Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Belgian Grand Prix Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [34 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2019 Belgian Grand Prix 92 replies
Peter Willmore
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Sep 1st 2019, 16:04:32 Quote 

Quote ( Dominik Karda @ September 1st 2019,16:02:54 )

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ September 1st 2019,15:52:52 )

Ferrari screwing over LeClerc again it seems :/ Are you sure? :P

Maybe not now, but they seemed to have tried hard to :-)
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Sep 1st 2019, 16:21:29 (last edited Sep 1st 2019, 16:45:01 by Alessandro Casagrande) Quote 
Not on this track.

P.S. Yeeeees! Daghe Charles!!!
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #63 posted Sep 1st 2019, 16:37:25 (last edited Sep 1st 2019, 16:45:28 by Alessandro Casagrande) Quote 

Sorry for the double post. Please delete it mods.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #64 posted Sep 1st 2019, 17:08:54 Quote 
Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ September 1st 2019,15:22:39 )

It's confirmed again... Verstappen is one of the biggest idiots in F1 ever. He thinks he is alone on the track,going sharp into first corner without thinking where will fit those cars that are in front of him...like some amateur F1 player on PS or PC.
He continue making mess and then blaming others.

Talent - YES
Idiot - YES

Sorry, what? I'm not even a Verstappen fan and to me that was 100% Räikkönen's fault. He left room at first, then squeezed to the inside for no reason, you don't do that in Lap 1 at La Source. It was a rookie mistake from Räikkönen, who then took out Ricciardo and then Verstappen a second time. It was the worst first lap I have seen anyone drive in F1 this season.
Alexei Malkin
(Group Pro - 11)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #65 posted Sep 1st 2019, 17:19:24 (last edited Sep 1st 2019, 17:20:15 by Alexei Malkin) Quote 
Agree with Jas. Raikkonen is my favourite driver, I don't like how Verstappen drove until 2019 season. Raikkonen had a lot of contacts with Verstappen during few last seasons and everytime it was Max fault.
Maybe Max was outside of track limits but Kimi shouldn't put him into the wall, he has enough place from the left side. So it's Kimi's fault this time.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #66 posted Sep 1st 2019, 18:15:55 Quote 
Imho it was neither the fault of max nor of Kimi. It's a race incident. Max was on the inside and he could not simply stop... He had to try to make that corner. Kimi had another driver on the inside line (maybe Perez?) and probably could not see Max and didn't expect him to be there. This was also supported by Max's explanation of the incident.
Andy Pinchera
(Group Amateur - 41)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Sep 1st 2019, 18:17:35 Quote 
redbull changes his driver. and alfa? why is giovinazzi allowed to drive? what does ferrari see in it?
Dominik Karda
(Group Pro - 21)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Sep 1st 2019, 18:39:45 (last edited Sep 1st 2019, 18:40:27 by Dominik Karda) Quote 
Giovinazzi was second in the GP2 championship a few years ago for Prema. I think he deserved a shot, even if it seems he blew it.
Martti Kaasik
(Group Pro - 21)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Sep 1st 2019, 19:29:56 Quote 
Quote ( Andy Pinchera @ September 1st 2019,18:17:35 )

redbull changes his driver. and alfa? why is giovinazzi allowed to drive? what does ferrari see in it?
He is Italian for first... and he had potential... why not give him a chance...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Sep 1st 2019, 19:59:21 Quote 
He actually drove a very good race up until the final lap. He has shown on many occasions this season that he has the talent, but he makes too many mistakes, unfortunately. Reminds a bit of Felipe Massa, maybe.
Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Sep 1st 2019, 20:37:04 Quote 
Re the Raikkonen/Verstappen incident.

Raikkonen probably had eyes on Perez who was looking to come up his inside. Once he realised under braking that Perez was conceding the place, he probably stopped looking in his right mirror and focused more infront and to the left of him, where more cars were about to converge on him. He obviously wasn't expecting someone to come up the inside of Perez, let alone himself, after seeing the person immediately on his inside was covered.
Ignacio Marino
(Group Rookie - 186)

Chile 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #72 posted Sep 1st 2019, 20:48:37 (last edited Sep 1st 2019, 21:02:36 by Ignacio Marino) Quote 
First I don't know whose fault was. But everybody is whining about F1 not being like it used to be and drivers not going to the limit. And there is Verstappen proving them wrong and now everybody is bitching him being too agressive or an idiot in the track. Magnussen is an agressive driver too, but no one is bitching him.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #73 posted Sep 1st 2019, 23:49:56 Quote 
Who is everyone?
Ignacio Marino
(Group Rookie - 186)

Chile 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:20:01 Quote 
Im talking in general.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #75 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:25:14 Quote 
Max is now more mature. In the first seasons he was a natural talent but was too aggressive and didn't used the brain a lot. He was also arrogant, saying that that was his driving style and he would not change it.

Well, he changed it and he is now a stronger driver, imho.
Andrew Merkel
(Group Amateur - 86)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:26:46 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Marino @ September 1st 2019,20:48:37 )

First I don't know whose fault was. But everybody is whining about F1 not being like it used to be and drivers not going to the limit. And there is Verstappen proving them wrong and now everybody is bitching him being too agressive or an idiot in the track. Magnussen is an agressive driver too, but no one is bitching him.

If Magnussen was running up front more people would be complaining more about his aggressive driving too.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:28:42 Quote 
Magnussen was pushing his car on the straights...
Jed Howorth
(Group Amateur - 16)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:33:35 Quote 

Verstappen is an aggressive driver, but he's used that to put on some fantastic (clean) battles so far this season. There really isn't a great deal of people who are whining about him, especially as compared to the beginning of 2018. He's already matured a great deal and this incident broke a consistent streak of clean races.

Imho it was a racing incident but more Max's fault, he did pretty much the same thing in 2016 and it didnt work out for him then either. But I can see the argument for Raikkonen cutting him up.

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 1st 2019,17:08:54 )

It was a rookie mistake from Räikkönen, who then took out Ricciardo and then Verstappen a second time. It was the worst first lap I have seen anyone drive in F1 this season.

What race were you watching?
Ignacio Marino
(Group Rookie - 186)

Chile 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:37:47 Quote 

Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ September 2nd 2019,00:25:14 )

Max is now more mature. In the first seasons he was a natural talent but was too aggressive and didn't used the brain a lot. He was also arrogant, saying that that was his driving style and he would not change it.

Well, he changed it and he is now a stronger driver, imho.

I don't feel that way, I think Verstappen is still a very aggressive driver. He has talent alright and is growing as a pilot. But his aggresive drive is still there you just have to see all his starts, he's always trying to pass were there isn't room for passing. Remeber in austria the Verstappen - Leclerc incident in which they made wheel-to-wheel contact that pushed Leclerc off-track while fighting for the win. ANd thi was this year.
Tomás Coelho
(Group Amateur - 44)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:37:55 Quote 
As for today´s race at the Belgium GP. Ferrari finally doing something useful through Le Clerk´s good race.

As for Vettel, I am wondering if the man is not washed up or suffering a big confidence crisis. He has been systematically out-qualified in the last seven races, by the rookie, De Clerk.

In this race, where Ferrari we fastest in both the qualifyings and race, he losses out from a 2nd place to finish well behind in the 4th.

Something is not right here. Ferrari bosses must be thinking about the problem.
Kyle Morris
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:38:20 Quote 
Quote ( Jed Howorth @ September 2nd 2019,00:33:35 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 1st 2019,17:08:54 )

It was a rookie mistake from Räikkönen, who then took out Ricciardo and then Verstappen a second time. It was the worst first lap I have seen anyone drive in F1 this season.

What race were you watching?

Verstappen's suspension was already broke in the first incident before Kimi finished driving on two wheels, he actually clipped Gio at Eau Rogue but he was already heading to the barriers beforehand. I can't tell what Ricciardo hit but it wasn't Raikkonen, i believe it was Stroll from what BBC radio was saying
Jed Howorth
(Group Amateur - 16)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:43:07 Quote 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ September 2nd 2019,00:38:20 )

Quote ( Jed Howorth @ September 2nd 2019,00:33:35

Verstappen's suspension was already broke in the first incident before Kimi finished driving on two wheels, he actually clipped Gio at Eau Rogue but he was already heading to the barriers beforehand. I can't tell what Ricciardo hit but it wasn't Raikkonen, i believe it was Stroll from what BBC radio was saying

Raikkonen landing after being launched caused him to be slow and caused a bit of chain reaction, everyone had to slow behind him, and it lead to Stroll going into Ric, nothing anyone could do about it.

I'm pretty sure it was Raikkonen again at Eau Rouge (which I presume was what Jasper was getting at) He had much more speed than Max and went around him, but of course Verstappen had a broken suspension and went straight on.

Ignacio Marino
(Group Rookie - 186)

Chile 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 00:45:32 Quote 

Quote ( Jed Howorth @ September 2nd 2019,00:33:35 )

Verstappen is an aggressive driver, but he's used that to put on some fantastic (clean) battles so far this season. There really isn't a great deal of people who are whining about him, especially as compared to the beginning of 2018. He's already matured a great deal and this incident broke a consistent streak of clean races.

Imho it was a racing incident but more Max's fault, he did pretty much the same thing in 2016 and it didnt work out for him then either. But I can see the argument for Raikkonen cutting him up.

I don't have anything against Verstappen, I'm just saying that he's an aggressive driver.
Clean races since Austria, June 30th. So that's only 3 races ago.

Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 06:48:14 (last edited Sep 2nd 2019, 06:48:58 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Can someone explain why they didnt pit Ricciardo?

He had very good pace and was catching orhers in front on similar strategies, even Norris ... Renault didnt pit him and he dropped off so far. Couldve got points easily. Whats wrong with these f1 teams....?.... i refuse to believe they are stupid.

Its good to see Leclerc win a race, and to start his winning journey at Spa is a good way to do it.
Ignacio Marino
(Group Rookie - 186)

Chile 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 07:28:48 Quote 
Ricciardo, said that during the night he questioned whether it was correct to compete in Belgium after the death of Anthoine Hubert in F2. So he was planning not to race. So maybe that was reason for Renault not to pit him.

Niek Nijboer
(Group Amateur - 83)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 08:21:12 Quote 

Quote ( Ignacio Marino @ September 2nd 2019,00:37:47 )

I don't feel that way, I think Verstappen is still a very aggressive driver. He has talent alright and is growing as a pilot. But his aggresive drive is still there you just have to see all his starts, he's always trying to pass were there isn't room for passing. Remeber in austria the Verstappen - Leclerc incident in which they made wheel-to-wheel contact that pushed Leclerc off-track while fighting for the win. ANd thi was this year.

You are a joke mate! Austria was pure racing! Verstappen did everything correct, even Leclerc agreed on it afterwards. Leclerc was stupid to keep sticking on the outside what resulted in a little bit of the track. There was no reason to keep staying on the outside.

Yesterday was a clear racing incident! Verstappen did a late break, passed Perez and had and went for the gap (therre was a 2 car gap on the inside of the corner) Check image from the frontview. At the same time Raikkonen passes Perez on the outside and by that time Verstappen was in the blind sport for Raikkonen. Verstappen was committed and couldnt break anymore, Raikkonen did not see him and that was when the contact was made.
Alexei Malkin
(Group Pro - 11)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 09:06:07 (last edited Sep 2nd 2019, 09:16:41 by Alexei Malkin) Quote 
Btw, was it only me who noticed that Albon overtooked Riccardo using all four wheels off the track at corner exit?
Mark Blackwell
(Group Amateur - 64)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 09:49:33 Quote 
I think Max was unlucky, and don't think you can blame him for trying to get a decent start at Spa. I'd agree with the assessment it was a racing incident. IMHO nothing outrageous or deliberate attempted by either party to cause the incident. As we know from this tragic weekend (RIP Anthoine Hubert) racing remains a dangerous sport, even with better safety measures and rules in place. Sometimes unavoidable issues arise.

I was trying to visualise Kimi Raikkonen checking his mirrors at the first corner and can't see how a person could be aware of the front and both sides simultaneously, but it shows the skill level of these guys that there aren't more accidents at the start. Quick to see, and quick to react, but even they can't see everything all the time - especially given the speed they are reacting to.

BTW why no thoughts or comments on Lando Norris? I think he has exceptional potential, and - controversially - I rate him as better than Charles Leclerc! I see Leclerc as good, but not exceptional. Max I put in the 'exceptional' bracket, and I wonder if Lando can get there too? Time will tell, but you have to feel sorry for Lando, that having driven a great race his car breaks down on the last lap. Tough to take! I've been there myself in GPRO - lol!
Alexei Malkin
(Group Pro - 11)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #89 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 10:19:05 (last edited Sep 2nd 2019, 10:20:43 by Alexei Malkin) Quote 
Quote ( Mark Blackwell @ September 2nd 2019,09:49:33 )

I rate him as better than Charles Leclerc
Norris is a driver of the day. But there was a lot of drivers who can achieve it. Leclerc did an amazing job, absolutely. Hamilton got 2nd and almost catched Leclerc in slower (probably) car. At least on the straight. Norris made a good job and drove alone in his own category. Albon had a lot of troubles but did everything right. Kvyat made 7th from 19th on slow Torro Rosso. It's impossible to tell 100% who was the best.
For example, Norris went alone and didn't make a single mistake. Like Russel. Maybe Russel is a driver of the day? Looks like he was quick for Williams conditions.
Niek Nijboer
(Group Amateur - 83)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Sep 2nd 2019, 10:20:47 Quote 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ September 2nd 2019,09:06:07 )

Btw, was it only me who noticed that Albon overtooked Riccardo using all four wheels off the track at corner exit?

Yes he did! I was expecting him to get a penalty for that!
Page « 1 2 [34 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Belgian Grand Prix Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic