Page [1
Author Topic: Rigged game. 24 replies
Vidar Ulvedal
(Group Rookie - 72)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #1 posted Feb 15th 2020, 14:45:08 Quote 
In the last 2 races, my car has been retired or had a technical issue preventing a guaranteed win. No car parts had 100% wear or any other issues (last race I had a puncture and stopped completely. In the past, I have had similar experiences. Why does this occur?
David Andrewartha
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (15)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2 posted Feb 15th 2020, 14:50:50 Quote 
Clearly this whole game and everyone playing it are part of a covert operation to ruin your Tuesdays and Fridays.
Or possibly you've just been unlucky in the last two races or your risks are too high.
No, probably the first reason.
António Rebelo
(Group Rookie - 99)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #3 posted Feb 15th 2020, 15:13:42 Quote 
Quote ( Vidar Ulvedal @ February 15th 2020,14:45:08 )

In the last 2 races, my car has been retired or had a technical issue (...)

Your teammates should be able enough to help you on that...
Vidar Ulvedal
(Group Rookie - 72)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4 posted Feb 15th 2020, 17:04:18 Quote 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ February 15th 2020,14:50:50 )

Clearly this whole game and everyone playing it are part of a covert operation to ruin your Tuesdays and Fridays.
Or possibly you've just been unlucky in the last two races or your risks are too high.
No, probably the first reason.

My risk is at 0.

Very usefull replay. Thanks for the waffle.
David Andrewartha
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5 posted Feb 15th 2020, 17:11:49 Quote 

Quote ( Vidar Ulvedal @ February 15th 2020,17:04:18 )

Very usefull replay. Thanks for the waffle.

Always a pleasure, never a chore.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Feb 15th 2020, 17:18:50 Quote 
Vidar, there was probably not much you could do about the tyre puncture. It can happen to anyone but thankfully it's not something that occurs frequently.

As for your race at Indy, it's impossible to tell without having the data, but perhaps you had a car part that wasn't quite at 100%, but pretty close? Highly worn parts can cause trouble sometimes, they don't have to be at 100% before they break.
Vidar Ulvedal
(Group Rookie - 72)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #7 posted Feb 15th 2020, 18:32:47 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ February 15th 2020,17:18:50 )

Vidar, there was probably not much you could do about the tyre puncture. It can happen to anyone but thankfully it's not something that occurs frequently.

As for your race at Indy, it's impossible to tell without having the data, but perhaps you had a car part that wasn't quite at 100%, but pretty close? Highly worn parts can cause trouble sometimes, they don't have to be at 100% before they break.

Thank you Jasper. You might be right but it is a first for me. It just Appears to come from nowhere and that makes it frustraiting. I guess it is time to quit this «game».
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 141)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Feb 15th 2020, 18:47:12 (last edited Feb 15th 2020, 18:51:58 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
why? Rome wasn't built in a day. If you joined the game thinking it would be easy, and want a game where you can dominate a bunch of faceless souls then, sure, this isn't for you and its time to put that Xbox headset back on. I would say reconsider and give it a chance though if you want to play something where you experience genuine human competition and a superb management experience.

Everybody else here has to deal with the same frustrations as everyone else from time to time with regard to things out of your control. While this is more than annoying for sure when shit happens, personally speaking, I found down the years that the reward of the game, when you win and achieve success (even small goals), is a far greater feeling than any video game I ever played. fact.

If you give up now, you will never know why so many people who post on this forum have played for so many seasons. Its because its tough.

Kasper Jæger
(Group Amateur - 74)

Denmark 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #9 posted Feb 15th 2020, 18:52:40 Quote 
"Rigged game"

What kind of answers did you expect with that attitude?
David Andrewartha
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Feb 15th 2020, 18:54:20 Quote 
This is his 31st season Stuart so he's hardly a rookie or anything, if he was I wouldn't have been so flippant with my original reply. After being in the game that long he should consider himself lucky that this is the first time he's had bad luck for two races in a row.
George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Feb 15th 2020, 19:02:49 Quote 
Stuart, it's not really necessary to speak to a manager who has done 473 races as if they are new to the game and tell them to "give it a chance".

Ultimately I find it sad that someone is considering leaving a game that I find quite enjoyable, but I understand that it isn't for everybody and can respect that another player might not find the same features as enjoyable as I do.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 20)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted Feb 15th 2020, 19:21:38 Quote 
Your own "random" hurts. ... the rest don't?
David Andrewartha
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #13 posted Feb 15th 2020, 19:25:05 Quote 

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ February 15th 2020,19:21:38 )

Your own "random" hurts. ... the rest don't?

You got that right. But I think he's "entitled"... to his own opinion. Whoops, nearly forgot that last bit!
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #14 posted Feb 15th 2020, 20:07:26 Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ February 15th 2020,19:02:49 )

Stuart, it's not really necessary to speak to a manager who has done 473 races as if they are new to the game and tell them to "give it a chance".

It's in the newbie forum; one can't expect anyone there to have that much races,... Let alone make these kind of comments/ ask these kind of questions after 4-7-3 damn races... That's more than double yours, George...
To me that's being blind, deaf and dumb all at the same time while actually not being handicapped to do some research in any way!

Ultimately I find it sad that someone is considering leaving a game that I find quite enjoyable

Agree with you on that... IF someone really tried everything possible.
Which obviously isn't the case after FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE races = roughly 5-6 years IRL - and then come up with this sh*t... To them you can easily tell without a doubt to go play Mario...

Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Feb 15th 2020, 20:09:10 (last edited Feb 15th 2020, 20:09:44 by Jay De Snoo) Quote 
. (something went wrong)
Brad Marshall1
(Group Amateur - 92)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #16 posted Feb 15th 2020, 20:13:10 Quote 
Time for a cigarette, Jay.
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #17 posted Feb 15th 2020, 20:55:21 (last edited Feb 15th 2020, 22:47:43 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
Quote ( Brad Marshall @ February 15th 2020,20:13:10 )

Time for a cigarette, Jay.

Don't come up with this please... I did stop quite a long time ago and never thought about it for years before the following happened:
Wife being pregnant of 2nd kid suddenly tells to be in love with someone else. You think hormones but she instantly left... That day got me smoking again.. Can't really explain and only (ex)smokers can understand, but the sudden stress instantly got me to it again. Not proud of it and I should NOT have taken that decision... But I did... Later on it helped me when she was withholding both kids from being with their dad, the newborn in particular...

Mod Edit: removed inappropriate content.
Brad Marshall1
(Group Amateur - 92)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Feb 15th 2020, 20:59:06 Quote 
My tobacco pushes are always without judgement.
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Feb 15th 2020, 21:19:53 Quote 
Quote ( Brad Marshall @ February 15th 2020,20:59:06 )

My tobacco pushes are always without judgement.

Well fair enough. Like I said I'm not proud on the decision taken back then, probably the worst ever in my life, but I do understand..
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Feb 15th 2020, 21:27:01 Quote 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ February 15th 2020,20:55:21 )

smoking again..

@Jay De Snoo (P1) Man's got to have a hobby :)

Granted, probably not the best hobby, but it still is one
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 1)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 15th 2020, 22:00:39 (last edited Feb 15th 2020, 22:49:18 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
GPRO is a hobby... Smoking isn't a hobby but just a very bad,somehow ridiculously addictive, habbit!

Mod Edit: removed inappropriate content.
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #22 posted Feb 15th 2020, 22:52:34 Quote 
Topic is now at the right forum, my bad.

Let's lower the aggressiveness levels and bring the thread back on topic.
Felipe Aguiar
(Group Pro - 5)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #23 posted Feb 16th 2020, 00:08:40 (last edited Feb 16th 2020, 00:09:24 by Felipe Aguiar) Quote 
Quote ( Vidar Ulvedal @ February 15th 2020,14:45:08 )

In the last 2 races, my car has been retired or had a technical issue preventing a guaranteed win. No car parts had 100% wear or any other issues (last race I had a puncture and stopped completely. In the past, I have had similar experiences. Why does this occur?

Vidar the game does not have anything against you that it also does not have against every other player in in it.

The thing is that in GPRO, nothing is guaranteed and things can happen that will change completely the results of the races, so it is a player error to believe he is entitled to any result, because of whatever advantage he might have over others.

There is probability, it is low, but it is there, and it can and will happen a number of times, it is the nature of the game and of motorsport as the great Fangio said, "Carreras, son carreras" which means that a race is only over when it is over, anything can happen in the meantime.

So the best answer would be that if anything out of your control, it is a bad luck but that's racing. If bad things keep happening everytime and it is under the areas that you can control, then you are taking too many risks in many areas of the game where your input will have a direct impact on the chance of something bad happening to you.
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 141)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Feb 19th 2020, 21:22:40 (last edited Feb 19th 2020, 21:24:20 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ February 15th 2020,18:54:20 )

This is his 31st season Stuart so he's hardly a rookie or anything

Stuart, it's not really necessary to speak to a manager who has done 473 races as if they are new to the game

This was in the newbie forum. I never checked his profile (not sure why I would for a newbie). So, I don't see why I'd speak in any other way when they are supposedly new to the game, and try to encourage him to give the game another chance. If he's done 473 races and has only just had bad luck and can't figure out why he's getting it now then yeah, probably is time to stop playing.
Kurt Daninger
(Group Amateur - 19)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #25 posted Feb 20th 2020, 08:45:25 Quote 
Quote ( Vidar Ulvedal @ February 15th 2020,18:32:47 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ February 15th 2020,17:18:50 )

Thank you Jasper. You might be right but it is a first for me. It just Appears to come from nowhere and that makes it frustraiting. I guess it is time to quit this «game».

it is called random event for a reason. it can happen any time, to anyone.

on my 2nd race ever (I think), I crashed at the start. I was probably as frustrated as you are right now but life goes on, mate.
Page [1

Reply to this topic