Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 76 [7778 ... 85 86 87 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Double Accounts & Fake Names 2582 replies
Thijs Rieken
(Group Amateur - 42)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2280 posted Dec 27th 2021, 10:56:30 Quote 
Geir's post perfectly illustrates the issue about transparency here.

The person of subject has done things before that were morally abject.

[INSERT COMPLETELY CLASSIFIED SECTION HERE]

And now said person is trying to be nice and seeking attention in more or less acceptable ways.

Nobody knows what happened in between. People have been seriously offended and feel like this person should pay for that in some way, shape or form. But it is completely classified whether any conversation has taken place, or if any punishment has been dealt.

Result being, people think this person hasn't paid for their deeds. They lose trust in the crew and take matters in their own hands by spewing dislike for said person on the forums.

But that doesn's make the forums better, that doesn't make said person pay enough for their actions, and it's behaviour without a start or end. It will never be enough, there will always be someone in the "gang" who thinks that either the punishment has not been completed, or that it's just damn funny to keep it going.

Well it's not. It's bullying. It's ganging up on a person. And you may think that's OK because of YOUR feelings, but there's still a person on the other side as well.
Bullying is never OK.

Appealing to the crew for more transparency is, though. So for that part, you definitely have my vote.
Mr Shadow
(Group Rookie - 23)

GPRO Crew
Antarctica 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (10)
Old post #2281 posted Dec 27th 2021, 11:39:19 Quote 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ December 25th 2021,19:43:05 )

but I never even knew that my report had been successful

Why do you feel the need to know if it is successful? All you need to know is that all reports are checked in detail. There is one guy who has reported hundreds of accounts over the years and about 95% of his reports are valid. He never asked if any of his reports were successful. That's the kind of help I need.

There is also a another guy who also reported many accounts and 5% of his reports were valid. He was also quite vocal about DA issues in the forum, yet his reports were never valuable and only wasted my time. That's the kind of help I DON'T need.

But there was a case that I remember vividly, I thought I had seen a connection between two high level accounts, I saw that the DA got banned, but the main account recieved no punishment, to this day I believe in the connection between the two, but when I asked for further explanation about the incident from Mr. Shadow, I just got a one sentence, worthless response "x and x are not related".

You received that reply because the accounts were NOT related. The banned account turned out to be a DA of another manager which you DON'T need to know.
Geir Pukk
(Group Pro - 6)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2282 posted Dec 27th 2021, 12:21:07 Quote 
Quote ( Mr Shadow @ December 27th 2021,11:39:19 )

You received that reply because the accounts were NOT related. The banned account turned out to be a DA of another manager which you DON'T need to know.

This manager clearly knew what he was doing when looking at how the DA progressed. That means there was/is (because I do not know who and if that person actually recieved a punishment or not) a player who is playing or capable of playing GPRO at a high level, who was playing against the rules, therefore cheating. As I said, I brought out, what was evidence in my opinion and ended up having the feeling that the case was left unpunished. From what I understand, someone did take the hit, but I can't be sure of that, because I have no information.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to play with cheaters and currently I feel like there are cheaters among us

Why do you feel the need to know if it is successful?

Maybe I'm making this a much bigger deal than it is? Maybe I'm wrong about what I write in PMs to you? Maybe the work I sometimes put in is completely worthless? Maybe I am like this guy?

There is also a another guy who also reported many accounts and 5% of his reports were valid. He was also quite vocal about DA issues in the forum, yet his reports were never valuable and only wasted my time. That's the kind of help I DON'T need.

Maybe I've just been wasting your time as well with the few PMs I've sent? I have no idea...

In addition, did this guy know that his reports were useless or did you not tell him anything either, as seems to be the trend? Maybe some feedback would have helped him change his ways for the better :)
Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (23)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2283 posted Dec 27th 2021, 12:53:51 Quote 
In order to have any credibility DA's do need to be named and shamed, that's a simple fact and one that shouldn't be ignored. There also needs to be a fixed publicly known punishment scale, transparency is important and people playing by the rules should be protected from those that are not.

I have played the game for over 12 years and have seen some DA's come and go, some more blatant than others (log on for about an hour in a whole season and swept a group like they're multiple elite champions).

1 cheat can cost the game 10 genuine players, especially in rookie where they get swept aside like flies whilst trying to understand the complexities of the game. Many higher profile online games have named and shamed cheats, knowing that it is ultimately good for the reputation of the game and the community, I would love to know why GPRO doesn't feel this is important?

Simply put, it can make genuine players feel unvalued, enhance the progression chances of cheats through data gathering and cost the game cash through lost players, I really don't understand any logic in the current system of "protecting" cheats.
Dragan Jovanovic
(Group Rookie - 93)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (12)
Old post #2284 posted Dec 27th 2021, 13:09:17 Quote 
If you pay you can cheat. It is simple like that. So just chill and play.
Ivan Silva
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2285 posted Dec 27th 2021, 13:37:43 Quote 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ December 27th 2021,12:53:51 )

In order to have any credibility DA's do need to be named and shamed, that's a simple fact and one that shouldn't be ignored. There also needs to be a fixed publicly known punishment scale, transparency is important and people playing by the rules should be protected from those that are not.

I have played the game for over 12 years and have seen some DA's come and go, some more blatant than others (log on for about an hour in a whole season and swept a group like they're multiple elite champions).

1 cheat can cost the game 10 genuine players, especially in rookie where they get swept aside like flies whilst trying to understand the complexities of the game. Many higher profile online games have named and shamed cheats, knowing that it is ultimately good for the reputation of the game and the community, I would love to know why GPRO doesn't feel this is important?

Simply put, it can make genuine players feel unvalued, enhance the progression chances of cheats through data gathering and cost the game cash through lost players, I really don't understand any logic in the current system of "protecting" cheats.

Bring in "Hall of Shame"!!
Rocco Stallone
(Group Amateur - 19)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2286 posted Dec 27th 2021, 15:37:48 Quote 
This first rule of DA's:

You don't talk about DA's
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 27)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2287 posted Dec 27th 2021, 16:11:09 (last edited Dec 27th 2021, 16:13:28 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 
It boggles the mind that crew and admin dont understand the picture of themselves and the perceived lack of fairplay all the inaction and blurred lines creates.

It is a completely logical step in thought to wonder how many big successful names, players and teams illgotten gains are being protected by the inaction etc, what lies behind the curtain as it were.

Rightly or wrongly, it is very difficult to think of any other reason for such a lack of transparency, to the point where we have situation where the cheaters seem to actually enjoy protection at this point.

And the cause of this perception, view, sits squarely at the feet of the games crew and admin for their utter lack of transparency on the subject.

We in a situation where the rules concerning talking about cheating are significantly more protected and implemented than the rules against cheating. How the heck has it come to that? And how the heck is the situation being defended like there is nothing wrong with that?
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (7)
Old post #2288 posted Dec 27th 2021, 16:28:51 Quote 

Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ December 27th 2021,15:37:48 )

This first rule of DA's:

You don't talk about DA's

And together we can all hold hands and form a rainbow while following a set of perfect rules that will never be changed because they are so perfect.

Or we, as a community, can express our disagreement about such rule and then have a nice dialogue about it. Even if it leads to the rule not being changed, everyone learns the other person's opinion.

It's called a discussion.

Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ December 27th 2021,10:56:30 )

But that doesn's make the forums better, that doesn't make said person pay enough for their actions, and it's behaviour without a start or end. It will never be enough, there will always be someone in the "gang" who thinks that either the punishment has not been completed, or that it's just damn funny to keep it going.

Well it's not. It's bullying. It's ganging up on a person. And you may think that's OK because of YOUR feelings, but there's still a person on the other side as well.
Bullying is never OK.

You usually have me to back you up Thijs but this time it's not happening.

Personally, I cannot forgive such person until I see reason to why that person should be forgiven. Such person as neither did anything that justifies that, nor was anything done to make me thing "alright, this person has had their heat for what happened, I guess I can forgive them".

This issue is unknown for many people, and many people will continue to not know what happened. I think that should not have been the case, but regardless, knowing myself what happened and knowing the aftermath of it, I cannot find myself to forgive such acts.

It was disrespectful to so many people that don't even know about it. Playing with serious topics like that is despicable, and any sort of apology made was fabricated and the person did not mean that.

This person has bragged about having created such DA's. This not only means that they do not feel shame for that, it means that they are proud of what they did. They are proud of fooling people, who gave them their wishes of a better future, who gave them money, and even their time, all in the name of some sick joke.

What is happening is not bullying. What is happening is multiple people not liking how things turned out, how this issue was brushed under the rug so easily, and on top of that, this user can still brag about it.

They disrupted forum games, they disrupted general forums, they have played the pity card countless times using serious topics. And they are getting the hate for it. But only some people are giving that well deserved hate, because only some people know. Other people think of such user as an innocent soul. They did not have the opportunity to personally judge the user.

Will certain people be able to immediatly forgive the user? Of course. I don't judge them for their heart of gold. Will people hate the user too? Heck yeah. Will the user be forgiven by most of the people? I have no idea. But people like Brosnan, Bennett, and Keeble have some sort of bad reputation, and in a certain way they will always have that reputation.

This user did not get such reputation because they are hid behind a wall that is the "DA talk is prohibited" rule.

Maybe that's fine. Maybe it isn't. That's what people are arguing about now I guess.
Thijs Rieken
(Group Amateur - 42)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2289 posted Dec 27th 2021, 16:29:54 Quote 
I have bragged about poops that were too horrible for the human eye to behold.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2290 posted Dec 27th 2021, 16:38:44 Quote 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ December 27th 2021,16:29:54 )

I have bragged about poops that were too horrible for the human eye to behold.

And with that information I will stay far away from you whenever you decide to poop.
Rocco Stallone
(Group Amateur - 19)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2291 posted Dec 27th 2021, 17:13:13 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ December 27th 2021,16:28:51 )

And together we can all hold hands and form a rainbow while following a set of perfect rules that will never be changed because they are so perfect.

Or we, as a community, can express our disagreement about such rule and then have a nice dialogue about it. Even if it leads to the rule not being changed, everyone learns the other person's opinion.

It's called a discussion.

Or we can just embrace the satirical movie quote referring to a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum for over a decade...

I don't disagree, but those names that we dare not say were clearly outed literally. 8 years ago,and nothing was ever done. Why perpetuate a conversation that has no end or solution?
Robert Lee
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2292 posted Dec 27th 2021, 17:29:24 Quote 

@Rocco Stallone (A19) You think Rule 8.4 should be strengthened?

Geir Pukk
(Group Pro - 6)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #2293 posted Dec 27th 2021, 17:30:11 Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ December 27th 2021,17:13:13 )

Why perpetuate a conversation that has no end or solution?

There are solutions, but for some reason said solutions are never applied
Christian Beaulieu
(Group Rookie - 21)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2294 posted Dec 27th 2021, 17:30:12 Quote 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ December 27th 2021,12:53:51 )

n order to have any credibility DA's do need to be named and shamed, that's a simple fact and one that shouldn't be ignored. There also needs to be a fixed publicly known punishment scale, transparency is important and people playing by the rules should be protected from those that are not.

Amen to that!!
Rocco Stallone
(Group Amateur - 19)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2295 posted Dec 27th 2021, 17:51:20 (last edited Dec 27th 2021, 17:51:59 by Rocco Stallone) Quote 
I think cheaters should be made examples of..

A mafia site I play on holds no punches on calling out bans and for why.

The sagas I've witnessed here over the years just fade into obscurity and the people that are rightfully upset are the ones that get the warnings. I know I have..

People thought I was Paul Brosnan forever..

Paul Brosnan
(Group Rookie - 43)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #2296 posted Dec 27th 2021, 19:34:26 Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ December 27th 2021,17:51:20 )

I think cheaters should be made examples of..

A mafia site I play on holds no punches on calling out bans and for why.

The sagas I've witnessed here over the years just fade into obscurity and the people that are rightfully upset are the ones that get the warnings. I know I have..

There's still no definite proof that we are not the same person
Dragan Jovanovic
(Group Rookie - 93)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2297 posted Dec 27th 2021, 20:52:25 Quote 
Put icons buy cheaters names. That people know against whom they are competing.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 17)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #2298 posted Dec 27th 2021, 20:54:15 Quote 

You've got to be kiddng me, there is no way that anybody could think you and Paul wer the same person (Time of podting, Englsh vocabulary differences, expressions, etc).
Robert Lee
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2299 posted Dec 27th 2021, 21:06:34 (last edited Dec 27th 2021, 21:07:07 by Robert Lee) Quote 
Quote ( Dragan Jovanovic @ December 27th 2021,20:52:25 )

Put icons buy cheaters names. That people know against whom they are competing.

I don't think that will solve anything. I think Rule 8.4 needs to be tightened up and DA's and whoever made them need to be named, shamed and banned. Starting with a full sweep of everyone.
Rocco Stallone
(Group Amateur - 19)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2300 posted Dec 27th 2021, 23:04:35 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ December 27th 2021,20:54:15 )

You've got to be kiddng me, there is no way that anybody could think you and Paul wer the same person (Time of podting, Englsh vocabulary differences, expressions, etc).

i wish I was.

Paul was not always the fine upstanding gentleman(no sarcasm) he grew up to be.

we were both questioned about it. I was flattered to think they could even think I could pull that off.
David Rolleston1
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2301 posted Dec 28th 2021, 01:17:34 Quote 
I miss @Michael Keeney (Ret)he’d be needing a quiet moment in a dark room about this 😀

Have to agree with Gier’s original post. There is something unsavoury about the lack of transparency around DA accounts, reporting and exposure to the rest of the community. When I first started proper work back in 1987, there was a weekly report of members of staff who had been sacked and what rules they’d breached to lead to such action. Created a lot of conversation in the staff room, most of which was positive with regard to how stupid someone must have been, but on the whole it laid out plain and simple the standards that were expected to be maintained.

I’d be in favour of a name and shame the DA accounts that have been banned and which accounts have been allowed to continue. An ex Tiger/Phantom springs to mind.
Tom Parker
(Group Rookie - 42)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2302 posted Dec 28th 2021, 01:40:02 Quote 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ December 28th 2021,01:17:34 )

When I first started proper work back in 1987, there was a weekly report of members of staff who had been sacked and what rules they’d breached to lead to such action. Created a lot of conversation in the staff room, most of which was positive with regard to how stupid someone must have been, but on the whole it laid out plain and simple the standards that were expected to be maintained

Damn I would love that sort crap to happen these days :D

Shame that the times have changed and you'd probably end up getting sued for doing it
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 17)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #2303 posted Dec 28th 2021, 13:57:44 Quote 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ December 27th 2021,23:04:35 )

Paul was not always the fine upstanding gentleman(no sarcasm) he grew up to be.

I know I remember his pedantic brat period.
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 52)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #2304 posted Dec 28th 2021, 16:01:57 Quote 
Surprised I haven't been banned yet with my obvious DA
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #2305 posted Dec 28th 2021, 16:07:07 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ December 28th 2021,16:01:57 )

Surprised I haven't been banned yet with my obvious DA

Stop making it more obvious you fool! You are just jealous that your DA managed to get an Elite win earlier than you :P
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #2306 posted Dec 28th 2021, 17:26:12 Quote 

This guy is behind several accounts. Accounts that were used to get attention from the community, playing with topics such as deaths of family members, mental illnesses etc. I know that a manager has lost supporter credits to one of these accounts, after being wrongfully convinced about the person behind the account. These things happened multiple times during a considerable period of time and go against the rules of the game and normal ethics. Yet here we are, he gets credits from the give-away, while he shouldn't even be a part of this game (this is of course my opinion) and I find that completely unacceptable and disrespectful to this game and this community.

I must admit, what I did back then was wrong, and downright unfaithful of me to do - I'm still surprised people can forgive me for what I've done. However, I've since backed away from my regretful actions, and tried to be as wholesome, better & mature as can be. For some people, it isn't enough, but for others, they're fine with it. When I read this, I was a bit miffed at first, but understood your point of view, as not all double accounters should be allowed their freedom of speech.

However, it's life, and we can't control everything. We can only control ourselves, and what I did, was something I deeply regret & wish to take back. I haven't opened up to anyone else about it as publicly as this, so this is a start.

I try to forget about my DA days every day, but even now, I still get flashbacks of when I was DAing, especially under Alex's (FYI, Alex's profile will be linked in the following post) These flashbacks can range from just simple body language, to a full blown unhospitalized panic attacks (and that was just about Survivor)

The lies were cruelly scripted, apart from one - the Discord incident.

When I came out, I was not surprised to the reaction of it being, "it's a faked one", but in June or July, I actually did come out, and since then, I kept quiet about it. Mostly because of I was rebuilding myself to be better & stronger back then.

The community, well... They knew it. Hit after hit, they stayed strong, they felt more persuaded to axe me for life. Even a quote from me rejoining GPRO's Discord, which stated, "Shame he isn't in the mud" proves there is a long way to go, but eventually, I'll get there. We'll reunite as one.

I hope this answers what you're looking for

Joe Manifold
(Group Pro - 19)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2307 posted Dec 28th 2021, 17:49:34 Quote 
Stay strong, Sonny.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 91)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2308 posted Dec 28th 2021, 17:50:34 Quote 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ December 28th 2021,17:49:34 )

Stay strong, Sonny.
Yep, I will do. Always will do.
André de Carvalho
(Group Pro - 7)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #2309 posted Dec 28th 2021, 17:57:31 Quote 
The last discord PM i got from one of his accounts happened in october, so less than 3 months ago. No june or july.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 76 [7778 ... 85 86 87 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Double Accounts & Fake Names Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic