Page « 1 2 3 ... 22 23 [24 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Reducing game pyramid 694 replies
Chris Thomas
(Group Rookie - 6)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #690 posted Jan 25th 2021, 01:24:45 Quote 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ January 24th 2021,23:02:27 )

Welcome to the game Chris, good to see you have found yourself a team. You'll pick it up mate but you are right, a strong team and good tools and apps help immensely.

thanks mate for someone like me a team is absolutely the way to go i would really struggle to collect enough data to be competitive unless i grind 5 seasons at the bottom and then yoyo back and forth between rookie and amateur and even then i dont know if id be any good its fast tracked the game for me i love the grind of trial and error and data collection but for someone who just wants to race and be competitive its not to accessible at the lower ranks i believe but then again this really inst a jump in and race type manager
Sam Norris
(Group Amateur - 41)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #691 posted Jan 25th 2021, 02:37:00 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ January 24th 2021,13:48:04 )

I'd keep it as a it is and just slide a "Semi Pro" level between Pro and Amateur instead.

How very dare you :D

WARNING - I am going to talk about the Novice tier, but this is only being done in the spirit of not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Since i had completed the whole thing spending an ungodly amount of hours on it, only to never actually post it all lol, in working it all out inc the transition seasons i had already addressed and worked around some of the things ppl have mentioned. 'INTERMEDIATE' and 'NOVICE' are much better names than 'Top Class' and 'Semi Pro' just saying ;)

Some good points raised by Edwin about the driver market. The new tier does come with the possibilities to fix so many aspects of the game, 1 common myth is you need more players for an extra tier. This is false. You can fit 6500 players into 6 tiers as easily as 5, heck you could have 10, its just a case of balancing out the tiers and group size/amount. 5 is an odd number btw, surely a sign that the best way to balance or EVEN out the game is to have an even number of tiers. Jukka has a 7? tier plan back in the thread i think!

My plan as succinct as i can be - Rookie was renamed Novice so the new tier is the lowest one, this means you do not have to change the other tiers much, oa limits, race income etc stay the same. Ppl hated the 65/70oa limit for new Rookie but i still dunno why? 1 other key thing was i made the Rookie reset into Novice reset so that experienced managers would not mix with true rookies in the new lower rookie tier.

Since Novice has staff&facs levels 1-20 that no longer reset each season the new rookie tier was simpler with S&F greyed out (1 less thing new players can waste money on + 1 new thing that unlocks in next tier). I also had ideas about free rookie testing with no ccp and multiple tracks. All ways to make it better for new players which ive always believed is the key thing needed here. The Super Novice penalty could be increased too cos current super rookie penalty is not enough imo. I will prove this when i come out of retirement in S83/84.

Oh and yes i had 30 players in my ama/nov/rookie plan so its just nice to see some parts of it being agreed as good for the game. But imo inserting a new tier creates many problems so think simpler :P

Quote ( Andrea Therny @ January 24th 2021,23:27:38 )

I wrote a very long post to explain to everyone that many problems are not real problems (ex: NAME, FORM, )and also I had explained the reasons.

But the account let me out and I lost everything.
I thank everyone for the compliments,

We all feel your pain Andrea, been there done that multiple times, it becomes second nature to check you are logged in before clicking any buttons, esp when you bang on like Edwin and I :D
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 145)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #692 posted Jan 25th 2021, 16:05:53 (last edited Jan 25th 2021, 16:06:38 by Zé Pedro Paula) Quote 
Quote ( Andrea Therny @ January 24th 2021,23:27:38 )

I wrote a very long post to explain to everyone that many problems are not real problems (ex: NAME, FORM, )and also I had explained the reasons.

But the account let me out and I lost everything.

You login and move 2 pages back, to the page before the login, and you have your work back. Save it then.
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #693 posted Jan 26th 2021, 03:11:41 Quote 
Quote ( Andrea Therny @ January 24th 2021,04:57:31 )

I think the problem is this:
"compete for many seasons in the same category".

Changing the pyramid is the solution.
However, both relegations and promotions must be speeded up.

Surely a simpler solution to achieve the same thing and that wouldn't break the game or require a lot of extra coding work would be to increase the number of promotions and relegations in all groups up to Master by 50% (or some other fairly arbitrary increase?)?
Wilian Souza
(Group Amateur - 23)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #694 posted Jan 26th 2021, 04:41:45 (last edited Jan 26th 2021, 04:45:56 by Wilian Souza) Quote 
Quote ( Mark Iverson @ January 24th 2021,06:44:43 )

Quote ( Andrea Therny @ January 24th 2021,04:57:31 )

Changing the pyramid is the solution.
However, both relegations and promotions must be speeded up.

I agree with this.

New players especially need to stay interested and an increased level of promotion/relegation jeopardy would provide this. Ammy groups of 40 are just too big and too many players become disinterested.

I don't think it will help much. When I entered, there were only 4 classes (Rookie, Amateur, Master and Elite), and from Amateur up the first 4 players would be promoted and the last 15 players would be relegated. But competition wasn't so harsh then - it was possible for many players go up to Master without much experience (like me at the time).

Since then, many players have left (https://www.gpro.net/gb/Stats.asp?type=graphparticipants#scroll) and this game is now full of very experienced players. So I think this issue is complicated and adding a new class in the middle will make new players think like, "Wow, look at how many steps it takes to reach Elite"... Besides, Elite should remain the name of GPRO's top class.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 22 23 [24 Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic