Page « 1 2 3 ... 55 [5657 ... 74 75 76 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Driver Energy 2267 replies
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1648 posted Oct 6th 2016, 18:46:17 Quote 
Quote ( Andrea Squizzato @ October 6th 2016,18:32:59 )

Or maybe I could hire Nico?

There you go he's available

/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=218
Jordy Battello
(Group Amateur - 48)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1649 posted Oct 6th 2016, 19:27:02 Quote 
I hold everybody up last race for laps And still my driver had risks 75 75 25 0 so weird never go under that 50 energy
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1650 posted Oct 6th 2016, 23:18:24 Quote 
Nico must be so boring if he doesn't do any of that stuff...
Maxim Egorov
(Group Elite)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1651 posted Oct 8th 2016, 15:50:18 Quote 
Minus one good manager for gpro.
Jan (M-2, Assotiation One) leaved gpro because of energy system. He told that this is not racing manager anymore.
Another reason to think about all that.
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1652 posted Oct 8th 2016, 16:01:48 Quote 
Quote ( Maxim Egorov @ October 8th 2016,15:50:18 )

Jan (M-2, Assotiation One) leaved gpro because of energy system. He told that this is not racing manager anymore.

No disrespect but I think the energy system makes it more of a racing manager game. It is his lost for leaving and not trying to figuring it out. Plus don't believe that they going to take out.
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1653 posted Oct 8th 2016, 16:31:55 (last edited Oct 8th 2016, 16:32:53 by Robert Kearney) Quote 
Some will always be for and against changes.
I was against initially, though my money situation is far better now ;)

But, I know of two managers that have quit because of the changes to GPRO with this energy introduction.

As long as the number of new managers that join because of the changes outweighs those who leave because of the changes then all is fine in GPRO.....

Just not sure that is actually the case :(
Pat Madigan
(Group Amateur - 38)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1654 posted Oct 8th 2016, 18:35:03 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ October 8th 2016,16:31:55 )

Some will always be for and against changes.

That's life :-) and each individual will adapt differently to change.....it just depends on how much an individual's thinking gets in the way... dare I say 'manage' your thinking and your willingness to change or not... :-)

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ October 8th 2016,16:01:48 )

No disrespect but I think the energy system makes it more of a racing manager game

+1

We all manage and problem solve...

1) Tyres
2) Part Wear
3) Risks
4) Money
5) Driver and training
6) Testing
7) Staff & Faciltiies
8) Rage log outs... :-) i.e. temper...lol
9) Forum bitching, both positive and negative....
and now
10) energy......so tell me how this is not part of a race management game....

might as well start everybody in 'elite' with 200 million, a level 10 car and 200+ level driver and run 100 risks across the board.....then it can be a 'pray for the best' game....where is the fun or challenge in that?
-
and I have said before, nobody is forcing anybody to play the game.....
Alexei Malkin
(Group Amateur - 72)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1655 posted Oct 8th 2016, 18:38:00 Quote 
Quote ( Pat Madigan @ October 8th 2016,18:35:03 )

5) Driver and training

fixed
Pat Madigan
(Group Amateur - 38)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1656 posted Oct 8th 2016, 18:39:33 Quote 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ October 8th 2016,18:38:00 )

Quote ( Pat Madigan @ October 8th 2016,18:35:03 )

5) Driver and training
fixed

my bad.. ;-b
Pedro Nazaré
(Group Pro - 1)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1657 posted Oct 8th 2016, 19:19:33 Quote 

Personally, I like changes, life is compose of changes.
The issue is, for me, this change sucks.

What kind of race game this turns out... the engine of the game decide for me the risks I can take and the risks I cannot take, punishing the managers that need to push. I'm struggling to accept the idea.

I’m still trying to accept the idea because I loved the game until this change made and, because, I know I am on the weak side.

For the record, the fun in playing the game now is like the energy of the pilot, not enough…
David Jones-Winkley
(Group Amateur - 3)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1658 posted Oct 8th 2016, 20:02:28 Quote 
Deciding to quit because of the implementation of energy is a poor excuse to leave. Just because some have been a customised to having to work very little out due to the lack of new features ant tools handed to them is not a reason to quit. We got a new feature so let's embrace it and move forward. Adapt to the changes it's brought and carry on enjoying this great game.

If you can't be bothered to try and work out this new feature then just quietly disappear from the game.
Jody Parker
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1659 posted Oct 8th 2016, 20:03:45 Quote 
I think more people were primed to quit due to no changes than will quit due to Energy added.
Hauke Johannsen
(Group Master - 4)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1660 posted Oct 8th 2016, 22:20:33 (last edited Oct 8th 2016, 22:23:51 by Hauke Johannsen) Quote 
Quote ( Pedro Nazaré @ October 8th 2016,19:19:33 )

Quote ( Jody Parker @ October 8th 2016,20:03:45 )

I think more people were primed to quit due to no changes than will quit due to Energy added.

Changes are pretty welcome, but these changes have to make sense.
I just imagine, what would happen, if 90% of F1 team managers force their drivers to reduce their speed, because they wouldn´t be able to push for a full race - or otherwise sent them on holidays between the races instead of completing some hard training sessions. Crazy, isn´t it ? ;)
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1661 posted Oct 8th 2016, 22:24:16 (last edited Oct 8th 2016, 22:27:23 by Robert Kearney) Quote 

But, like I said, I know of two and there are undoubtedly far more I don't know of. If they cannot be replaced with new managers then the game is a dead duck. Poor excuse or not, there are a fair proportion of managers that are not happy with the changes. Yes, it is their choice whether to stay and fight on or not but people of the calibre of Pedro being upset and angry at the changes does not augur well.

Why do people keep going on about reliance on apps and tools that teams have developed themselves ? It won't be long before some new apps for energy have been developed by teams ( some have Already) and we are back at square one. I just think it's sour grapes blaming things on team apps.

Quite frankly the argument that people are only doing well is because of the Tools their teams have produced is a ridiculous thing to say. Top calibre managers have the nouse, experience, intelligence to use those apps to be successful. Why is it so many players never get to elite if these apps are so successful ? Everybody should be at elite.

The issue for as I have said before is the immediacy of the changes, literally not moving the goal posts but actually changing the game itself.

I still don't see the point of having 100 CT, it's a complete waste of time. Even managers in elite can't use it, I know I can't in master. If managers ran100 CT there were other consequences, tyre wear was faster, cost of parts more expensive, more driver errors etc. managers simply had to still manage their account in a cost effective way. Now the manager simply works out what their driver can push CT to for each race which literally means at different levels you have different distances. The equation is simple really, you work out distances drivers can travel at different CT and apply it to the race.

In the long run the best will adapt to it,but it gives an edge to people who fall on the right side of the changes. That's the issue for me. I feel sorry for some of the guys in elite who favoured high stamina or high concentration or who have developed aggression in their drivers to find out (overnight) that those factors are simply not as important. The other managers have maybe trained the right stuff are loving the changes.

I won't ever leave the game until I become bored. Part of the fun is working out the challenges as a team. But I do guarantee teams will crack it in the short or long run. I just am not sure some guys who have upped and left as a small trickle will increase in volume in the future.

Let's hope it remains only a trickle and that this energy issue declines over time.
John Stovall
(Group Pro - 6)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1662 posted Oct 8th 2016, 22:28:13 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ October 6th 2016,18:46:17 )

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Quote ( Andrea Squizzato @ October 6th 2016,18:32:59 )

Or maybe I could hire Nico?

There you go he's available

/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=218

He's too fat
Ivan Silva
(Group Pro - 10)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1663 posted Oct 8th 2016, 22:43:47 Quote 
Quote ( Maxim Egorov @ October 8th 2016,15:50:18 )

I disagree, i think races are more competitive now that you have another factor to manage. Now its not everyone on 100CT and whoever has the best package or best luck wins. Now you dont make race strategy focusing only on one race, you have to balance things to make sure you can push again next race.

Either that or spend money on the Spa trainings which is something that shouldnt even exist imo.
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ October 8th 2016,16:01:48 )

No disrespect but I think the energy system makes it more of a racing manager game. It is his lost for leaving and not trying to figuring it out.

I dont get the 2 thumbs down on this guy. He said nothing wrong. Its clear he struggled to research on new info and he did throw the white towel to the floor. I dont mean to sound offensive or disrespectfull as i dont really know the manager and not everyone has the same free time for research but he could have stayed for longer.

Quote ( Robert Kearney @ October 8th 2016,16:31:55 )

I was against initially, though my money situation is far better now ;)

Exactly, this is actually benefical for everyone in terms of finances expecially from Pro onwards where people tended to use 100 CT all races and now they have less car repairs to do.

Yes, many top players retired because they had no more challenges to overcome. No new data, no new goals.

Overall, i like changes and i liked this change apart from Spa trainings which is completely unbalanced, unproportional to other trainings (and to its cost) and takes the "managing energy" factor as people will just push the max they can and train spa instead of balancing risks to make sure they can push again in the following races (only a small minority does that).
Jim Sikma
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1664 posted Oct 9th 2016, 02:39:15 Quote 
Quote ( Hauke Johannsen @ October 8th 2016,22:20:33 )

Quote ( Pedro Nazaré @ October 8th 2016,19:19:33 )

Changes are pretty welcome, but these changes have to make sense.
I just imagine, what would happen, if 90% of F1 team managers force their drivers to reduce their speed, because they wouldn´t be able to push for a full race - or otherwise sent them on holidays between the races instead of completing some hard training sessions. Crazy, isn´t it ? ;)

Name the last time a F1 driver drove 100% flat out for an entire race and wasn't managing *something*, whether it be fuel, tires, brakes, or their own heart rate.
Guilherme Di Franco
(Group Amateur - 32)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1665 posted Oct 9th 2016, 03:17:48 Quote 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ October 9th 2016,02:39:15 )

Name the last time a F1 driver drove 100% flat out for an entire race and wasn't managing *something*, whether it be fuel, tires, brakes, or their own heart rate.

the difference is, gpro isnt in real time, in f1 they see an opportunity and can decide whenever they want to push or not // when they will stop // etc
Claudio Szynkier
(Group Amateur - 118)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1666 posted Oct 9th 2016, 03:28:43 (last edited Oct 9th 2016, 03:34:29 by Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
the best thing happening in gpro is the sad, tedious and spoilt people leaving.

i hope to see more of them clicking the red button. i prefer the game without them, and the game will grow without them.

this is the true legacy of the energy stuff.

about the game itself, with 7 races it's clear the change produced a new kind of vibration, of cadence, in the races, and it's very good.

i'd say the block effect can be finally calibrated (now with the RIGHT focus), but the game seems fine.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1667 posted Oct 9th 2016, 03:55:33 Quote 
Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ October 9th 2016,03:28:43 )

i hope to see more of them clicking the red button. i prefer the game without them, and the game will grow without them.

this is the true legacy of the energy stuff.

I like it.

QFT.
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #1668 posted Oct 9th 2016, 11:54:25 (last edited Oct 9th 2016, 11:56:42 by Robert Kearney) Quote 
Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ October 9th 2016,03:28:43 )

You might like it, I am not sure the business side of GPRO will though !

Less competition for the less worthy managers, yeah I can see why some managers are in favour of it now.

Those "sad, tedious and spoilt people" and often very successful managers ! Were the lifeblood of the game.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1669 posted Oct 9th 2016, 13:40:22 (last edited Oct 9th 2016, 13:41:19 by Luke Frost) Quote 
No they weren't. They were the ones who wanted to create robots out of everyone with stolen formulas and etc.

I say good riddance. Bring back the foby nature to Gpro that made it so interesting for anybody who was interested in using data to move forward
Michael Jones
(Group Amateur - 10)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #1670 posted Oct 9th 2016, 14:13:26 Quote 
Well you get more data when you have more than 1 account.
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1671 posted Oct 9th 2016, 14:16:50 (last edited Oct 9th 2016, 14:24:10 by Robert Kearney) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ October 9th 2016,13:40:22 )

No they weren't. They were the ones who wanted to create robots out of everyone with stolen formulas and etc.

I say good riddance. Bring back the foby nature to Gpro that made it so interesting for anybody who was interested in using data to move forward

Like I said Earlier Luke,
The issue is not the apps or tools it is the ability of the managers to use them.
How will this all be foby ? I have no idea what you are talking about. Teams are already half way there to producing new apps which will negate your new attempt at "fobyism"
IMO of course ;)

Managers now simply restrict their CT to the drivers ability and the track characteristics. In time none of this will be foby...... And you won't necessarily need any tools either to do all that. I have a pen and paper and a team to provide data.... No tools necessary :) hopefully we can then incorporate the findings from our research into an app..... And then be accused of being tool bashers. Lol
Dylan Campbell
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1672 posted Oct 9th 2016, 14:17:56 Quote 
I LOVE big changes to the game, but I have a few thoughts I need to let out:

1. When I first read the announcement of the change, I thought it would only affect low level managers, those in Rookie and Amateur. It seemed like the only reason for the change was to make some "randoms" not random anymore, and to reduce the amount of people who use very high risks in the lower groups. But it completely changed the game for everyone, which no one was expecting. Do these changes make the game better? I think so. But it could use some tweaks.

2. It added a realtime element to a game where one of the great aspects is that it's not realtime. I mean, there are staff markets 24 hours before the race, and some people like qualifying later, but that's about as far as it goes. For people trying to figure out how energy recovery works, it hurts you if you can't be online more. For example, someone who has recovered all their energy to 100% before each race this season won't have any good numbers to work with unless they had the time to log in and record their driver's energy across multiple days. Which was also made harder because of the little energy gains just before and after the race. Since energy only affects the race, I don't see any point in having it recharge in realtime. I'd like to see it instantly come back after the race and work like all the other stats.

3. My jaw dropped when I tried the spa resort. I thought people were exaggerating, but it's ridiculously overpowered.

4. I really like that there's another element in the races to make them more exciting to watch live. You never know if the person ahead will run out of fuel/tyres, have a driver mistake, start smoking, have a random pit, and now they might run out of energy at the end.
Hugo Merlin
(Group Pro - 20)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1673 posted Oct 9th 2016, 14:57:33 Quote 
Quote ( Dylan Campbell @ October 9th 2016,14:17:56 )

2. It added a realtime element to a game where one of the great aspects is that it's not realtime. I mean, there are staff markets 24 hours before the race, and some people like qualifying later, but that's about as far as it goes. For people trying to figure out how energy recovery works, it hurts you if you can't be online more. For example, someone who has recovered all their energy to 100% before each race this season won't have any good numbers to work with unless they had the time to log in and record their driver's energy across multiple days. Which was also made harder because of the little energy gains just before and after the race. Since energy only affects the race, I don't see any point in having it recharge in realtime. I'd like to see it instantly come back after the race and work like all the other stats.

I agree.
Robert Kearney
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #1674 posted Oct 9th 2016, 15:05:16 Quote 

4. I really like that there's another element in the races to make them more exciting to watch live. You never know if the person ahead will run out of fuel/tyres, have a driver mistake, start smoking, have a random pit, and now they might run out of energy at the end.

I sort of agree with this, but it won't be long before teams have it Sussed. You will still get managers in rookie and amateur making mistakes before and after changes. They might run out of energy, they might not, but the higher up you go the less chance of that, unless the manager chooses to run out if energy which I have seen happen more than a few times.
Before long we will be back at some other change, it's just a matter of which guys happen to put their money on red and it comes in red.

More warning should have been issued than a couple of days before a new season ( says a guy who just promoted to the mad world of master) already too many lottery aspects to this game, which tyres to choose for the new season, what's the season weather going to be like, is it going to be hot or wet or whatever. It's to much of a guessing game...at least early season anyway.
Gustav Gerretz
(Group Amateur - 63)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #1675 posted Oct 9th 2016, 15:50:26 Quote 

It should indeed come back right at the end of the race, because otherwise the Q energy also has very little point. The recovery rate is pretty easy to deduce for those who don't check online every now and then as well - just go to 0 and see how much you gained.
Chris Lebert
(Group Amateur - 81)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (7)
Old post #1676 posted Oct 9th 2016, 16:03:38 Quote 
Driver Energy feature makes a hard game stupider. Predict less GPRO players, as we don't have time to adjust to driver energy. Good Luck to those of you without jobs.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1677 posted Oct 9th 2016, 16:28:27 Quote 
I you don't have time to play the game properly, you most likely haven't had it before.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 55 [5657 ... 74 75 76 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic