Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Drivers too good for the league in first race? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Drivers too good for the league in first race? 5 replies
David Evans
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted May 15th 2020, 23:57:27 Quote 
Hi there, newbie here. I’ve searched for a topic like this and couldn’t find anything so thought I’d ask. Three drivers in the first race of the season in my league were above the maximum ability of 85 and lo and behold, they were in and around the podium.

How has this happened as it’s my understanding that if they were relegated, they should have lost their drivers above 85 rating, they weren’t able to hire one over that rating, and there was no way they could have been trained to that capacity prior to the first race as training updates occur after the race. How is this possible? Am I missing something or is there an unfair advantage going on here?

TIA for any feedback,

Dave
Keith Whittaker
(Group Rookie - 35)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted May 16th 2020, 00:02:44 Quote 
Training updates occur after the race? Sure about that?

Also did you see the driver ratings before the race compared to after? Drivers can get a big update in eg motivation by placing high in a race, which ups their OA big style.
Kyle Morris
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted May 16th 2020, 00:02:47 Quote 
If they were 85 before the reset then they would keep the drivers. After reset most of the time they would do a contract extension which gives you motivation. Motivation over exaggerates a drivers overall by quite a bit! But outside of reset so long as they have a contract, they could be 200 in rookie
Marcelo Santos
(Group Amateur - 13)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted May 16th 2020, 00:03:53 Quote 
Good night. Old news but, again, there's the answer:
When you hire a driver, if you extend his contract, he/she will gain motivation! So, basically, it'll raise his/her new OVERALL at up to 3 to 4 points.
Hope I have helped.
David Evans
(Group Rookie - 127)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted May 16th 2020, 00:07:45 Quote 
Thank you guys. Makes sense. Still getting my head around all this. Question answered.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted May 16th 2020, 00:08:09 Quote 
Quote ( David Evans @ May 15th 2020,23:57:27 )

Three drivers in the first race of the season in my league were above the maximum ability of 85 and lo and behold, they were in and around the podium.

Your main question has been answered but just in case you were wondering, it's very unlikely the driver OA had any impact on their performance. Certain driver stats are more important than others in rookie and the overall OA doesn't tell you how good the driver is (especially in lower leagues).
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Drivers too good for the league in first race? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic