Forum topic poll
YOU QUIT MONEY WITH WHAT?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: About Money 105 replies
Eric Boutin
(Group Amateur - 90)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (12)
Old post #61 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:39:11 (last edited Jan 4th 2019, 22:45:37 by Eric Boutin) Quote 
I am starting to hate the game. I had some fun in rookie but in amateur its really unfair whatever others say. You cant compete with people who have 100000 money and good drivers and everything when you come from rookie and most everyone else have been there for a long time and have been relegated or in amateur many seasons and have so much money , better cars and everything. Yes some say thats how the game is made but it is still too hard for someone like me who started to play not so long ago and would like some real competition and fun and a chance to do something good. Being in the last positions in the standings and having almost no chance to stay in amateur and make things better , it makes the game really boring and bad to play. You dont have to agree but this is my personal opinion. All players should have same money and equal cars at each start of season whatever if rookie amateur or else so everyone is equal to start a season. It is really unrealistic that some have so much compared to other players and makes everything unfair. I tried to listen to the comments of some here but it dont help and dont change my mind. The game is unfair. Some start a season with strong advantages and it makes the game really idiot for others. Its like if a sports game would start with a score of 3-0 or something at the beginning...
Andy Guy
(Group Pro - 10)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #62 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:42:02 Quote 
This a management game so its about the longer term plan. Yes there can be frustrating seasons but no rises to the top immediately.. Good luck though
Kasper Meng
(Group Amateur - 56)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #63 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:43:50 (last edited Jan 4th 2019, 22:44:42 by Kasper Jæger) Quote 
Quote ( Eric Boutin @ January 4th 2019,22:39:11 )

I am starting to hate the game. I had some fun in rookie but in amateur its really unfair whatever others say. You cant compete with people who have 100000 money and good drivers when you come from rookie and most everyone else have been there for a long time and have been relegated or in amateur many seasons and have so much money , better cars and everything. Yes some say thats how the game is made but it is still too hard for someone like me who started to play not so long ago and would like some real competition and fun and a chance to do something good. Being in the last positions in the standings and having almost no chance to stay in amateur and make things better , it makes the game really boring and bad to play. You dont have to agree but this is my personal opinion. All players should have same money and equal cars at each start of season whatever if rookie amateur or else so everyone is equal to start a season.

This is mine 2nd season in amateur, and i got 2 podiums. Maybe your driver is not good enough? Settings is wrong for the races? It could be many things, but dont blame the game, the game is awesome.
Mark Van Daalen
(Group Amateur - 23)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #64 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:47:27 Quote 
it is a money management game the most...
you left rookie without cash.... so it is hard to compete in ama. but not impossible..
you really only need to get 1 or 2 good results to retain in AMA

you spending more than you earn... so try to maximise your parts and run lower risks in races.
then choose one or 2 races to really push to get a result.

try to get all the parts to 100% wear before upgrading them

good luck
Florencia Caro
(Group Amateur - 69)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #65 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:47:58 Quote 
Agree with Kasper there, there's a high chance that your driver is sub-par and that is what is making things so hard for you, Eric
Eric Boutin
(Group Amateur - 90)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (7)
Old post #66 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:48:09 Quote 
Kasper maybe u were lucky to end up in an easy group but mine is really unfair. Drivers with so much money and everything. No chance to do anything. Yes i blame the game. This system is just stupid. Like i said , its like if a sports game would start with a 3-0 lead for a team. Some start a season with full money , great car elevels and when u come from a lower group you have no chance at all.
Mark Van Daalen
(Group Amateur - 23)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:51:26 (last edited Jan 4th 2019, 22:52:21 by Mark Van Daalen) Quote 
you got promoted because 2 guys went in negative ... so yea that is tough from the game... you could not prepare well for the AMA season..

if you promote from rookie into ama ... you should at least have 30M to start in AMA... that would make live much easier as by the time of race 3 or race 4 you would have at least 50 million to play with

Gastón Paris
(Group Pro - 20)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #68 posted Jan 4th 2019, 22:52:37 Quote 
I suggest you to join a team. They can help you to understand how to retain un ama. As general rule the first season in any group is hard. We only point to survive foto the next season training driver, improving the car and, also, raising some money.

As others said, this a manager game. You have to think in long term plans. Top managers make plans for the next 10 seasons.
Max Watson
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #69 posted Jan 4th 2019, 23:17:08 Quote 
Quote ( Eric Boutin @ January 4th 2019,22:48:09 )

Some start a season with full money , great car elevels and when u come from a lower group you have no chance at all.

So presumably when these people you mention first entered their respective groups none of their opponents had much cash? :)
Constantin Heller
(Group Rookie - 22)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #70 posted Jan 5th 2019, 20:05:09 Quote 
Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to just take the relegation to Rookie, find a better driver to take to Amateur, and promote again but with money in your bank. I agree that it's quite hard to compete if you're already out of money the day the season starts,
Pedro Alves
(Group Rookie - 35)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Jan 16th 2019, 20:59:07 Quote 
at what percentage should we replace the part?
Constantin Heller
(Group Rookie - 22)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Jan 16th 2019, 21:44:37 Quote 
Quote ( Pedro Alves @ January 16th 2019,20:59:07 )

at what percentage should we replace the part?

It really depends on the track a lot, and also very much on the risks you take, as those will make your car wear faster.

Basically, it's all about collecting data first. Then, you'll eventually be able to take an educated guess on how much each part will wear during the race.

At 90% wear and above, your parts have an increased chance of breaking, so you'd usually want to replace/downgrade any part that you think will go above around 90% by the end of the race to avoid them breaking early and losing lots of time.

Of course, letting your parts wear further can be used as a strategical decision once you have more accurate data.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #73 posted Apr 6th 2020, 19:50:45 Quote 
I just read the Newbie Guide about the Money and ... it sends different messages.

To the guys who have promotions chances, they have to "Scrimp and save is the mark of a true champion". Start with 30.000 and end with... 60.000?

To the guys who have no chance for promotion... it's the Reset party. Why are you going to play finance champ? It's the wrong message, right?

To the guys who realize it won't be this season in the last races and have been finance champs, what kind of cars, staff, facilities they can get to the perhaps most important races for the guys fighting for promotion. They can take to top of the grid and classifications in the last races.

I guess this season I won't learn much about racing finances much.

Diogo Abdalla
(Group Master - 5)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:13:33 Quote 
Yeah, you wont learn much about finances on rookie. The real financial managing starts at amateur
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #75 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:23:43 Quote 
Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ April 6th 2020,20:13:33 )

Yeah, you wont learn much about finances on rookie. The real financial managing starts at amateur

But if you don't play and spend a little with Staff and Facilities you will be a total Rookie in these matters when in Amateur. It's another start.

Ah I know, I should get a mentor and join a team. I foresee a lot of seasons as rookie with some rare dashes of amateur tail tastes once in a long while...
Vesa Ritvanen
(Group Amateur - 51)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #76 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:29:00 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,20:23:43 )

I should get a mentor and join a team.

You don't need team or mentor to learn finances. Just earn more than spend.
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Master - 5)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #77 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:29:30 Quote 
You dont need to spend anything on Staff & facilities on rookie. Leave that to ama
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:40:33 Quote 
Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ April 6th 2020,20:29:30 )

You dont need to spend anything on Staff & facilities on rookie. Leave that to ama

Yes, that's exactly what is stated in the Newbie Guide.

My point is Rookie level is not financially "fair". While real contenders have to contain and even grow if possible and most can just spend all along the season that... no harm.

It's real their problem but the reset. The first things I heard about money was save and in the end spend it all. We are not learning that well. That's just my first season rookie opinion.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:41:34 Quote 
Quote ( Vesa Ritvanen @ April 6th 2020,20:29:00 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,20:23:43 )

I should get a mentor and join a team.

You don't need team or mentor to learn finances. Just earn more than spend.

That's what I'm trying to do.
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Master - 5)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:42:15 (last edited Apr 6th 2020, 20:43:29 by Diogo Abdalla) Quote 
Is not meant to be fair, is meant to be easy

You will have plenty of time (and need) to learn finances on amateur. Focus on learning the basics of the game for now
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #81 posted Apr 6th 2020, 20:59:06 Quote 
Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ April 6th 2020,20:42:15 )

You will have plenty of time (and need) to learn finances on amateur. Focus on learning the basics of the game for now

Yes, there is a lot of time and learning.

This season learn how to compete in all races and end above debt.
Next season learn how to save on the car and still end in the top 4 while half are going to shopping spree in the end of the championship racing with... their "Mercedes".

It's challenging. I like it. :-)
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 48)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:01:20 Quote 

Quote ( Eric Boutin @ January 4th 2019,22:39:11 )

am starting to hate the game. I had some fun in rookie but in amateur its really unfair whatever others say. You cant compete with people who have 100000 money and good drivers and everything when you come from rookie and most everyone else have been there for a long time and have been relegated or in amateur many seasons and have so much money , better cars and everything. Yes some say thats how the game is made but it is still too hard for someone like me who started to play not so long ago and would like some real competition and fun and a chance to do so

I gave you a thumbs up. Why? Because there's people here who forget that for the good of the game we need to listen to what others say, because many of us forget that not everony has the same point of view. How would I feel if I had 17 races where I have no chance to race properly? I'd be fed up by the end of it, and I'm sure many new players will be too.

So it is not whether you are right or wrong about the difficulty level, the fact is that this game can be monolithically slow at times (saver seasons... strategically they are needed but who honestly enjoys them?!) and it can also be punishing because of that. I dont blame you if you don't stick around until May, but I hope you do.
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Pro - 7)

Paraguay 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #83 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:04:02 Quote 
A publication says that Mercedez has a budget of 500 million euros to spend and Sauber 90 million, even so they compete in the same category, it doesn't seem fair either
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:10:18 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,20:59:06 )

Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ April 6th 2020,20:42:15 )

Yes, there is a lot of time and learning.

This season learn how to compete in all races and end above debt.
Next season learn how to save on the car and still end in the top 4 while half are going to shopping spree in the end of the championship racing with... their "Mercedes".

It's challenging. I like it. :-)

With the right driver in rookie you can promote with a level 1 car all season if you wanted(not a good idea though). I suggest you start by figuring out what stats are important for rookie. :)
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:12:35 Quote 
Quote ( Gabriel Arbona @ April 6th 2020,21:04:02 )

A publication says that Mercedez has a budget of 500 million euros to spend and Sauber 90 million, even so they compete in the same category, it doesn't seem fair either

It is fair. It's the reality. That's what this game is about. Except the non-reality of the financial Reset. I'm taking there is no financial reset in the above levels. Pardon if I'm wrong then.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:25:09 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ April 6th 2020,21:10:18 )

With the right driver in rookie you can promote with a level 1 car all season if you wanted(not a good idea though). I suggest you start by figuring out what stats are important for rookie. :)

I was actually lucky to get some good driver that was above Rookie level in the first couple of races and with a good Technical Insight which is what all my drivers will have to have. This is particular has also Talent. I think this is the rookie stats to look for too.

I'm actually not complaining any other thing about the game. All guys above me have been here for much longer and even in Amateur. I already got a 2nd in a lucky race. So, I will see how the end of the season doesn't change the sport truth. If I need a couple of points and all the top positions are filled with... guys with no Reputation at all. :-)
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Master - 5)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Apr 6th 2020, 21:30:41 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,21:12:35 )

Quote ( Gabriel Arbona @ April 6th 2020,21:04:02 )

It is fair. It's the reality. That's what this game is about. Except the non-reality of the financial Reset. I'm taking there is no financial reset in the above levels. Pardon if I'm wrong then.

No, thats a rookie only thing
Brad Marshall1
(Group Amateur - 74)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #88 posted Apr 6th 2020, 23:29:01 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,20:40:33 )

My point is Rookie level is not financially "fair". While real contenders have to contain and even grow if possible and most can just spend all along the season that... no harm.

If I read you correctly you are making the argument that Rookie is inherently unfair because those who don't wish to promote can be reckless with their spending, gaining them an advantage over their fiscally-responsible peers. If that is the case, let me assure you that extravagant spending in Rookie usually has a negligible effect on performance.

It is also unnecessary to take any amount of cash (so long as it's nonzero) to Ama to succeed, although I would recommend practicing fiscal restraint from the beginning, as you quote from the newbie guide.
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #89 posted Apr 6th 2020, 23:44:09 Quote 
Brad is right but some cash would be nice. But that won't be much of a problem when you promote...

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2020,21:25:09 )

and with a good Technical Insight which is what all my drivers will have to have.

Ditch this idea. Thank me later.
Gabriel Arbona
(Group Pro - 7)

Paraguay 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Apr 7th 2020, 00:00:13 Quote 
It is true, becoming a millionaire does not necessarily make you smart to manage it, which brings us to point two where having little money does not make you incompetent either.
Page « 1 2 [34 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic