Page [12 3 ... 78 79 80 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Ticket to Ride [S1] 2371 replies
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted May 21st 2020, 18:52:54 (last edited Sep 3rd 2020, 13:29:44 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 

Welcome to this forum adaptation of one of my favourite board games! :D

BASICS

Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America.

The longer the routes, the more points they earn.

Additional points come to those who can fulfill their Destination Tickets by connecting two distant cities, and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway.

RULES

Object of the Game

The object of the game is to score the highest number of total points. Points can be scored by:

-> Claiming a Route between two adjacent cities on the map
-> Successfully completing a Continuous Path of routes between two cities listed on your Destination Ticket(s)
-> Completing the Longest Continuous Path of routes

Points are lost if you do not successfully complete the route given on the Destination Ticket(s) you kept.

Start of the Game

-> Each player starts with a set of 45 colored Train Cars from one of the 5 colours - Blue, Green, Red, Yellow or Black.
-> Each player starts with randomly selected 4 Train Car cards. The top 5 cards of the remaining deck of Train Car cards are "turned over" and therefore available for all players to be seen. The rest of deck remains face-down.
-> Each player is given 3 randomly selected Destination Tickets. Each player looks at their Destination Tickets and decides which ones they wish to keep. A player must keep at least two, but may keep all three if he chooses. Any returned cards are placed on the bottom of the Destination Ticket deck.

Map

Here is the map of the game that we will be using. It is the original version of the game and the action takes place in North America.

https://i.imgur.com/jIhMo90.jpg

The Game Turn

A random draw determines the order of play. On his turn, a player must perform one (and only one) of the following three actions:

Draw Train Car Cards – The player may draw 2 Train Car cards. He may take any one of the 5 face-up cards or he may draw the top card from the deck (this is a blind draw). If he draws a face up card, a new card from the top of the deck is drawn to replace the card that was picked up. He then draws his second card, either from the face up cards or from the top of the deck. (See Train Car Cards for special rules for Locomotive cards).

Claim a Route – The player may claim a route on the board by playing a set of Train Car cards that match the color and length of the route and then placing one of his colored trains on each space of this route. He then scores the appropriate number of points according to the Route Scoring Table (see below).

Draw Destination Tickets – The player draws 3 Destination Tickets from the top of the deck. He must keep at least one of them, but he may keep two or all three if he chooses. Any returned cards are placed on the bottom of the deck.

Train Car Cards

There are 8 types of regular Train Car cards, plus Locomotive cars. The colors of each type of Train Car card match various routes between cities on the board – Purple, Blue, Orange, White, Green, Yellow, Black, and Red.

Locomotives are Multi-coloured and act as a wild card that can be part of any set of cards when claiming a route. If a Locomotive card is one of the five face-up cards, the player who draws it may only draw one card, instead of two. If, after having drawn one card the replacement card is a Locomotive, the player cannot take it. If at any time, three of the five face-up cards are Locomotives, all five cards are immediately discarded and five new ones are turned face-up to replace them.

Note: If a player is lucky enough to get a Locomotive from the top of the deck in a blind draw, it stills counts as a single card and he may still draw a total of two cards that turn.

A player may have any number of cards in his hand at any time.

In the unlikely event that there are no cards left in the deck and there are no discards (because players are hoarding many cards in their hands), a player cannot draw Train Car cards. Instead he may only claim a route or draw Destination Ticket cards.

Claiming Routes

To claim a route, a player must play a set of cards equal to the number of spaces in the route. A set of cards must be of the same type. Most routes require a specific type of set. For example a Blue route must be claimed using blue-coloured Car cards. Some routes – those that are Gray coloured – can be claimed using a set of cards of any one color. When a route is claimed, a Train Car of the player's colour will be placed on each of the spaces of the route. All the cards in the set used to claim the route are then discarded. A player may claim any open route on the board. He is never required to connect to any of his previously played routes. A player may only claim a maximum of one route, hence connect two adjacent cities, never more, on his turn.

Some cities are connected by Double Routes. One player cannot claim both routes to the same cities.

EXAMPLES

-> To claim the route from Montréal to New York, a player would need a set of three Blue Car cards.

-> To claim the route from Los Angeles to Phoenix, a player could use any set of Train Car cards, as a long as they are the same type.

-> To claim the route from Denver to Kansas City, a player would need either a set of four Black Car Cards or Orange Car Cards

-> Reminder: Mulit-Colour Car Cards can replace any coloured Car Card you may need.

Route Scoring Table

Drawing Destination Ticket Cards

A player can use his turn to draw more Destination Ticket cards. To do so, he draws 3 new cards from the top of the Destination Ticket Deck. He must keep at least one of the cards, but may also keep two or all three if he chooses. If there are less than 3 Destination Tickets left in the deck, the player only draws the cards that are available. Any returned cards are placed on the bottom of the Destination Ticket Deck.

Each Destination Ticket includes the name of two cities on the map and a Point Value. If a player successfully completes a series of routes that connect the two cities, they will add the amount of points indicated on the Destination Ticket to their point totals at the end of the game. If they do not successfully connect the two cities, they deduct the amount of points indicated.

Destination Tickets are kept secret from other players until the game’s final scoring. A player may have any number of Destination Ticket cards during the game.

Since a simple Google Search will give you the Destination Tickets in play, here they are to make it simple for everybody:

FromToPoints
Denver El Paso 4
Kansas City Houston 5
New York Atlanta 6
Calgary Salt Lake City 7
Chicago New Orleans 7
Duluth Houston 8
Helena Los Angeles 8
Sault St. Marie Nashville 8
Chicago Santa Fe 9
Montreal Atlanta 9
Sault St. Marie Oklahoma City 9
Seattle Los Angeles 9
Duluth El Paso 10
Toronto Miami 10
Denver Pittsburgh 11
Dallas New York 11
Portland Phoenix 11
Winnipeg Little Rock 11
Boston Miami 12
Winnipeg Houston 12
Calgary Phoenix 13
Montreal New Orleans 13
Vancouver Santa Fe 13
Los Angeles Chicago 16
San Francisco Atlanta 17
Portland Nashville 17
Los Angeles Miami 20
Vancouver Montreal 20
Los Angeles New York 21
Seattle New York 22

Game End

When one player’s stock of colored plastic trains gets down to only 0,1 or 2 trains left at the end of his turn, each other player gets one final turn. The game then ends and the final scores are calculated.

Calculating Scores

The points for completed routes will already be counted.

Destination Tickets points will be added (if completed) or subtracted (if not).

The player who has the Longest Continuous Path of routes adds 10 points to his score. A continuous path may include loops, and pass through the same city several times, but a given plastic train may never be used twice in the same continuous path. In the case of a tie for the longest path, all tied players score the 10 point bonus.

The player with the most points wins the game. If two or more players are tied for the most points, the player who has completed the most Destination Tickets wins. In the unlikely event that they are still tied, the player with the Longest Continuous Path card wins.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted May 21st 2020, 19:15:32 (last edited May 21st 2020, 19:44:23 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
HOW IT WILL WORK

-> Depending on the amount of players who join, here is what the plan is:

8 players: 2 games of 4, top 2 go to the final.
10 players: 2 games of 5, top 2 go to the final.
12 players: 3 games of 4, first of each game + best second place go to the final.
15 players: 3 games of 5, top 2 of each game + 2 best second places go to semi-finals, then top 2 of each semi-final go to the final.
16 players: 4 games of 4, top 2 of each game go to semi-finals, then top 2 of each semi-final go to the final.

If there are more players, the format will be decided once we get there.

-> The games will be run simultaneously in the thread and every player has to post what they want to do on their turn.
-> Players may send turns in advance by PM. You can send me more than one option, in case what the player(s) before you do makes it impossible for you to do what you initially wanted.
-> Players have 24h to post their turn. Playing faster and sending turns in advance is encouraged.
-> If everybody is on board, to facilitate the process, when you play your turn, you can send a PM to the player whose turn is after yours. I will try to do it myself, but I'm not always online. :)

-> I will update the maps as the game goes along and the Train Car cards that are available for each game.

HOW TO POST A TURN

These are examples of turns:

Draw one Orange card

Then you have to wait for me to "turn over" a new card. Only then you can draw your second card.

Draw two cards from the deck

You get two cards and your turn is over.

Play 3 green cards and take the path between Little Rock and New Orleans

Your turn is over, I will place three of your train cars on the path and add 4 points to your total.

Draw Destination cards

You have to wait for me to send you the three new Destination cards before you end your turn by choosing at least one. If you plan on drawing Destination cards, it's always preferable to let me know in advance as to not make everybody wait.

Any turn that is clear enough will be accepted, just try to be clear when you post it.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted May 21st 2020, 19:16:05 (last edited May 23rd 2020, 07:06:53 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
PLAYERS LIST

1. Sudeep Pednekar
2. Ania Piekarska
3. Gareth Griffiths
4. Jun Ho
5. Tim Wagner
6. Nate Lung
7. Lech Witarczyk
8. Claudio Lima
9. Matthew Standen
10. Mike Baston
11. Tom Byrne
12. Cameron Halsall
13. Chew Kai Wen
14. Jens Frostrup
15. Sagar Abhyankar
16. Guilherme Franco

RESERVES

1. Jonathan Beagles
2. Raimonds Urtāns
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted May 21st 2020, 19:16:33 (last edited Aug 28th 2020, 17:41:16 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
ONGOING GAMES - MAPS

Final

Guilherme Franco
Sudeep Pednekar
Lech Witarczyk
Tim Wagner

https://i.imgur.com/Z1zfpoI.jpg
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted May 21st 2020, 19:16:45 (last edited Jul 29th 2020, 08:31:13 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
BRACKET

QF1

1. Ania Piekarska
2. Tom Byrne
3. Lech Witarczyk
4. Matthew Standen

QF2

1. Jens Frostrup
2. Sagar Abhyankar
3. Tim Wagner
4. Claudio Lima

QF3

1. Mike Baston
2. Sudeep Pednekar
3. Cameron Halsall
4. Jun Ho

QF4

1. Chew Kai Wen
2. Gareth Griffiths
3. Nate Lung
4. Guilherme Franco

SF1

1. Sudeep Pednekar
2. Nate Lung
3. Tim Wagner
4. Gareth Griffiths

SF2

1. Lech Witarczyk
2. Jens Frostrup
3. Guilherme Franco
4. Mike Baston

FINAL

1. Guilherme Franco
2. Sudeep Pednekar
3. Lech Witarczyk
4. Tim Wagner
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted May 21st 2020, 19:21:51 (last edited Jul 29th 2020, 08:34:56 by Sebastian Jóźwiak) Quote 
FINISHED GAMES

QF1

Ania Piekarska 43
Tom Byrne 47
Lech Witarczyk 100
Matthew Standen 116

https://i.imgur.com/oaIt0lN.jpg

QF2

Jens Frostrup 122
Sagar Abhyankar 21
Tim Wagner 105
Claudio Lima 83

https://i.imgur.com/UsqpgV0.jpg

QF3

Mike Baston 35
Sudeep Pednekar 45
Cameron Halsall 40
Jun Ho 33

https://i.imgur.com/XPFt49A.jpg

QF4

Chew Kai Wen 106
Gareth Griffiths 112
Nate Lung 127
Guilherme Franco 129

https://i.imgur.com/xTrkDiP.jpg

SF1

Sudeep Pednekar 149
Nate Lung 63
Tim Wagner 113
Gareth Griffiths 68

https://i.imgur.com/pUKl6zU.jpg

SF2

Lech Witarczyk - 117
Jens Frostrup - 90
Guilherme Franco - 125
Mike Baston - 65

https://i.imgur.com/16k92Z6.jpg
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Retired)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted May 21st 2020, 19:22:54 Quote 
#YAS

I've never played it, I'll probably watch a youtube video on how to play it.
Ania Piekarska
(Group Pro - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #8 posted May 21st 2020, 19:23:55 Quote 
##join
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 142)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted May 21st 2020, 19:24:05 (last edited May 21st 2020, 19:24:57 by Gareth Griffiths) Quote 
#join

(How many players are allowed - I can step aside if too many)
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted May 21st 2020, 19:24:22 Quote 
#join

May the best person win. :)
Ania Piekarska
(Group Pro - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted May 21st 2020, 19:25:29 Quote 
I see the competition is tough even at the joining stage :) The game has only 5 spots. Unless Ivelin wants to host more than one game at once.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Retired)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted May 21st 2020, 19:25:49 Quote 
Quote ( Gareth Griffiths @ May 21st 2020,19:24:05 )

(How many players are allowed - I can step aside if too many)

shut up and play :D
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted May 21st 2020, 19:34:11 Quote 
The more the merrier :D
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted May 21st 2020, 19:40:28 Quote 
If I need to confirm then #confirm :P
Tim Wagner
(Group Pro - 6)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted May 21st 2020, 19:40:47 Quote 
##join
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted May 21st 2020, 19:45:46 Quote 
If you guys have any questions, ask them now and not after we start :)
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted May 21st 2020, 19:47:01 Quote 
I have never played the Americas edition yet, only played the European one :D

This is gonna be interesting :)
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted May 21st 2020, 19:47:21 Quote 
We are playing the standard map, right? Nothing custom?
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted May 21st 2020, 19:49:58 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ May 21st 2020,19:47:01 )

I have never played the Americas edition yet, only played the European one :D

This is gonna be interesting :)

Haha same :) I played once an Africa edition but was a bit drunk and don't really recall it :P
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted May 21st 2020, 19:50:19 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ May 21st 2020,19:47:21 )

We are playing the standard map, right? Nothing custom?
Yes, you can see it in the OP. :)
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted May 21st 2020, 19:51:23 Quote 
Quote ( Sebastian Jóźwiak @ May 21st 2020,19:49:58 )

I played once an Africa edition but was a bit drunk and don't really recall it :P

The only ones I have played were European and the UK expansion. It had Pennslyvania in it as well, but I don't remember playing that version haha :D
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted May 21st 2020, 19:51:48 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ May 21st 2020,19:50:19 )

Yes, you can see it in the OP. :)

Perfect, just wanting to make sure that's not an example of a map that is being played. :)
Gareth Griffiths
(Group Rookie - 142)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #23 posted May 21st 2020, 20:50:33 Quote 
Never played this but think i understand
Nate Lung
(Group Rookie - 120)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted May 21st 2020, 20:56:59 (last edited May 21st 2020, 20:57:57 by Nate Lung) Quote 
#join

Edit- My family now owns the "Rails & Sails" version with a world map, where you have both trains and boats.
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Amateur - 33)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted May 21st 2020, 20:59:37 Quote 
#join

Claudio Lima
(Group Amateur - 30)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted May 21st 2020, 21:02:20 Quote 
#join
Matthew Standen
(Group Amateur - 10)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted May 21st 2020, 22:15:55 Quote 
#join
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted May 22nd 2020, 00:21:56 Quote 
This looks great so far. I think I will stop at 16 for S1 and I am thinking I may need someone to help me with hosting when I'm not around.
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted May 22nd 2020, 00:44:58 Quote 
#join
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 101)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #30 posted May 22nd 2020, 03:21:49 Quote 
I wonder why you can't tag me... hmm. Anyway, #join
Page [12 3 ... 78 79 80 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic