Page [1
Author Topic: Dull Amateur Groups 14 replies
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 82)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (9)
Old post #1 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 05:12:48 (last edited Oct 22nd 2016, 05:16:41 by Sagar Abhyankar) Quote 
Managers and your staff,

I have observed that Amateur groups have lost its charm as many people just do enough for surviving in Amateur which in turn we see boring races. (I sleep most of the time when I see live race here. LOL). As we see in higher leagues (Pro and Above) OBP is also playing a factor here. I have seen average 15 managers score points in season.

Earlier the managers who finished above P25 in standings use to survive in Amateur. (excluding -ve balance managers)

Now as more people survive (people who finish above P 30 in standings.), I think there is not much enough competition.

Is it good to reverse back to old retention system or this system is better?

Cheers!

Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 22)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 05:16:19 Quote 
The groups lost their charm because the chsrming types are charming in pro and above now.
Jaco Van Zyl
(Group Amateur - 92)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 07:08:18 Quote 
My personal oppinion is that the racing used to start at Ama and Rookie was the preperation to the racing.

What I think is happening now is that Rookie is nothing and Ama is the preperation stage to start racing.

Which mean competitive racing will only be at the next level.
Sharma Vivek
(Group Pro - 15)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 07:17:39 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ October 22nd 2016,05:12:48 )

have observed that Amateur groups have lost its charm

I cannot speak about entire Amateur world but one of its group is definitely going to regain its lost charm very soon because just after 6 races I'll relegate to Amateur and rekindle that lost spark, thankyou.
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 1)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 07:23:17 Quote 
256-64-16-4-1
Jaco Van Zyl
(Group Amateur - 92)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 07:24:40 (last edited Oct 22nd 2016, 07:30:20 by Jaco Van Zyl) Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ October 22nd 2016,07:23:17 )

256-64-16-4-1

That might be great!

That gives 13640 managers a chance to play.

And if my math is correct, that will leave the lowest group with about 20 active managers in a race. A little competition to figure out what works will do just fine in Rookie
Jensen Owens
(Group Amateur - 71)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #7 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 08:00:43 Quote 
Ammy is a place to build your package !

Make a monster driver make Million's of money and test like a crack whore haha
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 11:12:16 Quote 
So....what we should actually be telling noobs in rookie is that "the game starts in Pro!"....

oh dear.

:/
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Oct 22nd 2016, 11:18:54 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ October 22nd 2016,11:12:16 )

So....what we should actually be telling noobs in rookie is that "the game starts in Pro!"....

oh dear.

yes, unfortunately amateur is so simple to retain in that retaining is no longer an issue. Promoting in amateur wont be that much of an issue with a decent package.
Jaco Van Zyl
(Group Amateur - 92)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Oct 23rd 2016, 13:46:04 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ October 22nd 2016,11:12:16 )

oh dear.

Is that not exactly what is the problem. If you win win win and nobody plays with you, how fun could that be? You get to Ama and you get nowhere the first couple of races or season, beacuse every body is "buidling a package and a monster driver and testing like a nice young lady" is breaking the spirit.

I said to myself a couple of season ago if I dont retain, I'll stop playing. Luckily I did and I love the game, but maybe that is kinda the problem.

Just a thought though
Hugo Merlin
(Group Pro - 20)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Oct 23rd 2016, 13:55:58 (last edited Oct 23rd 2016, 14:09:59 by Hugo Merlin) Quote 
( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ October 22nd 2016,11:18:54 )

yes, unfortunately amateur is so simple to retain in that retaining is no longer an issue. Promoting in amateur wont be that much of an issue with a decent package.

Why unfortunately? I wonder how many managers quit after spending some seasons playing the game and then drop to Rookie losing all the progress they had made (and the untrainables).

If someone really wants to go back to rookie then there's allways the rookie reset. And for the hoarding argument... how many managers with +$200k end up reaching Elite anyway?
Lee Downing
(Group Amateur - 40)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #12 posted Oct 23rd 2016, 14:04:02 Quote 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ October 22nd 2016,11:18:54 )

This is the most stupid statement ever
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Oct 23rd 2016, 14:09:33 (last edited Oct 23rd 2016, 14:17:34 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
Quote ( Jaco Van Zyl @ October 23rd 2016,13:46:04 )

Is that not exactly what is the problem. If you win win win and nobody plays with you, how fun could that be? You get to Ama and you get nowhere the first couple of races or season, beacuse every body is "buidling a package and a monster driver and testing like a nice young lady" is breaking the spirit.

I said to myself a couple of season ago if I dont retain, I'll stop playing. Luckily I did and I love the game, but maybe that is kinda the problem.

Just a thought though

Is it a problem? I don't know. As Hugo said, it being easier to retain in amateur , certainly almost impossible to relegate in some groups as long as you at least race as some barely have 30 racing, is good for the newbies coming up to make the challenge less daunting. 20th place in amateur is usually still a better pace than at the front of most rookie groups anyway. So, we can say 'it is easier', which it is, but for those guys coming up it just means more of a fighting chance to get a foot hold and at a pace that allows them to make a smoother leap going from rookie where there's less than 12 people racing to the 'proper' game with 30 and more racing.

I think it's a difficult balance to get right in all honesty but for sure there's more chance of people staying on the game if they have a better chance of avoiding relegation in amateur.. Yeah, I guess the racing is not as fun maybe and the competitiveness generally weaker, but if it goes back to the old format of the game then I think more people leave. There's a lot of people (long time players) I think who would much rather aswell this softer retain in amateur than the risk exist of relegating and losing untrainables.

The only thing I think the game should do is get the amateur groups back to 40 in each. Yes, it'll be more additional promotions in rookie for sure but there's guys scoring over 80 points and not promoting in recent seasons. I don't think it's a problem to promote these people really.
Jaco Van Zyl
(Group Amateur - 92)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Oct 24th 2016, 14:19:12 Quote 
I agree, but I also think it is easier to see what you achieve driver wise, or training wise or strategy wise when everybody is at the same level as you in Rookie.

I think you learn more when the variables are less.

So alot of things are the same for everyone in rookie and you can gage what effects stuff has, but if there is very little competition, it is difficuilt to gage what you are doing right or wrong.

So many times it has been said that you only need to race and people have promoted after 5 races in rookie to Ama, and I just think a little more learning in rookie will help newer players.

The last point which I think is most important, is that if you start playing the game and having mini fights with racing in Rookie would be great for retention of players. Competitive sport or competitve racing doesnt mean at the highest level, it means that you are competing at the same level as someone else.

Shawn Simmons
(Group Amateur - 7)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Oct 24th 2016, 21:07:18 Quote 
The problem isn't that the racing is dull, the problem is everyone has there own agenda," well I know scoring 3 points will keep me here". First race they score 3 points then set it on cruise the rest of the season never pushing or trying for any more. I Personally think that retention is harder for rookies coming up now due To the energy system. You've got guys racing with 150 overall drivers and level 8 cars and you can't even run 40 ct. guys are winning 8 out of the first 11 races cuz no one can compete. 20 people are scoring points cuz the first 10 cant regain their stamina back fast enough to compete the next race. Mid pack runners are stuck running mid pack with no chance in hell. But no worries we can always fall back to rookie and start the process all over
Page [1

Reply to this topic