Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [1]GR Supercars 1999 - Eastern Creek Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [1]GR Supercars 1999 - Eastern Creek 57 replies
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 90)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Feb 9th 2019, 02:35:46 Quote 
Welcome Patryk!
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 90)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Feb 11th 2019, 05:56:54 Quote 
A Little Bit More About … The Drivers

What’s a racecar without someone to drive it? A very slow one. For this reason, race drivers are an integral part of any race team. You can have the best hardware available, but a poor driver could easily ruin it all (cough Helfrich at Alfa /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28374). Its even more important in a series like the V8 Supercars, where the cars are practically identical.

Without doubt the Greatest of All Time Driver is Peter Brock. 3 Touring Car Championships and 9 Victories at the Mountain earned him the name ‘Peter Perfect’. However, he retired at the end of 1997, leaving big shoes to fill at the Holden Racing Team. The role would be filled by young hopeful Craig Lowndes.

In his first Bathurst in 1994, Lowndes made a name for himself after he passed John Bowe on the outside at Griffins Bend for the lead, with just 11 laps to go, although he lost the lead just a lap later. In 1997 he would go to Europe to pursue a career in open wheel racing, but not before he would become the youngest winner of the ATCC in 1996. His European career was a disaster, so he returned for the 1998 season, which he would dominate. Now, his aims are to defend his title.

There is, however, a whole host of drivers who could be the one to stop him. Whilst they may be aging, Bowe, Johnson and Perkins all have the experience and knowhow to win. They all finished in the top ten last year, and they have a quite sizeable fan group following them. Alternatively, it could be one of the chasing pack.

Russel Ingall came second last year, and third the year before. He’s an aggressive racer who will not take no for an answer. His talent has been displayed across Europe in the years prior, but money held him back and brought him to focus on the touring cars. He may be older than a lot of the rookies, his pace is superb. Skaife came third last year as a teammate to Lowndes, and will want to prove that he is the better driver.

One thing which the new series has brought out is young talent. They may not be well known yet, but names like Tander, Bright, Bargwanna and McConville could be ones to watch for the future. Plus, the second generation of Johnson and Richards could also show some promise.

One thing is for sure. Someone will win the championship, and forge their name in history.

Drivers Market is open. DM me your bids. Joining for the game is still open.

Trivia Question – Brocks win at Bathurst in 1987 saw his car only complete 158 laps of the scheduled 161. Why did this occur?
Last Trivia answer – Phillip Island (1928-1935), Bathurst (1938, 1947, 1952, 1958) Sandown (1964, 1968, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978), Oran Park (1977), Barbagello (1979), Calder (1980-1984), Adelaide (1985-1995) (I miscounted, there are 7).

Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Group Rookie - 172)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Feb 14th 2019, 23:42:04 Quote 
Let's see who fancies a ride and an adventure for the championship...

Quote ( Tom Byrne @ February 11th 2019,05:56:54 )

Trivia Question – Brocks win at Bathurst in 1987 saw his car only complete 158 laps of the scheduled 161. Why did this occur?

First place was later disqualified?
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 90)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #34 posted Feb 15th 2019, 00:08:18 Quote 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ February 14th 2019,23:42:04 )

First place was later disqualified?

Correct! Well, actually the leading two cars were DQ'd.

For 1987, the 1000 was a part of the World Touring Car Championship. This was being dominated by the Texaco Sierras (who crossed the line first and second). It was found though that their cars were not legal, and thus had a load of results thrown out, including the 1000, which fell into the hands of the third place getting car, of Peter Brock.
Mairo Toom
(Group Master - 4)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Feb 17th 2019, 19:48:35 Quote 
Did I get my driver I want already ?
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Feb 17th 2019, 23:25:42 Quote 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 17th 2019,19:48:35 )

Did I get my driver I want already ?

This sunday coming. I'll send a reminder out later today for those yet to submit. If they do it early I'll process early.

Also its GPRO Oscars time! Somehow this game was nominated as best of the season, so vote, I guess? Also I'm up for best forum user and best Alter Ego pic, so yeah, vote for me.

Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Feb 18th 2019, 10:46:41 Quote 
Reminders sent.
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Group Rookie - 172)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Feb 21st 2019, 21:15:01 Quote 
Done. I'm looking forward to working with you guys... if you accept my offer. If you don't, then I wish the worst of luck upon you :P
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Feb 23rd 2019, 00:43:39 Quote 
Driver signings for 1999 Season

The grid for the 1999 season for the V8 Supercars is beginning to take shape, with the first wave of contracts being signed.

These are headlined by the big money splashed out by Estonian Holden Racing. In a deal worth over $1 million, Craig Lowndes will join the team until the end of 2001, earning $31,000 each race weekend.

At Tiger Racing, Garth Tander will race with the team this year, with the second seat unconfirmed as yet. Both Lowndes and Tander were wanted men, and as such teams had to pay top dollar to get them.

Mark Skaife will drive for Frosty KOTM, whilst Greg Murphy will join Team Dinoco, and the Paul Radisich will be at CM-Tech Racing.

The teams who fared well were Arpeggi Autosport and Aqua Motorsport, both getting 2 drivers and getting band for their buck. The highly talented Russell Ingall and Glenn Seton will make up the crew at Aqua, whilst Steven Richards teams up with Rodney Forbes at Arpeggi.

Dániel Vankó is our first Driver-Manager, although his second seat is still empty. Gareth Griffiths will be shaking his head after he missed out on all his offers for drivers to join Longhurst Racing, although he gets another shot at the board, as does everyone else.

Teams will have until 2CET Saturday 2nd of March for the second Driver Market, as well as for Car Point assignment. This is also the best time to tell me which drivers you want on which number, and car liveries.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Feb 23rd 2019, 11:08:58 Quote 
Title updated to reflect what is going on.
Joining is still open, and is technically always open
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Feb 23rd 2019, 11:48:25 Quote 
If you have an idea as to what you want your car to look like, send me a PM or leave it here. I'm working out how the editor works.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Feb 24th 2019, 10:24:48 Quote 
And we have our first team Livery Reveal!

These are the two Aqua Motorsport cars, which will be driven by Russell Ingall and Glenn Seton respectively.

Reminder that the Drivers Market is open, liveries can be designed, and this week is also car point allocation week. Details for that are on the spreadsheet, but you all have 50 points to split up amongst the twelve races this season. You can spend a max of 10 CP per race.
Patryk Szeffler
(Group Rookie - 145)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #43 posted Feb 24th 2019, 16:28:37 Quote 
And how about Dinoco?
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Feb 26th 2019, 02:11:34 Quote 
We have another 2 teams liveries to reveal right now.

First is CM-Tech

And then we also have the two Dinoco Cars

Don't forget about the drivers market and CP submission. I'm going to send reminders out now.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #45 posted Feb 28th 2019, 11:18:39 Quote 
Not long left and many teams still to send. Get to it lads.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Mar 1st 2019, 00:35:31 Quote 
I still have two teams left to submit and the deadline is 24 hours away. I am PMing them right now. If they do not submit their Car Points, they get a pure random allocation.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Mar 2nd 2019, 02:01:44 Quote 
The time is now 2CET. One team has been given a random value for their CP. I will announce these items shortly.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Mar 2nd 2019, 02:09:26 Quote 
First up the Car Points.

No one really has a consensus on what the best strategy is. A few teams are focusing on certain events, whilst others are spread out. I think the key events will be Calder, with the lowest spend, and the first endurance race, at Queensland Raceway, with the highest spend.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Mar 2nd 2019, 02:49:40 Quote 
Now to the drivers

Larry Perkins will join Greg Murphy at Team Dinoco on a two year deal, whilst Jason Bright has a similar contract at Longhurst Racing. Tiger Racing welcomes Paul Weel, whilst one asks if too many cooks will spill the broth at Carrenglossy Motorsport, with 4 drivers signing a year long deal. It will be interesting to see who drives and when at that squad.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #50 posted Mar 2nd 2019, 03:56:19 (last edited Mar 2nd 2019, 04:04:47 by Tom Byrne) Quote 
And with that we progress to Round 1, to be held at Eastern Creek.

Track Wiki Listing: https://grsupercars.miraheze.org/wiki/Eastern_Creek

Track Guide: https://youtu.be/epKZ_oXSjas

The Eastern Creek Circuit has 11 main corners. The first is almost flat out, and leads to a tight hairpin. The following 90 degree corners require perfect driving to complete quickly. The hairpin at turn 8 is tight and could spark some action. The final complex also provides a good spot to dive up the inside. The pit lane is rather long, and as such drivers will look to minimize time spent there. Cars should last about 5 laps before needing to pit.

Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Group Rookie - 172)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #51 posted Mar 2nd 2019, 20:25:26 Quote 
We're so close now! Is the next deadline for Race 1?
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #52 posted Mar 3rd 2019, 00:55:24 Quote 
Yes this will be the Race 1 deadline week. For this week I need you to tell me which drivers will race this week and what number car (mostly for if you have many drivers and few cars) and how much driver skill you want to use. If I don't receive this info, I assume that you are not racing this week.

Extra drivers can always be signed, so if you need more *cough* endurance races *cough* this will be useful.

I'm not sure when I will have time to record this weekend, although I have an idea. I'll set the deadline for 2CET on Saturday, although I may extend it if I don't think I will record on Saturday
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #53 posted Mar 3rd 2019, 10:27:34 Quote 
Its poll time!

I could not decide on the points system so its over to you!

Vote using the thumbs up / down of this post.
Eduardo Fernandes
(Group Amateur - 51)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #54 posted Mar 5th 2019, 03:09:10 Quote 
#Join
Viper Racing
Yellow & Black or Yellow & White, if possible
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #55 posted Mar 8th 2019, 01:28:57 Quote 
Right this weekend doesn't look fantastic for me so I will likely have to delay this a week. I've been so busy this week i haven't had time to send reminders.

I will however finalize that we will use the Green point structure this season.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #56 posted Mar 14th 2019, 10:44:36 (last edited Mar 14th 2019, 10:45:17 by Tom Byrne) Quote 
Right I am going to set a deadline for 2 CET on Saturday. I don't have time to send reminders although I believe there are 4 submissions yet to occur.

E: so for this I need your driver point submission for race 1
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #57 posted Mar 15th 2019, 11:32:53 Quote 
Reminders sent to a lot of people.
Tom Byrne
(Group Amateur - 67)

Topic mod
Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #58 posted Mar 17th 2019, 03:10:24 (last edited Mar 17th 2019, 03:12:53 by Tom Byrne) Quote 
I've had a few queries so I'll answer them now.

What I mean by the driver numbers is that you get to choose which number goes to each driver. So, if you have two cars you can choose which driver goes in which car.

As for skill, if you haven't seen it already there is a page called drivers on the spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u2W6ILYAiMIPldfMbn_K... ) which shows how much each driver has. You can spend up to 10 per race.

___

I didn't have time to run the race yesterday but I had very little turn out anyway. Remember that even if you don't have any drivers (or very few) you can drive yourself for this race or until you get more drivers. Check the spreadsheet to see your available drivers. If you submit nothing you don't arrive at the event! Everyone is saved by the fact I don't quite have time to record just yet.
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [1]GR Supercars 1999 - Eastern Creek Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic