Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver Energy and Race Performance Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Driver Energy and Race Performance 20 replies
Kemal Denizli
(Group Rookie - 38)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Jan 16th 2019, 15:52:39 Quote 
Does initial driver energy affect the race performance if the energy is always above %0 during and at the end of the race?

For instance, would that make a difference on my performance if I started with %100 energy or %90 energy, even if I end up with more than %0 energy on both?

Having changes such as:

%100 -> %60
or
%90 -> %50
or
%70 -> %30
Riley Dunlop
(Group Rookie - 74)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Jan 16th 2019, 15:53:38 (last edited Jan 16th 2019, 15:54:01 by Riley Dunlop) Quote 
Basically no. If your energy stays above 0% it has no effect on your race performance
Kemal Denizli
(Group Rookie - 38)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Jan 16th 2019, 20:26:30 (last edited Jan 16th 2019, 20:28:35 by Kemal Denizli) Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ January 16th 2019,15:53:38 )

Basically no. If your energy stays above 0% it has no effect on your race performance

So I do not have to wait 2-3 days after a race to get %100 energy to do the qualifications for the next race?
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Pro - 21)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Jan 16th 2019, 20:28:28 Quote 
Kemal, the driver energy has no effect at all on qualifying and practice. You can confirm this yourself by doing one practice lap, waiting a few hours until he has some more energy, and then doing another practice lap :)

In races, as Riley stated, the only thing that will affect pace is running out of energy.
Kemal Denizli
(Group Rookie - 38)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jan 16th 2019, 20:29:54 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 16th 2019,20:28:28 )

Kemal, the driver energy has no effect at all on qualifying and practice. You can confirm this yourself by doing one practice lap, waiting a few hours until he has some more energy, and then doing another practice lap :)

In races, as Riley stated, the only thing that will affect pace is running out of energy.

I was far too overconcerned :) thanks guys.
Mike Bennett
(Group Amateur - 26)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #6 posted Jan 16th 2019, 20:31:29 (last edited Jan 16th 2019, 20:32:15 by Mike Bennett) Quote 
Quote ( Kemal Denizli @ January 16th 2019,20:26:30 )

Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ January 16th 2019,15:53:38 )

So I do not have to wait 2-3 days to get %100 energy to do the qualifications?

That is correct, you will never have 0% energy after a race update, you will always get a certain % back after the race update.
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Amateur - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Jan 16th 2019, 23:40:23 Quote 

Kemal, the driver energy has no effect at all on qualifying and practice.

You sure ? It dos not have any effect on practice laps, but doing qualifications and choosing one or the other risk takes energy away, so in theory with 0% trying to push to the limit, should give the same results as keeping the car on track.
Florencia Caro
(Group Amateur - 69)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jan 16th 2019, 23:42:50 Quote 
Quote ( Dainius Vaškys @ January 16th 2019,23:40:23 )

doing qualifications and choosing one or the other risk takes energy away, so in theory with 0% trying to push to the limit, should give the same results as keeping the car on track.
What you state is right, but it's not what Kemal asked in the opening post.
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Amateur - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Jan 16th 2019, 23:44:19 Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ January 16th 2019,23:42:50 )

What you state is right, but it's not what Kemal asked in the opening post.

I know, I just pointed out that particular line, so it won't confuse Kemal :]
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Pro - 21)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jan 17th 2019, 00:00:37 Quote 
Good point Dainius, never been in such a situation myself :)
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Group Master - 5)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Jan 17th 2019, 08:06:53 Quote 
Quote ( Dainius Vaškys @ January 16th 2019,23:40:23 )

Kemal, the driver energy has no effect at all on qualifying and practice.
You sure ? It dos not have any effect on practice laps, but doing qualifications and choosing one or the other risk takes energy away, so in theory with 0% trying to push to the limit, should give the same results as keeping the car on track.

How would you do that, after the race you immideatly get some % of energy so that you always will have energy to qualify (this is because people who would qualify right after last race would benefit from this)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Pro - 21)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Jan 17th 2019, 11:18:04 Quote 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ January 17th 2019,08:06:53 )

How would you do that, after the race you immideatly get some % of energy so that you always will have energy to qualify (this is because people who would qualify right after last race would benefit from this)

The max energy i ever used in qualifying was 22% (11 in both Q1 and Q2), so it's definitely possible :D
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Amateur - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jan 17th 2019, 11:20:06 Quote 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ January 17th 2019,08:06:53 )

It was an example that qualifying risks take some energy away. I'm not sure how much is being taken for each driver, but once it took me 11% to push the car to the limit and if you get 20% after the race and it might take the same amount in Q2, then I wonder will your risks would work or not ... But all depends on a driver you have and how much energy he will use for each risk. It's a small thing to find out for me :/
Max Watson
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted Jan 17th 2019, 11:33:40 Quote 
When the feature was first introduced there wasn't an instant increase in energy after the post-race update, so it was possible to qualify with a driver on 0%. The qualifying performance wasn't affected in this situation, so I assume it wouldn't be now either.

The post-update boost in energy was introduced to eliminate the advantage given to managers who could qualify for the next race immediately.
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Amateur - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #15 posted Jan 17th 2019, 11:35:59 Quote 
I still think driver energy has an impact in risks you can use in qualifying, if you don't have enough, you should in theory won't be able to use certain risks. Just my opinion in it.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 4)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #16 posted Jan 17th 2019, 12:14:57 Quote 
It was stated clearly in the Energy discussion, that lack of Energy did not affect Qualifying.

Has that been changed??
Dainius Vaškys
(Group Amateur - 18)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Jan 17th 2019, 12:17:13 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ January 17th 2019,12:14:57 )

It was stated clearly in the Energy discussion, that lack of Energy did not affect Qualifying.

Has that been changed??

That's a thing to find out, otherwise why energy should be dropped by certain percentage while doing qualifications if it dos not have an effect. Just to lower the amount of energy to carry to the other race ? Which dos not make any sense :/
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Pro - 18)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Jan 17th 2019, 12:22:04 Quote 
It creates an incentive for people to qualify a bit earlier. It used to be common in Elite to see everyone qualifying last minute because they didn't want to give away anything to the competition in terms of how much they were spending on car parts and how good their pace was, or what strategy they are on.

Now if you wait until 18:25 to qualify, you pay a price in terms of energy. It's a good thing because it means there is less to be gained for those who are able to be online at that time versus those who are not.
Andrzej Powalka
(Group Amateur - 29)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #19 posted Jan 17th 2019, 13:09:02 Quote 
Quote ( Dainius Vaškys @ January 17th 2019,11:35:59 )

I still think driver energy has an impact in risks you can use in qualifying, if you don't have enough, you should in theory won't be able to use certain risks. Just my opinion in it.

Guys, it's in the rules ;)
The energy level will not affect the driver pace in practice, qualifying and testing, however your driver will lose some energy during his qualifying laps.
Thomas Lundquist
(Group Pro - 17)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Feb 17th 2019, 22:02:01 (last edited Feb 18th 2019, 22:52:03 by Stefan Voggenreither) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ January 17th 2019,12:22:04 )

It creates an incentive for people to qualify a bit earlier. It used to be common in Elite to see everyone qualifying last minute because they didn't want to give away anything to the competition in terms of how much they were spending on car parts and how good their pace was, or what strategy they are on.

Now if you wait until 18:25 to qualify, you pay a price in terms of energy. It's a good thing because it means there is less to be gained for those who are able to be online at that time versus those who are not.
So it's added ONLY to make people qualify earlier?
Quote ( Andrzej Powalka @ January 17th 2019,13:09:02 )

Guys, it's in the rules ;)
The energy level will not affect the driver pace in practice, qualifying and testing, however your driver will lose some energy during his qualifying laps.

But that don't say anything about (no) effect at races :)

The idea why adding it is GOOD,
but why not make it REALISTIC when devs have bothered to add it? :)

I bet :) IRL an exhasuted driver with low energy left drive less good than a not tired driver, if not else tiredness add risk for drivers misstakes.

Edit by admin: fixing some missing tags
Alessio Girasole
(Group Amateur - 33)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 18th 2019, 21:04:15 Quote 
I clicked on your post Thomas

Inception
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver Energy and Race Performance Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic