Page « 1 2 3 ... 13 [1415 ... 244 245 246 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup 7371 replies
Rafael Mantovani
(Group Pro - 23)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #391 posted Jun 13th 2014, 00:52:10 (last edited Jun 13th 2014, 00:53:52 by Rafael Mantovani) Quote 
Croatia has played a fair match, I can't say they didn't.
It was a close one.

After the 'penalty', it is clear that they must introduce 'replay aid' to help decide critical stuff.
Michael Winkley
(Group Master - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #392 posted Jun 13th 2014, 00:54:35 Quote 
Quote ( Marcos Bezerra @ June 13th 2014,00:41:47 )

England won in 1966 and was cheating ...
Germany won in 1974 and was cheating ...
Argentina won in 1978 and was cheating ...
France won in 1998 under strong suspicion of match delivered by Brazil ...
This is the World Cup. This is a very common pattern for FIFA. Do not be surprised if they gave us this Home Cup as a gift!

Your definition of cheating clearly isn't the same as that of the Oxford English Dictionary.

In what way did England win the World Cup by cheating? A dubious, at worst, linesman's decision clearly can't be put down to England cheating.
In what way was Schumacher's decapitation attempt cheating? It was dirty, but it wasn't cheating.
Maradonna at 3"6 should not have beaten Shilton in the air, even with the joust of God; poor keeping in my book.
The French are cheats. I'll give you that one.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Amateur - 36)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #393 posted Jun 13th 2014, 00:56:46 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ June 13th 2014,00:54:35 )

The French are cheats

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I honestly can't think of a single example where France haven't cheated.
Michael Winkley
(Group Master - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #394 posted Jun 13th 2014, 00:57:41 Quote 
LOL.
Jarosław Dereń
(Group Rookie - 125)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #395 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:02:28 Quote 
world trick cup
Hugo Martins
(Group Amateur - 121)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #396 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:27:35 Quote 

In what way did England win the World Cup by cheating?

Isn´t really cheating, and no one knows if England wouldn't win the match any way, but the Portuguese football federation(cheap bastards) was paid to accept the semi-final venue change, from Goodison Park to Wembley.

Tim Lord
(Group Amateur - 20)

Malta 
Certified: 
Old post #397 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:28:07 Quote 
FFS guys........ be honest for a minute..... falling over in the penalty area is standard practice in Football these days.

Add to that the diving, stealing yards and yards for throw ins, surrounding the Ref to force your opinion..... the beautiful game has become decidedly ugly.

Seriously, I`d love to be in a fist fight with any footballer.... flick his nose and he`ll go down like he was shot with a bazooka and cry like a baby.

You can`t blame Fred for taking advantage of the new `rules`that now exist.... and neither can you blame the Ref for his decision.

Let`s see you all bitch when another soft penalty or free kick is given in any other game.
Jenne Breugelmans
(Group Pro - 6)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #398 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:35:07 Quote 
Brazil was the better team and deserved the victory in my opinion.

If they would have won without their Japanese little helper is of course a whole different matter.

Hopefully we won't be talking about the referees too much in the next matches.
Igor Prelić
(Group Rookie - 63)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #399 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:39:37 (last edited Jun 13th 2014, 01:42:43 by Igor Prelić) Quote 
I dont wanna say nothing about Brasil:Croacia, i just want to say: Allez les blues! <3
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #400 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:43:58 Quote 
Quote ( Tim Lord @ June 13th 2014,01:28:07 )

and neither can you blame the Ref for his decision.
You can. Following your logic every use of whistle when there's at least a slightest contact between players is justified. That's clearly wrong, the ref is there to see the difference between acting and fouling. Especially in as obvious ones as this
Leck Flesch
(Group Pro - 24)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #401 posted Jun 13th 2014, 01:47:16 (last edited Jun 13th 2014, 01:54:29 by Leck Flesch) Quote 
By the numbers: Croatia 21 fouls against 5 from Brazil. Unfortunately one of those many fouls against Brazil was not a real one and I was hoping Neymar would have missed that penalty kick.

Towards the end, Croatia finally went forward and showed their strength in an entertaining end of the second half.

Speaking of World Cup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I&feature=kp :)
Marcos Bezerra
(Group Rookie - 254)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #402 posted Jun 13th 2014, 03:04:54 Quote 

Your definition of cheating clearly isn't the same as that of the Oxford English Dictionary.

I used the term "cheating" means "fraudulent" (my poor English, sorry!). Anyway, many people believe that FIFA allows matches manipulation for a long time ago. After all it is your best form of financial gain. What you say for Qatar suspect buy his candidacy for the 2022 Cup?

I like to see my national team winning tournaments, but I'm part of a large group of Brazilians who did not want the World Cup here. The price of this Cup, winning or not, is very high and I am one of many who are paying. FIFA takes all!

Eric Rohli
(Group Pro - 23)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #403 posted Jun 13th 2014, 03:48:53 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Gray @ June 12th 2014,20:49:29 )

So today is the start of the Football World Cup.

Or as the Scottish call it... Thursday.

A bit late on my end, but post of the season nominee here.

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ June 12th 2014,22:44:54 )

Quote ( Mark Wright @ June 12th 2014,22:42:53 )

Spray paint for the wall. WTF? Yeah, something introduced by the MLS..totally unnecessary IMO..

Nope. I believe that it was a South American creation. Maybe Central. I've never seen it used in the MLS, but then again, I only watch about 2 games a year.

I actually think it's not a terrible idea. Gives the referee a chance to set the distance with a visible marker so the wall can't creep up without his knowledge.

Quote ( Marcos Bezerra @ June 13th 2014,03:04:54 )

What you say for Qatar suspect buy his candidacy for the 2022 Cup?

Here's what I have to say. The last 2 world cups were marred with controversy over workers and budgets and construction and blah-blah-blah. Why don't we have the world cup in a country that already has the infrastructure in place. You could throw a dart at a map of the US and find a city with a 40,000 seat stadium. You might have to throw a couple more darts, but you can easily find 80+k seaters as well. No need to build whole new stadiums. Little need to build new infrastructure. It's common sense. [/shameless plug to get the WC in the US]

As for the game itself:
Great first half. Croatia got rewarded for the early pressure (probably the greatest whiff in the attacker's life lead to the early lead). Brazil got rewarded for sticking with the game (and got a little luck from Neymar). Second half sucked. First 15' were boring. Completely unnecessary penalty lead to the Brazil advantage. Croatia should definitely have had a chance at the equalizer. Oscar got rewarded for great play on that last counter.

I really would like to have seen how that game would have played out under just marginal refereeing, though.
Davi Queiroz
(Group Rookie - 351)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #404 posted Jun 13th 2014, 03:56:55 Quote 
Quote ( Eric Rohli @ June 13th 2014,03:48:53 )

I actually think it's not a terrible idea. Gives the referee a chance to set the distance with a visible marker so the wall can't creep up without his knowledge.

It's pretty null IMO. They are going to tiptoe anyway, with a marker or not.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Pro - 12)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #405 posted Jun 13th 2014, 06:49:15 Quote 
Football has always been played with the wall supposedly being at 9m15cm from the ball while in reality, it's at 8 or even 7m and nobody has a problem with that..:) That spray is just a waste of time and maybe resources too.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Pro - 22)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #406 posted Jun 13th 2014, 09:09:42 Quote 
Absolutely unbelievable to see calls of corruption based on one poor refereeing decision. Get a grip!

Ref made a bad call. It happens. At full speed and on first watch it is an easy mistake to make. How that one decision can lead to calls of match fixing is absolutely laughable.

And the rights or wrongs of Brazil spending the money they have to host the tournament is nothing to do with last night's game!

---

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ June 13th 2014,06:49:15 )

Football has always been played with the wall supposedly being at 9m15cm from the ball while in reality, it's at 8 or even 7m and nobody has a problem with that..:) That spray is just a waste of time and maybe resources too.

How so?

I don't see how it can be a "waste of time and maybe resources" as it surely is a massive time saver? How often does a ref go back to a wall because players are trying to edge close to the ball or such like? And bookings for encroachment? They are things that waste time.

With this, the line is marked. It is clear if anyone encroaches so can be quickly booked but, due to the line being there, it's much less likely that anyone will need to be reprimanded - so it should speed things up, not slow it down, surely?

And a waste of resources? For a can of "spray paint"? Not exactly breaking the bank there lol
Michael Winkley
(Group Master - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #407 posted Jun 13th 2014, 09:25:24 Quote 
Quote ( Marcos Bezerra @ June 13th 2014,03:04:54 )

I used the term "cheating" means "fraudulent" (my poor English, sorry!). Anyway, many people believe that FIFA allows matches manipulation for a long time ago. After all it is your best form of financial gain. What you say for Qatar suspect buy his candidacy for the 2022 Cup?

I like to see my national team winning tournaments, but I'm part of a large group of Brazilians who did not want the World Cup here. The price of this Cup, winning or not, is very high and I am one of many who are paying. FIFA takes all!

Corruption flows as a natural event of humanity's desire to be "better" than thy neighbour. It only exists were being "better" is defined by money.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Master - 4)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #408 posted Jun 13th 2014, 09:29:37 Quote 
Borefest of a game for most parts, imo. Hopefully the games get better. Also Brazil aren't that good from last night's showing. I can see them getting taken apart by a well oiled machine. I think last night's result would have been different if Croatia had Mandzukic playing, instead of the sack of shit that is Jelavic.
Szabolcs Fosztó
(Group Master - 1)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #409 posted Jun 13th 2014, 09:52:04 Quote 
Caricature about Brazil - Croatia:
http://footballcaricature.com/caricature/Brazil-Croatia-3-1
Vlado Rosić-Milinković
(Group Rookie - 120)

Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Certified: 
Old post #410 posted Jun 13th 2014, 10:05:01 Quote 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ June 13th 2014,09:29:37 )

I think last night's result would have been different if Croatia had Mandzukic playing, instead of the sack of shit that is Jelavic.

Exactly.

I won't pile up much on the ref decision, we were all pulling hair over here for the longest time over some of his decisions. Yes we played some parts of the game as last piece of p***y but again showed Brazil that our midfield can compare to theirs and make chances. Yet again we hoped to see Eduardo da Silva instead of Jelavic, coz that guy is so 2009 with his football.
Have high hopes for Cameroon and Mexico while expecting Mandzo's return.
Frederik Broux
(Group Amateur - 121)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #411 posted Jun 13th 2014, 10:18:42 Quote 
It felt so much like in 2002 when Belgium was kicked out of the 2nd round by brasil. In the first half when it was 0-0 a goal of wilmots (our current coach) was disallowed however nothing happened.
Alexis Adams
(Group Rookie - 177)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #412 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:01:02 Quote 
Whoever is Croatia's goalie that guy is terrible. Brazil did not strike the ball very well as none of the goals would have been in if a good goalie was playing
Michael Winkley
(Group Master - 5)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #413 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:17:40 Quote 
3rd goal was fine. When a player toe-pokes the ball early, the chance of the keeper setting himself properly to try to make the save is pretty low. That being said, being beaten at the near post always looks bad.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 34)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #414 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:22:10 Quote 
Quote ( Alexis Adams @ June 13th 2014,11:01:02 )

Whoever is Croatia's goalie that guy is terrible. Brazil did not strike the ball very well as none of the goals would have been in if a good goalie was playing

Stipe Pletikosa is actually quite good, even yesterday he made some good saves.
In first goal, there was no chance for him, the ball was perfectly aimed or luckily it went straight next to post, he couldn't do anything. and 3rd goal, like Winkley said, it was from running, hit with toe, goalies don't have time to react for such ball...
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Master - 1)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #415 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:26:49 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ June 13th 2014,09:09:42 )

Ref made a bad call. It happens. At full speed and on first watch it is an easy mistake to make. How that one decision can lead to calls of match fixing is absolutely laughable.

+1 to that

I just saw the game. The penalty was no penalty, that was clear. But to say that the match was fixed based on that one decision, that's just dumb. Like Kevin said, get a grip.
Jesús Pérez
(Group Master - 5)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #416 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:33:01 Quote 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ June 13th 2014,10:18:42 )

It felt so much like in 2002 when Belgium was kicked out of the 2nd round by brasil. In the first half when it was 0-0 a goal of wilmots (our current coach) was disallowed however nothing happened.

Something like Italia 90 (yes, I'm old) where Russia suffered a penalty against Romania for a handball three meters outside of the penalty area! My compatriot Soriano Aladrén was responsible of that error as he was the linesman in that area.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Master - 4)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #417 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:33:13 Quote 
Quote ( Vlado Rosić-Milinković @ June 13th 2014,10:05:01 )

Yes we played some parts of the game as last piece of p***y but again showed Brazil that our midfield can compare to theirs and make chances.
Your midfield is one of the better ones in the competition, IMO. Just need to get Modric more of the possession. I think the positions of Modric and Rakitic should be swapped.
Fatjol Lamçja
(Group Rookie - 64)

Albania 
Certified: 
Old post #418 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:38:07 Quote 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ June 13th 2014,11:26:49 )

I just saw the game. The penalty was no penalty, that was clear. But to say that the match was fixed based on that one decision, that's just dumb. Like Kevin said, get a grip.
the match was not fixed that's obvious, but his mistake/error decided the match result thats obvious too.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 34)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #419 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:44:32 Quote 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-...
Javier Caceres
(Group Amateur - 86)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #420 posted Jun 13th 2014, 11:48:20 Quote 
http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/cargadas-brasil-arbitraje-ja...
Page « 1 2 3 ... 13 [1415 ... 244 245 246 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic