Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > 2014 FIFA World Cup, Brazil - Play-Off Matches Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [23 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
Who goes to Brazil?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup, Brazil - Play-Off Matches 82 replies
Doru Ionut Paraschiv
(Group Pro - 17)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #31 posted Oct 21st 2013, 19:14:47 Quote 
you want to vote that, just because is not in the pool?
Rui Morais
(Group Amateur - 16)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Oct 21st 2013, 20:49:22 (last edited Oct 21st 2013, 20:50:23 by Rui Morais) Quote 
Victor Kamennov
(Group Master - 1)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #33 posted Oct 21st 2013, 20:53:04 Quote 
Portugal, Ukraine, Greece, Croatia
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 4)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #34 posted Oct 21st 2013, 20:58:31 Quote 
Portugal - that's for sure if Ibra won't do a Ibracadabra again (What I want: Portugal)
France - Stronger than Ukraine, but I will still hope Ukraine to succeed(What I want: Ukraine)
Romania - will hopefully win(What I want: Romania or What I do not want to see in Brasil: Greece)
Croatia - will beat Iceland I think, I Wonder why is Iceland here lol? Still I will count for Iceland even though I thought they are like the same as San Marino or Armenia :P [What I want: Iceland - would be funny :D]
Radomir Mihai
(Group Amateur - 24)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:13:42 Quote 
Portugal - Sweden ->Portugal
Ukraine - France ->France
Greece - Romania ->Romania :)
Iceland - Croatia ->Croatia

Jordan - Uruguay 0-14 OA :))
Mexico - New Zealand: Hmmm Mexico definetely is the favourite but i want New Zealand next year in Brazil. We`ll see :)
Jens Ankjær
(Group Rookie - 364)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:23:09 Quote 
Sweden are up against it, but I hope they shake it all up and pass through. Hamrén really deserves it as the great manager he is - not to mention the swedish players.
David Jundt
(Group Retired)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:35:58 Quote 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ October 21st 2013,20:58:31 )

I Wonder why is Iceland here lol?

Because they played well?

Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ October 21st 2013,20:58:31 )

I thought they are like the same as San Marino or Armenia :P

Hell no. And Armenia played 2-2 against Italy...
Jens Ankjær
(Group Rookie - 364)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:37:25 Quote 
Quote ( David Jundt @ October 21st 2013,21:35:58 )

Hell no. And Armenia played 2-2 against Italy...

That's also a MUCH better example than their 4-0 away win over Denmark...
David Jundt
(Group Retired)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:42:40 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Ankjær @ October 21st 2013,21:37:25 )

That's also a MUCH better example than their 4-0 away win over Denmark...

Hey, I'm like Michal in that area: I didn't pay attention(except for the final round):P
Jens Ankjær
(Group Rookie - 364)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Oct 21st 2013, 21:45:29 Quote 
Quote ( David Jundt @ October 21st 2013,21:42:40 )

Hey, I'm like Michal in that area: I didn't pay attention(except for the final round):P

That's all right, we were rubbish until the final two matches anyway.
Andrew Lawrence
(Group Amateur - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Oct 21st 2013, 22:03:00 Quote 
Sweden Ukraine and Iceland are the 3 teams I want to go through. No preference in the other game
Doru Ionut Paraschiv
(Group Pro - 17)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 08:35:10 Quote 
:)) Iceland? For me Iceland is a big surprize in playoff
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 27)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #43 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 08:38:24 Quote 
I would prefer -
Sweden, because of their stong and beautiful football.
#REF - Because both are okay.
Greece, because I want them to do good again :D
And in last game, it is very hard to say... I would like Iceland to get through because they are small and they have done great so far, meanwhile I have always liked Croatia playing style... If one, then Iceland it is.
Yannick Dantein
(Group Pro - 2)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 09:05:28 Quote 
Sweden, greece, crotia and.......... France.

Go Giroud, pogba , ribery and co........
Alen Cimirotic
(Group Rookie - 203)

Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #45 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 13:29:45 Quote 
Sweden - Portugal

I will cheer for Sweden. Used to live there, wonderful country. Portugal usually suck in the qual. stage, but when it counts they gear up their game and can be very very tough opponent. Anyway, Portugal have slightly better odds qualifying but I wish to see Ibra in Brazil. Besides, Ibra has Bosnian blood in his veins :)

Croatia - Island

Croatia is a huge favorite to play in Brazil. Very tough and experienced team and they are my neighbors. Island, a country with around 300k populations is and underdog and my sympathies goes to that little country who has never qualified in a world cup before same as my country until a couple of days ago where we managed to secure a direct spot in Brazil for the first time ever :)

France - Ukraine

France, a country which must play in Brazil no matter what. At least it was the case in recent years. Many controversies that occurred helped France to qualify to couple of major tournaments. Remember Henry's handball which secured them promotion, against Bosnia 2 years ago where... just take a look for your self and you will see that there are stronger forces than just playing football that may influence the end result. Since Zizou and couple of other players retired, France is not France anymore in my eyes. My heart goes to Ukraine.

Greece - Romania

We've played against Greece in the qualifying stage and we took 4pts against them. They are tactical geniuses, still using similar approach since Otto Rehagel was in Greece which secured them the trophy in 2004, Portugal. But honestly THE MOST BORING FOOTBALL EVER. They always play on 1-0 result, even against teams such as Luxembourg and Malta. That's why they didn't qualify either. We had the same amount of points (25pts) but our goal difference was to great (+24 against +8) and we finished 1st. Since we've already played against them, and beaten them I wish to see Romania in Brazil so we can retaliate for their win against us 3-0 a couple of years ago.
Doru Ionut Paraschiv
(Group Pro - 17)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 16:34:01 Quote 
Respect Bosnia! :)
Lee Ifans
(Group Amateur - 26)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #47 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 16:37:42 Quote 
Quote ( William Hunt @ October 21st 2013,18:47:28 )

But the reason is simple: Iceland is currently ranked nr 46 (and they were even 54th two weeks ago) on the FIFA World Ranking, Croatia are currently ranked at nr 18 but they have been in the top 10 for the past 2 years. That's why.

lmao that well known bastion of footballing accuracy, the Fifa rankings :D
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Amateur - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 16:40:42 Quote 
Quote ( Alen Cimirotic @ October 22nd 2013,13:29:45 )

Remember Henry's handball which secured them promotion, against Bosnia 2 years ago where... just take a look for your self and you will see that there are stronger forces than just playing football that may influence the end result

Handball was against Ireland, surely, in 2009 for qualification to the 2010 World Cup, and not against Bosnia. I assume you mean two separate incidents as there was a controversial penalty (it was out the box, I believe) awarded to France in qualification match against Bosnia in 2011 in qualification for Euro 2012, that confirmed France qualifying and Bosnia went in to a play-off?
Tomislav Ivanic
(Group Rookie - 178)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 16:44:36 Quote 

Croatia - Island

Croatia is a huge favorite to play in Brazil. Very tough and experienced team and they are my neighbors. Island, a country with around 300k populations is and underdog and my sympathies goes to that little country who has never qualified in a world cup before same as my country until a couple of days ago where we managed to secure a direct spot in Brazil for the first time ever :)

Neighbor you will cheer for Icleland?
Poor you then ;)
William Hunt
(Group Amateur - 42)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 16:49:18 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ October 22nd 2013,16:37:42 )

lmao that well known bastion of footballing accuracy, the Fifa rankings :D

I guess you made a valid point Lee
Jens Ankjær
(Group Rookie - 364)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #51 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:15:17 Quote 
Croatia-Iceland: Like so many other guys I always cheer for the underdog in matches that I'm otherwise neutral to. But I too have an affinity for the croatian style of play and the skill of their players. While I would love for Iceland to really shake up the footballing world, I'll probably go a little less with my heart on this one and a little more with my brain and cross my fingers for the most likely winner (on paper, that is)

Greece-Romania: I haven't really paid attention to the two sides and how their game have developed over recent years so I'll let my heart in on this and remembering back when Romania boasted the likes of Hagi and his generation. Romania it is.

France-Ukraine: Must admit, even if my life depended on it, I couldn't name 5 players in total from those two nations. Based on history, I'd be inclined to say France.

Sweden-Portugal: Now this is one where I'm not at all being neutral. In fact I'll be as biased as possible for a dane and go with Sweden. To me, their biggest star is not this striker - whatisname - no, the real star and the reason I follow Sweden these years, he sits on the bench with the resposibility for the team and the nations honor. Erik Hamrén is in my opinion a rare kind of manager and one of the best. He's a friendly, approachable and likeable character but what he really wins on is this amazing ability in man-management: Below-average players believe that they're great and play like that. Mediocre players believe they're amazing and play like that. And above-average players believe that they're World's Best! I've seen it with my own eyes when Hamrén was in charge of my hometown club, guiding them to their historical best sequence of seasons with a championship and great european results. Oh yeas, and they got this Ibrahimovic-dude too. I'll put my heart and trust in Sweden.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 27)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #52 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:17:51 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Ankjær @ October 22nd 2013,18:15:17 )

To me, their biggest star is not this striker - whatisname - no, the real star and the reason I follow Sweden these years, he sits on the bench with the resposibility for the team and the nations honor. Erik Hamrén is in my opinion a rare kind of manager and one of the best.
Wooohoo, that's my boy :D
Sweden is not Zlatan, they have many-many good and strong (well Scandinavian thing) players and one hell of a great manager.

*high-five*
Andres Urrea
(Group Amateur - 62)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #53 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:34:29 Quote 
NARAIN!
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 27)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #54 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:34:57 Quote 
Quote ( Andres Urrea @ October 22nd 2013,18:34:29 )

NARAIN!
Not even funny...
Doru Ionut Paraschiv
(Group Pro - 17)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #55 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:36:21 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Ankjær @ October 22nd 2013,18:15:17 )

I'll let my heart in on this and remembering back when Romania boasted the likes of Hagi and his generation. Romania it is.

10x :P ....I like Sweden and I want a victory against Portugal
Andres Felipe Sanchez
(Group Pro - 3)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Old post #56 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:38:50 (last edited Oct 22nd 2013, 18:39:43 by Andres Felipe Sanchez) Quote 
Sweden, Ukraine, Greece, Croatia

Go! Ibra :^D
Kenny Mirande-ney
(Group Rookie - 164)

French Guyana 
Certified: 
Old post #57 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 18:45:41 (last edited Oct 22nd 2013, 18:47:11 by Kenny Mirande-ney) Quote 
Go go go France with Ribery Benzema Pogba and co
David Jundt
(Group Retired)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #58 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 19:01:17 (last edited Oct 22nd 2013, 19:01:26 by David Jundt) Quote 
Quote ( Tomislav Ivanic @ October 22nd 2013,16:44:36 )

Neighbor you will cheer for Icleland?
Poor you then ;)

Because arguing with a Croatian is useless.

But: When I think of Iceland, I think of this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gylfi_Sigur%C3%B0sson

If you can't keep him under control, "poor you":P
Tomislav Ivanic
(Group Rookie - 178)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #59 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 19:19:24 Quote 
David do you maybe know this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Mand%C5%BEuki%C4%87

or maybe this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modri%C4%87

They will have more problem to try to keep them under control ;)

Btw. unlike you Swiss people we Croatians have sense of humor :P
Alen Cimirotic
(Group Rookie - 203)

Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Certified: 
Old post #60 posted Oct 22nd 2013, 19:43:19 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ October 22nd 2013,16:40:42 )

Remember Henry's handball which secured them promotion, against Bosnia 2 years ago where... just take a look for your self and you will see that there are stronger forces than just playing football that may influence the end result

Handball was against Ireland, surely, in 2009 for qualification to the 2010 World Cup, and not against Bosnia. I assume you mean two separate incidents as there was a controversial penalty (it was out the box, I believe) awarded to France in qualification match against Bosnia in 2011 in qualification for Euro 2012, that confirmed France qualifying and Bosnia went in to a play-off?

Yeah, I meant two seperate games :) but not just those two games and not just THE penalty but the overall bias towards the host (France) and I certainly don't want the discussion to turn into this direction i.e discussing the reff.. There are many more beautiful stuff to talk about and this is merely my personal opinion with whom you may agree or disagree :)
Page « 1 [23 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Other sports forum > 2014 FIFA World Cup, Brazil - Play-Off Matches Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic