Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Testing - Youth Driver Staff Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Testing - Youth Driver Staff 3 replies
Basil Dazz
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Apr 12th 2017, 09:24:45 Quote 
I think there should be a new driver role in the staff roster, that of a test driver.

To fit the with the nature of the way the game plays he should have to be within the age bounds of 16-20, a newbie racer.

The talent attribute, as it remains constant throughout a drivers career should be masked with wildcards until a driver is 21. (maybe other attributes)

Skills are thus gained by said driver through testing and he is also a free employee on the payroll.

If you have this driver in your staff when he turns 21, you get first dibs on him for 1st driver, getting him for his minimal salary rate, paying compo to your curremt driver if he is excused.

Training later in a drivers career is maybe more expensive to compensate for initial skill growth.
Onur Guardian
(Group Amateur - 71)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Apr 12th 2017, 09:30:00 Quote 
i am always with it but there were many suggestions like this one and all ignored sadly :(
Basil Dazz
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Apr 12th 2017, 10:13:01 Quote 
Personally yet so far, I have yet to exceed the rookie groups, so can only theorize to that which I would enjoy engaging in this division.

My immediate post-analysis of my own suggestion was that maybe it would create too linear a pathway for the progression of drivers up the ziggorote-lickety-split and maintain a level of blandishment staff-wise.

I think the will is that in the action of preparing for a race I could spare 5 or 10 more minutes to set out a stall, that directly relates to the progression of the game.
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Apr 12th 2017, 10:26:27 (last edited Apr 12th 2017, 10:32:17 by Andrew Watson) Quote 
I could see a 'test driver' setup working, possibly, but only if there were some changes to how testing affects your main driver.

If testing were to cost driver energy, then having a 'test driver' as an optional replacement for testing would be a viable feature. The test driver doesn't need to be a real driver - could be a separate staff type like TDs, or just another staff skill, whereby there are one or two stats that affect testing results.

You'd still get the testing CCPs, and other relevant boosts, but your main driver wouldn't suffer an energy hit, nor would they receive the other gains from testing.

It could work, but I suspect adding Driver Energy to testing wouldn't be popular.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Testing - Youth Driver Staff Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic