Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Dont let participate in races with 100% wear Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Dont let participate in races with 100% wear 52 replies
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Elite)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #31 posted Jul 12th 2020, 16:49:02 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 16:49:44 by Diogo Abdalla) Quote 
This supposed "exploit" is nothing but a bad strategy that can only work in ama, and is not harming the game in any way

Maciek Paruch
(Group Amateur - 71)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Jul 12th 2020, 17:20:03 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 17:21:07 by Maciek Paruch) Quote 
What's wrong with smoking cars? If anyone enjoys rolling for place out of top 30, let him do it. With technical problems he will be much slower and then you pass him and keep fighting for your own target.

And with that new idea - what about parts that will come to 100% wear during the race? Instant DNF or?

Quote ( Ivars Vēza @ July 12th 2020,16:01:58 )

For gags.

Search in youtube "Sebastien Buemi's Wheels Come Off". That is how i imagine 100% car wear.

At least we have Williams FW42 as 100% worn car ;)
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 58)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #33 posted Jul 12th 2020, 17:34:49 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 17:38:25 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
deleted post

George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #34 posted Jul 12th 2020, 17:42:10 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 17:43:48 by George Slater) Quote 

Seems some people dont understand management well, but sings about it.

Are we calling anybody we don't agree with a bad manager now? lol

To George Slater about being worn and in debt:
To get this done you need to live with unsustainable expenses for more part change cycles. And even then, as amateur example, switching from 7.th to 4.th car level will return you half of wear which allows 2 calm races and additionally one set costs 55m while other 28m. So you have now car which you can afford and will earn money not loose. Of course that will make you slower and will destroy your plans, but in any case your plans were unreal/unsustainable in first plase what is also equal to bad management.
Randoms are too rare to make this happen and good manager/business owner always will build buffer for all cases. Additionally random failure in early stages of race will earn low wear, this can only give bad taste at last few race laps.

If you're running too many level 7 parts in Ama then you've probably got other issues. But alright, if you take an L7 part and downgrade it to an L4 one then you will probably be able to do the next race without taking it back to 100%. Maybe you have to go for a couple races to get back into the positive for whatever, but it's likely manageable given your parts levels and that Ama is a reasonably forgiving tier where it's possible to have some deficiencies in your package. If you're starting with a lower level part, then the result for the manager doing this is going to be worse and if you start doing it in higher tiers where such deficiencies are less forgiving, it could lead to catastrophic outcomes especially if that part is needed to help suit the character of upcoming tracks.

In terms of financial management, it's rarely ideal to be negative because of the drawbacks it has, but I wouldn't say that it's always a sign of bad management or parts overspending. There's many reasons managers go negative, perhaps because the spending has to be done in a timely manner, sponsorship issues, the need to secure retention, or maybe the manager has been forced into that position because of randoms. And while randoms may seem rare that is not to diminish their monetary significance, they have a massive immediate effect on income through race results that it may not be possible or even desirable to recuperate it through any savings in parts wear that they may bring (if they bring any at all). It's even possible that a random damages the condition of your parts, which could create unfortunate combinations with your proposal that are not realistically planned for. Randoms may also cause managers to overspend further if they need to overspend in other races to achieve their performance goals. And then we have the effect of randoms on sponsorship. For me it's not hard at all to imagine that a poorly timed random could cost $50 million just from lost sponsors and negotiations. It could well be more than that.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #35 posted Jul 12th 2020, 18:42:03 Quote 
Sure, the lad gained 70M in a season. But finished outside 90% in half the races, never did a single test, and has whopping staff & fac level of 1.

I wouldn't be too worried, even if he had 500M :)
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 44)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #36 posted Jul 12th 2020, 19:18:43 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 19:21:56 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ July 12th 2020,18:42:03 )

Sure, the lad gained 70M in a season. But finished outside 90% in half the races, never did a single test, and has whopping staff & fac level of 1.

I wouldn't be too worried, even if he had 500M :)

Yeah, I really find it fascinating this victim culture pervasing its way into everything. These guys smoking out races, running 0ct, not testing, not being competitive, and making money are not actually taking anything from anybody as they play the game.

Those with the massive bank balances and whatnot other success are not robbing others, nor ruining the chances of others of being successful in game.

If somebody honestly thinks their success is affected so significantly by others running broken cars and whatnot, Im afraid they really need to take a quiet moment or two for some much needed introspection.
Rogerio Mandler
(Group Master - 3)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #37 posted Jul 12th 2020, 19:21:46 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 19:28:29 by Rogerio Mandler) Quote 
Alternative: Nobody gets new parts on reset.
Car parts ends with 99% in race 17, starts with 99% in race 1 the following season.

The advantage of exploring that part of the game would lose strength. To keep the car's high lvl, you would need to spend accordingly.

As everyone would not get a new part, there could be a new income on reset, according to the group. Elite 40M / Master 30M / Pro 20M / Amateur 10M. Or Elite 50M / 40M / 30M / 20M amateur.

Do not let the manager run because he have 99-100% car parts would be bad. It may be just because the manager had 1-2-3 random after going into the negative (-10M per example). he ran out of money, and there is no way to buy a new part. There would be extra punishment for those who take random.

MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 44)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #38 posted Jul 12th 2020, 19:27:39 Quote 
Quote ( Rogerio Mandler @ July 12th 2020,19:21:46 )

Car parts ends with 99% in race 17, starts with 99% in race 1 the following season.

The advantage of exploring that part of the game would lose strength. To keep the car's high lvl, you would need to spend accordingly.

As everyone would not get a new part, there could be a new income on reset, according to the group. Elite 40M / Master 30M / Pro 20M / Amateur 10M. Or Elite 50M / 40M / 30M / 20M amateur.

That makes entirely no sense at all. Its comments like yours that really show how there is no problem with the game design or gameplay or with the accused folks, but instead with victim mentality. Unable to acknowledge beaten fair and square... unable to acknowledge need to improve... must be somebody, something else to 'blame' rather than take the necessary accountability for personal growth and improvement.
Rogerio Mandler
(Group Master - 3)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #39 posted Jul 12th 2020, 19:31:12 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 19:58:55 by Rogerio Mandler) Quote 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ July 12th 2020,19:27:39 )

That makes entirely no sense at all. Its comments like yours that really show how there is no problem with the game design or gameplay or with the accused folks, but instead with victim mentality. Unable to acknowledge beaten fair and square... unable to acknowledge need to improve... must be somebody, something else to 'blame' rather than take the necessary accountability for personal growth and improvement.

The manager who ends with car 9 in the amateur, wins a new car lvl 9 on reset. You end up with a lvl 4 car and get a new lvl 4 car on reset.

The difference in value between parts 4 and 9 is huge, so it is interesting to abuse the system.

If everyone in the same group earn the same money at the start of the season, nobody gets a new part better than the opponent of the same level. And who has a car lvl 9 with 100% will have to downgrade (or buy a new lvl 9 car) the car sometime, because they will never score points with 99% car parts.

I agree that the ideal would not be to be able to race with a broken car (99%), but you need to see all possible situations. And it is common for managers to upgrade, new car, stay -5M and have a random brake (from 0 to 99% per example). With the suggested change, he cannot race, or has to downgrade of 3 lvl (If it is part of a high level) But if brakes lvl 1, season ends to him. Upgrade in negative is not possible. And I am always against any changes that punish the manager who takes random (Side effect of this change).

Felipe Aguiar
(Group Master - 4)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Jul 12th 2020, 19:45:49 (last edited Jul 12th 2020, 19:47:07 by Felipe Aguiar) Quote 
Just to clarify a few things:

1: It is not an exploit of the game system if it is allowed by the rules.
If the rules and game engine allow you to do something ,if you want, it is your decision to do it or not as you see fit.

2: 100% wear takes too long to drop out, if at all.
This is especialy true in slow groups or lower classes, it is very unlikelly that you will not complete a full race distance even at 100% wear at start.

The problem here is not to punish A or B, but that it is profitably to simply not race and smoke for a few seasons.

My opinion is that you should do it if you want, but not at a profit, if anything you should run a net loss for smoking race after race, as to encourage people to race instead of just holding on to a few points from a few races.
Michael Keeney
(Group Pro - 24)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #41 posted Jul 12th 2020, 22:25:20 Quote 
Im not against many of the comments in here. However to reward planning. Anyone with 100% wear in any part should start the race smoking. No chance at FT. Etc.

Maybe just maybe I'd allow part levels 1-3 to not smoke at the start
However anyone with a level 4 part at 100% should smoke on lap 1. That doesn't take anything away from that car pitting on lap 1 to try and fix the part. Then the part could last another set distance.

There should be a much higher risk of smoke if anyone boosts when a part is at 100%.

This is just my opinion. I personally would always reward someone who plans their account.

Madars Podziguns
(Group Amateur - 72)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #42 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:06:51 (last edited Jul 13th 2020, 01:08:50 by Madars Podziguns) Quote 
Quote ( Maciek Paruch @ July 12th 2020,17:20:03 )

What's wrong with smoking cars? If anyone enjoys rolling for place out of top 30, let him do it. With technical problems he will be much slower and then you pass him and keep fighting for your own target.

And with that new idea - what about parts that will come to 100% wear during the race? Instant DNF or?

For gags.

Search in youtube "Sebastien Buemi's Wheels Come Off". That is how i imagine 100% car wear.
At least we have Williams FW42 as 100% worn car ;)

there is nothing wrong with the smoking cars. you just didn't get the point. it is fine at a certain extent... but when a manager with high-level formula can smoke for 14 race in a row, finish in top 8 and save close to 100 mils... it is not fine.
Peter Peyper
(Group Rookie - 42)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #43 posted Jul 13th 2020, 13:16:35 Quote 
Interesting to read what everyone sais

I have a question regarding this all:

You can't test with parts above 90% wear, but you race with parts 100% and exceeding !!!

So why not allow testing till 100%
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #44 posted Jul 13th 2020, 13:24:45 Quote 
Repair during test. <---------------- Great thing.
Renato Dell
(Group Amateur - 91)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #45 posted Jul 13th 2020, 17:01:33 Quote 
People get too stressed out overthinking about realism, but sometimes forget to imagine the practical implications of such strategy.

TBH if they do a good job they won't need to worry about getting managers out of the races.
Athol Kay
(Group Pro - 9)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Jul 13th 2020, 17:44:33 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Peyper @ July 13th 2020,13:16:35 )

Interesting to read what everyone sais

I have a question regarding this all:

You can't test with parts above 90% wear, but you race with parts 100% and exceeding !!!

So why not allow testing till 100%

That's a logical question in terms of realism.

Unfortunately if you could test at 100% wear, then that really would create a scenario where the only way to play the game would be to endlessly test and smoke for seasons on end.

As it stands the smoke out entire seasons strategy does make money in the shorter term, but comes at the cost of lost sponsors, no testing, demotivating staff and driver, no development of staff of facilities et al. So it's somewhat dubious the practice is an overall effectively strategy.
Athol Kay
(Group Pro - 9)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Jul 13th 2020, 17:54:14 Quote 
If we really wanted to close the door on the smoking out endless seasons as a strategy, there's an extremely simple fix.

Just make failure to go 80% of the distance result in zero race income. They would still have all their per race expenses, so the race would be a net loss of income.

There could be an allowance for punctures and start crashes to stay at 50% of race income. They are horrific enough as it is lol.

But as I've maintained, I'm not sure this is needed as smoking out entire seasons just seems a sub-optimal strategy already. Just using the strategy is punishment enough.
Nuno Vicente
(Group Master - 3)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Jul 13th 2020, 18:37:02 Quote 
Quote ( Rogerio Mandler @ July 12th 2020,19:21:46 )

Actually this could be a good idea ...will not resolve this issue, but maybe it will help on another matter.

Sorry for getting out of the topic, but this could help at PHA at the start of the season.

Maybe...just maybe i don´t wont a new engine at first race of the season if it´s Monaco.

Don´t know if it was sugested before...and only now im start to think about it...but maybe isn´t a bad idea?!
Ivars Vēza
(Group Amateur - 14)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Jul 17th 2020, 23:09:07 Quote 
And now he won. Expected.

At least in amateurs buildings and stuff costs grow rapidly, but gains just barely. More worth to spend on car and driver. Pro with technical director could be other story.
Alex Calinoiu
(Group Pro - 5)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted Jul 17th 2020, 23:16:03 Quote 
Quote ( Ivars Vēza @ July 11th 2020,17:25:00 )

In my amateur group there is manager with level 9 car and he hasnt changed parts single time whole season. He also got points at first races
Hey, thanks for the idea, i'll give it a go! :))
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #51 posted Jul 17th 2020, 23:40:57 Quote 
Those are the kind of Managers that think that the only chance of getting to Elite is to knead fortune of 250million... then they just spend it all trying to retain 1st master season.
Yes, its unrealistic and dumb but ultimately it does not distort the game or other manager plans.

Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #52 posted Jul 18th 2020, 17:35:45 Quote 
That's correct but it does remove up to 10 points from the Season calendar.

That affects the other manager's in the group. It may be in only one race but it is a season long problem for someone who is fighting for the Podium or simply fighting to retain.

However, as a team manager, I don't give a hoot about how it affects others. I have my system for playing the game, period.

If I did the same in Amateur, it would receive an equal amount of criticism. However, a look at my profile and you might realise that this was an aberration and a recent change.

So, before you take me to the stake.... take a deep breath and remember in this GAME 'I will play my way' and so will you.

Quit moaning over nothing. It makes your mind argue with yourself.
Felipe Aguiar
(Group Master - 4)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #53 posted Jul 18th 2020, 18:53:06 Quote 
Actually after checking the account in question, I get the impression that this is more of a Mr.Shadow type of customer than a niche management strategy.
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Dont let participate in races with 100% wear Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic