Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Driver Energy must go Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 4 5 6 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Driver Energy must go 179 replies
Chris Lebert
(Group Amateur - 81)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (48)
Old post #1 posted Jun 4th 2017, 02:44:35 Quote 
The Driver Energy feature is just a pain that weighs the game down. Not an interesting feature.
Alan Snyder
(Group Amateur - 81)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Jun 4th 2017, 02:46:05 Quote 
It could, at least, be less restricting. For sure!
Onur Guardian
(Group Amateur - 71)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #3 posted Jun 4th 2017, 02:49:06 Quote 
DE must go oooooonnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on
Claudio Szynkier
(Group Pro - 19)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (18)
Old post #4 posted Jun 4th 2017, 02:53:26 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 02:55:30 by Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
one correction feature for the energy "problem" i was thinking these days about:
every manager will have the ability to choose 3 races/ season where energy will be shut down and his driver will feel totally allowed to run.
the training session for this one will be called "cocaine".
i'm serious.

(yes, it replaces a training session when chosen).
Chris Lebert
(Group Amateur - 81)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5 posted Jun 4th 2017, 03:04:42 Quote 
I'm good with the cocaine feature. It's realistic and could include some odd performance happenstances. ie: Chris Lebert has left the track and is robbing a convenience store.
Andrew Wilden
(Group Amateur - 105)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #6 posted Jun 4th 2017, 03:52:43 Quote 
Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ June 4th 2017,02:53:26 )

one correction feature for the energy "problem" i was thinking these days about:
every manager will have the ability to choose 3 races/ season where energy will be shut down and his driver will feel totally allowed to run.
i'm serious.
Quote ( Chris Lebert @ June 4th 2017,03:04:42 )

I'm good with the cocaine feature. It's realistic and could include some odd performance happenstances.

My question is how much cocaine had you Guys been taking when you posted this absolute RUBBISH ?!?!?!?!?
Chris Lebert
(Group Amateur - 81)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #7 posted Jun 4th 2017, 04:13:38 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 06:09:00 by Andrei Ciuchi) Quote 
Interesting Andrew, but too much screwupedness for our very tiny brains. Howsabout we just say our drivers have plenty of energy after a party evening, and we can spend a credit for a protein-rich power breakfast with the guys in the garage and we get motivation points for the team..... again... realistic...

(Mod-edit: No F-bombs, please.)
Claudio Szynkier
(Group Pro - 19)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #8 posted Jun 4th 2017, 04:21:05 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 04:22:53 by Claudio Szynkier) Quote 
sometimes i forget pure dumbness from the slaves-for-the-regular-life mixed with incapacity of good laugh perception is a strong trademark here.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 39)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #9 posted Jun 4th 2017, 04:26:14 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 04:32:47 by Roy Mitchell) Quote 
I would support that! heheheee

Andrew, you should chill. Cultivate a sense of HUMOUR... think 'dildo babbins'

I agree completely with Claudio. btw Have you ever seen the gesture of hand slipping over the head, like beyond comprehension of the obvious?

Don't get bent out of shape, Andrew.... I'm just funning with you. :)
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 77)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jun 4th 2017, 06:51:21 Quote 
Claudio, I didn't know you were such a comic!
Michel Vandecatelle
(Group Pro - 11)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Jun 4th 2017, 06:59:06 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Lebert @ June 4th 2017,02:44:35 )

The Driver Energy feature is just a pain that weighs the game down. Not an interesting feature.

Yes it is sure, it is so easy when it is not necessary to think and the games without brains are so interesting ... A small complication and it must be removed :)
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (9)
Old post #12 posted Jun 4th 2017, 07:34:36 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 07:44:08 by Andrew Watson) Quote 
DE is a terrible feature, agreed.

Here in amateur. I have the best driver in my group, so I win every race. Those who try to push a bit harder to make up the difference blow out before the end because of the low, and inflexible, DE ceiling. It's just boring.
Dusan Sevarlic
(Group Amateur - 34)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13 posted Jun 4th 2017, 07:44:33 Quote 
Did you ever try to play Pokemon?

It's much easier, you don't need to think at all and there's no such a thing like "Pokemon energy"...
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #14 posted Jun 4th 2017, 08:22:50 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ June 4th 2017,07:34:36 )

Here in amateur. I have the best driver in my group, so I win every race

So the best one wins, oh the terror :)

Besides, it's just been 3 races, so you haven't won all races of the season yet
António Rocha
(Group Amateur - 120)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Jun 4th 2017, 09:15:43 Quote 
Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ June 4th 2017,02:53:26 )

i'm serious.

(yes, it replaces a training session when chosen).

Then you will have a RANDOM:

"your driver was stopped for driving under the influence of forbidden substances"
Kashvinder Mann
(Group Master - 2)

Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jun 4th 2017, 09:30:06 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 09:31:18 by Kashvinder Mann) Quote 
Quote ( Dusan Sevarlic @ June 4th 2017,07:44:33 )

It's much easier, you don't need to think at all and there's no such a thing like "Pokemon energy"...

Err, it's called HP? You must have heard of that. :P
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #17 posted Jun 4th 2017, 09:44:46 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 09:45:23 by Andrew Watson) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 4th 2017,08:22:50 )

So the best one wins, oh the terror :)

Besides, it's just been 3 races, so you haven't won all races of the season yet

It's 5 wins in a row, now. I have no plans to win all races this season or anything but the fact remains that if I push to the limits of DE, no-one will beat me.

Now that's no different to how things worked before DE, I could just pump out the maximum risks and also be unbeatable. Except there were other balances associated with max risks that don't apply to max DE-risks. I'm talking part wears, randoms, tyres etc.

Maybe it 'works' at higher levels (I have a concern with how it appears to be implemented between tiers, but I can't nail a proper opinion to that as my information is very limited), but it sure doesn't add anything good at Amateur.
Alexei Malkin
(Group Pro - 17)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #18 posted Jun 4th 2017, 09:57:57 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ June 4th 2017,09:44:46 )

Maybe it 'works' at higher levels

No :(
Just became even harder to enter the Elite and be successful there with your driver.
It works for those who already in. Jukka doesn't counts due the conspiracy :p
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Jun 4th 2017, 10:39:23 Quote 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ June 4th 2017,09:57:57 )

Just became even harder to enter the Elite and be successful there with your driver.

Lol.

We need to see though what the energy does to the OA levels of Elite drivers. If few people train their drivers, they may come down, so if you manage to train full 2 seasons after 160 OA in Master, you may be close to the top with your driver. At least when you are battling for the championship in Elite, it's quite impossible to train your driver. Of course, mid Elites may still train their drivers and when they inevitably relegate, there may be better drivers available. It just depends on the time they sack their driver whether it is just for old Elites to pick or to new promoters too.
Alexei Malkin
(Group Pro - 17)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Jun 4th 2017, 10:50:02 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 10:54:54 by Alexei Malkin) Quote 
Yes, this is the only thing I don't really like. Or you don't do driver trainings and loose motivation and sponsors or you push and your driver loose some speed in the future.
Maybe we should find a way to fix that problem.
I mean Elite only cause there are some ways in lower levels.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Amateur - 71)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jun 4th 2017, 11:07:51 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 4th 2017,10:39:23 )

Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ June 4th 2017,09:57:57 )

Lol.

We need to see though what the energy does to the OA levels of Elite drivers. If few people train their drivers, they may come down, so if you manage to train full 2 seasons after 160 OA in Master, you may be close to the top with your driver. At least when you are battling for the championship in Elite, it's quite impossible to train your driver. Of course, mid Elites may still train their drivers and when they inevitably relegate, there may be better drivers available. It just depends on the time they sack their driver whether it is just for old Elites to pick or to new promoters too.

In many ways this might not be such a bad thing.

It could give just a little more room for those mid elites to break into the top, by allowing them to gain on the driver front.
Doru Paraschiv
(Group Pro - 14)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #22 posted Jun 4th 2017, 11:11:17 Quote 
I don`t like DE! But I will not die with this!
Kyle Morris
(Group Amateur - 51)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (17)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #23 posted Jun 4th 2017, 11:50:20 Quote 
My personal opinion driver energy has been one of the best things to be added to the game in a long time. It stops people constantly spamming 100ct and separates the hard workers that have prepared from the people who haven't prepared
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #24 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:03:50 Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ June 4th 2017,11:50:20 )

My personal opinion driver energy has been one of the best things to be added to the game in a long time. It stops people constantly spamming 100ct and separates the hard workers that have prepared from the people who haven't prepared

Not to mention those who actually think about the game / strategy / planning, as opposed to those who simply rely on a spreadsheet to do it for them.
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #25 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:07:51 Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ June 4th 2017,11:50:20 )

now here's one of my problems.

Do you have an explanation of what is actually wrong with using high risks? Why should we support changes to the game that force lower risks? And why can't 'better prepared ' managers just 'spam' risks too?

Besides, There were already downsides to big risks. If they weren't sufficient why not tweak them? Increase the part wear curve would be my suggestion: it's already exponential, just make it more so.
David Jones-Winkley
(Group Amateur - 106)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:08:21 Quote 
I like the idea of it as it puts me in a situation where I could have the best driver available but not win all the time because the driver I have is not as quick as others because they can use higher risks to counter act my drivers speed. It gets you to start looking for an advantage elsewhere via getting more ccps or getting higher staff levels to get the advantage in the pits. It opens the game up more where it used to be 100ct in pro and above and testing was not really needed until your promotion season in pro. DE has spiced the game up as nobody knows what the best driver skills distribution is yet with DE in mind. The game got stale as the majority had a tool that would be good enough to get you to master without any problem at all. DE may need some tweaking soon but so have other parts of the game over the years. The one feature that needs tweaking right now is starting risks as it's now pointless as the majority can not use risks above the max risks for force to front.
Niels Wolters
(Group Master - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #27 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:18:18 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 12:19:15 by Niels Wolters) Quote 
I think DE impact is in fact a bit to big on the game, the idea of training a driver is now gone, as training means you cant use Spa and cant run decent CT's,.
At least it might work in Amateur, but in Pro and for sure Master this has offset the intentions completely

This means bad results, no income, no sponsor progress, as a result people tend to pick ready made (older) drivers.

It's a bit out of balance imho at the moment.
Kyle Morris
(Group Amateur - 51)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:25:08 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ June 4th 2017,12:07:51 )

Do you have an explanation of what is actually wrong with using high risks? Why should we support changes to the game that force lower risks? And why can't 'better prepared ' managers just 'spam' risks too?

I spammed 100ct in my pro promotion season, then I was not prepared for master at all. Driver was no good, car was horrid staff were horrid as well, then I spiralled down into the depth of rookie because I I tired using 100ct in some races to. Energy stops people spamming 100ct because there package is not prepared so stops people having an unlikely promotion because they are not ready. Okay I haven't been in pro since energy has begun but I have plenty I my team and they have all been fine
Andrew Watson
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #29 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:33:03 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 12:33:57 by Andrew Watson) Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ June 4th 2017,12:25:08 )

I spammed 100ct in my pro promotion season, then I was not prepared for master at all. Driver was no good, car was horrid staff were horrid as well, then I spiralled down into the depth of rookie because I I tired using 100ct in some races to. Energy stops people spamming 100ct because there package is not prepared so stops people having an unlikely promotion because they are not ready. Okay I haven't been in pro since energy has begun but I have plenty I my team and they have all been fine

I honestly don't see the problem with that. I mean, you're suggesting DE is good because it acts as training wheels for under prepared managers. In Pro/Master!

Besides, why weren't all the 'prepared' managers in your Pro group able to just match your risks and beat you?
Niels Wolters
(Group Master - 5)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #30 posted Jun 4th 2017, 12:33:39 (last edited Jun 4th 2017, 12:34:19 by Niels Wolters) Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ June 4th 2017,12:25:08 )

Yeah but that's not the point here now is it?
Stopping people from using 100CT whithout the right package could be done using other measures, exponentially increase parts wear and give a bigger chance or randoms f.e.
Now by limiting the CT's due to Energy the driver training is gone.
It takes ages now to bring a promo driver up to the level of the new division, often resulting in struggling to get results and even risking a relegation, so people tend to the driver market and pick up a ready driver, which is old and they wont train him either as that would be a waste of money.

In my opinion the idea of the Energy is nice, but it has killed the managing your driver aspect of the game.

My idea would be to give people 17+X training chances in a season, in order to be able to do Spa and some regular training as well.
Page [12 3 4 5 6 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Driver Energy must go Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic