Page [1
Author Topic: Help with the risk 7 replies
Erik Castro
(Group Rookie - 150)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Jan 27th 2019, 23:18:14 (last edited Jan 27th 2019, 23:20:10 by Erik Castro) Quote 
Hey, I'm confused with the option "risk", im a BIG noob and I don't know much of the game, so if there is any pro there, or someone, I want to ask him a question:
What risk do you recommend to put in a race? and, what risk do you put in your races?
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Jan 27th 2019, 23:44:02 Quote 
Hi Erik. Here is info from the GPRO newbie guide that you can find under the help tab.

First here we have your driver risks. As the GPRO FAQ states a value of 40 here is considered very high for Rookie. You should keep in mind that the higher the driver risks the more wear the car will sustain during the race. Also within Driver Strategy there is the option to let a teammate past. No harm in this being set on if you have a teammate in your group.

Erik Castro
(Group Rookie - 150)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jan 27th 2019, 23:57:32 Quote 
Ok, but I wanted your personal opinion like pro manager
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Jan 28th 2019, 00:08:48 Quote 
There are so many variables that there is not a single answer to the question I'm afraid.

Some races I may use 100 others I may use 0, there will be a reason as to why these choices are made but they are reasons only applicable to me. It is not like next race is Brands Hatch so I must use this risk level.

The best advice I can give for you at the moment is whilst you have your current driver use the same level of risk & see what the results for each race are.

You could also request help in the mentor forum & have a more experienced manager offer their services to you on a more personal level.

Hope this helps.
Jody Parker
(Group Amateur - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Jan 28th 2019, 00:27:19 Quote 
It's only "when the track is clear..." risks that increase your car parts wear, and more so with lower parts levels. Overtaking and Defend risks do not but they have other downsides if a driver isn't good enough to attempt passing and blocking at the levels you pick.
Malfunctioning risk is only active if the car is malfunctioning during the race, what is commonly known as "Smoking" or "T".
So consider both your driver's skills and your car levels when deciding on risks to use, and keep them down while still learning the game. Even small numbers can have a great impact.
Erik Castro
(Group Rookie - 150)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Jan 28th 2019, 00:39:46 Quote 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ January 28th 2019,00:27:19 )

It's only "when the track is clear..." risks that increase your car parts wear, and more so with lower parts levels. Overtaking and Defend risks do not but they have other downsides if a driver isn't good enough to attempt passing and blocking at the levels you pick.
Malfunctioning risk is only active if the car is malfunctioning during the race, what is commonly known as "Smoking" or "T".
So consider both your driver's skills and your car levels when deciding on risks to use, and keep them down while still learning the game. Even small numbers can have a great impact.

Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 7)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Jan 28th 2019, 00:44:16 (last edited Jan 28th 2019, 00:44:59 by Jay De Snoo) Quote 
Since you want personal advice...
Roughly 2 years ago when I joined one was assumed to be ready for amateur if you could promote from rookie level without any Clear Track risk (CT). I'm not quite sure it is still this way... I'm afraid not.

Mike give great advice.
Quote ( Mike Baston @ January 28th 2019,00:08:48 )

The best advice I can give for you at the moment is whilst you have your current driver use the same level of risk & see what the results for each race are.

Risk is not the solution to everything. One of the first things you should learn is to get the car setup within 10 from perfect within 8 laps. This is by far the greatest benefit in rookie levels, later you will learn how to bring it towards 0 with less laps. This topic might help you with that: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=15346&Page=1

Fuel, tyre wear and driver attributes are also important to understand.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jan 28th 2019, 01:55:39 Quote 
maybe sometimes it's riskier not to take a risk. Sometimes all you're guaranteeing is that things will stay the same.
Page [1

Reply to this topic