Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 148 149 150 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER 4490 replies
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 17:42:50 (last edited Sep 6th 2018, 03:03:35 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
CURRENT GAME STATUS

The game is OVER. Mafia win!
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 17:52:36 (last edited Aug 3rd 2018, 02:20:22 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
GAME SPECIFIC RULES AND SETUP

Welcome to Dunder-Mifflin!

Welcome to The Office!

The setup is based on the TV show “The Office”.

1. Every player will have a character name from the show.

2. This is a closed setup. Players do not know the roles in play. The roles may vary from common to never seen before ones.

3. Roles and Alignments may or may not reflect the characters’ personality and image.

4. This setup is NOT intended to be bastard but it could turn out to be.

5. You are not informed whether or not there is Daytalk in the game. Only the concerned players will be advised on that.

6. There is a Night 0 in the setup.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 18:46:40 (last edited Aug 3rd 2018, 18:47:08 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
GENERAL GAME RULES

General

1: Read the rules! There may be changes since previous rule sets.

2: Always play to meet your win condition (this does not mean you need to survive, unless your win condition specifically says so).

3: Basic Mafia information can be found at http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_guide and some information on basic mafia roles can be found in the Flash guide found here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610085
This is only meant as a guide and does not cover all possibilities and variations.

4: All roles will be assigned randomly. Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness - http://www.random.org/

5: On occasions the Game Moderator may make mistakes. Feel free to PM me if you believe I have made an error and I will address it as soon as possible.

Activity

1: All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours during any day (including weekends). The definition of content is at my sole discretion. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed. In a long game, it is totally understandable if people will miss the odd day on occasion. Please try not to, but it won't be an issue if this is a rare occurrence, and please try and let me know beforehand.

Voting & Deadlines

1: Voting in this game is mandatory. “No lynch” is a valid option. All players must have a valid vote in place when any relevant deadline is reached. If the game day ends before the deadline is reached, then this rule will not apply.

2: If there is a voting deadline in force (a deadline requiring all players to vote but not ending the day once it passes), then you may not unvote after this deadline without voting someone else in the same post. If a vote deadline has passed, failing to vote someone else properly in the same post that you unvote will result in your unvote being invalid and your vote remaining where it was.

3: Votes must be in a separate line, preferably with an empty line above and below to make them clear (but this is not a requirement), votes must be in bold, votes must be preceded by ##. If you are unsure how to do this then please PM me and I will happily explain. Votes not following this format will be invalid. Voting for a player must be preceded by an unvote if you already have a vote in place. Unvotes may be of the format "##Unvote player name". Failure to unvote will make any subsequent vote invalid. Please try and get your spelling correct and check your typing, but as long as it is clear what you mean and who you are referring to then the vote will be counted.

##Vote Ivelin

is the correct format.

##Unvote Kevin

is the correct format.

##Unvote

is NOT accepted in this game.

4: If a lynch deadline is reached without anyone being instalynched (usually more than half of the active players voting for the lynch of one player, but this number can vary due to roles and game mechanics), then there will be no lynch.

5: If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

6. If any player dies during a game day for any reason within 24 hours of the lynch deadline, then the lynch deadline will be extended to give at least 24 hours from the kill being posted in the thread. It may be extended longer to make sure the game day finishes at a suitable time. If a lynch is reached before any such death is posted in thread, then I may revert the vote count back to what it was when the kill was made.

7: If a deadline passes that either ends the day or starts a break in the day, then you may not post after this deadline has passed. You may only post again once the mod has posted to re-open the thread (such as starting the new day).

8: There will be no twilight (talking after a lynch has been decided) in this game. After a lynch the game will proceed to the night phase. Once an instalynch situation is reached players are expected to stop posting. Anyone posting after an instalynch has been reached will be punished if it is by anything more than a few seconds.

Posting

1: Editing posts is strictly forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. For those new to mafia, this does mean that double and treble posting (or more) is permitted. This applies to any QT you have access to as well (where it is also forbidden to delete posts).

2: Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me or anything I write off thread, such as in a Mafia QT, is strictly forbidden. You must significantly paraphrase any communication you receive from me (minimal tweaking of some words or word order will still be classed as quoting mod communication) and, unless specifically given permission by me, you should not mention any punishment at all, even paraphrased. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

3: You may not quote communication from any off thread QT, such as a Mason QT or Mafia QT. You may paraphrase such communication if you wish to share it.

4: I, the mod, am unlikely to respond to any questions in thread as I have no intention or confirming the motives or honesty of those asking questions. As such, you should PM me anything you wish clarified or wish to ask, and not ask in thread, and must significantly paraphrase any response if you are sharing it in thread.

5: Dead players cannot talk. To be clear, dead players cannot talk in the game thread and they cannot talk in any off site thread that you may have been permitted while alive as stated in your role PM. There will be no zombie posts in this game. Any player that makes such a post may be refused entry into any future game hosted by me. The exception to this is if the mod provides a Dead Thread for you to talk to other dead players on. No one is permitted to make one apart from the mod as only the mod knows if your death is definitely permanent. I advise all dead players to continue to follow the game as being dead might not mean you are dead forever and may not mean you cannot influence the game.

Off Thread Communication

1: You are not entitled to communicate about this game with any other player outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust that is needed to play these games fairly.

2: No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum (game or general mafia thread) while this game is still running. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust needed to play these games fairly. This rule also means, as it is in play in every game, that you may not discuss or comment on any game that is currently being played until it is complete.

3: If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

Night Actions

1: You will be provided with a deadline to provide your night actions. Failure to send your night action (or a PM stating you are not performing your night action if your night action is not compulsory) before this deadline may result in your night action being unsuccessful or used randomly, at my discretion. You may also be punished. If I receive all night actions in good time, then I may consider starting the day phase earlier than advertised.

2: Night actions cannot be altered after I have received them, so make sure you are happy with them before sending the PM.

Behaviour

1: You are not forced to like each other but the fact that you badly want so and so lynched does not give you the right to be nasty to him or her. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Light insulting is permitted, but try not to go over the top or I may step in.

2: Discussing the structure or wording of your role PM is against the spirit of the game and is strictly forbidden.

3. Do not discuss the wording of your win condition and do not ask about the wording of other players’ win conditions. Anyone doing so is likely to be modkilled (as it is against the spirit of the game to try and find out people’s alignment or reveal your alignment in this way).

4: Using site mechanics is against the spirit of the game and should not be used. It is perfectly OK to see someone has been posting elsewhere and comment on that, but anything else is off limits, such as looking at profiles to see who has visited or monitoring their activity. This is discussed more here if you are interested.

5: Do not use the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" during the game, regardless of you being alive or dead. Trying to express an opinion in this way is against the spirit of the game, especially as mods can view who is doing this for nothing and others need to pay. If you have something to say, say it in thread. If you can't talk in thread, such as being dead, then you shouldn't have the ability to communicate your opinion in any way.

Punishment

1: I reserve the right to punish, replace or modkill anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary. Modkills are strictly a last resort or for rule breaking that leaves no option. If a townie is modkilled, the day will end.

2: Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason or anyone that is modkilled for flaking or deliberate rule breaking has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

3: Any modkill will be specifically stated as such in the game. If it doesn’t say “modkill” then it wasn’t a modkill. If it does say “modkill” then it is. Simples!

4: Anyone modkilled forfeits their original win condition and has it altered to that of a survivor. Basically, if you are modkilled, you do not win regardless of what happens in the game.

---

If you have any questions or anything you are unsure of, always feel free to PM me to ask.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 20:41:58 (last edited Sep 5th 2018, 22:18:03 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
Players List
(click on the player name to view their profile)

1. Abhishek Bhardwaj replaced by Kirsty Ridley on Day 1 killed on N2
2. Michael Monteleyola killed on N4
3. Martin Irla killed on N2
4. Yug Desai lynched on D5
5. Harsh Sheth
6. Gareth Griffiths
7. Riley Dunlop killed on N3
8. Alex Nikodem-Wing committed suicide on D1
9. Damir Hictaler replaced by Grant Crouch on Day 1 killed on N4
10. Lyee Chong killed on N1
11. Tom Byrne
12. Cameron Halsall lynched on D1
13. George Slater lynched on D4
14. Mike Baston
15. Stuart McIntyre lynched on D3
16. Kevin Parkinson
17. Saulius Majauskas lynched on D2

Reserves

1. Rocco Stallone
2. Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
3. Jimmy De Roy
4. Phil Maunder
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 22:59:12 (last edited Sep 1st 2018, 23:01:11 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
Links to game events
(Click on the text to take you to the post)

Day 1

Day start
Vote Count 1.1
Vote Count 1.2
Kirsty replaces Abhishek
Vote Count 1.3
Activity Nudge: Damir, Stuart
Grant replaces Damir
Vote Count 1.4
Vote Count 1.5
Vote Count 1.6
Activity Nudge: Michael
Vote Count 1.7
Final Vote Count
Lynch/Day end

Day 2

Day start
Vote Count 2.1
Vote Count 2.2
Vote Count 2.3
Activity Nudge: Stuart, Michael
Vote Count 2.4
Vote Count 2.5
Vote Count 2.6
Vote Count 2.7
Final Vote Count
Lynch/Day end

Day 3

Day start
Vote Count 3.1
Final Vote Count
Lynch/Day end

Day 4

Day start
Vote Count 4.1
Vote Count 4.2
Vote Count 4.3
Vote Count 4.4
Final Vote Count
Lynch/Day end

Day 5

Day start
Vote Count 5.1
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Aug 2nd 2018, 23:01:34 (last edited Aug 30th 2018, 04:36:25 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
Current Deadline(s)

With 6 players alive, it will require 4 votes to achieve a lynch decision. Day 5 Lynch deadline is Monday, September 3rd at 20:00 CET.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 18:51:34 Quote 
You may post now!
Yug Desai3
(Group Master - 2)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 18:52:12 Quote 
Hi :P
Harsh Sheth
(Group Rookie - 78)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 18:57:49 Quote 
Okay I was wrong about having an internet connection. Damn fortunate that the thread is opened up almost exactly when I finally get some internet and log in :P

##Vote Saulius

I love that name. Will add it to my list of potential pet dog names.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:15:38 Quote 
Mod note

If it’s not mentioned in your Role PM, you do NOT have a Night Action on N0.

I’m sorry for any misunderstanding this may have caused.
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:18:06 Quote 
Hi everybody.
First game of Mafia ever,and i really wanted to try this,voting.So...

¨vote Lyee

Must i say why???
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:19:22 Quote 
Sorry forgot the ##

##vote Lyee
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 34)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:23:05 Quote 
##Vote Martin

Welcome to Mafia. And for forgetting the##
Harsh Sheth
(Group Rookie - 78)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:23:21 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ August 3rd 2018,19:18:06 )

Hi everybody.
First game of Mafia ever,and i really wanted to try this,voting.So...

¨vote Lyee

Must i say why???

Because his name has that rather unnecessary 'y'?
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:28:03 Quote 
One of the reason,but not the most important.
First,i think he is crazy,he knows why i say this.Then,cause i like him,and as this is sort of a joke vote,i wont have any problems in changing it afterwards unless he looks really scummy.
And also cause im going away saturday and part of sunday,so i might just write something today....
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:29:14 Quote 
Gareth,you certainly cant be so nasty to vote a noob first day,please let me some expirience.
And thanks for the welcome...
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 34)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:37:12 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ August 3rd 2018,19:29:14 )

Gareth,you certainly cant be so nasty to vote a noob first day,please let me some expirience.
And thanks for the welcome...
so how come you can joke vote Lyee another noob but you react when I joke vote you.

Shouldn’t be overly concerned by 1 vote this early in a game this large.
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:41:47 Quote 
Its not im concerned,but im very contradictory Gareth,and no one never pays me attention.
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 34)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:49:33 Quote 
Trying to slip through unnoticed then. Noted
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:52:39 Quote 
If it was only that,i wouldnt be posting so much already if it was.
At first,its only "look listen and learn",there will be time to make a plan afterwards.
George Slater4
(Group Amateur - 69)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 19:55:04 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ August 3rd 2018,19:41:47 )

no one never pays me attention.

In this game, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, although trying to do so can be seen as scummy.
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:02:00 Quote 
As i see it,not posting probably draws more attention than posting too much.
But as i said,the only reason is that as i wont be here tomorrow and part of sunday,so i might as well introduce myself and post today..
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Pro - 17)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:04:26 Quote 
Lots of new players, welcome all.

##Vote Damir

See if he gets upset again :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:08:51 Quote 
##Vote Stuart

Serious vote. Policy lynch to save future inactivity. Is there any reason to expect you'll stick to activity rules this time around?

---

Suppose I should act all unscummy and say hi to the newbies so... "Hi, noobs!" :)

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:10:51 Quote 
With so many newbies, I feel I should dig out my super helpful informative post :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:15:35 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ August 26th 2015,11:55:57 )

Nice to see some activity :)

Now time for a Kevin, no one really cares and probably won't read anyway, post (maybe slight rant :p).

Activity (or lack of it)

If you aren't going to be active to whatever the game requirements are, don't join the game. Simples. Things obviously come up unexpectedly to impact on activity, and that can't be helped, but you should be, at the very least, keeping the mod fully informed by PM and allowing the mod to make a call on how to deal with it.

A mod needs to be strict but fair with such instances - replacements don't help a game, long term or repeated periods of inactivity don't help a game - so I'm not saying it's an easy thing to do. A mod also needs to try and be consistent, but this may not always be obvious to players as they aren't aware of circumstances or communication that has happened between inactive player and mod.

Someone being inactive is never an indication of alignment.

Lurking

Players lurking can only be dealt with by other players in the game. It is a valid strategy (albeit an infuriating one, and a poor one for a townie, in general, IMO) and it's up to everyone to deal with it by putting them under real lynch pressure. Now that's not giving them a couple of votes "to get them posting" as that really does very little. You must be willing to lynch them, and when they get close to the lynch, you'll see a change of style on most occasions.

Talk of no information being gained is simply not true. Information can be gained by how people react, vote, and justify their actions regardless of the person being lynched being active or not.

Any talk of appearing scummy by going after lurkers is total nonsense. Letting players that could be scum and aren't risking contributing anything to incriminate themselves away without any real pressure is poor town play.

Missing deadlines

This is simply not on, especially when a player has been active. There is no excuse to not have a vote down in time, even if on a "safe place" so as to make sure no deadline is missed. Totally against the spirit of the game to miss voting deadlines. Obviously, in the case of unknown inactivity, mod judgement needs to be used, but everyone should just keep a vote in place from early in the game day.

Joke phase / RVS

The purpose of this is to begin to generate a bit of activity. GPRO players tend to do it with a joke phase; it's more of a random voting stage elsewhere. It's not impossible that information can come from this to give a lead, but generally joke votes are joke votes - but that's how things differ from RVS on other sites.

Like dealing with lurkers, as I mentioned earlier, voting really isn't a big deal unless true intent to lynch, so true pressure is applied. With nothing to go on at the start of day 1, everyone is as likely scum as anyone else, so randomly picking one player and lynching them, or at least getting enough votes on them to make their lynch a real possibility (again, you must be willing to actually lynch them as the votes aren't really pressure if they're just for show), will generate a load of activity, reaction, and, hopefully information.

No lynch risk during the day

This infuriates the life out of me. Calls of "too early to end the game day" or, even worse "too early to put him at L-something" are total nonsense.

Most activity and game day information happens when people are under real pressure! Now that can be questioning, or that can be real lynch pressure (seeing a pattern yet, mentioned this a few times now?).

People need to stop being overly concerned about leaving time for information to appear while, at the very same time, not applying the kind of pressure that can give the kind of information you're apparently waiting for.

If someone deserves the pressure, try and lynch them. They'll defend themselves, others may defend them, they may not get lynched. But you'll have more talk in thread to work with than if they don't feel any real pressure on them.

Lynch deadlines

These are the latest time you can lynch; they are NOT when the lynch should be happening each day.

Lynches should happen any time during the day (see previous points). At the very latest, if early lynches can't be agreed upon, you should be trying to secure a lynch at least 24 hours before the actual lynch deadline so, if people's minds are changed last minute in light of a claim or other new information, then there is still time for everyone, regardless of timezone, to react.

Abusive play

Notice, I didn't say aggressive play. There is nothing wrong with aggressive play, but there's been outright abuse for no good gaming reason, sometimes stepping over the line too, in recent games. Not only is it not acceptable, it ruins games, both for those playing and those reading along.

And if you're going to be aggressive, ask yourself what your purpose is. Why are you doing it? Is it helping you achieve what you want to achieve or get the answers or responses you want to? Or is it just alienating players and making it harder to get responses? Is it time to ease off or take an easier approach? All things to consider. Nothing wrong with aggressive play, but solidly aggressive with no easing off, or aggressive with no actual purpose, is generally no good for anyone.

OMGUS - Town don't know you're town!

It's getting beyond a joke how some people attack, or outright claim someone to be scummy, just for doubting their alignment or not agreeing with their line of thought. Townies don't know you're being genuine. Your line of thought, even if genuine, may not always be correct.

By all means, if there is poor reasoning involved, question it, but you can't instantly assume anyone doubting you is scum.

Scum motivation and repeating stuff you don't understand

Talks of things "looking scummy" is, on the most part, total bullshit.

If you genuinely believe something to be scummy, then you should be able to explain the scum motivation behind the action(s) that you are claiming to be scummy. Is it actually scum motivated, or just an uninformed townie play?

And sick of hearing people trot out mafia-mantra they may have once heard but can't back up themselves to confirm how accurate or reliable it is. If you're going to claim something is scummy, you should be able to provide evidence or justification to why you think so.

---

Post/rant over :)

Anyone still want to play a game? :p
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:16:21 Quote 
Thanks Start,Kevin...
Kev,please try not to ask me too many questions and figure me out too early.
You are one of the most expirinced players here and almost everybody is a little bit scared of you,i would be an easy prey till i dont get some expirience.
Thinking it better forget about what i said,i should only be worried if i was scum....
Martin Irla
(Group Pro - 17)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:17:08 Quote 
Typo,thanks Stuart and not Start...
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:17:23 Quote 
To new players especially, have a read (feel free to click on "Quote" to go to the original post to have the titles bolded and underlined and see it's an out of game post, so not biased by alignment).

Do any of you have an opinion on any of it or disagree with any of it? Feel free to share your thoughts and reasons.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 72)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Aug 3rd 2018, 20:19:56 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ August 3rd 2018,20:16:21 )

You are one of the most expirinced players here and almost everybody is a little bit scared of you,i would be an easy prey till i dont get some expirience.

Nothing to be scared of. As long as you don't avoid answering questions ;)

Remember that even when you feel you're getting a hard time, or tough an ongoing questioning, it's usually trying to work out your alignment over thinking you're scum, and never anything personal. And I wouldn't want you to not get the full mafia experience, so I'm sure I'll put you under pressure at some point.
Page [12 3 ... 148 149 150 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic