Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > What is annoying you today? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 458 [459460 ... 472 473 474 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: What is annoying you today? 14213 replies
Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13739 posted Jun 5th 2020, 14:01:45 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ June 5th 2020,06:55:41 )

Until we stop believing that what race you are matters..... there will continue to be friction between those races.

This applies to many other "isms" as well. Once people see other people as just "people" instead of categorizing into sub groups such as race, sex, religion, political affiliation, sports club allegiance or place of origin... it is at that point that a truly equal functioning and homogeneous society will emerge.

Until then, people will fight and hate one another based on those aforementioned categories. You want to open a productive discord? Strip away those categorizations, otherwise you are only continuing the problem.

This.

Let's stop pretending only white people are racist.

Mick Ridley
(Group Pro - 13)

GPRO Crew
England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #13740 posted Jun 5th 2020, 14:22:22 Quote 
OK, let's not turn this into a political discussion please people. :D
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #13741 posted Jun 5th 2020, 14:28:47 Quote 
Sadly there's no way of not making something political when it's politics enabling the discrimination and death of a group of people.

Also this thread was kinda doomed from the moment someone randomly said that BLM isn't important.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 62)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #13742 posted Jun 5th 2020, 14:32:03 Quote 
Quote ( Brad Park @ June 5th 2020,02:17:46 )

Every bloody life is important regardless of the colour of their skin.

You're most likely the kind of dude that would ask for your own leg to be taken care of if someone else would break their leg.
Brad Park
(Group Amateur - 82)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13743 posted Jun 5th 2020, 14:58:22 Quote 

Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ June 5th 2020,14:32:03 )

Quote ( Brad Park @ June 5th 2020,02:17:46 )

Every bloody life is important regardless of the colour of their skin.

You're most likely the kind of dude that would ask for your own leg to be taken care of if someone else would break their leg.

What are you talking about? You don't know me and in fact I'd be the type of person to give my body parts if someone needed them. Such a stupid comment...

I believe everyone's life should matter, regardless of their skin colour. Period.

All groups who think they're more important then the other are just making things more divided then ever before and it's a sad time we're going through.

Yes Black people and minorities are treated like garbage in every country regardless whether it makes the news or not. Yes, there are bad apples in any group/organisation/religion whatever you want to add, it's everyone's duty to make sure these bad apples are dealt with accordingly.

The media is corrupt and only show stuff that will get great ratings regardless of the impact and damage they cause. How many times have we seen certain new organisations show edited crap for then the real full video's to be released which completely tells a different story to the one they want you to believe?

Yes the media are very slow in retracting (if ever) or actually doing their job. I strongly feel there should be stronger laws and even regulations to hold Media or Social platforms more accountable for their fake news especially when the public believe it to begin with and something then bad happens.

As the saying goes, there's no smoke without a fire and the media are the biggest problem.

If they simply report the truth and wait until the facts are fully known instead of guessing or only half truths, people will be better informed and things could be a whole lot better.

But enough about this....

Today, Telemarketers are a pain in the ass!
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 59)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13744 posted Jun 5th 2020, 15:21:48 Quote 
We are just all humans....
We are just a "supremacist race" in life reign...
We are just idiots...

We have just to live, without racism, without killing (humans and pets), without killing earth, just have a simple life....................
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13745 posted Jun 5th 2020, 15:33:46 Quote 
Quote ( Brad Park @ June 5th 2020,14:58:22 )

Yes Black people and minorities are treated like garbage in every country regardless whether it makes the news or not.

Then why are you so opposed to people who say their lives matter?

Are you also against feminism because it wants to create equality between genders?
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #13746 posted Jun 5th 2020, 15:41:44 Quote 
Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ June 5th 2020,14:32:03 )

I believe everyone's life should matter, regardless of their skin colour. Period.

All groups who think they're more important then the other are just making things more divided then ever before and it's a sad time we're going through.

Hmm, you've created your own issue then, so you have no right to complain.

If the way you choose to see the statement "Black Lives Matter" is with [only] at the start or [more] at the end, then you are ignorant to the message and highlights how little you understand about the movement and those affected and their feelings. I'd hesitate to say it's actually a disgustingly evil way to interpret it. You have yourself to blame if that's how you see it, so by all means please wallow in your annoyance.

As others have said, we already know "All Lives Matter". That's obvious. You don't get bonus points for saying this. Black Lives [also] Matter. This is the message. One that, if used alongside the other one, looks like it should be obvious too. But apparently it isn't. Hence the protests.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13747 posted Jun 5th 2020, 15:42:16 Quote 

I strongly feel there should be stronger laws and even regulations to hold Media or Social platforms more accountable for their fake news especially when the public believe it to begin with and something then bad happens.

That would be just one step away from totalitarianism. The media are not the problem, the problem is people believing what they want to believe, instead of checking questionable stories against multiple sources. The only solution is to make sure people receive good education (something which has sadly been dwindling in recent years at least in this part of Europe and presumably the rest of the Western world).
Malcolm Christiansen
(Group Rookie - 53)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13748 posted Jun 5th 2020, 15:59:38 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 5th 2020,15:42:16 )

I strongly feel there should be stronger laws and even regulations to hold Media or Social platforms more accountable for their fake news especially when the public believe it to begin with and something then bad happens.
That would be just one step away from totalitarianism. The media are not the problem, the problem is people believing what they want to believe, instead of checking questionable stories against multiple sources. The only solution is to make sure people receive good education (something which has sadly been dwindling in recent years at least in this part of Europe and presumably the rest of the Western world).

It also gets clunky. If a political rally contains "fake news" (stupid phrase, it should just be lies but I guess we all like copying our buzz words) should the media be punished or the politician. How long after someone tweets something should they have to check all facts presented in all tweets? Or should they not publish any posts until it is verified at which point everyone starts shouting about the first amendment.

I agree. It is all about multiple sources and trying to listen to different viewpoints. Then deciding what to go forward with.

Andrew Merkel
(Group Amateur - 86)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13749 posted Jun 5th 2020, 16:13:41 Quote 
"The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso
facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."

--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe--
Grzegorz Brojak
(Group Pro - 14)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13750 posted Jun 5th 2020, 16:36:43 Quote 
People who are proud of their physiological features like skin color even though they don't have influence on that. People who create tribes based on their physiological features and rationalize pure vandalism just because they have some physiological features and some member of their tribe was harmed by another member of another tribes as prejudiced against physiological features as the previous tribe.
Brad Park
(Group Amateur - 82)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #13751 posted Jun 5th 2020, 16:45:58 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 5th 2020,15:42:16 )

I agree wholeheartedly. I too check various sources for my information as you simply cannot trust one or two anymore.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13752 posted Jun 5th 2020, 17:33:17 Quote 
Oh, this? All I can honestly say is anyone using emotion rather than logic, and fear rather than optimism is making it worse. Will not explain. (Anyway, thought this sort of stuff wasn't allowed on the servers).
Bruce Stad
(Group Amateur - 89)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #13753 posted Jun 5th 2020, 18:44:26 Quote 
Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ June 5th 2020,15:21:48 )

We are just all humans....
We are just a "supremacist race" in life reign...
We are just idiots...

We have just to live, without racism, without killing (humans and pets), without killing earth, just have a simple life....................

Hmmm, sounds like the lyrics to a song...

Annoying me today- this forum going so far off topic.
Mick Ridley
(Group Pro - 13)

GPRO Crew
England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13754 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:25:45 Quote 
People posting political content, after I specifically asked them to stop, that's what ticks me off. Last request, for no more politics in here!!!!!!
Tom Parker
(Group Rookie - 75)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13755 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:36:49 Quote 
Quote ( Josh Anderson @ June 5th 2020,01:42:17 )

Quote ( Constantin Heller @ June 5th 2020,01:39:46 )

there must not be a safety car.

well spoken my friend

It's fine Josh, we aren't used to them anyway :o
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 46)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #13756 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:39:14 Quote 
Being in hospital 😢
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #13757 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:41:28 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ June 5th 2020,19:39:14 )

Being in hospital 😢

Hope everything goes well with you Sagar!
David Andrewartha
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13758 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:42:12 Quote 
Quote ( Mick Ridley @ June 5th 2020,19:25:45 )

People posting political content, after I specifically asked them to stop, that's what ticks me off. Last request, for no more politics in here!!!!!!

Please listen to Mick, it's everywhere I look at the moment and it's really doing my swede in now, I come here for fun (unless I have a start line crash!).
Florencia Caro
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #13759 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:42:59 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ June 5th 2020,19:39:14 )

Being in hospital 😢
Get well soon Sagar!
Ken Neihart
(Group Rookie - 47)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #13760 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:52:55 Quote 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ June 5th 2020,12:20:12 )

Black lives are still being regarded as slave lives in the US, and the same problem is happening in other countries as well.

I love it when those that have NO clue pretend to know they are speaking as fact. Yes, I'm saying you're clueless.

Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 5th 2020,13:48:37 )

IMO this is very political as almost everything of this nature boils down to the insurgency, and this is one of those instances. If I watched, the news (corrupt), I'd be whipped up into a frenzy as well :-)

TRUTH!
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #13761 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:55:42 Quote 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ June 5th 2020,19:52:55 )

I love it when those that have NO clue pretend to know they are speaking as fact. Yes, I'm saying you're clueless.

Quote ( Mick Ridley @ June 5th 2020,19:25:45 )

Uh-oh

Thijs Rieken
(Group Pro - 17)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #13762 posted Jun 5th 2020, 19:57:11 Quote 
OK Ken, glad I could make your day.
Phil Maunder
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13763 posted Jun 5th 2020, 20:39:22 Quote 
Packets of monster munch don't have the stats of the monsters on the back of the packet any more :(
David Andrewartha
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13764 posted Jun 5th 2020, 20:56:34 Quote 
Good God, it's Phil Maunder, that's a pleasant blast from the past! Hope you're doing ok mate.
Phil Maunder
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13765 posted Jun 5th 2020, 21:17:22 Quote 
Yes all good here ta. Managed to avoid the plague so far!
David Andrewartha
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13766 posted Jun 5th 2020, 21:45:38 Quote 
Glad to hear it, I'm pretty sure I had it but I don't think I died.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13767 posted Jun 5th 2020, 21:52:48 (last edited Jun 5th 2020, 21:54:37 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
The silencing of talk regarding some topics. Somethings need to be discussed and view points heard, even if it can anger or upset a group of people. Individual's opinions on different matters should be expressed as it is only through discussion and openness that we will ever be able to get through some events in life.

There should be an unmoderated or more loosely moderated section of the forum which displays a warning prior to entering that there may be political or upsetting conversations contained within.

History only shows negative consequences in times of silencing discussion and debate.

That's what is annoying me today ..... that and the fact that I can't bash on any mods for being too strict, situation has been handled pretty fair. That's pretty annoying, #NeedMoreModBashing
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 20)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #13768 posted Jun 5th 2020, 21:56:17 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ June 5th 2020,21:17:22 )

Yes all good here ta. Managed to avoid the plague so far!

Me too!!!
good to see you well

Page « 1 2 3 ... 458 [459460 ... 472 473 474 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > What is annoying you today? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic