Page [1
Author Topic: RIP Kobe Bryant 17 replies
Jerome Manzon
(Group Rookie - 33)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Jan 27th 2020, 04:07:15 Quote 
I heard the news about Kobe and his daughter Gianna died after a tragic helicopter crash.

RIP to all 9 souls. With deepest sympathy, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steven Hill
(Group Amateur - 32)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Jan 27th 2020, 06:39:51 Quote 
A tragic accident, RIP
Laurynas Jurgelionis
(Group Amateur - 14)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Jan 27th 2020, 08:01:05 (last edited Jan 27th 2020, 08:30:29 by Laurynas Jurgelionis) Quote 
These news left me in tears pretty much instantly. Kobe was my Idol. I remember when I get my hands on NBA Live 2003 first time, Kobe and Shaq were the best dou in the league, and Lakers a dominant force. Naturally I become huge fan of him and the team. Extremely talented, one of the best all around players of all time, and arguably the best in last two decades.

R. I. P Black Mamba
Jerome Manzon
(Group Rookie - 33)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Jan 27th 2020, 09:25:29 (last edited Jan 27th 2020, 09:28:16 by Jerome Manzon) Quote 
Yes Laurynas, he is a legend indeed, felt really bad about the news.
James Keeble
(Group Rookie - 83)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (15)
Old post #5 posted Jan 27th 2020, 10:12:35 Quote 
who is he
Rui Morais
(Group Pro - 14)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #6 posted Jan 27th 2020, 10:56:06 Quote 
To the admins (and sorry for the wrong topic):

I don't know who this guy Keeble thinks he is, having an attitude of complete disrespect for everyone and everything, all over the forum.

How long will this continue?

No ban?
James Keeble
(Group Rookie - 83)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #7 posted Jan 27th 2020, 11:02:19 Quote 
im asking who this man was that's all.
Dominique Tranquille
(Group Amateur - 9)

Gibraltar 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #8 posted Jan 27th 2020, 11:28:10 Quote 
FOBY, have a little respect
Jan Velske3
(Group Elite)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #9 posted Jan 27th 2020, 12:04:05 (last edited Jan 27th 2020, 12:04:23 by Jan Velske) Quote 
Quote ( Rui Morais @ January 27th 2020,10:56:06 )

this guy Keeble

Who?
James Keeble
(Group Rookie - 83)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #10 posted Jan 27th 2020, 12:05:30 Quote 
RIP
Jerome Manzon
(Group Rookie - 33)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Jan 27th 2020, 13:27:51 Quote 
Quote ( James Keeble @ January 27th 2020,10:12:35 )

who is he
This is Kobe --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant
Davide Galliani
(Group Amateur - 3)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted Jan 28th 2020, 14:57:31 Quote 
RIP :(
Ruben Ferreira
(Group Rookie - 36)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jan 28th 2020, 15:33:04 Quote 
In all fairness: I had no idea who Kobe Bryant was/is. Buuuuuut ya - just use google man. On the flip side, no need to get touchy about the death of a sportsman - like its sad and newsworthy, but no need to get defense on a forum.

Having said that - sounds like this @James Keeble (R83) dude is a bit of a troll. Stop it dude - seriously.

Peace and love ya'll
Sandro Benghi
(Group Amateur - 3)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Jan 28th 2020, 18:27:08 Quote 
RIP
Adam Wasiak
(Group Rookie - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jan 28th 2020, 18:59:14 Quote 
R.I.P
Pedro Nunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jan 28th 2020, 23:08:03 Quote 
To not know about Kobe is really strange to me. Maybe it's because I'm getting old. Next thing you guys gonna say you don't know who Michael Jordan is too. Kobe is a Legend, the only one who managed to be like Mike. The closest anyway. His death was a tragedy, not only for what we, World, lost (He still had so much to give us after retirement) but, most importantly, for a sweet and beautiful family that was broken and Devastated, since his daughter Gigi of 13 years old died with him. They both left a caring mother and 3 sisters, including a 6 months old baby girl. Kobe, unlike most of sportsmen, after retirement, was planning to keep helping making a better World. His first achievement was nothing more than an Academy Oscar for a short animation film about his love for basketball, that represented so many of us, with music from John Williams, the same who did Star Wars and Indiana Jones music. Kobe was planning to keep thriving for excellence, his and ours, offering to the World his insight about life and the Mamba mentality.
If you really don't know who Kobe is, I recommend you find out. Listen to his motivational speech, watch his movie "Dear Basketball", see the Highlights of his career, and I'm sure you'll come to understand the huge loss and tragedy of this sad event.
As for the trolls, beware, some things are too fragile to toy with. Life, God and Karma usually are.
Forever Legend. Kobe Bryant 1978-2020 Forever Mamba.
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 142)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #17 posted Jan 28th 2020, 23:24:17 Quote 
As a Welsh ex-pat, I am not surprised that people from the rest of the world would have no knowledge of Kobe or basketball.

When I was growing up, I could name 4 or 5 basketball players and maybe 3 teams. Not that much interest

However Kobe was one of those I had heard of, and after being in Canada can appreciate the genius and pure competitive spirit of the guy.

Was privileged to see him play against the Rockets towards the end of his career, great night.

The world lost one of the all-time greats, and some future WNBA stars.
Romain Lebreton
(Group Rookie - 162)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Jan 29th 2020, 00:02:20 Quote 
Quote ( Ruben Ferreira @ January 28th 2020,15:33:04 )

On the flip side, no need to get touchy about the death of a sportsman - like its sad and newsworthy, but no need to get defense on a forum.

When you don't like sport, and don't have any interest in watching sports, I understand that Kobe's tragic death does not touch you more than if that'd be someone else.

For a sport fan, those kind of guys gave us so much emotions during their career that their death directly affect us. For me, Kobe is definilely linked to that Olympic Final against Spain in 2008, the best Baskeball game in history (at least to me) !

Those guys, like the rock stars, have this power of making us believe we're close to them. We have the impression to know them like friends. They are part of our life without even knowing us. That's why the death of a legend like Kobe affects so much sports fans like us, for the emotions they gave us.

RIP Kobe, his daughter and the 7 others people who died in that crash.
Page [1

Reply to this topic