Page « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 17 18 19 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Amateur - 92 546 replies
James Brown
(Group Amateur - 92)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #421 posted Apr 16th 2019, 22:13:11 Quote 
Ooooooo is Alina going to jump above you Alex :P????
Luis Santos
(Group Amateur - 92)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #422 posted Apr 19th 2019, 22:02:10 Quote 
Great season guys! Lots of fun! Congrats James great season. And congrats as well to Csaba and to Alina... Good luck in pro
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #423 posted Apr 20th 2019, 22:39:26 Quote 
An interesting last race. I am not sure Alina wanted to pass me that way but I have to say that I am thankful that it happened. I wish all the best luck to the people who promoted. I hope you will drop in time to time for a chat. Good luck Luis, James, Csaba and Alina.

Also welcome to the new guys in AM 92. It has been a fairly good group here although a bit quiet.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #424 posted Apr 26th 2019, 03:29:08 Quote 
Drop in. Say HI. Lets get this to be an active and friendly thread. Who do you think will be the people trying to promote this season. I will get some points for sure but I have no intention of promoting this season or even the next one. Who wants it this season. I suspect there will be more people fighting for promotion this season over the last one.
Kirill Medvedev
(Group Amateur - 92)

Ukraine 
Certified: 
Old post #425 posted Apr 26th 2019, 09:54:27 Quote 
Well I am gonna get as much from the season as I can before my driver gets away. Bad sign-up date strategy, some mistakes with stat choice... Not likely to promote and not that I need it anyway. Good luck to everyone!
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #426 posted Apr 29th 2019, 21:32:11 Quote 
Hey as long as you can have a bit of fun. I am just trying to see who is going to promote this season and whether there is only 2-3 of them or 5-6 of them. You never know until well after race 3 with so many people changing drivers, going for early points etc.
Christopher Davis
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #427 posted Apr 29th 2019, 23:54:35 Quote 
I'm going to experiment with some testing this season, see what kind of new CCP fun I can come up with. Gaining Moti slowly so maybe I will gain some speed here and there.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #428 posted Apr 30th 2019, 00:37:50 Quote 
Testing is unfortunately pretty expensive this season. Do you have the same driver as last season? It looks like you still have him and you might need to change him to have any longer term success based on what we talked about last season.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #429 posted May 14th 2019, 22:40:47 Quote 
Is there any life out there? Who thinks they want to promote this season? I will not be promoting this season. Possibly next season or the one after that. It depends on how much money I can build up for heading back up to Elite again.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #430 posted May 15th 2019, 11:07:49 Quote 
Live here?! I think not ;-)
Marek Hajnrych
(Group Amateur - 92)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #431 posted May 24th 2019, 16:46:09 Quote 
Sry guys for the train I'll make today.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #432 posted May 27th 2019, 17:47:36 Quote 
Glad to see some new faces here.  I like to drop by during the races to see people's comments but I usually do not see anyone around.  I should post myself to confirm that but I already talk to myself too much  :) 

And yes those were pretty big trains.  I always hate tracks like this because a bad qualifying or bad first lap and your race is largely over.  If I had it my way they would rate the OverTaking (OT) one level lower for all tracks and make passing a bit easier.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #433 posted May 28th 2019, 21:25:51 Quote 
Looks like a lot of early blocking again. I was worried that by qualifying in 11th, I might get locked behind some blockers. The front two got open off the start and pulled a big lead that will last them the race. Hard to pick who will be in the points and DM will play a factor in the late race. I always hate when I am running in a good position and then have a DM with a couple laps to go and fall back 5-6 places. That has happened to me twice so far this season but this race looks like I am in good hands.

So what is everyone trying to do this season. I think our promoters will be pretty much locked in. I do not want to promote this season and perhaps not even next season. I still need to replace all my lost sponsors and that may take another season or two. I also need more than 6M in my bank account. I might have to change drivers because my current one is not well balanced although he is fast. Not a good driver for a long period but I can always change in PRO.

Anyone trying to promote who is not in the top 4 right now? Anyone in the top 4 who does not want to promote?
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #434 posted Jun 7th 2019, 19:17:21 Quote 
Is there any life out there? I think the top 4 are pretty much decided but Kirst looks to be a late outside horse. The next race or two will tell us if he is going for promotion. It looks like he loses his driver in another 4 races. Might have 17 behind that but I don't believe so.
Christopher Davis
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #435 posted Jun 14th 2019, 03:00:22 Quote 
Not too much life..maybe next season I will find a half decent driver.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #436 posted Jun 14th 2019, 18:10:54 Quote 
Good luck on the last few races for people still trying to retain.

There are a number of ways to play the game Chris, all of which work. I would be happy to give some pointers if you wanted me to. Just send me a message and I can look over your package and suggest where you can make changes.

I have just changed out my driver for a much weaker one that I intend to take all the way to Elite. I have taken a driver from rookie to elite and now that the game is a bit different I wanted to see if I could do it again. To that end I will be much slower for a while. Generally the best way to play the game is to take a shorter term driver you only carry for a racing level or two. As an example, whatever driver you come in from rookie is capped at a preseason level of 85. People coming out of rookie often have drivers they should drop right away and pickup a much stronger driver from the 110OA cap and under. Here in Amateur (AM) things like talent are not too important, although my self I prefer a driver with 125 Talent of higher as you found out Chris on running a very low talent driver. But you do not need a driver with 200 talent and often because talent is such a heavy drain on OA you are better off to target other attributes like stamina and experience. Those are hard to come by but just do your best when picking a driver.

People that really do not think they are going to retain should grab a driver to take down with them. You can pick a driver with 85-90 OA but a big chunk of that Motivation. Just lose the last two races strongly and you will lose the Mot. which will drop your OA under the 85 OA cap, or should I say to the OA cap of 85. This lets you bid on drivers that not many people are looking at and the people in rookie cannot go after. That way you can pick a nice driver with middle talent, some good Conc and a bit of EXP and Stam and you will have a fast driver for next season. Just be sure to really lose the last races hard to lose the MOT. You will need to get under 30th place to lose a lot of MOT.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #437 posted Jun 20th 2019, 12:15:16 Quote 
Have fun and success at the last race!
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #438 posted Jun 20th 2019, 21:50:57 Quote 
I have the feeling you might be staying ahead of me on this last one. All the power to you.

Good luck to the guys who are trying to retain on the last race. For myself I will just be smoking and probably dropping out mid race in position 32 is my guess. Next season will be a tough one for me but I should be okay.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #439 posted Jun 22nd 2019, 21:46:37 Quote 
OK, let's start new.
This Saison I want more...
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #440 posted Jun 24th 2019, 07:43:00 Quote 
And all the power to you Klaus.

So who looks to be going for promotion this season? I can name about 6 people who I think are looking good. I think it will be a little tougher this season than in the past. I can open up with, NO, I am not going for promotion this season or next.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #441 posted Jun 24th 2019, 21:10:07 Quote 
Why won't you step up, Alex?

I probably won't be playing GPRO much longer, so I'll try to move up this season or next.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #442 posted Jun 28th 2019, 07:39:29 Quote 
I am making a long term plan to head back to Elite again and stay up there at least 6-7 seasons. For now I need to rebuild my sponsors and bank account. While I could probably promote, I need more building if I am going to move up properly.

It is easy to make sponsors and money in AM. Less so in PRO. By Master you are in the start of financial decay. You can make money if you do not plan to go anywhere and just sit in the back but I find that pretty boring. I like to be up in the front 15 people. In Elite you are into a terrible money drain where all but the top 4-5 people are losing money each season.

The top players make the money and get the sponsors which lets them buy the better managers which lets them win the races which repeats the cycle. It takes about 3 full seasons in Elite to develop a driver from master who can compete with the top people. Generally by then you have burned through the sponsors and bank account depending on how bad you were doing. The best bet is to dump your master driver and pay the 3-3.5M salary for a top one. However those are usually pretty old drivers and if you want to stick around for longer you need a younger driver.

When you come down from Elite you are normally completely drained of all money, sponsors etc unless you bail out early. It makes the fall down a rebuild a long process which I am just starting. I will likely promote next season or the one after.

To be honest the best racing class is PRO. There you see a lot more strategies because of the different tires and addition of Technical directors. Master is no different and should really be called PRO.2. Elite is different in that with no OA cap on the top drivers there can be over 100 point difference between the top driver and bottom and there is no fighting when your driver is that far behind as you know.

You will enjoy PRO. Master is a bit more predictable on who is going to win because passing is more difficult and once you qualify you have a really good idea of where you are going to finish in the race.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #443 posted Jul 13th 2019, 03:29:50 Quote 
What's the matter with you?
My car smokes like crazy and yet no one wants to fight me for victory???
Giacomo Poretti
(Group Amateur - 92)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #444 posted Jul 13th 2019, 13:31:45 Quote 
nessun problema amico mio..........fuma fuma tranquillamente
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #445 posted Jul 13th 2019, 14:29:01 (last edited Jul 13th 2019, 14:29:27 by Klaus Niester) Quote 
Giacomo, wenn Du deutsch oder englisch sprichst, habe ich weniger Probleme dich zu verstehen.^^
Junior Deodato
(Group Amateur - 92)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #446 posted Jul 13th 2019, 17:28:08 Quote 
Quote ( Klaus Niester @ July 13th 2019,03:29:50 )

What's the matter with you?
My car smokes like crazy and yet no one wants to fight me for victory???

the friend walks a lot, when your car starts smoking, is already with more 20sg and missing a few laps. congratulations !!!
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #447 posted Jul 30th 2019, 17:09:48 Quote 
You are just kicking our butts this season. I think we already know who is going to win it this time around.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #448 posted Jul 30th 2019, 19:22:55 Quote 
So no, I'm not kicking anybody. . . I'm way too well-bred for that.
Klaus Niester
(Group Amateur - 92)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #449 posted Jul 30th 2019, 20:54:42 Quote 
Congratulations Alex!
Good strategy! I made a miscalculation, I had assumed only 3-4 rain laps.
Alex Holland
(Group Amateur - 92)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #450 posted Aug 1st 2019, 23:58:12 Quote 
The benefits of the upside were greater than the downside which is why I went with a rain start. I think everyone was expecting that 4 laps of rain but that is also the break point where a wet start is as good as a dry start. Worst case scenario was rain stopping after 3 laps but on the other hand rain could run 5 or more laps like it did. No real harm if the rain stopped in 4 laps.

I have to ask another question. Someone in the group just jumped on one of my sponsors which is at 68%. So I have 68% to their 0%. Who is insane enough to think they can beat me to 100% on that sponsor. That is a good way to lose a lot of negotiations. Good managers check their sponsors all the time and watch for things like this. Even if someone was to try to put in 10% a round I will still beat them but good luck to whomever it is.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 17 18 19 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic