Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Technical Insight wrong describtion? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Author Topic: Technical Insight wrong describtion? 21 replies
Sascha Mittendorfer
(Group Rookie - 131)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (10)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #1 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:03:07 (last edited Jul 13th 2020, 01:03:52 by Sascha Mittendorfer) Quote 
Quote from the Tutorial
"Drivers with a good technical insight know how the car works. This will help in more accurate feedback when setting up the car, as well as better knowledge of how to conserve fuel, tyres and car parts."

But it seems that it does not affect tyre and part wear.
Chris Shaw
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #2 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:36:15 Quote 
A good observation for a rookie, yeah I think this text needs changing, it sucks when new players make notes on stuff that is factually incorrect.
Sascha Mittendorfer
(Group Rookie - 131)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:44:43 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ July 13th 2020,01:36:15 )

A good observation for a rookie, yeah I think this text needs changing, it sucks when new players make notes on stuff that is factually incorrect.

Im less proud of my 190+ TI driver now :)
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (10)
Old post #4 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:46:36 Quote 
If it affects or not other things such as part of tyres wear is for the managers to find out :)
Graham Mercer
(Group Amateur - 2)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (29)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Jul 13th 2020, 01:49:28 Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ July 13th 2020,01:46:36 )

If it affects or not other things such as part of tyres wear is for the managers to find out :)

Not when the tutorial specifically says that it does, that is misleading rather than helping.
Joe Manifold
(Group Rookie - 53)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Jul 13th 2020, 02:13:01 Quote 

Does this mean there are other incorrect information in the tutorial for managers to find out?

Information in the tutorial that specifically states benefits of a stat that is incorrect isn't a FOBY matter. If you want it to be a FOBY matter, you shouldn't list specific benefits, especially incorrect ones.
Renato Dell
(Group Amateur - 91)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Jul 13th 2020, 04:48:30 Quote 
I agree it's FOBY, and I agree the text should be revised.
Béla Ormos
(Group Amateur - 30)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #8 posted Jul 14th 2020, 08:54:11 Quote 
Quote ( Sascha Mittendorfer @ July 13th 2020,01:03:07 )

Ok, maybe I'm too amateur, but I strongly disaggre with this sentence. According to my data there is a pretty measurable correlation for one part. Althought the other is something I do not consider, but still. It is there. So the tutorial is correct. The FOBY is the level of correlation.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Amateur - 52)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Jul 14th 2020, 09:02:12 (last edited Jul 14th 2020, 09:05:44 by Amitesh Patnaik) Quote 
And there I was looking at 100+ TI drivers to reduce tyre and parts wear, could have focused on other stats in my rookie season. T_T

Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 13)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (7)
Old post #10 posted Jul 14th 2020, 10:18:41 Quote 

Quote from the Tutorial
"Drivers with a good technical insight know how the car works. This will help in more accurate feedback when setting up the car, as well as better knowledge of how to conserve fuel, tyres and car parts."

I agree it's FOBY, and I do not agree the text should be revised!
Why would you think 1 test will make a huge difference on all topics affected? Could it be, the effect will only grow gradually ... ? In only 12 races so far, with all due respect, you may not have tested that much yet to be able to figure this out ... Give it time and keep trying :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #11 posted Jul 14th 2020, 10:33:39 Quote 

Quote from the Tutorial

Appearances are sometimes deceiving.
Sascha Mittendorfer
(Group Rookie - 131)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (13)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #12 posted Jul 14th 2020, 10:34:44 (last edited Jul 14th 2020, 10:46:19 by Sascha Mittendorfer) Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ July 14th 2020,10:18:41 )

Quote from the Tutorial

I agree it's FOBY, and I do not agree the text should be revised!
Why would you think 1 test will make a huge difference on all topics affected? Could it be, the effect will only grow gradually ... ? In only 12 races so far, with all due respect, you may not have tested that much yet to be able to figure this out ... Give it time and keep trying :)

With all due respect, "your a noob" is always a bad argument and has nothing to do with the problem here. Either it is wrong and needs changing or its not and can stay that way. There is no FOBY here, its what the game tells you right away.

To make it more clear and get this FOBY habbit out of the way:
What additional knowledge would i gain if you tell me that the tutorial is in fact correct? None
And if its not correct the tutorial spreads false information, thats clearly not as intended.
Marc Meuleman
(Group Rookie - 102)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jul 14th 2020, 11:27:22 Quote 
In my opinion and experience, i'ts correct, but...in combination with a low level of aggressiveness, and low percentage risk during the race.
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 13)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #14 posted Jul 14th 2020, 11:56:26 (last edited Jul 14th 2020, 12:03:57 by Niels Van Heijster) Quote 
Quote ( Sascha Mittendorfer @ July 14th 2020,10:34:44 )

With all due respect, "your a noob" is always a bad argument and has nothing to do with the problem here. Either it is wrong and needs changing or its not and can stay that way. There is no FOBY here, its what the game tells you right away.

What additional knowledge would i gain if you tell me that the tutorial is in fact correct? None
And if its not correct the tutorial spreads false information, thats clearly not as intended.

Let's get this straight. I never called you a noob, you made it so yourself. I simply think you are new to the game, and everybody has to start at some point. It's why I put in "with all due respect", nothing more, nothing less ... However, you are not the first and will not be the last that wants quick "access to the game". I don't blame eagerness, that's fine, perfect even! But patience is a virtue in this game, you'll gonna have to learn to love it ...

I consider myself eager and hungry for game knowledge and looking for how to get the best out of my game play. But there's a lot more to the game, then even I am aware of yet. The longer you play, the more you will discover, which is why I referred to your 12 GPs driven. I've been here for a few season more, but still consider myself to be "new to the game". I guess it's a POV by choice.

Though FOBY may not be a likable term, you should look past the term itself. Part of the fun of this game, is to try and "crack the codes". If it was all ready made, then we all would do better and would be more similar in our game play. Now we can explore, test, do trail and error, get disappointed, learn from it and improve for the future. That's what this management game is about, that's how most treat it and that's why you will be told "FOBY" in so many words by the different more experienced managers.

Also keep in mind that the basic game dynamics in Rookie also apply to Elite. Building up your package through the tiers, will gradually also cause bigger impacts by the different parts involved in these game dynamics. Just try to imagine, if in Rookie any change would have a massive impact, how big would that impact be in Elite ... ?

And as I indicated previously, the quote from the Tutorial you are referring to does not need changing (from my POV). Try to keep an open mind, get idea's and test them by yourself, or even better, with the help of a team. That's what FOBY is about, it's not about brushing off the newbies ... So relax!

Then again, if you don't like that approach, and are here for speedy results only, this may not be the right game for you to play ...

Sascha Mittendorfer
(Group Rookie - 131)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #15 posted Jul 14th 2020, 12:13:54 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ July 14th 2020,11:56:26 )

Let's get this straight. I never called you a noob, you made it so yourself. I simply think you are new to the game, and everybody has to start at some point. It's why I put in "with all due respect", nothing more, nothing less ... However, you are not the first and will not be the last that wants quick "access to the game". I don't blame eagerness, that's fine, perfect even! But patience is a virtue in this game, you'll gonna have to learn to love it ...

I consider myself eager and hungry for game knowledge and looking for how to get the best out of my game play. But there's a lot more to the game, then even I am aware of yet. The longer you play, the more you will discover, which is why I referred to your 12 GPs driven. I've been here for a few season more, but still consider myself to be "new to the game". I guess it's a POV by choice.

Though FOBY may not be a likable term, you should look past the term itself. Part of the fun of this game, is to try and "crack the codes". If it was all ready made, then we all would do better and would be more similar in our game play. Now we can explore, test, do trail and error, get disappointed, learn from it and improve for the future. That's what this management game is about, that's how most treat it and that's why you will be told "FOBY" in so many words by the different more experienced managers.

Also keep in mind that the basic game dynamics in Rookie also apply to Elite. Building up your package through the tiers, will gradually also cause bigger impacts by the different parts involved in these game dynamics. Just try to imagine, if in Rookie any change would have a massive impact, how big would that impact be in Elite ... ?

And as I indicated previously, the quote from the Tutorial you are referring to does not need changing (from my POV). Try to keep an open mind, get idea's and test them by yourself, or even better, with the help of a team. That's what FOBY is about, it's not about brushing off the newbies ... So relax!

Then again, if you don't like that approach, and are here for speedy results only, this may not be the right game for you to play ...

I appreciate your time and effort to make your point, but this is not the place to discuss this topic. At some point i will open a discussion about the way people use the term FOBY and i invite you to add your oppinion at that point.
This topic is about possible misleading information in the TUTORIAL for new players.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #16 posted Jul 14th 2020, 12:19:21 Quote 
The tutorial should say this:

"Drivers with a good technical insight know how the car works. This will help in more accurate feedback when setting up the car, and there are some relatively minor secondary affects as well.
Niels Van Heijster
(Group Amateur - 13)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #17 posted Jul 14th 2020, 12:33:19 Quote 
Quote ( Sascha Mittendorfer @ July 14th 2020,12:13:54 )

At some point i will open a discussion about the way people use the term FOBY

I kindly suggest to search the Forum for "FOBY" before opening another topic on it. Not to cut you short, but to get informed ...
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Jul 14th 2020, 18:23:30 Quote 

1- That you still have to keep digging. What other factors affect fuel, tyres and car wear? Please, don't answer.
2- You can still be proud of your driver.
Tom Smith
(Group Amateur - 10)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #19 posted Jul 14th 2020, 19:48:05 (last edited Jul 14th 2020, 19:48:49 by Tom Smith) Quote 

there’s a difference between saying it has other benefits and listing specific benefits it doesn’t have. How can anyone believe anything else written in the tutorial, wiki, faq, etc., if this is your response?
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Jul 14th 2020, 20:11:39 Quote 
I believe what they deciphered.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jul 14th 2020, 20:35:12 Quote 
"misleading information' is purely speculation on your part.

In order to claim something is misleading you require a certain amount of data to back that claim.

It does not appear that you have enough experience to have the data base to claim the info is 'misleading' Give it 2 seasons of testing and then you may see a change... or not.

Don't worry IF that was in fact 'misleading' there would be a ton of experienced managers clamouring for correction.

Relax and enjoy the game.
Sascha Mittendorfer
(Group Rookie - 131)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #22 posted Jul 14th 2020, 21:52:30 Quote 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ July 14th 2020,20:35:12 )

Don't worry IF that was in fact 'misleading' there would be a ton of experienced managers clamouring for correction

Or, they would say that i couldnt possibly know and shouldnt bother ;)
There is one person who defenetly knows without a doubt or bias, and its the same person who can correct this error.
This is not a poll, its me reporting a possible bug to the developer.

Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Technical Insight wrong describtion? Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic