Page [12 3 ... 35 36 37 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: F1 Revisited - 1960 1090 replies
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Jul 5th 2020, 00:38:25 (last edited Nov 17th 2022, 09:24:51 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Nominated for Best Forum Game in GPRO at the Oscars 26 times, along with being 8 times winner of Best Forum Game in GPRO at the Oscars too!!!

https://i.imgur.com/5950DMz.jpg

F1 Revisited – 1960

Last season saw the title go down to the wire again – with no fewer than 7 drivers in the running at the final race, with 5 different teams represented as well! Ultimately Brabham managed to out-pace the others in a race of mixed conditions to take his 1st ever title. Meanwhile in the Teams Championship it was another season where Ferrari took the honours, while Cooper, Porsche, Maserati and BRM all put in sterling efforts to take podiums (and all bar BRM took victories).

A smooth driving style, with timely gear changes, well-marked braking points, a feel for the changing track conditions and the best strategy should ultimately come out on top this time around…plus, manage your money well and spend it wisely to ensure you are in the best position for next season!

Post ##Join if you want to take part and I will PM you what to do next!

https://i.imgur.com/DgTI6Q7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qEMnXvJ.jpg

Calendar

https://i.imgur.com/NT8T1lv.jpg

* = Dates are proposed but are subject to alteration based on the F1R FIA representative Jon Beagles' availability!

Track Facts

Name – Riverside
Location – USA
Corners – 9
Laps – 75

Base (Worst) Lap Time – 4:00.000

Lap Record (Real Life) – 1:54.400 (Stirling Moss)
Lap Record (F1R) – N/A (1st ever appearance)

Pit Lane Length – 15 seconds*

Fuel Consumption – Medium
Tyre Wear – Low

* Note that this number represents the time it takes to travel down the pit-lane not including the time you will spend stationary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://i.imgur.com/vwTp1yt.jpg

Gregory is confirmed as the 1960 F1 Revisited Champion - it is his 1st F1R Championship and the 1st for a driver not in an Italian car (therefore also the 1st for a BRM driver)! It is also the 1st title for an American driver and the 1st time the winning driver hasn't also driven for the winning constructor (but more on that in a moment...). Finally, Gregory breaks the record for winning the title with fewest race victories (his 0 takes the record away from Pietsch's 1 victory in 1952).

Von Trips must settle for 2nd place (though that is 1 place better than last season), while Bonnier finishes the season incredibly strong with both 3 Poles and 3 Wins in a row to come home 3rd overall and missing out on the title by just 3 points in the end! Naylor's efforts meanwhile see him finish the season a strong 4th place, though a lack of a race win cost him in the end...

Brabham relinquishes his title without much of a fight in the end, after showing flashes of the brilliance that took him to the top spot last season - but not doing it consistently enough to end up higher than 5th overall. Ireland's solid showing today moves him up to 6th overall, with Surtees and Phil Hill dropping to 7th and 8th as a result.

Gould's Fastest Lap was inconsequential in the end, as he finishes the season 9th and is the highest ranking driver to retire this season. Gurney is 10th overall, with Graham Hill, Salvadori and the incredible Barth next up - while McLaren's points finish today moves him up to 14th overall.

The podium for Mairesse moves him into 15th in the standings, ahead of Bianchi, Trintignant and Flockhart, who bows out of F1R with another Top 20 finish under his belt. Brooks and Gendebien round out the Top 20, as Scarlatti's performance earns him 21st overall in the standings.

We also say goodbye to Gamble, Taylor, Menditeguy, Creus, González and Cabianca - along with past drivers Piper, Schell, Halford and Herrmann (ex-Champion of course), who did not have contracts this sign and have also confirmed their respective retirements from F1 Revisited...

https://i.imgur.com/bcGpLSI.jpg

Bonnier confirms his position as the best setup artist of the season, with von Trips runner-up in another category here and Barth the surprise package in 3rd place (who will be one of the hottest drivers on the market as a result!). Gurney drops to 4th with McLaren falling to 5th after a tricky last race for the Maserati duo.

Brooks finishes the season 6th after twice being in the Top 3 for setups in the final two races, with his team-mates Salvadori and Flockhart next up. Champion Gregory is 9th, as he so often used strategy rathe than setup to make the difference and Brabham rounds out the Top 10 for Cooper.

Elsewhere, best results of the season for Greene (7th), Ireland (8th), Scarlatti (10th) and Burgess (13th) ensure they remain in decent overall positions in the leader-board.

https://i.imgur.com/0l98FIr.jpg

After a race to forget for BRM, it is Ferrari who claim their 3rd consecutive Teams Championship crown, with Team Principal the Wagner also claiming his 3rd consecutive title as well! Not only do BRM not win the title, but thanks to Bonnier's efforts and a countback of 1st places, it is Maserati who bow out of F1R in 2nd place just 4 points off the Ferrari total in the end. Team Principal Ibbotson is going to be the name that almost every team next season will want to sign...

BRM do finish 3rd in a solid season for them, while Cooper will be disappointed to be down in 4th overall with Team Principal Morris likely in some trouble for having 2 of his drivers not even show up for the final race of the season...

...Vanwall meanwhile finish their F1R tenure with a very respectable 5th place (what will Team Principal Baston do next season, one wonders...?) ahead of Aston Martin in 6th (with Team Principal Anderson also on the market, given that this is the British marque's final season in the series).

7th place for Scarab overall has done no damage whatsoever to Team Principal Taylor's CV, though this will be the US team's first and last season in the series. Porsche had a season to forget in 8th (will the board keep the faith Howorth, one wonders...), while despite JBW finishing 9th in the last race it may be that Team Principal Fernandes' job is under threat still.

Lotus finish the season bottom of the pile - and of all the Team Principals, Witney must be sweating most about that after his team finish last for the 3rd season in a row - albeit having certainly closed the gap to the team above them this season...
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Jul 5th 2020, 00:38:36 (last edited Aug 1st 2020, 01:11:34 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Game Play (Brief Version)

Each “race weekend” will consist of a single qualifying session and the race. For each qualifying lap you will input a set of instructions about how to take each corner (what gear, how late to brake, what risk to use), on your own personal Google Doc spreadsheet, meaning you can do your qualifying laps whenever you like!

Qualifying is run as one continuous session then once qualifying is wrapped up the grid will be determined, and you can input your instructions for the race itself.

Qualifying

Here is an example of how your spreadsheet will look:

https://i.imgur.com/vIFvtQv.jpg

There is also a Feedback Tab that shows you how well you are performing vs the optimal gears & braking choices, as can be seen here:

https://i.imgur.com/pZvFKb2.jpg

Please note that instructions are included on the sheet, plus of course your team-mates and I will be able to help you with anything that isn’t immediately apparent.

Race

There is a Race Setup tab on your sheet that you simply need to fill in to confirm your race setup & strategy. The race is simulated by JB from that point onwards – using a purpose built website, which is NEW for this season! Collisions, damage, weather changes and running out of fuel are all possible – so you will need to make sure your race setup accounts for these elements!

There is no Interactive Race Element anymore – as the races will now be simulated using a far quicker website set-up that I have had custom built for this game.

Game Play (Full Version)

The Wiki for F1 Revisited is worth looking at for all the rules and other statistics/past seasons/driver profiles etc – the main page is here; http://f1-revisited.wikidot.com/ and the full version of the Game Rules is here; http://f1-revisited.wikidot.com/wiki:game-rules

Please be aware that only the Top 30 drivers qualify for each race.

Those who try to qualify but miss out will get a small multiplier boost (0.05) for the following race, along with being automatically entered into the F2R race (which is just flavour) also.

F2 Revisited Races

The key considerations for positions in these races are as follows:

1 - Did the player attempt any laps in qualifying? Players that did will automatically finish ahead of those that did not.

2 - Multipliers are compared for the drivers that DNQ for the main race, along with how their race setups compared to each other (presuming they had one). Totals are added together (e.g. 1st of 4 on race setups + 2nd of 4 on multiplier = 3 points; lower is better).

3 - Any ties are separated by whoever posts the first 'FINISH' post on an exact hour mark (e.g. 10:00.00 or 14:00.00) after the grid for the F2R race is posted - if no-one does then a random draw will be made.

While this is mostly just for flavour, the Top 3 drivers in an F2R race receive £30/£20/£10 each, so there is a little point to doing this.
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jul 5th 2020, 00:38:41 (last edited Sep 17th 2020, 20:57:01 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Team Principals

These people are responsible for the running of the 10 F1R teams for 1960, and are as follows:

Aston Martin – Josh Anderson
BRM – Janne Väänänen
Cooper – Kyle Morris
Ferrari – Tim Wagner
JBW – Eduardo Fernandes
Lotus – Mark Witney
Maserati – John Ibbotson
Porsche – Wopke Hoekstra
Scarab – Claudio Lima
Vanwall – Mike Baston

More information on the ins and outs of their roles/responsibilities can be found in their own separate thread here:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29520#scroll
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Jul 5th 2020, 00:38:46 (last edited Jan 3rd 2021, 23:46:37 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Current Line-Ups

https://i.imgur.com/aFh9f7U.jpg

30 seats immediately available in F1 Revisited this season with another 29 on stand-by! That means initially there are only 3 seats per team available!!!

The Driver Allocation

Initial driver confirmations have already been completed by PM. Now ALL DRIVERS in the game will agree their salaries with the Team Principal (these are real GPRO players as per the above list), and both should send me a copy of this contract filled in identically:

Driver Name –
Team Name –
Contract Length – X seasons
Signing Bonus – £X
Salary – £X
Contribution (the amount the driver is going to give towards the team’s development) – £X

Drivers available to sign are here:

NONE AT THE MOMENT

If you are new to the game, you will need to select a new driver from the list of available drivers below (note, the Indy 500 representatives are not permitted):

https://i.imgur.com/NCN0xZ1.jpg

You will represent the same driver in the following years and cannot ditch him until he retires. There is no competitive advantage to be gained between drivers, aside from the driver multiplier.

The Teams

The full list of competing cars is here:

https://i.imgur.com/rl3JAFQ.jpg
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jul 5th 2020, 00:38:51 (last edited Jul 6th 2020, 21:34:20 by Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Money

Here is the current financial situation for the drivers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I-I6ZEfoDKLFUN1xAHqQ...

There are several things that money can be used to purchase, as follows:

Multiplier Boosts

https://i.imgur.com/DC5Q09k.jpg

Homes

You can live anywhere in the world that you want to …if you can afford it. To buy a house in a country other than that of your birth will cost a premium, but will allow you to test on that track between races so when the Grand Prix circus finally shows up to town you will be quicker at that track. Simply send a PM with the words “Quote on a house in COUNTRY NAME(S)” and I will respond with the relevant prices to do so. You may have more than 1 house, but this will dilute your multiplier by the number of houses you own.

Citizenship

A long and drawn out 5 year process, but you can change the country you represent by living there for 5 years in a row…this will allow drivers who may not have a home GP the chance to get the small speed boost that your favourite track affords you. After securing a house in a country, simply send a PM with the words “Apply for Citizenship” and your application will begin the long process of being put through. Dual citizenship is a possibility too.

1960 Financial Rewards

Money is given for your final position in the Championship and the Setup standings, along with money each race for your position, setup performance and incidentals (Pole/FL etc). At the end of the season a whole variety of bonuses will be paid out, so regular involvement in races will give you a good amount to spend for next season!

Full list of financial rewards are here; http://f1-revisited.wikidot.com/wiki:game-rules#toc6

Please note that you can also see a list of New Season changes just below the above link too.
Claudio Lima
(Group Amateur - 30)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Jul 5th 2020, 02:27:47 Quote 
##join
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Jul 5th 2020, 02:33:57 Quote 
Welcome Claudio - PM coming with what to do next in a moment :)
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Jul 5th 2020, 10:02:19 Quote 
Lucien is looking for offers, although if a certain Kyle Morris offers, they will be first priority.
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Jul 5th 2020, 11:07:50 Quote 
Huh, another season, another potential chance to join...
Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jul 5th 2020, 11:30:10 Quote 
Lotus is open for business, this will not be like the old Connaught days, other than the beer and the women.?..

If you want to compete in a team that's going places (just look at where the races are), pm me for more details, previous Connaught sufferers, sorry I mean members have first pick.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 90)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Jul 5th 2020, 11:50:14 Quote 
I got two messages and I'll just answer them here - if the offer is good, I may be driving for your team this season.
Stefan Gommans
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Jul 5th 2020, 12:45:40 Quote 
I'm open for offers multi 1.24
Keith Partridge
(Group Amateur - 22)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jul 5th 2020, 14:06:11 Quote 
Did somebody mention beer???
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Jul 5th 2020, 14:49:55 Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ July 5th 2020,11:07:50 )

Huh, another season, another potential chance to join...

Are you in then @Constantin Heller (Ret)? We have 29 drivers right now and 30 seats on offer immediately...so...it would work well if you did! :P
Constantin Heller
(Group Retired)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jul 5th 2020, 18:44:17 Quote 
You know what, I'll give it a shot, why not.

##join
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jul 5th 2020, 18:47:43 Quote 
Good man - you actually have £485 in the bank from when you last took part in the 1955 season! :)

Welcome PM on the way...
Matthew Coldhill-smink
(Group Rookie - 51)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Jul 6th 2020, 03:42:49 Quote 
David is available for offers.
Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Jul 6th 2020, 12:24:43 Quote 
Lotus have one spot left to fill, previous Connaught drivers are especially welcome to apply.
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Jul 6th 2020, 22:23:05 Quote 
BREAKING NEWS!

Lotus are the first team to make a new signing this season, as Stirling Moss and Team Principal Mark Witney are reunited with their former Connaught team-mate Cliff Allison. Given the resource and the power of the Lotus, it seems likely that they will be more competitive this time around - certainly more likely to score points than they were at the struggling Connaught outfit!

Scarab are newcomers to this season, having committed to taking part in the 1960 season alone - and they elect to bring on board their 1st ever driver in the shape of Mike Taylor; a fellow newcomer to the F1R grid. Scarab Team Principal Rocco Stallone is said to be delighted that Taylor is part of the team - and is eager to see what he can bring to their fledgling squad...
Rocco Stallone
(Group Rookie - 20)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Jul 7th 2020, 06:01:14 Quote 
Scarab will beat ANY driver offer guaranteed..

one spot left. PM me now!!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jul 7th 2020, 20:03:57 Quote 
BREAKING NEWS!

Lucien Bianchi has agreed another season with Cooper, as he looks to build on his 7th placed finish in the Championship last season and try to lead Cooper to the top of the championship, where he will line up alongside highly rated newcomer to F1R John Surtees.

Ferrari have confirmed Wolfgang von Trips will aim for his 2nd title with them this season, while Maserati retain Joakim Bonnier's services and Vanwall will have Innes Ireland leading the line for the British marque this season. JBW retain some 2 of their 3 drivers immediately, with both Scarlatti and Burgess spending another the season with the relatively new outfit!

Finally, José Froilán González returns to F1R after a 2 season hiatus, where he will be looking to win his 1st ever race - though whether Scarab are the team he can achieve that with remains to be seen. Certainly it will be exciting to watch him try!!!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Jul 7th 2020, 21:52:40 Quote 
MORE BREAKING NEWS!

With d'Orey retiring there was always going to be a new face at Ferrari, who have confirmed the signing of Horace Gould, as the Brit returns to his former team (with whom he scored no fewer than 3 podiums last time around) to partner von Trips and one other driver...though as yet no confirmed contract for current World Champion Jack Brabham...!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Jul 8th 2020, 10:11:52 Quote 
BREAKING NEWS!

Aston Martin have replaced the retired de Filippis with the highly rated youngster Jim Clark - and though the team are said to be contemplating whether to return for another season, the future certainly looks bright with talent of this nature being drawn to the team...
Tim Wagner
(Group Pro - 6)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Jul 8th 2020, 12:14:52 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ July 7th 2020,21:52:40 )

MORE BREAKING NEWS!

With d'Orey retiring there was always going to be a new face at Ferrari, who have confirmed the signing of Horace Gould, as the Brit returns to his former team (with whom he scored no fewer than 3 podiums last time around) to partner von Trips and one other driver...though as yet no confirmed contract for current World Champion Jack Brabham...!

Yeah, rub it in.... *sad Italian noises*
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Jul 8th 2020, 22:48:13 Quote 
BREAKING NEWS!

The Italian teams have now both completed their line-ups, as it is no surprise to see Bruce McLaren confirmed for a 2nd consecutive season, given how beneficial he was to Maserati last season in putting together a strong race setup! Team Principal Ibbotson is said to be excited to have an unchanged line up and to be able to see how McLaren, Gurney and Bonnier can perform this time around...

However, there certainly is a surprise from Ferrari - as reigning F1R champion Jack Brabham does not get his contract extended...though he is in illustrious company there, given that first of all Bob Gerard did the same after both of his first 2 title wins; moving from Alfa Romeo to Ferrari at the end of the 1951 season (though that was enforced by Alfa Romeo's withdrawal from the series) and then from Ferrari to Mercedes after winning the 1953 season. Giuseppe Farina also made a similar move after winning the 1955 title, with a switch from Ferarri to BRM - though while the company may be illustrious the results are not so much...no driver has ever won a 2nd title immediately after moving teams (though to be fair only Bob Gerard has ever won back-to-back titles anyway!).

And so who will replace Brabham in the final Ferrari seat...? Ferrari have revealed that the seat goes to none other than relative rookie Brian Naylor, formerly of JBW! The young Brit is an exciting prospect, which Ferrari team principal Tim Wagner has revealed that he is delighted to have on board with former champion von Trips and the returning Gould...
Josh Anderson
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Jul 8th 2020, 22:57:33 Quote 
Naylor for champion 1960? :P
Jun Ho
(Group Rookie - 12)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Jul 8th 2020, 23:01:20 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ July 8th 2020,22:48:13 )

as reigning F1R champion Jack Brabham does not get his contract extended

What? Where is he going???
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Amateur - 7)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Jul 8th 2020, 23:02:56 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ July 8th 2020,23:01:20 )

I have a PM in my inbox with the answer - though just waiting for the other party to confirm it...!
Graham Mercer
(Group Amateur - 2)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #29 posted Jul 8th 2020, 23:03:53 Quote 
Quote ( Josh Anderson @ July 8th 2020,22:57:33 )

Naylor for champion 1960? :P

Sounds good to me :P
Josh Anderson
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Jul 8th 2020, 23:15:07 Quote 

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ July 8th 2020,23:02:56 )

Quote ( Jun Ho @ July 8th 2020,23:01:20 )

I have a PM in my inbox with the answer - though just waiting for the other party to confirm it...!

It's Cooper isn't it? Jun isn't very good at feigning surprise it seems :P

Could only be Aston Martin, BRM, JBW or Vanwall otherwise!
Page [12 3 ... 35 36 37 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic