Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPROVision XLII: Multiple Rounds Madness 16 Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: GPROVision XLII: Multiple Rounds Madness 16 254 replies
Mikko Suhonen
(Group Elite)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #241 posted Nov 28th 2020, 00:23:36 (last edited Nov 28th 2020, 00:24:03 by Mikko Suhonen) Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ November 27th 2020,21:26:07 )

Who's doing the Christmas edition? Haven't done one of those in a while. In fact I don't think I've ever entered one at all.

I'm reserving the right for the soon traditional year-edition (so in this case, the "songs of 2020" edition) around the New Year time, so as long as any Xmas doesn't overlap that one ;)

-------

Congrats Alex! Nice song to win it, that was a fun new find even from the 80s, well first time I ever heard that.

Thanks for the surprisingly high number of points for Häkkinen too :D It was the day of white and blue. Somehow I expected to get that 0-pointer from Marvin ha, but that's fair.

Thanks also very much for running the game Calum! Flawless job and out of the recent hosts, you didn't have to postpone stuff which was excellent! :D We'll get more players in future editions too. Especially the prison round was fun to search because I couldn't use only my usual song library tactics for it, it may have probably shook up other people too.
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #242 posted Nov 28th 2020, 01:56:35 Quote 
Yeah great work Calum - really good edition :)

Looking at the overall stats, some interesting and unusual overall changes.

Firstly, @Alex Melzer (R95)'s win moves him in to the Hall of Fame making him the 30th Most Successful GPROVision player of all time after just 3 editions! That knocks Martynas Bražėnas out of the Top 50 (2 Bronze Medals no longer enough to be in the all time reckoning). Speaking of Bronze medals, my 3rd placed finished proved somewhat signficant, as I leapfrog both @Mikko Suhonen (E) and Michał Kubski to 11th overall (I need at least a 2nd placed finish to get any higher up though...).

I'm also now joint 6th on the all time list for appearances (tied with @Cristian Morales (Ret) on 21), with @Ania Piekarska (E) now joint 16th on that same list. Meanwhile, this marks @Kevin Parkinson (R150)'s 18th appearance without a win (joint 3rd on the overall list for that particular accolade) - though if he were ever to win one, he would immediately enter the Top 10 in the Hall of Fame based on his impressive podium records!

Speaking of podiums, @Ivelin Dobrev (R165) extends his lead at the top of that particular standing, with me now joining @Jun Ho (A78), Michał and @Daryl Gee (A83) in joint 2nd place there. 2nd place for Ivelin also gives him the solo accolade of Most 2nd Places in GPROVision ever (with 3). He also now has the most Overall Top 5 Finishes (with 10), while @Cameron Halsall (A25) and I both move into joint 4th for that statistic also.

Finally, 2 of the most unusual records were broken in this edition - as Kevin's 7th placed finish means he has now finished 7th on 5 separate occasions (2 more than any other player), while Mikko's 8th placed finish means he has now finished 8th on a remarkable 6 separate occasions (4 more than any other player)!!!

Full stats breakdown can be found here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zbzvuC4QL74ItBNOYL2E...
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 150)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #243 posted Nov 28th 2020, 11:23:00 Quote 
I'll take that in the last round :) 1st before the bonus points, and I know I'd played it risky when going for song quality over bonus points. To be beaten by the song I have 12 points to isn't something I can be disappointed about - a deserved winner, and a song I didn't know and has now been added to my playlist. The best thing about GPROVision for me is when that happens.
Jun Ho
(Group Amateur - 78)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #244 posted Nov 28th 2020, 11:36:59 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Suhonen @ November 28th 2020,00:23:36 )

Flawless job and out of the recent hosts, you didn't have to postpone stuff which was excellent! :D

:(

I just managed to get Top 10 which is really nice. Cheers Calum for the game, appreciate it! :)
Calum MacKinnon
(Group Pro - 1)

Topic mod
Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #245 posted Nov 28th 2020, 12:53:39 Quote 
Thanks guys! There were a couple of blips along the way but I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Quote ( Mikko Suhonen @ November 28th 2020,00:23:36 )

I'm reserving the right for the soon traditional year-edition (so in this case, the "songs of 2020" edition) around the New Year time, so as long as any Xmas doesn't overlap that one ;)

This one was really good last year so I'm looking forward to that :D
Keith Partridge
(Group Amateur - 22)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #246 posted Nov 28th 2020, 13:22:04 Quote 
Great Job Calum.. really enjoyed the rounds ( even if you were overly lenient on some solos!!!)

@Jonathan Beagles (P20) all these stats are great ... any chance of stats on the last place finishers and the lowest scores?!?!?!? I might get a mention there lol!!
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #247 posted Nov 28th 2020, 13:27:28 Quote 
Haha lol - I'll give it some thought mate :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Rookie - 150)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #248 posted Dec 7th 2020, 00:48:24 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ November 28th 2020,01:56:35 )

Meanwhile, this marks @Kevin Parkinson (R150)'s 18th appearance without a win (joint 3rd on the overall list for that particular accolade) - though if he were ever to win one, he would immediately enter the Top 10 in the Hall of Fame based on his impressive podium records!

Interesting. I might need to focus on picking songs that people will vote for some time ;)

Nice write up, @Jonathan Beagles (P20) - only just noticing it now. Sorry I missed it when you put it up.

Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #249 posted Dec 7th 2020, 00:52:22 Quote 
Haha all good mate :)
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #250 posted Dec 7th 2020, 01:33:48 Quote 
I would rather have not won one than keep constantly getting off to a decent start then bottling it every bloody time
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #251 posted Dec 7th 2020, 01:35:08 Quote 
@Mikko Suhonen (E) when are you doing the new year edition? Might be able to do a double header if we do the Christmas one a week before.
Mikko Suhonen
(Group Elite)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #252 posted Dec 7th 2020, 16:46:20 Quote 
I won't call it a new year edition :D But oh well, the 2020 edition should start on January 1st, right after 2020 has ended. And the concept being pretty much the same as in my last year's edition:
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29189&Page=1

Well hmm maybe I will have a look whether I will even start it on December 30th instead, because Wednesdays are usually good for GPROvision.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #253 posted Dec 7th 2020, 18:27:10 Quote 
Okay, as long as the list for the Christmas edition don't come out less than a week before the 2020 edition we should be okay? Maybe a couple of weeks before since you're doing 2 songs?
Mikko Suhonen
(Group Elite)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #254 posted Dec 7th 2020, 20:04:21 Quote 
Well, like I've said in the past (not that most would know), I'm always up for more GPROvision :)

Considering the holidays and most people probably being busy during the 23rd-27th day period at least, I'm just not sure a 2-round edition now before the 2020 edition would see as much activity and as much sense, if that's what you mean with double header. But if you mean a "double header" to consist of a 1-round Christmas edition and then the 2020 edition, there's surely room for it! So it would probably make sense to start it this mid-week so that you can show results on Christmas Eve I guess.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #255 posted Dec 7th 2020, 21:23:28 Quote 
Yes that was the plan, to have a single round edition.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPROVision XLII: Multiple Rounds Madness 16 Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic