Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 247 [248249 ... 279 280 281 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO 8421 replies
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7411 posted Nov 6th 2018, 23:28:51 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ November 6th 2018,23:22:38 )

Home Page inquiry (Excel datas).

i know you try to help, and i appriciate it but sorry i don't understand what you mean.
can you please write it in a complete sentence.....

is there a database I can load somewhere?, or do I need to gather my own Information and work with that?

and please answer i sentences i understand and not only a few words which gives me more riddles as answers
Graham Mercer
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #7412 posted Nov 6th 2018, 23:30:46 Quote 
Patrick if you mean is there a file to download for previous historic data, then the answer is no.

If you are a new user of GO then you will only be able to begin amassing data from when you begin using it.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #7413 posted Nov 6th 2018, 23:33:29 (last edited Nov 6th 2018, 23:36:00 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ November 6th 2018,23:30:46 )

Patrick if you mean is there a file to download for previous historic data, then the answer is no.

If you are a new user of GO then you will only be able to begin amassing data from when you begin using it.

thank you Graham

so GO is useless for new players to calculate a Strategy/Pitstops
for other tools to use it you need to pay for it, which i can't
Graham Mercer
(Group Pro - 20)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #7414 posted Nov 6th 2018, 23:37:59 Quote 
Yes Patrick it is of limited benefit for you right now, but you will find GO very useful in the future as you gather more data.

I am sending you a PM which may help.
Mike Bennett
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7415 posted Nov 7th 2018, 01:03:49 Quote 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ November 6th 2018,23:37:59 )

Yes Patrick it is of limited benefit for you right now, but you will find GO very useful in the future as you gather more data.

I am sending you a PM which may help.

Hey Graham any chance, you could please also send me a PM "which may help" :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7416 posted Nov 7th 2018, 01:23:44 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 01:41:01 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ November 6th 2018,23:33:29 )

so GO is useless for new players to calculate a Strategy/Pitstops

Quite the opposite actually. Sure, it doesn't have data for your first race, but after that it starts to have data (if you upload it to it) and it starts to help.

If you install GO now, you can get data from your previous race (R8) which you can immediately use in GO for Race 9 preparation.

Claiming that it's useless is just disrespectful towards the people who have spent countless hours in making GO for free to use for all.

Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ November 6th 2018,23:28:51 )

do I need to gather my own Information and work with that?

Yes. And "GO" makes it easy for you to do just that.

Just click "online -> Get data" and it downloads your data. You're not entitled to others' data
Mike Bennett
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7417 posted Nov 7th 2018, 01:31:21 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2018,01:23:44 )

Claiming that it's useless is just disrespectful towards the people who have spent countless hours in making GO for free to use for all.

Quoted for truth.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #7418 posted Nov 7th 2018, 09:52:17 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 09:54:52 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2018,01:23:44 )

wasn't meant disrespectful towards the creators of the tool, but when i read from other poeple it help them alot at the beginning i wonder .... how can a tool be helpful if you haven't got any data, you first need to find all the data out by yourself (race-setup, fuel, etc.) before the tool can be effective ....and because as a newby you don't know the details of the game it isn't helping ... and for NOW the tool isn't helping me because i don't have Data to work with.... that is what i meant with useless.

so instead of bashing on it right away, try to ask what is meant when somebody write something and you don't understand it.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7419 posted Nov 7th 2018, 11:59:45 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 12:02:18 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ November 7th 2018,09:52:17 )

and for NOW the tool isn't helping me because i don't have Data to work with.... that is what i meant with useless.

But you have already done races this season.

You will have data NOW is GO if you want it so and it can be helpful NOW.

And you could have more data in it, had you used it more. IF you dont' use it, then it does NOT gather the data for you (specially for free).

so instead of bashing on it right away, try to ask what is meant when somebody write something and you don't understand it.

I think I understood perfectly that you were asking for other data accumulated by other people like you were entitled to it for free

Think about it it a bit... why would your competition just hand their data over to you ?
Does Ferrari give data to McLaren ? Or if a new team starts in F1 they can't just get all data Ferrari has accumulated over the years.

Doesn't matter If you're King of a country or if you live with government benefits in real life, you're not entitled to get everything for free. You have to do your part yourself.

GPRO is free and GO is free, but bottom line is everything is not done for you. (where would the fun be in that)

IF you dont' use GO, then ofc. it's useless but not by design, then it's because you don't use it.

If that is bashing... I'm sorry... but it's also just the facts of life that You're not entitled to get everything done for you for free

Sorry... for the revelation
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7420 posted Nov 7th 2018, 12:23:50 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 12:28:28 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
I may have gone a bit overboard with that, but the bottom line is that GO is a useful data gathering & strategy tool which you get for free, however it does not come with data.

You have to provide the data yourself by uploading regularly.

but when i read from other people it help them alot at the beginning i wonder ....

Oh, I might see now a bit clearer... This may be due the perception of "at beginning".

Might be that you were thinking about the very first race, instead of "during first season" (or first seasons).

To put some perspective into it, GPRO is more long term than a sprint. In the scope of several seasons, the first race (or first 3 races) don't really matter all that much.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #7421 posted Nov 7th 2018, 13:23:03 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 13:51:10 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2018,11:59:45 )

and for NOW the tool isn't helping me because i don't have Data to work with.... that is what i meant with useless.
But you have already done races this season.

You will have data NOW is GO if you want it so and it can be helpful NOW.

And you could have more data in it, had you used it more. IF you dont' use it, then it does NOT gather the data for you (specially for free).

I think I understood perfectly that you were asking for other data accumulated by other people like you were entitled to it for free

Think about it it a bit... why would your competition just hand their data over to you ?
Does Ferrari give data to McLaren ? Or if a new team starts in F1 they can't just get all data Ferrari has accumulated over the years.

Doesn't matter If you're King of a country or if you live with government benefits in real life, you're not entitled to get everything for free. You have to do your part yourself.

GPRO is free and GO is free, but bottom line is everything is not done for you. (where would the fun be in that)

IF you dont' use GO, then ofc. it's useless but not by design, then it's because you don't use it.

If that is bashing... I'm sorry... but it's also just the facts of life that You're not entitled to get everything done for you for free

Sorry... for the revelation

so listen up my finnish friend.... I am new to this game, i found this Tool so i thought i try it out, beside this one i found another tool (ToolB) with held data to help, but Tool B you need to pay for it and unfortanutly i am not able to affort it, due to my physical state i have other costs that are more priority as a Tool for a game therefor i thought with Go there was something missing (like that Database) I NEVER EVER ASKED ANYONE if he could send me a database..... SO BACK OFF !!

and where does the mugello data, help me at interlagos? different track, different distance, different weather, different setup.

You might play this game already for a long time and maybe even spend money for it, i am fine with that, I can't (explained it) so what are YOU F*cking THINKING to come at me like that, you don't know jack about me and judging me on a question?

from my point of few now i hope you lose every race (and yes i am pissed off)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7422 posted Nov 7th 2018, 14:22:26 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 14:22:50 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ November 7th 2018,13:23:03 )

and where does the mugello data, help me at interlagos? different track, different distance,

Because they have the same ratings

Fuel consumption: Medium
Tyre wear: Medium

Data is gathered on per km bases, so the total distance difference is irrelevant, when you adjust it to race length.

With that you already get some level of accuracy, and the more races you do (and upload the data to GO) the more data you get in go and the more accurate you get.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #7423 posted Nov 7th 2018, 14:55:23 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 14:56:08 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2018,14:22:26 )

and where does the mugello data, help me at interlagos? different track, different distance,
Because they have the same ratings

Fuel consumption: Medium
Tyre wear: Medium

Data is gathered on per km bases, so the total distance difference is irrelevant, when you adjust it to race length.

With that you already get some level of accuracy, and the more races you do (and upload the data to GO) the more data you get in go and the more accurate you get.

well nevermind anymore i figure it out myself or find some other tool that helps me,but I am done with you
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #7424 posted Nov 7th 2018, 15:10:03 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 15:10:37 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

beside this one i found another tool with held data to help, but you need to pay for it

And where do you think that pre-populated data comes from ?

It comes from other managers, which it then sells forward to other users. (so maybe without realizing it, you did ask for others' data)

There you're not paying for the data gathering tool, you're paying for the data the tool has harvested.

i thought with Go there was something missing (like that Database)

GO is free, and there is no data harvested from other managers.

It does not sell you other managers data nor does it sell your data to others
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Rookie - 60)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #7425 posted Nov 7th 2018, 15:38:45 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 15:39:23 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
@Mikko Heikkinen i said i'm not interested in your answers anymore, so stop digging for a response, this is my last one towards you.

I feel like i am put on a stand because i asked 1 simple question and you run over me like a freight train so to put it clear LEAVE IT, and LEAVE ME ALONE stop Quoting me.
unfortunatly you can't be blocked
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7426 posted Nov 7th 2018, 16:40:39 Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ November 7th 2018,15:38:45 )

@Mikko Heikkinen i said i'm not interested in your answers anymore

Well then... isn't it good that the reply wasn't intended only for you :)

Others might find it beneficial too to find out the differences of GO and other "tools", and the way GO is useful.

I wish all the best for you in your future races.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Rookie - 66)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7427 posted Dec 7th 2018, 14:27:15 Quote 
Hi everyone,

I'm rewriting a tool like Gpro Organizer for the community and take to make old GO data aviailable for this tool.

I think it missing me some informations that i can't found, the history of tires suppliers, and history of track data changes.

For the others improvments (like boost laps), i can adapt myself on parsing past setups for various managers if you want to be in a future beta test version.

This datas are "necessary" to help parse old data, else i've to adapt myself to each errors encountered, this can help me to save a lot of time in developement !

Cheers :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7428 posted Dec 7th 2018, 14:41:41 (last edited Dec 7th 2018, 14:44:24 by Tibor Szuromi) Quote 
/gb/SuppliersHistory.asp

/gb/ViewAnnouncements.asp :(
/gb/ChangeLog.asp :(
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Rookie - 66)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #7429 posted Dec 7th 2018, 14:53:01 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ December 7th 2018,14:41:41 )

/gb/SuppliersHistory.asp

Greatfull for Suppliers history, i've never see it before ^^

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ December 7th 2018,14:41:41 )

/gb/ViewAnnouncements.asp
/gb/ChangeLog.asp

For tracks changes, this is not accurate, but evntually i can see with Vlad or Jukka if they can make a track change history !
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #7430 posted Dec 7th 2018, 15:02:01 (last edited Dec 7th 2018, 15:04:23 by Tibor Szuromi) Quote 
After S24 changes (Laps):

1. Jyllands: 80 - 136; S66R3
2. Indioval: 80 - 200; S65R2
Roland Postle10
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7431 posted Dec 7th 2018, 15:19:19 Quote 
There've been very few track-specific changes, these are the ones I have noted (might be more):

Fiorano S23 - Car parts wear changed 'to make it more realistic' than the first two races
Kaunas - The S32 race didn't have 'reference laptime' set correctly so laptimes were unrealistically large, afterwards it was fixed
Yeongam S22 - Got 'redesigned'. I think just setup values changed to stop them being too extreme /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=16162
Indianapolis Oval S65 - Laps increased 80 to 200
Jyllands-Ringen S66 - Laps increased 80 to 136

Lots of other game-wide changes affect all tracks in more important ways though..
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Rookie - 66)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7432 posted Dec 7th 2018, 15:46:57 (last edited Dec 7th 2018, 15:52:16 by Sébastien Boulanger) Quote 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ December 7th 2018,15:19:19 )

There've been very few track-specific changes, these are the ones I have noted (might be more)

Thanks Roland for your answer, but i speak of tracks characteristics like laps, PHA, dowforce etc...

Car wear and references times are not be accurate, but i appreciate the time you spend to answer me ^^

I'll try looking like GO, not GPro[Blacklisted] and giving to everybody formulas.

The keys, collecting, analyzing, but not "solve" all problems :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #7433 posted Dec 7th 2018, 16:32:23 Quote 
Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ December 7th 2018,15:46:57 )

tracks characteristics like laps, PHA, dowforce etc...

I know:
it has not changed since S25.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Rookie - 66)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #7434 posted Dec 7th 2018, 16:40:34 Quote 
Thanks Tibor ;)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #7435 posted Dec 7th 2018, 16:43:55 Quote 
Grip: after S27
Arnau Amill
(Group Rookie - 68)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #7436 posted Dec 19th 2018, 00:52:51 Quote 
Hi, I don't know how to find in this thread how can I connect to GO if I connect to GPRO via Facebook (I don't have any password in GPRO)

Any idea? Thanks
Arnau Amill
(Group Rookie - 68)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #7437 posted Dec 19th 2018, 00:55:25 Quote 
Quote ( Arnau Amill @ December 19th 2018,00:52:51 )

Hi, I don't know how to find in this thread how can I connect to GO if I connect to GPRO via Facebook (I don't have any password in GPRO)

Any idea? Thanks

Found it, sorry
Florencia Caro
(Group Amateur - 69)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7438 posted Dec 19th 2018, 00:55:38 (last edited Dec 19th 2018, 00:56:16 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
Set a Limited Access Password for GO at Account settings

I still recommend you reset the password overall. That way you'll get a full access password by e-mail and will be able to access the site even if you have problems with FB login. Then, you can also set a limited access password for GO.
Michael Jones
(Group Amateur - 68)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7439 posted Dec 19th 2018, 09:32:54 (last edited Dec 19th 2018, 09:37:37 by Michael Jones) Quote 
Normally after race update on the season page I double click the last track and it brings up the calculations tab with all tyre/fuel data on.

This isnt happening this season for some reason.

Any body know why?

Also just noticed everytime open Go & click get all data .It says changed but I havent done anything.
Graham Mercer
(Group Master - 3)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #7440 posted Dec 19th 2018, 11:30:25 Quote 
For me it opens the Race Analysis page.
I also get the changed notice without changing anything
Page « 1 2 3 ... 247 [248249 ... 279 280 281 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic