Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > For GPRO supporter credit, ads watch videos.(this my idea) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Forum topic poll
What do you think?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: For GPRO supporter credit, ads watch videos.(this my idea) 35 replies
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #1 posted May 3rd 2019, 09:58:44 Quote 
I have an idea: watch ads (videos, make money)

example: 100 videos =1 credit(videos time: 30-40 second) per day ten videos limited

note: I don't want to donate support credits.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Group Amateur - 79)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2 posted May 3rd 2019, 10:22:18 Quote 
I don't know...

Vlad or admins can take a look and see if videos advertisment can be implemented to generate efficiencly drawback money...

But i think they have already looked at this possibility
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (17)
Old post #3 posted May 3rd 2019, 10:37:37 Quote 
I dont have time to watch all these videos that unemployed no-lifers can watch. Why should they get an advantage?
Gergely Kondár
(Group Amateur - 31)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted May 3rd 2019, 10:54:58 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 10:55:08 by Gergely Kondár) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 3rd 2019,10:37:37 )

I dont have time to watch all these videos that unemployed no-lifers can watch. Why should they get an advantage?

Simple. Since they are unemployed no-lifers, they have no money to pay for being supporters :)
It's not an advantage, it's just leveling the fields...
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #5 posted May 3rd 2019, 11:41:03 Quote 

don't be ridiculous 30 € = 204 ₺ .

that's a 10-to-1 on our salary. so very, very expensive

besides, it doesn't have to be all clear, use only the team cars.,
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (13)
Old post #6 posted May 3rd 2019, 11:47:48 Quote 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ May 3rd 2019,11:41:03 )

Simple. Since they are unemployed no-lifers, they have no money to pay for being supporters :)
Quote ( Gergely Kondár @ May 3rd 2019,10:54:58 )

But why should i sacrifice the money i feed my family with to pay for a game that people csn justcwatch videos all day to get for free?

Make it like the surveys sll over the net.. 100 videos = 0.001c and you can only watch 10 vudeos per day
Bronek Obarewicz
(Group Pro - 22)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (15)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #7 posted May 3rd 2019, 12:07:38 Quote 

Why should they get an advantage?

Supporter status is an advantage?
GPRO is not Pay To Win Game...

Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 3rd 2019,11:47:48 )

But why should i sacrifice the money i feed my family with to pay for a game that people csn justcwatch videos all day to get for free?

Your arguments are Ugly.
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #8 posted May 3rd 2019, 12:18:59 Quote 
the goal is not to make money from the game, the game itself for the money to win and we use this credit with the team car
Grant Findlay
(Group Rookie - 135)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #9 posted May 3rd 2019, 13:11:53 Quote 
the answer here would be to make the supporter credits equally affordable in different countries. The price of one case of local beer sounds about right? hahaha... or you could pay in beer!
Bernardo Folhadela
(Group Amateur - 92)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #10 posted May 3rd 2019, 13:12:39 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 13:38:37 by Bernardo Folhadela) Quote 
This is a great idea!
With ads GPRO can make a nice amount of money, this is a very useful system and a lot fo games use it. And off course the players will watch the videos to win the credits and be supporters, and GPRO will always w in with that.
And player will only see the videos to win credits if they want to do it
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Amateur - 3)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #11 posted May 3rd 2019, 13:28:02 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 13:28:12 by Diogo Abdalla) Quote 
Quote ( Grant Findlay @ May 3rd 2019,13:11:53 )

the answer here would be to make the supporter credits equally affordable in different countries. The price of one case of local beer sounds about right? hahaha... or you could pay in beer!

True. 8 euros is not cheap for most of us who dont live in Europe or the USA
Rick Queary
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted May 3rd 2019, 13:40:22 Quote 
i buy credits to avoid commercials. so this would only be for those who do not buy supporter credits? if so, i can see the benefit. GPRO gets advertising $$ and those who watch videos can earn credits for watching or clicking on offers.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #13 posted May 3rd 2019, 13:58:23 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 14:02:19 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Bronek Obarewicz @ May 3rd 2019,12:07:38 )

Why should they get an advantage?
Supporter status is an advantage?
GPRO is not Pay To Win Game...

Your arguments are Ugly.

The advantage is the benefits you receive by buying supporter credits, which are mainly data-related, which is an advantage in this game. My arguments are not ugly, im expressing my opinion why i dont like the idea. The poll suggests a lot of others have similar ideas about this suggestion.
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Amateur - 3)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted May 3rd 2019, 14:07:38 Quote 
Supporters dont get any advantage in the game, they just get some convenience features

You seems to be very mad at the idea of poorer people supporting the game without cash
Ivan Silva
(Group Elite)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted May 3rd 2019, 14:07:49 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 14:08:11 by Ivan Silva) Quote 
Doesnt gpro already receive money for us not having Adblock?
You think they'll just hand us part of the money they already gain?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 1)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted May 3rd 2019, 14:24:20 Quote 
Didn't we had something similar once by clicking to.the add you could gain credits?. But the accrual rate was very much lower.

To be honest I'm not sure GPRO gets 1 euro cent for a video, i think it is much less and I would not expect a 1 to 1 conversion since GPRO has to recover some expenses (even taxes since they are receiving physical money).

Ivan Silva
(Group Elite)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted May 3rd 2019, 14:41:49 Quote 
Not to mention we used to be able to mine credits aswell, and we all know what happened in there.
Jason Claydon
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted May 3rd 2019, 15:05:03 (last edited May 3rd 2019, 15:05:27 by Jason Claydon) Quote 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ May 3rd 2019,14:07:49 )

Doesnt gpro already receive money for us not having Adblock?
You think they'll just hand us part of the money they already gain?

If a website required no money or maintenance to run then you might have a point. The fact they give people the option to pay or accept adverts I think is very refreshing considering it gives no real advantage in game play.

Regarding the initial post, my experience in such things is that you will have to watch an awful lot of videos to get one supporter credit and for that reason I don't see the point.
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted May 3rd 2019, 23:21:49 Quote 
the goal here is to place ads that will save you money to click on the site or watch a video. the site will generate income from all these ads in exchange for a small loan from him .
James Hitchen
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted May 3rd 2019, 23:48:55 Quote 
At first I thought maybe this could work. However I think it would be a bad idea, you’d get someone with too much time on their hands just grinding out the videos if they messed up their car update or something and then not actually end up buying GPRO supporter status. In the long term I don’t think it would help profits.
Platon Krasin
(Group Rookie - 86)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted May 3rd 2019, 23:52:16 Quote 
So you offer to watch video and get credits. Let’s assume it works as in apps on the phone. Therefore:
1) lots of people will get advantage of watching 2-3 minutes per day to get enough supporter credits to get supporter livery for 1 race and data for 1 race
2) gpro website get some extra money (-liver and supporter race) during race. We can assume (as an example 1 race) that they receive 0,2-0,5 euros for that
3) people who cannot watch that many videos won’t get that advantage, but save their time and pleasure playing this game
4) hold on existing audience and introduce more audience through “legal” and free method to get more data
5) introduction of more ways to pay for more entertainment ways to play, though they won’t increase performance

Summing it all up, this offer tries to adopt current surviving very good browser game turn to evolving market and adapt to changes that might increase audience and will increase audience for sure as it offers some perks for just being active.

I’m absolutely in it. I just returned to the game and I think this economic refreshment that this game needs in first place.

Obvious first disadvantage is lots of commercials, but in order to keep this project safe and make everyone enjoy, this change is more a must, than a wish. Evolvement is the thing that gpro miss (though slightly, “new “ race graphics are insane, I love it)
Gergely Kondár
(Group Amateur - 31)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted May 4th 2019, 00:44:11 Quote 
Maybe I missed something, but I still can not see the problem. For those, who can not afford to pay for supporter status in cash this can be a solution. GPRO recieves the same income for the watched videos and the manager gets supporter status.

It's the same analogy if I go to work, spend my time with something which I get paid for, so I can pay for the credits.

The only thing is that I believe, going to work is more economical than spending the same amount of time with clicking ads or watching videos.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 1)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted May 4th 2019, 02:35:44 Quote 
As mentioned before

Quote ( Platon Krasin @ May 3rd 2019,23:52:16 )

1) lots of people will get advantage of watching 2-3 minutes per day to get enough supporter credits to get supporter livery for 1 race and data for 1 race

You can't sincerely believe that watching 2-3 minutes (6-9 minutes ) between races will provide GPRO with 0.5 euros worth of net revenue (you have to discount taxes and other stuff)

Most likely it will be less than 1/10 th of that.

Otherwise everybody would be watching videos for a living (assuming 6-9 minutes generates 0.5 euros that is between 3 to 5 euros per hour) abig salary in many countries.

I remember that GPRO had a click on add campaign and revenue for clicking (depending on the add) was very small
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 3)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #24 posted May 4th 2019, 03:03:51 Quote 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ May 3rd 2019,09:58:44 )

I have an idea: watch ads (videos, make money)

example: 100 videos =1 credit(videos time: 30-40 second) per day ten videos limited

Well why don't you ?

try yahoogle : "watch video to make money" or "best survey sites" or something like that.

I'm sure there are multiple ways/sites which can offer you opportunities to do that and get compensated by paypal (or equivalent), which you can then use to get supporter credits for Gpro.

Natrally GPRO could setup something, but I think it could turn out to be needless time and effort put into inventing the wheel all over again.

But thenagain, if there is some potential partner site which already has a system in place which could be utilized for this use, why not :)
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted May 4th 2019, 10:22:03 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ May 4th 2019,02:35:44 )

You can't sincerely believe that watching 2-3 minutes (6-9 minutes ) between races will provide GPRO with 0.5 euros worth of net revenue (you have to discount taxes and other stuff)

Otherwise everybody would be watching videos for a living (assuming 6-9 minutes generates 0.5 euros that is between 3 to 5 euros per hour) abig salary in many countries.

I remember that GPRO had a click on add campaign and revenue for clicking (depending on the add) was very small

this is a example. can be done in another way
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted May 5th 2019, 08:23:33 Quote 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ May 4th 2019,10:22:03 )

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ May 4th 2019,02:35:44 )

Yakup Paçacı
(Group Rookie - 49)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #27 posted May 5th 2019, 10:53:28 Quote 
Quote ( Bernardo Folhadela @ May 3rd 2019,13:12:39 )

This is a great idea!
With ads GPRO can make a nice amount of money, this is a very useful system and a lot fo games use it. And off course the players will watch the videos to win the credits and be supporters, and GPRO will always w in with that.
And player will only see the videos to win credits if they want to do it

this is exactly what I am saying
Riley Dunlop
(Group Amateur - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #28 posted May 5th 2019, 11:05:08 (last edited May 5th 2019, 11:06:45 by Riley Dunlop) Quote 

Can I watch videos and earn beer please?
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted May 5th 2019, 13:55:09 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ May 5th 2019,11:05:08 )

Can I watch videos and earn beer please?

That's a very harsh downthumb from someone who has obviously mislaid their sense of humour - so have an upthumb to balance it out

:)
Alan Halford
(Group Amateur - 39)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted May 5th 2019, 14:40:17 Quote 

Hmmm just a suggestion - what would stop you just watching them for free as well - just a thought

Quote ( Luke Frost @ May 3rd 2019,13:58:23 )

im expressing my opinion why i dont like the idea.

but I do agree with this
Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > For GPRO supporter credit, ads watch videos.(this my idea) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic