Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Car wear change 47 replies
Lucas Lobico
(Group Pro - 13)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #31 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 13:06:11 (last edited Dec 23rd 2015, 13:11:16 by Lucas Lobico) Quote 
Imho, the current system is quite unfair (realism aside). If a manager has to fight until the end for his/her objetives, he/she could have to continue expendind, while others may just sleep and 'save' money not maintaining a car in minimum conditions (of performance, security, etc) and let all the parts become 99% worn without any concern, as they will be 'healed by magic' as with a spelll at the end of the season.

If not letting the wear to stay between seasons, maybe it could not be allowed to be 'for free'. I guess an option to tune the car could be added, so wear could stay, but between the reset and the first race, another option, 'fix part', could be available for use in the cart part screen.

This option could leave the part at the current level, eliminating the wear, but it would cost an amount based on the part cost, proportionate to wear to fix. For instance, any part with a wear of 25% would cost to fix the 25% of the price of a new one. One at 99% would coste that same percentage of the price, and so on.

Also, being it a fix, or/and considering the work would take places off-season (so no so much time pressure imparting costs), the amounts could be halved.

And, for those to whom finances could be a problem, perhaps another option could complete than one: 'Fix reducing'. With this one, the part would be reduced one level, and wear reduced to 0%. This option would be for free and will work as the current system, but leaving the part at 1 level less (and so eliminating the saving-money-exploit).

I hope some Admin could read these suggestions, and, at least, to consider them...
Neal Maxwell
(Group Amateur - 115)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 13:13:34 Quote 
I don`t agree with this idea... the whole fact that this is a game is the perfect point.

There are managers that are playing and racing to win all races, but there are some that rather not and save some money. that`s all part of the strategy and planning.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #33 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 15:41:27 Quote 
Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ December 23rd 2015,13:06:11 )

Imho, the current system is quite unfair (realism aside). If a manager has to fight until the end for his/her objetives, he/she could have to continue expendind, while others may just sleep and 'save' money not maintaining a car in minimum conditions (of performance, security, etc) and let all the parts become 99% worn without any concern, as they will be 'healed by magic' as with a spelll at the end of the season.

Well, you should plan so that even when fighting until the end your parts are close to 99% when the season ends. That way you get almost maximum benefit from the reset.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Pro - 21)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #34 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 16:12:09 Quote 
Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ December 23rd 2015,13:06:11 )

Imho, the current system is quite unfair

I can understand debating the suggestion and the pros and cons of it, but I struggle to see how a system that is the exact same for everyone can possibly be deemed as "unfair".
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Amateur - 64)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 16:14:58 Quote 
The current sytem isn't unfair, I just think it would be more of a battle at the end of the season if people knew their wear carried over. I'd certainly be more likely to not smoke out the last few races. Doesn't even matter if you've managed your wear, sometimes you don't want to update your parts and just leave it because they'll reset anyway. I think it would be more of a challenge if the wear rolled over to next season
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Pro - 21)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 16:19:48 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 23rd 2015,16:14:58 )

Doesn't even matter if you've managed your wear, sometimes you don't want to update your parts and just leave it because they'll reset anyway. I think it would be more of a challenge if the wear rolled over to next season

I would think the harder challenge would be planning and managing your wear throughout the full season so as to be competitive in all the races you want to be (all 17 for those that want to) without wasting money by having parts, especially expensive ones, with excessive "unused" wear after race 17.

Michael Winkley
(Group Amateur - 61)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 16:36:35 Quote 
Quote ( Darian Vincent @ December 22nd 2015,19:51:06 )

if it's supposed to be a managerial game. that would certainly add to the realism aspect. I dont know if its needed but its certainly a valid idea. to me atleast.

I've seen a worn out old banger for the first race of every motorsport series ever since I was born.

Or not.
John Henderson
(Group Pro - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #38 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 17:41:27 (last edited Dec 23rd 2015, 17:44:18 by John Henderson) Quote 
I like the idea. But I would modify the suggestion to "improve" certain parts based on the facilities and staff.
For example:
If you have a nice windtunnel and the right TD, then your wings and aero parts "improve" in the form of reduced wear. But not necessarily to zero.
The better the windtunnel, and the higher the R and D aerodynamics skill of the TD, and the more motivated and skilled the staff,....then the bigger the decrease in wear.
Max Watson
(Group Master - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Dec 23rd 2015, 18:12:26 (last edited Dec 23rd 2015, 18:21:36 by Max Watson) Quote 
Quote ( John Henderson @ December 23rd 2015,17:41:27 )

If you have a nice windtunnel and the right TD, then your wings and aero parts "improve" in the form of reduced wear. But not necessarily to zero.
The better the windtunnel, and the higher the R and D aerodynamics skill of the TD, and the more motivated and skilled the staff,....then the bigger the decrease in wear.

This would widen the gulf between top managers and newcomers no end.

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 22nd 2015,19:46:50 )

my idea is for parts to not be reset to 0% wear at the start of the season

While this isn't an abysmal idea on its face, I don't think there's any need for it. Managers will adapt to whichever set of circumstances they find themselves in. What it would do is put a big dent in the money supply, meaning that the average levels of car and S&F would drop in all tiers above amateur.

Edit: It would also punish bad financial management much more severely and make it difficult to rebuild without resetting. While there would be less smoking at season end, there would be a lot more at season start, in the form of bankrupt demoters with broken cars.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 25)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted May 4th 2018, 23:40:08 Quote 
S64: Expect too much wear.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 25)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted May 25th 2018, 22:20:31 Quote 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ May 4th 2018,23:40:08 )

S64: Expect too much wear.

Questions:
1. The tournaments are final or corrected.
2. The test track is also high-wear. This is final or corrected.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Master - 5)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted May 26th 2018, 09:27:56 Quote 
In order to allow for races to have more than 80 laps at some tracks, we have modified the part wear formula for this season. Your old data will still be valid, but you may expect very slight deviations from it for future races. With this done, you can expect a few tracks like Indianapolis Oval and Jyllands-Ringen to get over 100 laps. You will get an in-game notification once the changes to those tracks are fully implemented.

IMNSHO it's done.
Michael Keeney
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #43 posted Nov 28th 2018, 16:31:14 Quote 
Yep 1-2% on all parts.

Yep this is true......naaaattttt.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Nov 28th 2018, 19:17:19 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ November 28th 2018,16:31:14 )

Yep 1-2% on all parts.
Yes.
Hardle Wain
(Group Rookie - 143)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #45 posted Dec 2nd 2018, 20:31:55 Quote 
We need more types and varietys of F1 cars to here. I would like to drive by older cars from 30´s or 40´s. Good extra bonus would be Longer Nurburgring and the great place to enjoy the old school history.

When would we see the real Santa Claus in the tracks?

Possibly we can drive against Santa in the winter countries like Scandinavian places. Most of rain is challenging to drivers and cars. Snow is more colder shower and it would be funny surprise even the cars of this game. Not bad idea if we could experience snowy laps and surprising competitives with more show. Then good spin tires are useful and ready to send to the pit lanes. Parties and festivals would be synonyms alongside them.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 8)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Dec 2nd 2018, 20:46:04 Quote 
April 1.?
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 111)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Dec 2nd 2018, 23:12:26 Quote 
e.soft=20-22lap
soft=25-27lap
medium=30-32lap
hard=40lap (minumum)
Riley Dunlop
(Group Amateur - 34)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #48 posted Dec 2nd 2018, 23:24:31 Quote 
This all feels very surreal here today...
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic