur - 92)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #394 posted Mar 22nd 2019, 20:58:06 (last edited Mar 22nd 2019, 20:58:35 by Huub Ravesloot) Quote 
bad luck
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #395 posted Mar 23rd 2019, 01:32:09 (last edited Mar 23rd 2019, 01:55:41 by Alex Holland) Quote 
This one really hurt. Some was my own mistake. I had set the malfunctioning at 95 back when I was in elite and never changed it. So this time although I was running on 0CT, once I started smoking all my car wear went to 95CT wear and that has taken out the first 6 parts instead of having one more race with them. After the next race I have to replace everything else other than the electronics. Probably a 35M overhaul and my own fault. I lost -50 MOT in this race alone which also hurt a lot.

I have been asked to not post any strategies before the quals is closed so no one can take advantage of them. Sorry to anyone that felt hurt by this and thank you for the person who reminded me that although it may not effect me personally it may make a difference to other players who may need all the race income and points they can get.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #396 posted Mar 23rd 2019, 01:33:52 (last edited Mar 23rd 2019, 01:55:28 by Alex Holland) Quote 

Luis Santos
(Group Amateur - 92)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #397 posted Mar 23rd 2019, 11:45:21 Quote 
Hi Alex! Sorry for you, bad luck, can happen to the best.
You got a call from some admin?? Probably the info you post here is FOBY... But it was a pleasure and I am delighted to had the opportunity to learn from them, by the detail that you put in every race strategy. It's of course just possible from someone with great experience.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic