Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Certification Bonus for Amateur Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [1
Forum topic poll
Should new Amateurs get a reduced Certification Bonus?
Sign in to vote or view the poll results
Author Topic: Certification Bonus for Amateur 6 replies
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Amateur - 52)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #1 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 09:27:44 (last edited Oct 23rd 2020, 09:32:42 by Amitesh Patnaik) Quote 
Hi!

Today was the first time that I visited the certification page with the intent of attempting it.
Reading the rules, I saw this sweet little bonus section which is only relevant to a rookie with less than 17 races and a few questions crossed my mind:
1. How much will this bonus actually help a rookie?
2. How many rookies attempt the certification?
3. Since a rookie is unlikely to promote to amateur in the first season, doesn't the bonus get wasted with the rookie reset?

So, my main suggestion is that; Bonuses are given to Amateurs as long as they haven't completed their first season in it, although at half the value that a rookie can earn.
The bonus can help those who promoted with low cash reserves from rookie or are struggling with finances by the end of their first season. It could be a life-line for those who demote with less than a million in negative balance as well.

Another suggestion that I have is for the historical questions on the certification test:
1. Increase the Number of Questions - It's interesting to learn about the past events of GPRO. Maybe having 5 questions dedicated to past events could tell us about the rich history of the game.
2. Make them Unmarked/Bonus Question - It's simple, the forums are vast, the game has been around for ages. And I had barely started learning algebra when the first GPRO meeting took place.

I guess that's everything I wanted to say...

Thanks!
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Pro - 18)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 09:29:53 Quote 
True. In a game where the expectation is that your money will be reset for the first few seasons making the bonus apply in the first 17 races doesn't make much sense. You have my yay.
Christopher Delehanty
(Group Amateur - 80)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 15:56:26 Quote 
I think the bonus only really helps those who wait until after their first season reset (but before 17 races). In my mind it puts them on a more equal footing with the other Rookie managers who get the $5 million bonus for doing all 17 races in the prior season.

I get the idea of giving a small sum to those taking it later in their career, but think that the purpose of the certification test is to give new players in the game some ideas about where and how they can find information.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 16:02:44 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Delehanty @ October 23rd 2020,15:56:26 )

I get the idea of giving a small sum to those taking it later in their career, but think that the purpose of the certification test is to give new players in the game some ideas about where and how they can find information.

Maybe giving money for the older players is not the best/most useful idea as it probably wouldn't change much. Just giving 1 free try per season or something. I managed to fail in my first 4 attempts and I'm too stingy to pay 2 mil to take it for the 5th time.
Christopher Delehanty
(Group Amateur - 80)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 16:08:08 Quote 
Like the idea of a free try. Or refunding the 2 mil if it's passed. $2 mil is a lot to pay to rid yourself of the red x of shame.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Group Amateur - 57)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 16:17:04 Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Delehanty @ October 23rd 2020,16:08:08 )

Or refunding the 2 mil if it's passed.

That's an interesting idea as well.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Amateur - 52)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #7 posted Oct 23rd 2020, 16:20:45 (last edited Oct 23rd 2020, 16:21:47 by Amitesh Patnaik) Quote 
The idea isn't to give any money to older players exactly. It's about giving it at a stage when it's of use. The choice will remain with the player, whether they want to earn more in early stages of rookie or take a smaller amount in early stages of amateur.

One free try every season sounds like a very good idea as well.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Certification Bonus for Amateur Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic