Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Avalon] Seb's Crazy Basic Idea (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 18 19 20 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Avalon] Seb's Crazy Basic Idea (GAME OVER) 577 replies
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted May 21st 2020, 13:30:27 (last edited Jun 2nd 2020, 17:24:52 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
GAME STATUS

Under development

Awaiting more players

Awaiting confirmations

Round 1 is underway.

Round 2 is underway.

Round 3 is underway.

GAME OVER. RED TEAM WINS.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted May 21st 2020, 13:30:34 (last edited May 21st 2020, 16:23:47 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
GAME DESCRIPTION

At least five participants are required to play Avalon. Before the game begins, each player will receive a PM determining which side they're on, good or evil. Make sure to keep this PM and knowledge to yourself. The table below details how many characters will be good and how many evil based on the total number of players.

Some characters have special abilities, but for basic games, it's recommended for only Merlin on the good side and Assassin on the evil team to utilize their skills. We'll get to those soon. Most players need only know whether they're good or evil.

No of players5678910
Good (blue background) 3 4 4 5 6 6
Bad (red background) 2 2 3 3 3 4

Evil players will also receive information about other evil players (except if Obelon is in the game). Also, Merlin will know the identity of the evil characters, but they do not know who Merlin is. This is Merlin's special ability: he immediately discovers who secretly serves Mordred. However, Merlin must be careful with this knowledge: at the end of the game, if the evil team can guess which player is Merlin, they can steal the win.

The player who read the instructions out loud is the first "leader", who will propose the first mission team by posting the team in the thread. Once the leader has chosen players, everyone in the group will vote on the team using the included "pass" or "reject" tokens (basically send the host a PM stating 'pass' or 'reject')

If a majority of players approve the team, the team members do the mission and each is given a succeed and fail card. Again the voting is done my PM sending the host info either 'Success' or 'Failure'. They are then revealed to see if the mission succeeded or not. The next mission team will be proposed by the person clockwise to the first team leader.

If a majority of players reject the team, or it's a tie, the members do not do the mission. Instead, leadership passes clockwise, and the new leader proposes a new team. It's voted on again, and the process repeats until a team is agreed upon.

Note that if five teams in a single round are rejected in a row, the evil team automatically wins the entire game. Gotta agree on something here, Arthur servants.

The table below details how many players the leader will propose for a mission, based on which round it is:

No of players5678910
Mission 1 2 2 2 3 3 3
Mission 2 3 3 3 4 4 4
Mission 3 2 4 3 4 4 4
Mission 4 3 3 4* 5* 5* 5*
Mission 5 3 4 4 5 5 5

* Missions with asterisk require two 'failures' for the mission to fail.

Rounds consist of the group selecting specific players to go on missions. Good players, servants of Arthur, must put in a "success" PM when selected for a mission. Evil players, servants of Mordred, can either put in a "failure" or a "success" PM. If all players selected for a mission put in a success PM, the mission proceeds smoothly and the good side is closer to winning. However, a single fail PM will automatically sabotage a mission and give the point to Mordred's servants instead. If three total missions succeed, the good team wins; if three fail, evil claims victory.

Avalon can take as few as three rounds, or as many as five. If three missions fail before three succeed, evil automatically wins. Well done, Mordred servants. Feel free to reveal yourselves and gloat. If three missions succeed before three fail, evil has one last chance to win. The evil players may talk to each other (no point in hiding now) and discuss which player they believe Merlin is. Then, the evil character Assassin picks one good participant and they reveal their player PM. If that card is Merlin, evil has stolen the win! If that card is not Merlin, good claims victory!

Other characters (included in more Advanced play) are described in here: https://hobbylark.com/card-games/How-to-Play-Avalon
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted May 21st 2020, 13:30:42 (last edited May 21st 2020, 16:23:17 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
GAME RULES

General

1) Always play to win.

2) All roles will be assigned randomly. Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness: http://www.random.org/

Activity Level

1) All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours (the weekend will count as one 24 hour period for the purpose of this rule). The definition of content is at my sole discretion. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed.

Voting

1) Voting in this game is mandatory. It is done by sending PM to the mod with 'pass' or 'reject' if it's agreeing on mission participants, or 'success' or 'failure' it's it's determining if the mission is successful.

2) If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

Posting

1) Editing posts is strictly forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. This does mean that double and treble posting (or more) is permitted.

2) Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me is strictly forbidden. Discussing the structure or wording of your role PM is against the spirit of the game and is forbidden. You must paraphrase any communication you receive from me and, unless specifically given permission by me, you should not mention any punishment at all, even paraphrased. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

Off Thread Communication

1) You are not entitled to communicate about this game with anyone outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust that is needed to play these games fairly.

2) No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum while this game is still running. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust needed to play these games fairly. This rule also means, as it is in play in every game, that you may not discuss or comment on any game that is currently being played until it is complete.

3) If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

Behaviour

1) You are not forced to like each other. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Insulting will be allowed, but try not to go over the top or I may step in.

2) Do not discuss the wording of your win condition and do not ask about the wording of other players’ win conditions. Anyone doing so is likely to be modkilled (as it is against the spirit of the game to try and find out people’s alignment or reveal your alignment in this way).

3) Using site mechanics is against the spirit of the game and should not be used. It is perfectly OK to see someone has been posting elsewhere and comment on that, but anything else is off limits, such as looking at profiles or monitoring their activity.

4) Do not use the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" during the game, regardless of you being alive or dead. Trying to express an opinion in this way is against the spirit of the game, especially as mods can view who is doing this for nothing and others need to pay. If you have something to say, say it in thread. If you can't talk in thread, such as being dead, then you shouldn't have the ability to communicate your opinion in any way.

Punishment

1) I reserve the right to punish or replace anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary.

2) Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

3) Whilst I am perfect in all things I do, it is possible for you to fail to understand my perfection. It may therefore appear as if I have made a mistake. If you think I have made a mistake feel free to point it out via PM and I will clarify it so that you see I was right all along :)
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted May 21st 2020, 13:30:47 (last edited May 21st 2020, 16:21:44 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
GAME FORMAT

For this first game we'll use the basic format with only Merlin and Assassin as special roles. More advanced stuff coming in the future ;)
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted May 21st 2020, 13:30:52 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 17:24:47 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
PLAYER LIST

1. Martynas Bražėnas
2. Tom Byrne
3. Lech Witarczyk
4. Kirsty Ridley
5. MG Van Rensburg
6. Ivelin Dobrev
7. Octavia Rosa
8. Raimonds Urtāns
9. Mark Fuller
10. Damir Hictaler
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted May 21st 2020, 13:31:17 (last edited Jun 2nd 2020, 10:33:56 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
GAME EVENTS

ROUND 1

Raimonds team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4571142#post4571142
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4571412#post4571412
Tom's team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4571506#post4571506
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4572323#post4572323
Mission voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4572680#post4572680

ROUND 2

Kirsty's team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4572902#post4572902
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4573452#post4573452
Octavia's team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4573459#post4573459
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4573803#post4573803
Lech's team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4574045#post4574045
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4574261#post4574261
Mission voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4574410#post4574410

ROUND 3

Martynas' team - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4574426#post4574426
Voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4575505#post4575505
Mission voting - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29453&PostId=4575719#post4575719
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted May 22nd 2020, 07:16:51 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 11:26:49 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
A quick BUMP, if you want to play (1 more spots open) you can PM me or post #join in here, no other kinds of posts are allowed at this point.

Game should start shortly after we gather 10 players or if not, about 8:30 PM I'll send out roles to current players.
Raimonds Urtāns
(Group Pro - 22)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted May 22nd 2020, 09:59:48 Quote 
Join
Mark Fuller
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted May 22nd 2020, 11:24:51 Quote 
#join
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted May 22nd 2020, 11:28:33 Quote 
1 more spot open for whoever wishes to play.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted May 22nd 2020, 17:17:19 Quote 
Final BUMP. 2h 45 minutes left to join otherwise we start with 9 players.
Damir Hictaler
(Group Pro - 22)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted May 22nd 2020, 17:23:15 Quote 

#join
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted May 22nd 2020, 17:25:46 Quote 
Okay great, we have 10 players. I'll assign roles using random.org and send out role PMs in half an hour and after I get 6 confirmations we will start.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted May 22nd 2020, 18:21:07 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 20:32:14 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
CONFIRMATION

Role PMs sent, waiting for 6 confirmations so we can get started.

Here is the order in which you will be team leaders:

1 Raimonds Urtāns
2 Tom Byrne
3 Kirsty Ridley
4 Octavia Rosa
5 Lech Witarczyk
6 Martynas Bražėnas
7 Mark Fuller
8 Ivelin Dobrev
9 MG Van Rensburg
10 Damir Hictaler

6/10 confirmation received
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted May 22nd 2020, 20:32:42 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 20:33:25 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
Okay so the game has started.

Raimonds is the first to gather up the team of 3 players he wishes to go for the mission.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted May 22nd 2020, 20:36:37 Quote 
Feel free to talk during the game :)
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Amateur - 33)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted May 22nd 2020, 20:53:01 Quote 
I may be blind but I do not see it in the rules.

Raimonds, nice to meet you :) Are you supposed to put your pick of the team in the thread or PM Seb? I think that you can do it without much discussion here.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted May 22nd 2020, 20:56:12 Quote 
Quote ( Sebastian Jóźwiak @ May 21st 2020,13:30:34 )

The player who read the instructions out loud is the first "leader", who will propose the first mission team by posting the team in the thread.

:)
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Amateur - 33)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted May 22nd 2020, 20:58:04 Quote 
Blind it is!
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:01:36 Quote 
You basically need to know who goes for the missions to be able to vote if you want this team to go for a mission or not. Blind voting would make it almost impossible for Blue team to win IMO.
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Amateur - 33)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:05:20 Quote 
Sure, I know the game. I thought that perhaps there is a strange Raimonds messages you and you put it in the thread. But that would be unnecessary. Nevermind, once people come in I will talk to someone else then the mod :P
Raimonds Urtāns
(Group Pro - 22)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:10:54 Quote 
This is my team

1 Raimonds Urtāns
2 Tom Byrne
10 Damir Hictaler
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:11:28 Quote 
Can someone die in a mission? If yes, I say we send Kirsty. She would be useless and expendable.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:13:11 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ May 22nd 2020,21:11:28 )

Can someone die in a mission? If yes, I say we send Kirsty. She would be useless and expendable.

Nobody dies on missions.
Raimonds Urtāns
(Group Pro - 22)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:15:48 Quote 
Respect dies
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted May 22nd 2020, 21:16:13 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 22:16:12 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
Raimonds team:

1. Raimonds Urtāns
2. Tom Byrne
3. Damir Hictaler

Everybody now send me your decision whether you want this mission to go ahead (send me PM with 'pass' in the subject or in the PM itself) or you want this team not go on a mission (send me a PM with 'reject' somewhere).

I'd like to receive PMs from everyone.

If I have 6 or more pass votes the mission will go ahead, if I get less than 5 pass votes the mission will not go ahead, there will me another chance for Round 1 but it would be Tom to pick a team.

5/10 Votes received
Damir Hictaler
(Group Pro - 22)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted May 22nd 2020, 22:16:10 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ May 22nd 2020,21:11:28 )

Oh, yes !
Martynas Bražėnas
(Group Elite)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted May 22nd 2020, 23:31:51 Quote 
I guess the first bit of information we'll receive is who voted which way.
Approving the team means quite a bit of risk that at least one of the 3 is bad.

I think it's safer to reject the first team regardless and just try to work with the little information on who voted which way.

Although if the team gets approved we get a lot of information even if it fails (that would be only 1 failed mission out of 3) and all 3 get sidelined for the rest of the team picks.

I haven't played Avalon before, but it sounds quite a bit like Secret Hitler.
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Amateur - 33)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted May 22nd 2020, 23:39:47 Quote 
Secret Hitler is based on Resistance/Avalon. It's very similar (some say that it borders on theft of intelectual property :)

If I remember correctly, the votes are secret.
Martynas Bražėnas
(Group Elite)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted May 22nd 2020, 23:41:28 Quote 
I watched a playthrough on YouTube where the votes were public.
The choices on mission success/failure were hidden
Page [12 3 ... 18 19 20 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Avalon] Seb's Crazy Basic Idea (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic