Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Possible to renew sponsor Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Possible to renew sponsor 10 replies
Rolf Oversier
(Group Rookie - 69)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Nov 4th 2018, 18:32:05 Quote 
Is it possible to renew a current sponsors contract without the long wait, just like renewing the drivers contract?
Vakaris Stankevičius
(Group Amateur - 5)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Nov 4th 2018, 18:32:38 Quote 
Sorry to say, but no
Daniel Bonilla
(Group Amateur - 6)

Ecuador 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Nov 4th 2018, 19:02:25 Quote 
This should be implemented somehow...depending on performance.
Max Watson
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Nov 4th 2018, 19:11:58 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Bonilla @ November 4th 2018,19:02:25 )

This should be implemented somehow...depending on performance.

So that managers at the top of elite can stay there forever? =]
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Pro - 7)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Nov 4th 2018, 20:09:18 Quote 
Those managers are your teammates, kant :P
Max Watson
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Nov 4th 2018, 20:20:02 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ November 4th 2018,20:09:18 )

Those managers are your teammates, kant :P

Making their eventual decline into humiliation and despair all the more vital, Immanuel.
Rolf Oversier
(Group Rookie - 69)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #7 posted Nov 7th 2018, 14:35:21 Quote 
It would be nice to renegotiate your contract for a new term with a current sponsor. If you are doing less good they will offer you less, hard to accept for some ;-) If you do good you can ask more, but not too much or maybe you can. If there are enough sponsors available it will not be a problem. It just gives an extra dimension to the sponsor part of the game.

It is the same with the driver, you build up a relationship with the people you work with. Team, driver, sponsor etc.
Brad Park
(Group Amateur - 63)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Nov 7th 2018, 14:49:51 Quote 
Slightly changing the topic but i think GPRO should introduce an actual team sponsorship system that money is split between the managers. I know there's a team standings etc but I'm more about actual sponsors.

Team Sponsorship could be calculated on the basis of several things such as:

Teams previous standings
Managers duration in a team
Quality of results for team objectives
Overall quality of drivers which form the team.

You could introduce perks such as x amount of drivers finishing in a certain position then you can cash boost from the team sponsor which could be paid straight away.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Nov 7th 2018, 14:50:41 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 14:52:02 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Rolf Oversier @ November 7th 2018,14:35:21 )

It would be nice to renegotiate your contract for a new term with a current sponsor.

But you can. When the contract ends, start re-negotiations.

Quote ( Rolf Oversier @ November 4th 2018,18:32:05 )

Is it possible to renew a current sponsors contract without the long wait, just like renewing the drivers contract?

To prevent sponsor hogging, no

Quote ( Brad Park @ November 7th 2018,14:49:51 )

Slightly changing the topic but i think GPRO should introduce an actual team sponsorship system that money is split between the managers.

Managers in teams already get enough advantages over people who are not in teams.
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Nov 7th 2018, 15:04:29 (last edited Nov 7th 2018, 15:06:25 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ November 7th 2018,14:50:41 )

Quote ( Rolf Oversier @ November 4th 2018,18:32:05 )

To prevent sponsor hogging, no

Technically it would be possible without encouraging sponsor hogging.

A sponsor could theoretically become available for negotiations as soon as a contract with it is signed. Managers could battle to negotiate with the sponsor like normal, but not be able to receive sponsorship from it until its current contract (with whomever) is finished. Even the current contract holder could enter negotiations with it. So in that regard, re-negotiations would become possible without the threat of sponsor hogging.

The implications of the above, however, might not all be positive. I haven't thought any of that through. The first issue I can see with it is what happens when two or more managers hit 100% before the contract expires.
George Slater4
(Group Pro - 9)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Nov 8th 2018, 01:11:45 Quote 
Quote ( Brad Park @ November 7th 2018,14:49:51 )

Slightly changing the topic but i think GPRO should introduce an actual team sponsorship system that money is split between the managers. I know there's a team standings etc but I'm more about actual sponsors.

This would benefit the teams that are already consistently near the top of the team standings and just help to make them even more dominant. Teams like PRT or Jaguar, who really don't need any help to be more successful. It would then hurt less successful teams and even more so those managers who aren't in or don't want to be in teams by having a reduced income relative to those in the top teams.

As Mikko says, there is enough incentive already to want to join a team, and a good team at that.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Possible to renew sponsor Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic